PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 New in this Game!

Xed
Jan 18, 2015, 03:54 PM
Topic!

Hello I am funding into a world of PSO2. But as it can see I can't decided which server to play. I heard ship 2 is bad? Can someone filter me more which server as recommend?

Thanks.

Vampy
Jan 18, 2015, 03:58 PM
Ship 2 isn't as bad as people make it out to be but the overall population and quality has declined. But you will still easily find people to play with that know your language compared to other ships. Its give and take really.

BIG OLAF
Jan 18, 2015, 04:02 PM
Hello, Google Translate.

Yeah, Ship 2 is fine. No better or worse than any other ship.

Triple_S
Jan 18, 2015, 04:05 PM
Ship 2 isn't as bad as people make it out to be but the overall population and quality has declined. But you will still easily find people to play with that know your language compared to other ships. Its give and take really.

Pretty much this.

To be honest, Ship 2 is not as obnoxious at all compared to the Block 20 horror stories of days long past. However, it is less populated due to a decent amount of JP players jumping ship, which generally means a harder time finding parties, a worse economy, and probably less good players overall. It's still alright, but from what I hear, moving to a different one might not be a terrible idea. There are people far more knowledgeable about the quality of each ship than I am, though, so hopefully someone will chime in and say "change to this ship because it's amazing and has far more people and better ones too."

Myself, I kinda want to jump ship, in the hopes that I can find a party for any area in the game like in the old days. I miss swapping classes and still finding people in Normal doing shit.

TehCubey
Jan 18, 2015, 04:19 PM
Ship 2 is bad but not for what you'd think.

The community is alright since block 20 is no more, but prices are bad and very high.

I suggest ship 4 or 10. The latter has good prices, the former has more english-speaking players.

Chrysheight
Jan 18, 2015, 05:31 PM
Ship 2 holds more english players than Ship 4 or 10 though. So it's really what you prefer.

Triple_S
Jan 18, 2015, 05:34 PM
Ship 2 holds more english players than Ship 4 or 10 though. So it's really what you prefer.

Even now? Hm.

Then again, I don't interact with anyone in-game (I'm... shy) so I guess I wouldn't know. I generally just play the game as if everyone would prefer I stayed away, so I'd probably do better on a different ship where people wouldn't be able to chat with me anyway :V

LordKaiser
Jan 18, 2015, 05:42 PM
Ship #2 population declined because DDos too a long time and there where not free VPNs or Proxies right away so many moved to other online games.

Chrysheight
Jan 18, 2015, 05:44 PM
Even now? Hm.

Then again, I don't interact with anyone in-game (I'm... shy) so I guess I wouldn't know. I generally just play the game as if everyone would prefer I stayed away, so I'd probably do better on a different ship where people wouldn't be able to chat with me anyway :V

I do but I don't interact with people.

Ship #2 population declined because DDos too a long time and there where not free VPNs or Proxies right away so many moved to other online games.

There's still a lot of people though. That's the thing. We're still getting influx of new players that see "English community is ship 2." then they join ship 2.

Nulve
Jan 18, 2015, 06:04 PM
If you come to Ship 2, avoid B11, it's basically the new B20.

Lot's of Gaijin imbeciles in there, public chatting in non-JP and acting very self-entitled; idle dancing and taking away space from people who want to legitimately play in the block.

Chrysheight
Jan 18, 2015, 06:07 PM

Lot's of Gaijin imbeciles in there, public chatting in non-JP and acting very self-entitled; idle dancing and taking away space from people who want to legitimately play in the block.

Pretty much this.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 18, 2015, 06:19 PM

I gotta wonder why there isn't a dedicated block in place for those people. If SEGA had put one in on every ship, I think things would be much better.

Chrysheight
Jan 18, 2015, 06:41 PM
They would be. But there is a dedicated block away from them. I call it b40

Great Pan
Jan 18, 2015, 07:07 PM
Play Hunter. Trust me.

Gofr
Jan 20, 2015, 12:47 PM
I just joined a couple days ago after finally giving up on a western release almost 3 years later. I joined ship 2 since that was the supposed English server. Can't say I'm disappointed so far. I enjoy the social aspect of the PSO experience as much as the actual game. I love spending hours just sitting and dancing in the lobby talking to random people and making new friends. Just yesterday I spent a good hour or 2 just being harassed and assaulted by a Naruto, Sasuke, and horse head trio. Was dumb, but dumb fun still.

My point is, for me the ability to reliably communicate with others around me trumps whatever the market or other conditions are, so ship 2 it is. Plus, as was mentioned, new people, like me, that finally give up and join only now will be going to ship 2, most likely, since that is still the advertised english server, so I don't think it'll die. Seemed fairly lively the few times I've been on so far, anyway.

Chrysheight
Jan 20, 2015, 12:50 PM
Yeah. Ship 2 is fun as long as you stay away from the mouthbreathers. Lol

Chimeria
Jan 20, 2015, 12:57 PM
If you're on Ship 02, you're going to wind up on B-11 anyway if you're doing EQs, LQs or just want to join random parties. Majority of the other blocks can be pretty dead sometimes.

Some people actually do like that block because of how social it is. Even if it can be full of rude/strange/random people...I'd say check it out at least once just so you can see why people talk so much about it. It really is busy but some of the people just kind of suck. Outside of the quests, I usually stay away from it.

I've said before in another thread, if you're looking for friends this site is a good place to start.

Gofr
Jan 20, 2015, 01:03 PM
so far I've only been in block 2, being that I'm still in the newbie phase of the game. I need to hop onto block 11 and see all the hubbub later tonight.

Chrysheight
Jan 20, 2015, 01:05 PM
Yes, Chimeria is right. This site is good. It's how we became friends. Aka, people who suck at spying on each other.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 20, 2015, 01:23 PM
Yes, Chimeria is right. This site is good. It's how we became friends. Aka, people who suck at spying on each other.

You guys need a spymaster to instruct you. I think I know just the guy for the job -winks-

Chimeria
Jan 20, 2015, 01:30 PM
I'm more of a "bust in the door" kind of guy so I'll leave the spying to you two. :-P

Gofr
Jan 20, 2015, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty good at being sneaky. I do it naturally with my combination of shyness and introvertedness. No one ever knows I'm around unless I want them to. =)

Chimeria
Jan 20, 2015, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty good at being sneaky. I do it naturally with my combination of shyness and introvertedness. No one ever knows I'm around unless I want them to. =)
I do it naturally because I play a male character in PSO2. No one ever pays attention to us. xD

yoshiblue
Jan 20, 2015, 01:48 PM
We exist yet don't exist at the same time. The Schrodinger's cat of PSO2.

Gofr
Jan 20, 2015, 01:49 PM
I do it naturally because I play a male character in PSO2. No one ever pays attention to us. xD

I'll admit I play females characters, but that's because I usually play techer and gunner. While I'm not hardcore into min maxing, I do prefer caseal and newearl for those roles.....with that said, caseal and newearl are the ones I like to play the most anyway and would still pick them even if the stats didn't line up for the roles I wanted to play (I had my newearl warteching back in PSU. Sure the teching part was ok, but the melee......still had fun with it). lol Just nice that they do line up that way. :-)

Xed
Jan 24, 2015, 06:31 PM
Was away for a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion.

schnee4
Jan 24, 2015, 06:41 PM
Ship 2 holds more leecher players than Ship 4 or 10 though. So it's really what you prefer.

did i correct?

or?

Ship 2 holds more dancer AFK players than Ship 4 or 10 though. So it's really what you prefer.

yes?

Noblewine
Jan 24, 2015, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the party.

wefwq
Jan 25, 2015, 12:16 AM
did i correct?

or?

yes?
It's actually both.

You'll see some player holding shitty uncrafted and ungrinded weapon with EXP boost on it and act like it doesn't matters at all.
Even worse you'll see them just sit in the middle of field leeching for EXP and just move when enemies get near only to run a miles or two.
As for dancers, since B-020 are basically now wastelands, they just spread out to a few blocks.