PDA

View Full Version : Sega is Removing IP-Blocks?

mctastee
Jan 19, 2015, 01:00 AM
I am not sure how valid the source is, but I thought people might want to know.
http://nichegamer.net/2015/01/sega-is-removing-ip-blocks-from-phantasy-star-online-2/#S7rM4ZacgviJIROK.16

Sizustar
Jan 19, 2015, 01:08 AM
There was no IP block, it's Sega's new ISP/s DNS not broadcasting correctly that some ISP had problem accessing due to the route they used.

Husq
Jan 19, 2015, 01:09 AM
I am not sure how valid the source is, but I thought people might want to know.
http://nichegamer.net/2015/01/sega-is-removing-ip-blocks-from-phantasy-star-online-2/#S7rM4ZacgviJIROK.16

:/
But there was never an IP block or ban, except for some SEA nations. It was, and depending on ISP, is still a routing issue.

mctastee
Jan 19, 2015, 01:10 AM
There was no IP block, it's Sega's new ISP/s DNS not broadcasting correctly that some ISP had problem accessing due to the route they used.

So, the article is bs then. Got it.

Anduril
Jan 19, 2015, 01:14 AM
So, the article is bs then. Got it.
The information in the article is bs, but based on some of the threads that have been popping up this last week, it does seem like the routing issues are being resolved as more people are being able to connect without a VPN/proxy.

mctastee
Jan 19, 2015, 02:06 AM
The information in the article is bs, but based on some of the threads that have been popping up this last week, it does seem like the routing issues are being resolved as more people are being able to connect without a VPN/proxy.
Sadly, I still can't connect. I want to play again, just not through a vpn or proxy.

FacelessRed
Jan 19, 2015, 02:14 AM
I've been able to connect as per usual now myself. Which is pretty awesome. When did you last attempt to connect to the servers?

pso2love
Jan 19, 2015, 11:56 AM
Just wanted to respond to this thread by saying, that I did attempt to reconnect this morning after months of no use, and was able to connect again. This is using Cox as my ISP. So yeah, I'm allowed back in, however, I'm still going to wait for localization.

Shadowth117
Jan 19, 2015, 01:31 PM
Just wanted to respond to this thread by saying, that I did attempt to reconnect this morning after months of no use, and was able to connect again. This is using Cox as my ISP. So yeah, I'm allowed back in, however, I'm still going to wait for localization.

I can confirm Cox working here as well. However I know a lot of internet sources don't seem to still.

One local ISP I had actually worked for a week and then stopped working after a PSO2 maintenance. There's some silliness surrounding this whole situation, but there's not any definitive proof of foul play since SEGA won't say.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 19, 2015, 01:43 PM
For awhile Comcast wasn't able to connect at all then about October (i wanna say before Halloween) It was working for me in Atlanta. I'm currently in Columbus, GA and Knology (WoW) seems to be working now....as far as I know it started working for them about 2 weeks ago.

Dragon_Knight
Jan 19, 2015, 03:23 PM
Verizon still can't connect though. Still hoping I can get back on it one day. -_-

Jei182
Jan 19, 2015, 03:27 PM
Hmm. I uninstalled the game on my laptop a while ago but since then I've built a new computer. I've been doing pings and tracerts and I've been trying to wait until I'm certain that it's going to work before I even start to install this on the new computer (I still have all of my accounts I just haven't logged into them in forever.) Unfortunately my tracerts while reaching the servers still result in a lot of Request Timed Outs. Hearing this is good news however (hopefully my ISP will join the crowd of those being able to connect) as I'm not really in a position to use a VPN to connect. I just hope Comcast here in the Detroit area is able to reconnect soon. I'm assuming since my pings are still timing out (unless there is a reason for that I'm unaware of besides the usual) that things still aren't quite up here yet.

I haven't given up hope as I really do miss playing the game and I was really looking forward to what was coming (I even have some AC stuff that I can use) before the DDOS stuff happened.

Sizustar
Jan 19, 2015, 03:38 PM
Hmm. I uninstalled the game on my laptop a while ago but since then I've built a new computer. I've been doing pings and tracerts and I've been trying to wait until I'm certain that it's going to work before I even start to install this on the new computer (I still have all of my accounts I just haven't logged into them in forever.) Unfortunately my tracerts while reaching the servers still result in a lot of Request Timed Outs. Hearing this is good news however (hopefully my ISP will join the crowd of those being able to connect) as I'm not really in a position to use a VPN to connect. I just hope Comcast here in the Detroit area is able to reconnect soon. I'm assuming since my pings are still timing out (unless there is a reason for that I'm unaware of besides the usual) that things still aren't quite up here yet.

I haven't given up hope as I really do miss playing the game and I was really looking forward to what was coming (I even have some AC stuff that I can use) before the DDOS stuff happened.

If you can access the main site, then you can connect without using alternate route.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 19, 2015, 04:16 PM
Yep... if you can go to pso2.jp you can play game...I was jokingly mentioning that to my friend while talking with him on the phone and he could actually go there to our surprise :o

Jei182
Jan 19, 2015, 05:00 PM
Yep... if you can go to pso2.jp you can play game...I was jokingly mentioning that to my friend while talking with him on the phone and he could actually go there to our surprise :o

Cool. Unfortunately I find this out on the worse day possible. I'll start the install process and all tomorrow as I won't have time today and hopefully I'll be back in later this week. I was confused by my ping timeouts but I'm guessing that doesn't really matter after all.

GHNeko
Jan 19, 2015, 07:41 PM
Now living in TX. Have comcast. can confirm. PSO2.jp is goo.

mctastee
Jan 19, 2015, 07:51 PM
I am gonna try to connect again when I get home tonight. I am not getting my hopes up though.

Ashurim
Jan 19, 2015, 08:53 PM
Cox. Louisiana. Can confirm.

Shear
Jan 20, 2015, 12:24 AM
It works for me here in Germany over a Versatel connection, though it worked once already and stopped working later.

Nulve
Jan 20, 2015, 11:22 AM
London, UK, Virgin Media is working.

TauAkiou
Jan 20, 2015, 11:15 PM
Once again, we were never IP Blocked from the game. I really wish people would stop calling it an IP Block. Did I mention that it's not an IP block yet? Because it isn't. Cease calling it an IP block.

Okay, I'm done.

Ripestat (https://stat.ripe.net/210.189.208.0/23#routing_bgplay.endtime=1416946500&routing_bgplay.ignoreReannouncements=true&routing_bgplay.instant=null&routing_bgplay.resource=210.189.208.0/23&routing_bgplay.rrcs=0,1,6,7,11,14,3,4,5,10,12,13,1 5&routing_bgplay.starttime=1416773700&routing_bgplay.type=bgp&tabId=at-a-glance)

As of this time, visibility is at an all time high; 93%, meaning this percentage of the RIPE datacenters can see the PSO2 IP range.

As for the people that can't connect still, I'm not entirely sure what is going on with the network, although I have some quick speculations, including but not limited to:

- The 'blocked' ISPs are not accepting the new route.
- The 'blocked' ISPs are slow and still not updating their routing tables.
- The 'blocked' ISPs have the route blacklisted for whatever reason.
- Magical internet sorcery.

It's kind of unusual, since Hurricane Electric, which was providing a route at my school, no longer seems to have a route while it was working all throughout the major blackout period. At this point, since things seem to be working better now and the connection issues are isolated to an ever shrinking pool of ISPs, contacting high-level support might actually bear some fruit.

Otherwise, just wait. The remaining routes might just iron themselves out in the near future anyway.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 21, 2015, 02:06 AM
Oh wow. Just tried myself, can confirm it works. Century Link/Qwest, West coast.

Macman
Jan 21, 2015, 04:20 AM
Still on generic as fuck shitty condo-supplied sub-ISP borrowing AT&T's lines. Still using AWS to connect.

EvilMag
Jan 21, 2015, 04:32 AM
I do wonder if the reason Verzion got blocked was because Yahoo.jp switched back to the old route and the route they used to connect to PSO2 isn't compilable? I noticed around the time they lost connection Comcast, TWC and others gain connection back.

ZER0 DX
Jan 21, 2015, 09:35 AM
Still on generic as fuck shitty condo-supplied sub-ISP borrowing AT&T's lines. Still using AWS to connect.

Welcome to my hell. DSL Extreme is probably never regaining a connection to PSO2.

Fusionxglave
Jan 21, 2015, 11:34 AM
got connection quite a while back about 2 weeks

Playing smoother than ever but a couple of random disconnection but at least playable

pkemr4
Jan 21, 2015, 03:07 PM
East Coast Centurylink unblocked

Perfect Chaos
Jan 21, 2015, 03:21 PM
Midwest CenturyLink is unblocked as well. About time!

redroses
Jan 21, 2015, 03:26 PM
Was able to connect earlier today, now not anymore, bah.

Achelousaurus
Jan 21, 2015, 03:54 PM
I never knew about that site but now I know I should avoid it for posting BS.

nathanielzor
Jan 21, 2015, 03:54 PM
Looks like i'm able to connect now from my small local ISP XMission.

RadiantLegend
Jan 21, 2015, 05:55 PM
Cincinnati bell is go. Almost feels weird not using VPN to connect. It's amazing what 7 months can do.

mctastee
Jan 21, 2015, 07:47 PM
AT&T, still can't connect. FML

AlphaBlob
Jan 21, 2015, 08:27 PM
I used to be unable to connect, and about month ago I tried again and I was able to. Not sure when it got fixed. I'm using videotron by the way.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 21, 2015, 10:10 PM
I have AT&T, still can't connect, so I'll still have to use a VPN...

superdoughboy4
Jan 22, 2015, 01:21 AM
Comcast. Been playing for the past 2 hours.

Eman2417
Jan 24, 2015, 02:17 PM
My local ISP (RCN) started working sometime this week.

Shinamori
Jan 24, 2015, 02:37 PM
Comcast. Been playing for the past 2 hours.

Playing without VPN?

Daiyousei
Jan 24, 2015, 05:02 PM
Been playing for the past week without proxy now on Optimum, was able to connect to the site since late December. Game still needed proxy until a week ago after someone told me to try it again.

RikuKH
Jan 24, 2015, 05:35 PM
Me and my friend have been able to connect for about 11 days now. We're both from northern finland. Our another friend never had the problem.

Ana-Chan
Jan 26, 2015, 06:02 AM
UK using BT, and I have been able to connect again.

Daiyousei
Jan 27, 2015, 12:22 PM
Might be a temporary issue but I woke up and can still connect to the site but game needed AWS again. I played a bit overnight and as of then I could still connect without AWS.

My area is in a blizzard currently so it could be the cause, some websites have slowed down as the winds picked up.

Demon-
Jan 30, 2015, 01:03 AM
Yeah, COX can connect again here in Phoenix AZ.

Tenlade
Jan 30, 2015, 06:35 PM
Charter, lost conection , cant even get into pso.jp anymore, needed AWS again. That was fun while it lasted.

Renzix
Feb 1, 2015, 01:45 AM
Guess i'll post here as well.

Gave the normal connection a try a week ago with my WideOpenWest (WOW!) ISP in Illinois and I haven't had to use AWS once. Able to connect normally.

Skize
Feb 6, 2015, 07:22 PM
I think Sega is realizing that the need their foreign players to come back and spend money. I'm on Charter, been able to log on and go to pso2.jp all day

Tankotron
Feb 6, 2015, 08:24 PM
Suddenlink. Been able to connect for the past few days. Tried to play today and suddenly i can't. Weeeeak.

Qualia
Feb 6, 2015, 09:34 PM
Able to connect with Charter in WA as of today.

AlphaBlob
Feb 7, 2015, 07:59 AM
More like IP-Blocks is removing Sega. lol

Skize
Feb 7, 2015, 12:25 PM
More like IP-Blocks is removing Sega. lol

LOL, that could be true too