PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 11* Unit Passes - Should they be a thing?

DJcooltrainer
Jan 20, 2015, 11:38 AM
I've been thinking about it now, and I'm kind of wondering if that's something that's ever going to happen. Do you think people should be able to buy/sell 11* units in the player shops, or do you think they should be reserved for people who take the time/effort/meseta to make their own?

LordKaiser
Jan 20, 2015, 11:41 AM
Buy and sell since most of them except Sieg's, Magatsu's and Gunne's are trash so SEGA can make exceptions with the Sieg's ones.

Punisher106
Jan 20, 2015, 11:41 AM
It would be sort of a decent idea, but running XQs ad nauseum can net you a few units through Notburga's clone, if not from drops. I mean, my main's still using the Sparkpuppy set...

final_attack
Jan 20, 2015, 11:43 AM
Personally, I think it should be available in shops. Well, not every people got time to hunt for them .... there's also .... RNG wall ....

As for effort, getting meseta to buy them can be counted as effort too ..... especially if the person who wants it having a little time to play because of irl things. Getting the meseta should be enough for effort.

Terrence
Jan 20, 2015, 11:59 AM
Most of them except Sieg's, Magatsu's and Gunne's are trash.
Whitill Wings ? Fire/Ice/Thunder MB Units with 5 Affixes ? Stop saying silly things easily influenced people could trust.
About 11★ Units being able to be bought/sold I think it's not a good idea. You want it, you farm it... Let's work hard !

wefwq
Jan 20, 2015, 12:06 PM
Since there's really limited *11 units available as rare drop, their price will be crashed in a week anyway.

So no, not now at least, maybe wait for a few more sets being released.

Shinamori
Jan 20, 2015, 12:14 PM
Plus I assume the XQ ones won't be sellable since you can trade them in at the rare stone shop

strikerhunter
Jan 20, 2015, 12:24 PM
Overall, you'll still have to hunt for 11* units for the tickets but having the tickets available lessen the hassle especially if you keep getting a piece you already had while hunting for that one last piece.

Walkure
Jan 20, 2015, 12:31 PM
It'd basically be for exchanging the hodgepodge sets of XQ units for Saiki, Magatsu, or Zieg sets (if that works). It'd be nice for that (I could use a lot of saiki sets for gearing, but I don't even have one set completed since I missed out on the trigger wave).
Whitill Wings ? Fire/Ice/Thunder MB Units with 5 Affixes ? Stop saying silly things easily influenced people could trust.
About 11★ Units being able to be bought/sold I think it's not a good idea. You want it, you farm it... Let's work hard !
Uh since when have there been 11* units in the matterboard? Or are you talking about the fodder MB units? Those can be nice to put onto a unit set with better set bonuses, but they're not great as wearable units on their own. Also not entirely relevant to the discussion of 11* units.

DJcooltrainer
Jan 20, 2015, 01:05 PM
Since there's really limited *11 units available as rare drop, their price will be crashed in a week anyway.

So no, not now at least, maybe wait for a few more sets being released.

I hadn't really thought about prices, but I'm not sure if that's really a bad thing. I'm sure players could still make a pretty penny off selling fully affixed +10 units, though.

I'd be interested to see if there's enough spare units out there to fill the demand if people could buy/sell them through the player shops. Low supply might actually keep the prices higher.

Walkure
Jan 20, 2015, 01:23 PM
Prices on then units might end up pretty low, but gear levels on player's alt characters and classes will also go up if they can more readily obtain copies of the best sets. This leads to much more incentive to go on pocket chars/classes according to quest/EQ, marginally improving all PUG MPAs. It's also guaranteed to be much better than just disassembling said units and selling the crafting materials.

Buyers win, sellers win, SEGA wins because people have more incentive to pay for premium. I don't really see the problem here.

reaper527
Jan 20, 2015, 02:48 PM
Plus I assume the XQ ones won't be sellable since you can trade them in at the rare stone shop

i would hope that sega would be smart enough to look at the source of the item, and allow xq unit drops to be turned into passes/sold, but not allow the ones that were obtained from stone cash ins to be sold/passed. of course, this is sega we're talking about, so who knows.

regardless, i'm waiting to buy premium until 11* unit passes are a thing. hopefully sega gets it done soon.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 20, 2015, 07:06 PM
i would hope that sega would be smart enough to look at the source of the item, and allow xq unit drops to be turned into passes/sold, but not allow the ones that were obtained from stone cash ins to be sold/passed. of course, this is sega we're talking about, so who knows.

Don't count on it. Safe to assume XQ units will not be tradeable for passes when we do get 11* unit purchase passes.

DJcooltrainer
Jan 21, 2015, 09:21 AM
Prices on then units might end up pretty low, but gear levels on player's alt characters and classes will also go up if they can more readily obtain copies of the best sets. This leads to much more incentive to go on pocket chars/classes according to quest/EQ, marginally improving all PUG MPAs. It's also guaranteed to be much better than just disassembling said units and selling the crafting materials.

Buyers win, sellers win, SEGA wins because people have more incentive to pay for premium. I don't really see the problem here.

This is my biggest hope, is that the average MPA will (maybe) improve if it becomes easier to obtain high end gear. I understand that Sega is trying to keep the highest end gear obtainable only by people who put a lot of time and effort into it, but with 12* weapons being fairly common and 13* weapons being around, I feel like there's still enough incentive for those people.

yoshiblue
Jan 21, 2015, 09:24 AM
If it would be such a problem, then just make it for plain (0 affixes) 11*+ only. Dudes get their units, affixers still get their money.

Achelousaurus
Jan 21, 2015, 04:04 PM
Can't. This is sega.
Also, that would be complete and utter BS. Can't sell that outdated 4s Saiki set when you're using a good 6s one now. People would rage so hard.

Anyway, considering that rare stone shop is pretty much out of the picture there are only Saiki, Burisae and Diaboi sets + Whitill Wing left to sell.
Prices would be low, which would be amazing.

And fully affixed and grinded they would still sell higher than 10* units cause with passes from the rare stone or zieg units you could still easily get five times more 10* units.
And a lot of of those already have a big gap between blank and maxed. There'd still be a good market for your 5s saiki set.
But getting and making a saiki set yourself would be quite feasible unlike now where it requires a hell lot of luck.

Chigun
Jan 21, 2015, 04:48 PM
The less passes and things in shops the better. Having this game be a meseta gathering simulator is exactly the sort of thing we should be heading away from.

I mean I would straight up view 11* weapons as trash if not for the excube exchange, because I can just hop on the player shops and get literally any item in the game with little effort. This is of course made worse if you buy AC--one lucky scratch there can be the equivalent of months of dutifully doing DOs/TAs/etc. I know, I recently bagged 40 million meseta because I happened to roll a crappy looking haircut. I think anyone in favor of this is really just asking for the divide between paying and non-paying players to be greater (especially if we move this idea to 12* weapons), to say nothing about how boring that is.

Maybe it's the PSO1 mentality... but getting raped by the RNG is sort of what this game is. Sitting around playing shopping (unless it's REAL trades with massive finds on both sides being offered, but the PSO2 trade system doesn't allow that) is not what I take or want this game to be.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 21, 2015, 04:51 PM
Passes should die.

EvilMag
Jan 21, 2015, 04:58 PM
I'm gonna be honest. Sega should have never given us the option to exchange 10*/11* weapons for excubes. Excube exchange is mostly the reason why we have passes in the first place. Ok yeah it's also because Premium but I'm sure they could have easily implemented a feature to buy them without passes while Premium. >_>

Macman
Jan 21, 2015, 06:48 PM
Passes needing premium need to go. They can make premium not require passes to buy gear if they still want them to have the easy way out, but it's getting more and more difficult to stay at least reasonably in the loop for the classes you want, ESPECIALLY for people playing catch-up. (Who even SHAQs anymore?)

What's going to happen when 12* are the new standard for late-to-end game gear? They're still quite rare (I don't see everyone running around with a sawd or any of the XH 12*, only a select few and I certainly haven't come across any myself)

When we start near level 100 content, are 11* still going to be the standard because anything else higher drops so infrequently? Will that even cut it or will it perform along the lines of what we see now as "half-extended red/blue weapon at +6"?

Anga kind of flipped this game upside down and gave the illusion that progress for everyyone was coming, but it hasn't. It just broke the game with its 1-in-a-million loot and left a very large player gap in the 55-70 level range. Fortunately we have the LQ to fill that gap for now but it won't last.

TL;DR: Premium-only passes need to go the way of the dodo. Make premium not require passes to buy shit if you still want premium to be a "get out of RNG jail" card

EvilMag
Jan 21, 2015, 06:55 PM
I don't know man. I've been seeing every Bouncer with those 12* DB's lately. I've also been seeing a lot of Hunters with Lightning Espada.

Macman
Jan 21, 2015, 06:59 PM
Boy I would sure love to see what rain dance they're doing. I'm still using 10* gear for bouncer. All those XH EQs and UQ runs and shit and nothin' yet. Only 12* is a lame God Hand :-?

EvilMag
Jan 21, 2015, 07:02 PM
Well they drop a lot in Caves EQ but that never shows up.

Macman
Jan 21, 2015, 07:09 PM
That's the funny thing. They obsolete EQ content (and content in general) so hard with their constant scheduling that it basically amounts to all rares exclusive to that EQ being limited-time releases.

I mean when the next UQ comes along, everything cool from forest barring Anga rares (I assume they'll follow along to whatever new photon-blast monster they put on Lillipa) will essentially be unobtainable unless you can somehow convince 11 other people to run this old-hat quest with you 100 times until something drops.

Well... except when Sega realizes how neglected it is and throws a hookers-and-blow party going "+400% rare droprates for corrupted forest for 2 days!" for a grand total of maybe 25 people to get half of what they wanted (gotta get 2 for element grinding purposes) from Anga during that period.

EvilMag
Jan 21, 2015, 07:11 PM
Yeah pretty much. That's mostly the players fault. I remember Seabeds coming out and nobody wanted to do any other MPA area except Seabeds. Even though that had probably the shittest drops out of all the areas. Almost as bad as Sanctum.

Z-0
Jan 21, 2015, 07:22 PM
It's not really the player's fault though if there's no real incentive to hunt something over something else. What do you want people to do, waste their time so you can get your special thing nobody else wants?

The blame is entirely on SEGA.

Lax
Jan 23, 2015, 08:48 AM
Fire/Ice/Thunder MB Units with 5 Affixes ?

These aren't good units, you could slap those affixes on any other 10* unit and it would probably be better