PDA

View Full Version : How much longer do you think this game

Meta77
Jan 20, 2015, 09:31 PM
Will run or be popular before pso3? Reason I am asking is i am trying to keep up with the story and wondering how deep in it is. I always base the mmo games by the story. the closer to the end the closer to a new game. What do you think? or will they keep expanding this for years to come?

The Walrus
Jan 20, 2015, 09:33 PM
well they said they wanted to keep it around for 10 years

I don't see that happening, but that was what they said

strikerhunter
Jan 20, 2015, 09:38 PM
I swear I saw a thread similar to this about a week or 2 ago.

But what Derpington said. So yea.

Anduril
Jan 20, 2015, 09:39 PM
Realistically, based on how they are structuring the story, I imagine we will get a couple more years at least; not the full ten they purport, but reasonable considering.

Kion
Jan 20, 2015, 09:45 PM
Realistically, based on how they are structuring the story, I imagine we will get a couple more years at least; not the full ten they purport, but reasonable considering.

Pso2 has a story?

FacelessRed
Jan 20, 2015, 10:00 PM
It can last, but they will need to break up the formula quite a bit and put more non-combat stuff in, and better rpg elements. A lot of potential with how they can implement entirely new systems into a game. But it's painfully clear they are also a bit short sighted. Look at the way mags turned out.

PSO had a far more in depth mag system. There were opportunities to develop that as a sort of pet-raising and trading system but totally didn't.

I still feel the hub approach is getting old and can be expanded upon greatly.

Better interactivity/quality of life can be rolled out. Autowords and such are nice (for people who aren't boring as hell, and are just lifeless, staring and silent 10 year old girls) But i'd like to see more talking animations and such from typing to people.

User interface skinning would be nice too. (AND UI CUSTOMIZATION. get that Etrial crap out of the CENTRE OF MY SCREEN)

And last but not least user-side only mod support (Nothing game changing) But it would be nice for min-maxers (I don't really care so much) to be able to calculate their damage and performance automatically. You're going to get people who do this already without the mods, so it's not a huge deal, just nice. All the above may kick a year or two of life into the game in my opinion.

EvilMag
Jan 20, 2015, 10:02 PM
With how much horseshit the dripfeeding has been lately, it ain't lasting 10 years. At most I'll give it 3-4 years.

yoshiblue
Jan 20, 2015, 10:05 PM
well they said they wanted to keep it around for 10 years

I don't see that happening, but that was what they said

First few years will have story stuff.

Last few years will have side stories, omakes and what if episodes. :cowsleep:

Noblewine
Jan 20, 2015, 10:05 PM
Forever......For-ever!
The true ending to pso2 is you never quit the game it quits you.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 20, 2015, 11:02 PM
With how much horseshit the dripfeeding has been lately, it ain't lasting 10 years. At most I'll give it 3-4 years.

Considering PSU did the same shit in way worse fashion and lasted 6 years like SEGA said it would stay up I'm pretty sure PSO2 can last 10 or more.

Royale-P
Jan 20, 2015, 11:46 PM
If they want to keep this game going they need to update the meta of photon arts. From what it seems they intended for you to string combos together, but from all the gameplay videos and advice I see rarely is that ever good unless its twin daggers. They should try to make some type of skill tree thing or maybe even a bonus to chaining skills/using different ones. That little thing will keep me going a lot longer since exploring combos is a big part of some action oriented games like this game.
Another thing that would help is rotating the good exp/rewards map more often. From what I hear you play the limited quest maps until you hate it which is a horrible setup. I would say cut it down to every other maint. or some more variety. Shironia was a super cool map to explore when I first got back in the game and now it is starting to get stale for me.

Flaoc
Jan 20, 2015, 11:54 PM
They should try to make some type of skill tree thing or maybe even a bonus to chaining skills/using different ones.

ahem... fighter tech arts nuff said

Shinamori
Jan 20, 2015, 11:56 PM
I'd give it 5 years.

strikerhunter
Jan 21, 2015, 12:31 AM
They should try to make some type of skill tree thing or maybe even a bonus to chaining skills/using different ones. That little thing will keep me going a lot longer since exploring combos is a big part of some action oriented games like this game.

And make it even more complicated with all the possible different combos that'll create exploits like Vol raptor+CTF.

IMO PSO2's major flaw in both PAs and class tree is that there are many useless PAs/Skills. More useful things available = more combo/build/setup/etc.

I'd give it 5 years.
I'd give it 2 more years (totaling the life span to 5 years at the 5th anniversary).

wefwq
Jan 21, 2015, 01:57 AM
With all content being "slowly" released, it seems that they starting to short on content ideas...

Within 2 years from now we'll only see maybe like new thing or two that actually new in-game while the rest being repeating old content over and over (EQ, TACO, DO).
Doesn't mean it'll make this game stopped being a great dress up simulator, though.

lostinseganet
Jan 21, 2015, 02:16 AM
3 years

Enforcer MKV
Jan 21, 2015, 02:23 AM
Well, for me personally...

Sitting at about -1~-2 months now. Feels good. :wacko:

[FFXIV is so fun..]

Dephinix
Jan 21, 2015, 02:54 AM
^ I almost laughed. Almost.

Kion
Jan 21, 2015, 06:56 AM
Didn't you work on the story patch or something? :wacko:

I translated a lot of in-game text. Calling it a story might be stretching the definition too far. :wacko:

Chrysheight
Jan 21, 2015, 09:30 AM
This game has story? I thought that's just what you guys called the patch so you could use Trans-Am. o.o Oh man, Aibou will not be pleased at this developme...

Ha. Aibou.

I give it 2 years tops. Maybe 1 unless they decide to... idk... ACTUALLY PUSH CONTENT OTHER THAN COSTUMES! But I doubt it.

Sega is over there collectively saying "All these squares make a circle"

DJcooltrainer
Jan 21, 2015, 09:36 AM
I dunno, I feel like lately there has been some pretty decent new content. We've got new areas, new story quests, new bosses, new equips, XH difficulty, UQ, etc. I feel like there's more new content in PSO2 than I've seen in other F2P games.

I think the game could last another 5+ years if they keep increasing the level cap and adding new areas. I'm sure there will be another race and probably a class or two released before the game is done, too.

Plus, as long as there's new waifu costumes for people to buy, people will be buying AC.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 21, 2015, 09:51 AM
I can see 2-3 years more, but definitely not the 10 SEGA wants. More than likely a new class, probably a Tech/Range hybrid. Doubtful on another race, as the obvious answer is beasts but I have no idea how they'd fit into PSO2's lore. Possibly one more planet, but we don't need more than that IMO (rather, we should expand on locations like the Darker's Den). And scratch content galore, that's a given.

Chrysheight
Jan 21, 2015, 09:59 AM
The thing I'm trying to point out is pretty much we've not really gotten anything we didn't already have. We occasionally get new areas, not saying they need to be in every update but Episode 2 only had 3 different areas. Sure, we got XH and UQ, but UQ is Forest only and XH isn't on everything apparently. Story Lore... Not many people, at least the ones I know, have played story. Hell, I'm on MB4 because I got bored with it.

Maybe I'm just upset at how much I hate Seabed and Quarry and want PSO EP2's stuff. Since we pretty much got PSO EP1's stuff.

isCasted
Jan 21, 2015, 10:15 AM
If PSO2 will be managed in the same way as it is nowadays, then interest to it may fade away in 2-3 years. If Suganuma-tier (or better, it'd better be better) miracle happens and this game gets actual solo/party (or even MPA) challenge->reward non-EQ content, Gunner becomes playable and costume designs will stop getting ruined by random stuff, then it will be a reason to come back for tens/hundreds of thousands players to stick around for another year or two.

To last 10 years PSO2 needs much more. I am still convinced that trying to fix PSO2's design flaws will only reveal more flaws. Ideally, there needs to be a new game, that is inspired by PSO2, but makes its most noticable flaws impossible/insignificant by design. But, knowing SEGA, next major PS game will most probably ditch a lot of concepts for no reason, drop all experience from the past and start doing same mistakes all over.

Digital Pain
Jan 21, 2015, 10:50 AM
I reckon PSO 2 has another 3 years worth of drip feed, then Sega will probably announce a new PSO title or PSU 2 or something lol. More importantly what do we think the final level cap will be! lvl 100?, 150? I can't see the game going up to 200 like PSO 1.

Chrysheight
Jan 21, 2015, 11:11 AM
90 Because Sega is a tease.

Macman
Jan 21, 2015, 04:12 PM
Game's designed around a level 100 cap, but I'll be surprised if we get past 90 at the rate things are going.