PDA

View Full Version : Official NPC/boss enemy popularity poll 2015 (Winners announced)

Kayarine
Jan 21, 2015, 12:52 AM
It's up at the official site:
http://pso2.jp/players/event/kyoutou2015/charavote/

- There are 3 categories: female, male and enemy (bosses).

- Winners are displayed in each tab. Katori, Huey and Dark Falz Loser won in each category.

- Items designed after each winner's themes will be made and added to the game at a later date.

strikerhunter
Jan 21, 2015, 01:06 AM
I want mizer cast parts, nuff said. Good-day-Good-bye.
Loli boy's blue suit too for a particular trolling loli cast.

Xaeris
Jan 21, 2015, 01:06 AM
I can't vote for rare bosses? This is BS, I want to vote for mai imouto, Noire Draal.

Punisher106
Jan 21, 2015, 01:21 AM
Female: Matoi. She is probably the character that will have the closest connection to the player character in Story Mode. You're her closest friend, and she looks up to you. Hell, you played a major role in her bit during MB17.

Male: Huey. He's a freaking smartass, and likes to fuck with everyone. But when things get serious, he becomes a real badass, and puts up one hell of a fight. MB16 made me really like him. Everyone's out for your blood, here's Huey, pretending to antagonize the player character, but laughs it off, and helps them.

Boss: Big Varder. A gigantic freaking warship. A huge variety of weapons that could annihilate a fleet of Tranmizers, if need be. You? All you got is that weapon in your hand, and you gotta take this sucker down. Luckily, you can break all of its guns and cannons. And I find it to be fun to get sucked into the main torso, and shot out front, like a human cannonball, especially if you ruined the laser turrets up front.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 21, 2015, 03:32 AM
I'm going to vote for org blan because no one will vote for org blan.

Huey is the real protag of PSO2.

Katori is going to win. Calling it now.

EvilMag
Jan 21, 2015, 03:37 AM
What if Elder won? Would we get Mace of Adaman 2?

yoshiblue
Jan 21, 2015, 03:45 AM
Mace of Adaman camos for everyone.

Kiyumi
Jan 21, 2015, 04:28 AM
No Alisu? Im disappointed.

Also no:
Dudu/Monica?
Hilda/Brigitta/Melitta/Henrietta?
Xiao there but not Xion?
What about the aircraft dude who always fails and has to repair? He makes me laugh.

I wish they had a separate voting for all of Xie's costumes.

I want to vote for Nyau for enemies...why cant we vote for Nyau...or Mr Umbla w
No Anga either? Diabo?

Anyways I guess Ill cast my first votes for:
Ulc because I feel like she wont get many votes, and Ive always liked her voice and the Theodore story. I havent even finished MB yet but I want to see what happens. Oh and she has the largest breasts.
I do plan to switch up my votes though, some for Lottie, Xie, Matoi etc.

I feel like Sukuna-hime will win by a landslide.

Light because I feel nobody will vote for h-...no who am I kidding? He's stupid. Probably Theodore because of aforementioned story. And hes voiced by Accelerator. (yes I know Klotho is too)

I think either Klotho or Kotoshiro will win here. A lot of these guy characters are boring, cmon SEGA give them some personality. Although I do give credit for making Xiao a boy, would have been waaaay too easy to do the "magical loli" thing with his character.

For enemies I choose Blu Ringada. His whole concept, design, and playstyle is so unique and well done. I feel like all his moves flow together and its just cool and challenging to fight him. Hes also not a sandbag boss like Biol Meduna, Banthers, Zeshrayda, and sadly Vibrace. Vibrace could be cool if he wasnt such a sandbag. Magatsu turned out to be a sandbag too.

Anyways yeah long post sorrynotsorry.

Poyonche
Jan 21, 2015, 06:48 AM
No Alisu? Im disappointed.

Also no:

Hilda/Brigitta/Melitta/Henrietta?

That

And for Xion it is because she is supposed to be dead.

Female character : Matoi and Katori (i'll switch between those 2), Katori is so funny and Matoi ... Matoi is Matoi.

Male Character : meh... I'll say Theodore, cuz' it is cool to fight him.

Boss : Vibrace, come on, thanks to him we have TD EQs oh and Banthers, it is fun to burn them lel

Rakurai
Jan 21, 2015, 06:57 AM
Most of those bosses already have weapons and/or units themed after them, so I hope we get something different like a mag, costume, or accessories.

I voted for Loser, personally.

Maenara
Jan 21, 2015, 07:34 AM
Blu Ringahda. He's one of the smallest bosses and can still kick an entire MPA's ass.

Fusionxglave
Jan 21, 2015, 08:35 AM
Blu Ringahda. He's one of the smallest bosses and can still kick an entire MPA's ass.

Yeah I like Blu Ringahda too. Even when I first meant him on Normal He still fights like a Freaken strategist and uses all of his attacks pretty well.

He does get frustrating sometimes but it is kind of worth fighting him and being able to take down this boss.

for Female players Matoi and Katoi might win
But I still Like Io because she can be clever sometimes.

For Males I pretty much like Xion and Theodore because I can't say no to cuteness easily and Theodore was a pretty evil developed character; kinda like his new outfit too.

yoshiblue
Jan 21, 2015, 08:40 AM
Trying to figure out how Vardha will become a weapon? Would be funny if he was turned into knuckles. I can see launcher as will with three aesthetic rockets.

Maenara
Jan 21, 2015, 09:10 AM
Trying to figure out how Vardha will become a weapon? Would be funny if he was turned into knuckles. I can see launcher as will with three aesthetic rockets.

Launcher based on the four giant laser cannons out front.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 21, 2015, 09:45 AM
Female: Katori, she's so dang cute.

Male: Zeno, we already have his outfit but I'd like some weapon stuff to go with that.

Enemy: Tranmizer, because it's the closest thing to a Metal Gear on the list.

strikerhunter
Jan 21, 2015, 09:54 AM
What if Elder won? Would we get Mace of Adaman 2?

Nah more like Magical Pieces but camos only to mock us. Actually make that all of his crazy drops into camos :D

Neith
Jan 21, 2015, 09:56 AM
Female: Katori (was either her, Io or Azanami. Io won last time and I probably prefer Katori to Azanami)
Male: Huey (there is no contest as far as I'm concerned)
Boss: Dark Falz Luther (although shame Falz Angel isn't an option)

Cyber Meteor
Jan 21, 2015, 12:41 PM
Female : Katori (she reminds me of Welch Venyard from Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope in a way, which was also my favorite NPC in this game^^)
Male : Huey, a pretty funny guy
Boss : voted Dragon Ex/Noire Draal (it's mainly the voice, it really gives you the willing to fight). But i would put Loser at the same rank.

oratank
Jan 21, 2015, 12:48 PM
nothing gonna stop sukuna right now but i still want lisa to get her own stuff
male? where is uncle joseph?

Sacrificial
Jan 21, 2015, 12:53 PM
Xie/Huey/Mizer

to bad Cougar doesn't count.

Anduril
Jan 21, 2015, 01:30 PM
My constant votes are going to be Patty, Huey, Loser.

Stormwalker
Jan 21, 2015, 02:49 PM
Female: Matoi. Her Episode 2 story line took her from someone who was just kinda there to one of my favorite characters in the game. Though if she was there as an option, I'd take Xion for making Luther look like the ass he is on her way out, and laughing at him as she tells him how the future is only fun when you can't predict it!. I loved that.

Male: Jumping on the Huey bandwagon. When he called out old man Regius on the mothership: "No, don't say it, because if you do, I'll kill you." that was all it took to cement his place as a favorite.

Boss: Loser's name describes him well. Good fight, but... not so impressive villain. Is Persona on the list? I haven't voted yet, but the end of Ep. II makes tha one much more interesting...

Gardios
Jan 21, 2015, 03:08 PM
Considering they will design items after them...

Echo: I love her design in pretty much every episode. I'm sure they can come up with a cool sword or rod design based on Raid Sfida or Magia Savior so she gets my vote. That she's my favourite female NPC is a bonus.

Kotoshiro: Getting a camo that fits his outfit would be amazing. I'd vote Huey, but I don't use knuckles so... Sorry Huey. ;_;
I can see Kotoshiro winning though simply because he's voiced by Sugita.

Bal Rodos: Tough one. I like the design of many of them (DFL, Ringahda, Quartz, Ex, Chrome, Rodos, Mizer, Meduna, Cassadora) so I just picked one randomly...

Perfect Chaos
Jan 21, 2015, 03:36 PM
I pretty much like everything about Echo. Her design, her personality, and Hikasa Youko's heavenly voice. LOL Although the same applies to Sukuna-hike, so I'll alternate between them, and then focus on the one of the two that is higher once the midterm results come.
Also voting for Kotoshiro, partially because Sugita (but he also looks cool). I like your taste, Gardios!
The bosses category is also hard for me, so I'm going to probably cycle through a few of them.

Achelousaurus
Jan 21, 2015, 03:52 PM
They get items themed after them so actually it's really stupid to go with whom you actually like best.
You should go with whom you think will get the best looking item (as looks are the only thing the items inherit from the character/boss).

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 21, 2015, 04:42 PM
They get items themed after them so actually it's really stupid to go with whom you actually like best.
You should go with whom you think will get the best looking item (as looks are the only thing the items inherit from the character/boss).

This guys. Exactly this.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 21, 2015, 06:00 PM
You should go with whom you think will get the best looking item

No reason these can't be the same thing. The weapons from the last poll were pretty lame anyway. Main reason to vote for them would be to get them new weapons now, barring the NPCs that don't fight, or are no longer functioning as ARKS members, like Gettemhult (why is he on the poll and not Jozsef anyway?). It'd be difficult to identify what would be done with characters that already have unique weapons, like Theodore or Claris, since they obviously can't be replaced.

Enemies haven't had a poll before so there's no way to identify what will be done with them based purely off past polls. Most enemies already have weapons and units themed after them. There's too many possibilities to say for sure whether one should vote for anything but what they like the most.

And since everyone seems to be sharing their votes, Theodore/Claris/Dark Falz Elder here.

Drifting Fable
Jan 21, 2015, 06:38 PM
Its almost criminal that none of the smaller yet more complex bosses made it in this poll. The kind of folks that are less of a Godzilla monster and more of a equally skilled warrior standing in your path. I would've voted Hunar but I guess Sega thought the final pinata form was sufficient . . .

Drat. .x.

yoshiblue
Jan 21, 2015, 08:30 PM
Needs more Bal Rodos

Perfect Chaos
Jan 21, 2015, 09:49 PM
No reason these can't be the same thing.This, exactly!
I did say that I also liked the design of the characters that I voted for. That includes their clothing, so if the weapon is based on their outfit, I'd be happy with that. It's it's just based on their class, then Echo being a Force helps (personally for me) with that, too.

Gettemhult (why is he on the poll and not Jozsef anyway?).Yeah, I'm surprised he's on the list yet Luther isn't. I'd vote for Luther over him, any day.

yoshiblue
Jan 21, 2015, 11:28 PM
Must be uber spoilers. :wacko:

Gettemhult never died and was touched by light. He will finish the story having a 1v1 duel and obtain Soul Caliber in the process.

Syklo
Jan 22, 2015, 12:00 AM
I'd vote for Quna (Combat), but I absolutely hate Quna (Idol), and I gotta vote for both in one entry!?!?! D:

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 22, 2015, 12:07 AM
I'd vote for Quna (Combat), but I absolutely hate Quna (Idol), and I gotta vote for both in one entry!?!?! D:

Quna would have taken my vote easy, but it is for those very reasons i didn't go with her and instead chose Katori.

bilun
Jan 22, 2015, 12:43 AM
vote Klotho for giving meseta and Boss voted to Magatsu for giving many-many xcubes :D

haven't decided vote for the girls yet :/

Walkure
Jan 22, 2015, 01:47 AM
Sole member of the Aki fanclub \o/

I think I voted for Saga yesterday (he's cool because he uses Jet Boots), Huey is awesome and he uses cool Knuckles so I voted for him today, I dunno who else to vote for (might do one for Afin because I chuckle from NPC impersonators spamming AIBOUUU during encore chants)

If I vote for GGG enough, he'll drop more of his units for me, right? Right? (sad that I can't vote for Bayaribbles, I actually enjoy when he crashes the party at Anga farming. Much better then Plesiorgles the shitmammoth.)

untrustful
Jan 22, 2015, 02:09 AM
Regius and Maria because cast master race

Dragon Ex because he are tough.

Hysteria1987
Jan 22, 2015, 03:44 AM
Vote 1 Ragne! He'd vote for you!

Also went with Xie because she's always been one of the more interesting looking characters, and Jean because his design's pretty unique amongst NPCs too.

Sanguine2009
Jan 22, 2015, 05:57 AM
i voted for sheena, she needs more love and we need more wands!
also voted for huey and ragnee-chan. huey really jumped up to top tier after episode two for me and ragnee-chan is the cutest boss barring noir.

Dnd
Jan 22, 2015, 06:51 AM
Voted for maria because shes actually pretty badass imo, huey because he uses WL and has amazing knuckles (and hes annoyingly funny), quartz dragon so i have hope of getting that chibi quartz magcell from the design contest ages ago ._.

Zanverse
Jan 22, 2015, 05:49 PM
Favorite Female? Matoi, hands down. She's cute, she's badass when she wants to be, and she's the only character with a strong connection with the player. She's like a little sister, but the less annoying kind. I'd love to see a Matoi-themed Wand or Rod.

Favorite Male? Theodore. Come on, he's pretty much amazing in Ep.II. Plus, I really wanna have his all-in-one Weapon that he uses in that episode!

Favorite Boss? MAGATSU, MAGATSU, MAGATSU. Amazing boss theme, a battle that really boosts your adrenaline, making you feel like you're in an Attack On Titan scene. I'd like to see a Magatsu Launcher that shoots out Face-Bombs, a Bow camo of the same design as that thing on his back (the thing that opens up when he's about to use his super-destroyer move) or a Twin Dagger/Dual Blade Magatsu camo. (Or Magatsu Units would also be nice (Or maybe even a costume???))

Frankincense
Jan 22, 2015, 06:25 PM
Hm... For ladies, perhaps... Ulc? She tries hard. I don't like most of the female characters. Or male characters. If just for the item design, probably Aki. Tiger Pierce yum.

For the gents, Chroto again hands down as favorite and for design. Those guns were ridiculous and I demand a do-over.

And bosses..?? Why is this category a thing?? Breu Ringarda is kind of fun, I guess. Design... ...None of them! I can't imagine anything designed after any of them that wouldn't look weird or dumb. We already have weapons and units of several of them...

Maenara
Jan 22, 2015, 06:42 PM
And bosses..?? Why is this category a thing?? Breu Ringarda is kind of fun, I guess. Design... ...None of them! I can't imagine anything designed after any of them that wouldn't look weird or dumb. We already have weapons and units of several of them...

It's not about design, it's about what boss you like the best. Jeez.

Anduril
Jan 22, 2015, 07:28 PM
Well, design can be a reason for why you like a boss or character the most.

Also, decided to start alternating Melrondia and Patty.

Frankincense
Jan 22, 2015, 10:00 PM

The designers will then create an item based on a theme for the character that wins the most votes in each election category.

The winning character in each category will have an item created based on a theme for that character.

I didn't see anything saying "except the boss category."

Some people don't like any characters/hate everything equally, so what would they vote based on other than design?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 22, 2015, 10:07 PM
Mae is saying what you should base your vote on is liking them, not that their design is irrelevant to the contest.

Really, people should vote for whatever they want to vote, other people's opinions be damned.

Maenara
Jan 22, 2015, 10:13 PM
I'm saying, don't reduce your choice to what gives you the prettiest looking item. People didn't vote Klotho last time for male NPC cause they thought that'd give them the prettiest twin machine gun, I mean.

Vote Vardha or Ringahda cause they're FUN to fight, not cause you think it'd be awesome to have Ringahda's partizans. There's a good chance they'll use this boss data for other purposes.

Frankincense
Jan 22, 2015, 10:20 PM
And we know more of what to expect now, so I'm sure there's plenty of people voting based on the item. It's dressup with gameplay, I'd be surprised if there weren't people voting just for the pretty item they imagine.
Not to mention the design of the character is also a pretty big factor in how likable they are in this kind of industry. Hell, if someone hates them all equally and design is all they're voting on, I guess that means they're voting based on favorite design in the end. So whatever, it's favorite SOMETHING.

This place. Jeezus.

Maenara
Jan 22, 2015, 10:23 PM
And we know more of what to expect now, so I'm sure there's plenty of people voting based on the item. It's dressup with gameplay, I'd be surprised if there weren't people voting just for the pretty item they imagine.
Not to mention the design of the character is also a pretty big factor in how likable they are in this kind of industry. Hell, if someone hates them all equally and design is all they're voting on, I guess that means they're voting based on favorite design in the end. So whatever, it's favorite SOMETHING.

This place. Jeezus.

But you're ruining the spirit of the poll! /faint

Anduril
Jan 22, 2015, 10:28 PM
But you're ruining the spirit of the poll! /faint
Again, if you don't have a true favorite based on anything but design, it is not against the "spirit" of the poll to vote exclusively based on that. Just because it doesn't mesh with your view of things doesn't mean it's an invalid way to go about this. "I like Tea because I think her design would make a good Talis" is a perfectly legitimate opinion.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 22, 2015, 10:57 PM
Again, if you don't have a true favorite based on anything but design, it is not against the "spirit" of the poll to vote exclusively based on that. Just because it doesn't mesh with your view of things doesn't mean it's an invalid way to go about this. "I like Tea because I think her design would make a good Talis" is a perfectly legitimate opinion.

You do realize Maenara is just yanking your chain at this point, right?

Anduril
Jan 22, 2015, 11:33 PM
You do realize Maenara is just yanking your chain at this point, right?
Based on what I've seen from Maenara, I always get the sense of "Guuuuys, you're not doing it right," from them. My response is just one addressed toward that mentality.

Keilyn
Jan 23, 2015, 12:26 PM
Favorites for me:

Female: Quna...

I had a rough upbringing and eventually learned music. However, Quna reminds me of something I said years ago, I said "Music is amazing....I can have the crowd on my side while being as close to or as far away from my enemies as possible. It gives me a special type of freedom very few people can enjoy"

I also love the transition between the character and costume design. Its one of the few characters I like all her costumes and designs.

Others I like are Katori (my voice for best looks), Echo and Matoi (they go through a lot)...and not to mention the super crazy Lisa who actually make me laugh with her lines.

Male Characters: None of them caught my interest...Sorry. Compared to other games the male characters here are too stereotypical for their own good.

Monsters:

I always loved the design of Ragne. I find Vibrace to be way too over the top. Fang Kitties would be unique if they didnt have a reskinned/colored Snow Kitties. Both having the same attacks and damage against the player...and same BS.....for the most part.

Of course Level 76 Fang Kitty = Queen Viera but the drop rate is Shit.

Of the Dragons....

Graphics? I like them all, even though Quartz is a favorite. Vol Dragon still remains the only boss that can triple/quadruple hit you and kill a player with 1500 - 2000 health. It happened to me once that I literally had to actually say "good job" for being killed by a boss. Dragon Ex is another I like. The Rare + Tainted Version of it literally killed 6 - 8 players at the same time in XH LQ. It was amazing that players actually started talking about how to win...

We literally had to destroy it PIECE BY PIECE which is how bosses should be destroyed in XH LQ to begin with....:)

I love the ultimate mode bosses for graphics and Anga for Resistances. About time there was resistances.

I didnt vote for bosses yet, though I do like how Vol Dragon is a super improvement from that poor dragon in PSO that was destroyed so easilly until Ultimate Mode. ;)

SilenWhisper
Jan 24, 2015, 02:29 AM
So from what I see ppl (still) like this
[SPOILER-BOX]3684[/SPOILER-BOX]
But don't like this
[SPOILER-BOX]3685[/SPOILER-BOX]
...I don't get you at all.

untrustful
Jan 24, 2015, 02:35 AM
Lisa is funny crazy, That guy is just crazy crazy.

Maenara
Jan 24, 2015, 08:56 AM
Based on what I've seen from Maenara, I always get the sense of "Guuuuys, you're not doing it right," from them. My response is just one addressed toward that mentality.

They will NEVER do it right.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jan 24, 2015, 09:14 AM
Male: Giving it to Huey this time. He's hamtastic.

Female: Voting for Lisa again.

Boss: Big Vardha. It's a freaking battleship.

Kiyumi
Jan 25, 2015, 04:50 PM
I feel I should change up my votes and give some to Lottie, because voice of Faris Nyan-nyan.

Video relevant:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIw7xk3q-g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIw7xk3q-g[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now that Im thinking about it, I also have to vote for Mayushii (Kana Hanazawa voice of Lisa) what do :-?

Kiyumi
Feb 4, 2015, 12:55 AM
A friendly reminder (bump) for you to remember to vote! Im guessing many have forgotten since this fell to page 3 :(

I ended up changing my boss vote to Chrome Dragon, because he brings back memories to when I was leveling as a noob, and I would spam that Coast LQ where Chrome spawns all the time. I feel like I know all of his attacks so well. Plus his fight is a blast, and his moves really are threatening. Also he is one of the few bosses in the game that can still OHKO kids with a few moves. Its refreshing to see people actually die in MPAs every once in a while, and this guy can get that done.

Kiyumi
Feb 4, 2015, 03:06 AM
Looks like I posted a few hours too early.

Results so far at the midway point

Males
1) Huey
2) Saga
3) Kotoshiro

Females
1) Katori
2) Matoi
3) Io

Bosses
1) DF Loser (Luther)
2) Quartz Dragon
3) Magatsu

Voting ends on the 18th.

Xaeris
Feb 4, 2015, 03:11 AM
The female vote is going exactly as I expected it would. Never cared about the enemy vote. But the male vote surprises me. Huey is #1, sure, that was expected. But Saga is #2? ...Why? I mean, I guess he's funny when he's dragging Katori off, but still. Maybe Huey leeched off all the fleshie votes and left them too weak to put up competition against the combined cast supremacy.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 4, 2015, 03:14 AM
But Saga is #2? ...Why?
He will give us rad Jet Boots

Edit: I wanted Gettemhart to win both contests.

Syklo
Feb 4, 2015, 06:48 AM
Can someone explain to me why katori is so popular?

and yay QD-chan~

LonelyGaruga
Feb 4, 2015, 12:38 PM
Saga is one of the best NPCs, how can anyone be surprised he's #2 right now? He's pretty popular for people to make clones of. He looks and sounds cool. He's pretty much the only class instructor that isn't quirky. He's an instructor for one of the most creative weapons in the game. He (probably) has a thing for Katori (who evidently is very popular). And almost all the males are terrible so his competition is pretty shallow. Jozsef didn't even get listed lol.

wefwq
Feb 4, 2015, 12:50 PM

and yay QD-chan~
Lots of her event tablet are 250% fun, also dem voice mang.

Syklo
Feb 4, 2015, 06:17 PM
Lots of her event tablet are 250% fun, also dem voice mang.
Yeah I like the bits when Saga drags her off.

But I don't even watch those event tabs unless it's for matter board. Even then I haven't been doing matterboards lol.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 4, 2015, 06:30 PM

and yay QD-chan~

Comic relief.

Gives the player some overdue recognition (I don't mean matoi's baby-bird-imprinting brand of recognition).

Her design isn't terrible like most characters (the latest face option is rather good for emulating anime style. Baby face is a sin)

VA does a great job.

May be a little silly, but I do appreciate seeing a non-cast female character of decent height too (she's just about the same height as my character at 170cm before costume, making her the tallest newearl since revelle).

Jaqlou Swig KING
Feb 4, 2015, 06:40 PM
I like Kotori myself because she's not just a character who's strictly an archetype and nothing more. Something way too many characters in this game, and many forms of media are guilty of to a sickening degree (Echo and Lisa as blatant examples). And yeah, dat emoting, dat voice.

Oh and man, I'm kind of happy to see Quartz is still well received. I guess no one can forget the laser rain spam of Day 1 Quartz and how fun it actually was at the time.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 4, 2015, 06:51 PM
I like Kotori myself because she's not just a character who's strictly an archetype and nothing more.

That was a sickening trend that made me hate most characters that had story involvement during episode 1. I had more of an interest in the characters habitually on the ship, wishing they'd do something with them, aka fleshing them out. Everything zeno, echo, and afin did/went through in episode one was predictable. I just have a general indifference with quna. Sarah turned into a fairly annoying tsundere. Matoi actually managed to lose points in my book with the 'as long as you're with me', and 'it's not like I'm learning technics to protect you or anything' lines... ugh. It's like the character profiles were literally nothing more than just a single article from tvtropes. Theo + Ulc was far more interesting.

It's not like it's exceedingly difficult to make a character more than just a trope. They did it with the FO girl from PSNova (I forget her name); she practices capoeira.

Sizustar
Feb 4, 2015, 06:59 PM
That was a sickening trend that made me hate most characters that had story involvement during episode 1. I had more of an interest in the characters habitually on the ship, wishing they'd do something with them, aka fleshing them out. Everything zeno, echo, and afin did/went through in episode one was predictable. I just have a general indifference with quna. Sarah turned into a fairly annoying tsundere. Matoi actually managed to lose points in my book with the 'as long as you're with me', and 'it's not like I'm learning technics to protect you or anything' lines... ugh. It's like the character profiles were literally nothing more than just a single article from tvtropes. Theo + Ulc was far more interesting.

It's not like it's exceedingly difficult to make a character more than just a trope. They did it with the FO girl from PSNova (I forget her name); she practices capoeira.

Nova is Tri-Ace, not PSO team

Dycize
Feb 4, 2015, 07:32 PM
Personally I'm more surprised at Sukunahime only being 6th. I found her to be fairly enjoyable in the story.
But I guess there's no beating the Quna/Lisa/Io elephants...
Matoi is... Well she could easily be worse. Her recent development did get kinda... Eh. The episode 2 finale had her at her best imo (gee I wonder why).

Katori and Saga have such fun interactions. Patty & Tia have a pretty obvious tsukomi routine as far as funny duos go, but Katori and Saga really take the cake.
And yes, they are pretty well designed, which is always a plus!

I'm glad for Huey as #1. He's always been my vote. That dude just chews the scenery whenever he opens his mouth, he's so over the top. And his actual serious scenes are quite good too! (see here : end of Ep2 and his part in Ep3)

As for random thoughts on others...
-Sad to see poor Melfonseana so low. She almost got forgotten, eventually got her own chapter EX and... That's it? Really? At least they -tried- to give development to Echo. So much for being the aid to the galaxy-wide-threat-formerly-known-as-Gettermhult.
-Speaking of Gettemhult. 7th place really? I know there's not many male chars to choose from but... Come on, he's even above Theodore who had a much more interesting character story (like, actually having one). But then again 6th is Zeno who... Does get some pretty cool scenes actually (looking at you again, episode 2).

In hindsight, it really shows that Episode 1 was the weakest of the 3. Its finale even got topped by episode 2's. Doubt episode 3 will manage to go further but eh...
Guess at least, the characters are one thing that improved over time in PSO2.