PDA

View Full Version : Can't download the english patch?

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 21, 2015, 04:06 PM
Is anyone else able to download the english patch?

Whenever I try to download it, I get an error.

Chigun
Jan 21, 2015, 04:33 PM
As I said in the tech support thread, having the same issue. In fact tweaker has been dying little by little on me for no apparent reason (never changed its location or did anything to it).

Nowadays I can't use the updater without the program dying and requiring a reinstall. Every single time. Also the EN patch is claiming I have an illegal file path even though everything is the same as it's always been. No help on this forum, seems.

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 21, 2015, 05:38 PM
I don't use the tweaker. I still update my game with the "old fashion" way. This I do this because it's my prefered method. However, when I went to the site that can't be mention here it seems like the download link for the actual patch is broken.

Fusionxglave
Jan 21, 2015, 08:02 PM
really recommended the tweaker saves time and a lot of frustration.

Plus gets regular updates for new content and translations

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 21, 2015, 08:06 PM
english patch is dead
they didnt feed it

rip

really recommended the tweaker saves time and a lot of frustration.
whats there to be frustrated over

Anduril
Jan 21, 2015, 08:10 PM
english patch is dead
they didnt feed it

rip

I assume they mean relating to back-ups, especially if using the Story Patch, and the item patch that is only usable via the tweaker.

Fusionxglave
Jan 21, 2015, 08:33 PM

I see what you did there.

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 21, 2015, 10:30 PM
I don't really care for the english item names nor the story patch. This is also the very first time in 2 years that I came across a problem doing it manually. But it's not even a problem on my end.

There's nothing hard about downloading a rar file and extracting it to my pso2 data folder done it for years now lol.

Shady3011
Jan 21, 2015, 11:25 PM
You'll have to wait for the patch team to fix it on their end if you want to keep doing it manually.