PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Did I miss something in the story?

HopelessHero
Jan 22, 2015, 08:13 PM
Okay, so uh.
I finished all of the Ep. 1 Matter Boards, including MB11, but for some reason, more often than not in recent cutscenes everyone's mentioning a certain battle (the events of the battle against Dark Falz Elder) and all of the characters have some comment to make about it, but I never experienced a battle even remotely like that except for Gettemhunar. I've done every story quest's branches except for the be-antisocial-and-don't-let-anyone-join paths in Beginning of the End, and one of the paths of The First Goodbye; however, it would have to be a serious, serious derailment if the aforementioned battle took place on one of the alternate paths of just those missions. You'd think it'd get a mission of its own.
Was there a timeskip and the battle happened offscreen or something, or is this just assuming that whenever Falz Elder attacks the Arks fleet in his Emergency Quest, that's just the event they're referring to and all the story stuff just sorta... happens during?
Or could it be possible that it really did happen in an alternate path of one of those missions? I'd rather bug you guys about it before I'm forced to make an effort to find out myself. :D

Anduril
Jan 22, 2015, 08:20 PM
Okay, so uh.
I finished all of the Ep. 1 Matter Boards, including MB11, but for some reason, more often than not in recent cutscenes everyone's mentioning a certain battle (the events of the battle against Dark Falz Elder) and all of the characters have some comment to make about it, but I never experienced a battle even remotely like that except for Gettemhunar. I've done every story quest's branches except for the be-antisocial-and-don't-let-anyone-join paths in Beginning of the End, and one of the paths of The First Goodbye; however, it would have to be a serious, serious derailment if the aforementioned battle took place on one of the alternate paths of just those missions. You'd think it'd get a mission of its own.
Was there a timeskip and the battle happened offscreen or something, or is this just assuming that whenever Falz Elder attacks the Arks fleet in his Emergency Quest, that's just the event they're referring to and all the story stuff just sorta... happens during?
Or could it be possible that it really did happen in an alternate path of one of those missions? I'd rather bug you guys about it before I'm forced to make an effort to find out myself. :D
It's the Falz EQ they are referring to; the EQ was initially released shortly after Beginning of the End. Now that you are up to that point, there will be a Story Tablet that serves as a slight continuation after the Elder battle. You'll eventually face the same thing once you get to Falz Loser's debut in the story.

HopelessHero
Jan 22, 2015, 08:49 PM
It's the Falz EQ they are referring to; the EQ was initially released shortly after Beginning of the End. Now that you are up to that point, there will be a Story Tablet that serves as a slight continuation after the Elder battle. You'll eventually face the same thing once you get to Falz Loser's debut in the story.

Ah. Kinda disappointing, but I guess it makes sense now that I think about it. Would be kinda silly to make a story quest wherein the fight against him is always available. Would defeat the purpose of the EQ.

Thank you kindly.

landman
Jan 23, 2015, 04:19 AM
And you are not supposed to be able to deal with a planet sized enemy that's destroying ark's ships just by yourself... the hands phase make him shrink, he is supposedly sending thousands of them from his body and all of them are intercepted by different arks.

saraishadow
Jan 23, 2015, 08:10 AM
You may not see the Luther one for a while, he's a big fraidy bird as of late