PDA

View Full Version : Magatsu drop nerf on the 28th

Aine
Jan 23, 2015, 05:03 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=5218

They're explaining this one away as a 'mistake' in the drop rate settings. They're nerfing the drops on the 28th to prevent Magatsu affecting the economy and game balance in the long term.

- Rarity 10 and above items will no longer drop in Normal and Hard
- Rarity 10 and 11 drop rates will be reduced in Very Hard
- Rarity 12 items and Shiva stone drop rates will be buffed in Extra Hard

Anything else will remain unchanged, which means it should still be possible to get 200+ cubes if you have a group that can do fast SH runs.

Dephinix
Jan 23, 2015, 05:07 AM
A drop table that makes more sense, awesome!

Poyonche
Jan 23, 2015, 05:09 AM
Sweet !!

Terrence
Jan 23, 2015, 05:31 AM
Yeah good news. Nice future drop table indeed ! :yes:
(But I think dead weights will still find something to say...)

TaigaUC
Jan 23, 2015, 05:48 AM
Such an epic boss that they needed to tweak his drop table multiple times.
Not to mention nerf long-implemented game mechanics.

Xaeris
Jan 23, 2015, 05:50 AM
Seems fair to me. Honestly, I wouldn't have shed that many tears if SH had gotten bopped with the nerf bat along with VH. By any reasonable design, doing XH should always yield the greatest benefit to a player; it's baffling to me how we all just kind of accepted that SH and VH ended up being more lucrative. At least now it's SH.

Selphea
Jan 23, 2015, 05:52 AM
Hmm nothing on units. Guess SH is still best for that.

Dnd
Jan 23, 2015, 06:10 AM
Anything else will remain unchanged, which means it should still be possible to get 200+ cubes if you have a group that can do fast SH runs.

SH will be indirectly nerfed if normal ~ VH tables get nerfed because iirc the game can pull drops from those tables for super hard/extra hard magatsu?

Also lol @ extra hard being buffed /again/. i guess they really want people to run 2 instead of 6~7 SH runs huh

Aine
Jan 23, 2015, 06:12 AM
SH will be indirectly nerfed if normal ~ VH tables get nerfed because iirc the game can pull drops from those tables for super hard/extra hard magatsu?

Also lol @ extra hard being buffed /again/. i guess they really want people to run 2 instead of 6~7 SH runs huh

That's possible, although spaldion still drops in XH so I don't even know how the drop tables work anymore

wefwq
Jan 23, 2015, 06:24 AM
Even with *12 being buffed, small rates still mean shit.
I prefer showering on cubes any day.

Aine
Jan 23, 2015, 06:40 AM
That's possible, although spaldion still drops in XH so I don't even know how the drop tables work anymore

Scratch that, supposedly the tables are in 5 level increments so a change in VH shouldn't affect SH.

Z-0
Jan 23, 2015, 07:08 AM
For SH, what setup do you believe would be fastest? GuBr, RaBr or GuRa stack? I'm gonna do VH until they actually nerf it, naturally, but need to know what I need to tell people to level.

I know that the RaBr stack can kill it in a minute on SH still, but that seems rather slow.

Fusionxglave
Jan 23, 2015, 08:27 AM
Wow a nerfed that actually makes senses

this was a good decision

Now to get the new 12 star weapons

Rayden
Jan 23, 2015, 08:32 AM
Did I miss something? People were doing Magatsu below EH intentionally? Why?

TaigaUC
Jan 23, 2015, 08:34 AM

Because you get hundreds of EXPcubes on VH/SH.
Even if you do him on XH, the chance of anything special (eg. units) dropping is so ridiculously low there wasn't much point.

Besides, I'm sure everyone expected them to nerf the drops.
I know I wanted to take advantage of it before they "fixed" it.

wefwq
Jan 23, 2015, 08:45 AM
inb4 everyone gets banned for playing on unappropriate difficulty level.

TaigaUC
Jan 23, 2015, 08:45 AM
inb4 everyone gets banned for playing on unappropriate difficulty level.

I can totally see this happening.

Z-0
Jan 23, 2015, 08:57 AM
There's no point playing Extra Hard for any EQ where speed matters, as you will always get rewarded far more in Super Hard.

Also, XH is boring. 3x HP is not my idea of a challenge, nor is it fun.

EvilMag
Jan 23, 2015, 09:13 AM
Sorry but 12*s need a serious buff if they really want me to play it. To the point to where anyone could find it without running any boosters. since 13*s exist and are much easier to find and grind, they might as well make 12*s stupid easy to find to compensate that they are a complete bitch to grind.

Xaelouse
Jan 23, 2015, 09:58 AM
Christmas EQ tier 12* droprates and I'm sold.
It was extremely strange how the +1 grind protects and photon spheres were still keeping their 30-60k prices while people got massive flow of cubes coming in. Would had caused some inflation.

EvilMag
Jan 23, 2015, 10:00 AM
Probably because everyone spent those cubes on 250% tickets and 30% affix boosters. Who knows.

Also grinding sucks ass so +1s are always gonna be in demand.

Aine
Jan 23, 2015, 11:30 AM
For SH, what setup do you believe would be fastest? GuBr, RaBr or GuRa stack? I'm gonna do VH until they actually nerf it, naturally, but need to know what I need to tell people to level.

I know that the RaBr stack can kill it in a minute on SH still, but that seems rather slow.

I prefer knee→knee→folded arms→stomach face→stomach(red)→stomach(black) as opposed to knee→head WB, which rules out RaBr stack. With stomach WB honestly anyone can contribute so as long as you have one Techer(Shifta Strike + Zanverse), two WB users, and at least four or five gunners you have some leeway with the composition.

Theoretically GuBr should do more damage, but GuRa can fill the WB role as well and Twice Chain works on other players chains so if you stack them in the same party you can build up chain much faster (as long as you don't get confused with multiple chains on the screen at once). GuBr also need to be separated into different parties and paired up with Bouncers since they have trouble building chain on their own.

Punisher106
Jan 23, 2015, 12:01 PM
...It's almost like Sega doesn't want me to have my S&Y.

Saagonsa
Jan 23, 2015, 12:06 PM
...It's almost like Sega doesn't want me to have my S&Y.

They're buffing 12* droprates on XH, so it should be easier to get now

Vintasticvin
Jan 23, 2015, 12:59 PM
Hm, so that explains why I got some awesome unusable rares when I ran Normal/Hard Magatsu onetime.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 23, 2015, 01:43 PM
- Rarity 10 and above items will no longer drop in Normal and Hard
- Rarity 10 and 11 drop rates will be reduced in Very Hard
- Rarity 12 items and Shiva stone drop rates will be buffed in Extra Hard

So there's nothing positive about this update except for a buffed drop rate for 12*s that are pretty much junk (besides S&Y I guess? 13*s are still better) and stones that are traded in for trash weapons? Wow. Not even a buffed drop rate for ~11*s.

At least SH is untouched, but Sega seems to have messed everything up with Magatsu. Far as I know he's been dropping 10*s in N/H from the beginning. Not buying that it's an "oversight". Really seems like that's Sega's go to terminology for things that they intended that didn't work out the way they wanted. If the goal is to get XH to be more rewarding, they should really just buff XH's drop rates in general. But instead it gets buffs for the least relevant reasons to run XH. Nice.

Dnd
Jan 23, 2015, 02:10 PM
Probably because everyone spent those cubes on 250% tickets and 30% affix boosters. Who knows.

Also grinding sucks ass so +1s are always gonna be in demand.

10% grind boosters have dropped pretty harshly

Z-0
Jan 23, 2015, 02:11 PM
10% grind boosters are nothing to do with FUN.

Because of Magatsu I actually sold about 2,000 risk +1s for 30K. I put them all up at once because I felt like crashing the market, they all sold in a few hours, so demand for them is pretty high.

Sizustar
Jan 23, 2015, 02:30 PM
10% grind boosters are nothing to do with FUN.

Because of Magatsu I actually sold about 2,000 risk +1s for 30K. I put them all up at once because I felt like crashing the market, they all sold in a few hours, so demand for them is pretty high.

People probabely stockpiling them for the DUDU buff from the web panel.

Punisher106
Jan 23, 2015, 03:16 PM
They're buffing 12* droprates on XH, so it should be easier to get now

Except all I have as a level 70 class is FI, and that's gotten crazy boring.

n_n
Jan 23, 2015, 03:30 PM
Guess you gotta level up then!

Punisher106
Jan 23, 2015, 03:32 PM
Except 5x and 6x are excruciatingly tedious to do so, for god-knows-why.

n_n
Jan 23, 2015, 03:33 PM
Play AQs, don't just AFK until EQs.

I went 64->72 in ~5hrs from AQ alone. It's not hard.

Punisher106
Jan 23, 2015, 04:52 PM
Christ almighty. I need to get friends together for things like that. Also, I've really been hammering at the LQ, lately.

Dnd
Jan 23, 2015, 04:55 PM
10% grind boosters are nothing to do with FUN

Apart from the fact you can buy them with 2.5k fun points, sure, nothing to do with fun.

Z-0
Jan 23, 2015, 04:58 PM
Never realised they added those to the FUN shop. . w. When did that happen?

Dnd
Jan 23, 2015, 04:59 PM
I dont actually remember, but i saw them in there one day and didn't think anything of it until the price doubled come boost week

Walkure
Jan 23, 2015, 05:33 PM
Holy shit, there's a FUN shop item that isn't at ripoff prices?

LoN_Lina
Jan 23, 2015, 07:19 PM
Wait he drops rares all I ever get are crappy disc

Shinamori
Jan 23, 2015, 09:36 PM
Speaking of Shiva stones, are there any shiva stone weapons worth getting?

Rakurai
Jan 23, 2015, 10:04 PM
There's only a wand and jet boots available, and both reduce dark tech charge time as their latent (Which also happens to exclude the one tech that would've really benefited from it; that is, Na Megid).

The jet boots might be nice if you still need an all-class boots to use for getting around, but that's pretty much it.

Saagonsa
Jan 23, 2015, 10:23 PM
There are actually upgrades available for all of the weapons in that line. Though I don't think any of them are particularly good.

wefwq
Jan 23, 2015, 11:15 PM
Those upgrade weapons are pretty shitty.

Achelousaurus
Jan 25, 2015, 01:07 PM
Sorry but 12*s need a serious buff if they really want me to play it. To the point to where anyone could find it without running any boosters. since 13*s exist and are much easier to find and grind, they might as well make 12*s stupid easy to find to compensate that they are a complete bitch to grind.
The real buff 12* needs is better grinding rates.

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2015, 09:49 AM
I get the impression that 12 stars are basically for people who have assloads of meseta from selling scratch stuff.
It's probably designed that way on purpose. They want 12 stars to drain all your cash.

Walkure
Jan 26, 2015, 10:08 AM
Since 13*s give soulbound, and 12*s do not, I can only presume that the point behind 12*s being more expensive to grind and whatnot is that they will eventually become sellable.

Agastya
Jan 26, 2015, 10:26 AM
- Rarity 12 items and Shiva stone drop rates will be buffed in Extra Hardgreat so when is this happening with elder to make up for the fact you can only fight them once per character

quite frankly i am tired of spending 18 cubes per elder just because i want a weapon that's already been outclassed

Maenara
Jan 26, 2015, 11:36 AM
Since 13*s give soulbound, and 12*s do not, I can only presume that the point behind 12*s being more expensive to grind and whatnot is that they will eventually become sellable.

In 6 months, yes. They'll act like it's a huge feature too! Like it hasn't been in the game since 10* trading was and it took massive amounts of coding to make it work!

n_n
Jan 26, 2015, 11:55 AM
The real buff 12* needs is better grinding rates.
And stats... 10~11*s are better than most of them. Really not worth it.