PDA

View Full Version : What would you do differently?

Grady219
Jan 24, 2015, 09:35 PM
There are a lot of things in PSO2 that could clearly have been done a lot differently and would have made the game much different. What are your thoughts on that?

Me personally I would have like to see classes have a lot more distinction between playstyles. I mean sure they all use different types of weapons but I would like to see more effort put into that. It gives little variation to what each class does considering most classes follow the same cookie cutter formula. Put up stance, spam photon art/tech, and use basic attack to refill pp.
For example, Ranger could have a lot more traps to work with. It didn't even retain all of its old traps from PSO1. I liked the way the traps were changed from their original god awful way but they're still not up to par later game.
Hunter could be the class that used a plethora of weapons because that's what it's all about. It's designed to be a jack of all trades class, skilled in all but master of none. And this class should honestly have been the only one to use stances.
Force is designed perfectly to fit in this. It uses its own set of techs and the 2 weapons it uses give it great adaptability.

I don't really count the other two classes because they were designed to be hybrids of already existing classes.

HopelessHero
Jan 24, 2015, 10:42 PM
I would've given more love to Launcher in the Ranger skill tree. Hell, in general.

I've actually been waiting to unleash this idea for a while, but it seems dumb to make a whole thread just for it: I was thinking of revamping the Launcher by adding a gear gauge to it (i know, i know, but bear with me) that rises based on how many enemies you hit with the explosions, and the higher it rises, the faster the fire speed and larger the explosive radius.
Also batted around the idea of a skill for Launcher called Siege Mode, where it's a toggleable skill that plants your character's feet, increases defense hugely, protects against hitstun and blowback, increases fire damage and speed, increases projectile speed and removes the rechamber animation after the third shot.

Also a sprint mechanic for everyone. That'd be peachy.

Maenara
Jan 24, 2015, 10:49 PM
I'd make critical hits not completely suck for everything except Fighter class combos using specific weapons.
I'd make DEX not a worthless stat to everything except subpar niche builds.
I'd make crafting always improve a given item.

Kiyumi
Jan 24, 2015, 10:57 PM
Me personally I would have like to see classes have a lot more distinction between playstyles. I mean sure they all use different types of weapons but I would like to see more effort put into that. It gives little variation to what each class does considering most classes follow the same cookie cutter formula. Put up stance, spam photon art/tech, and use basic attack to refill pp.

This sounds a lot like complaining for the sake of complaining. If anything, PSO2 has the most variety pertaining to weapons in any MMO Ive ever seen. What is great about this game is how you can switch weapons at any time to adapt to the situation.

Need AOE? Pull out your dual blades.
Boss knocked down? Holding Current.
Weak points out of reach? Bring out twin daggers and fly all over the place.
etc etc. Every weapon itself has different PAs that are useful for different situations.

Cookie cutter formula? Okay Ill describe every MMO in history. Level up, get better gear, kill stuff. See how stupid that sounds? Thats what you are doing.

Radical Dreamer
Jan 24, 2015, 11:04 PM
I already suggested that they give us a Twin Dagger skill that lets you move around while you're using your shift action, but they actually gave that to us just recently. I like being right.

It'd sure be nice to have SOME type of skill for Gunslashes, though. I know it's an all-class weapon and all, but c'mon.

HopelessHero
Jan 24, 2015, 11:09 PM
It'd sure be nice to have SOME type of skill for Gunslashes, though. I know it's an all-class weapon and all, but c'mon.

This, all over. No skill trees give any love to Gunslashes.

Maenara
Jan 24, 2015, 11:15 PM
Just give every single class a Gunslash Gear skill with unique effects per class, and make every one main-class only to prevent using two simultaneously.

GoldenFalcon
Jan 24, 2015, 11:16 PM
This, all over. No skill trees give any love to Gunslashes.

Really? Ranger and Gunner do it pretty well

Maenara
Jan 24, 2015, 11:17 PM

Gunslash is the least fleshed out weapon type in the game, in terms of skills. Talis follows with a close second, with only one skill affecting it.

Radical Dreamer
Jan 24, 2015, 11:21 PM

For the gun portion, I guess. But what about the slash?

Maenara
Jan 24, 2015, 11:22 PM
For the gun portion, I guess. But what about the slash?

I wouldn't talk about that. Implying that gunslashes have a melee part will get you branded a heretic by the cult of Addition Bullet.

yoshiblue
Jan 24, 2015, 11:26 PM
Would turn guard stance into counter stance. Basically the same thing it is now but the counter is effected by attack type, your power comes from def stats. Massive damage for people who want to play like Wobbuffet or Exdeath. Use the gears for extra range.

Would give the gunslash an active ability that allows it to do both damage types at once for melee attacks. So like wand gear but for non-tech doods. Alternatively, you could give it a costly branching path that adds T-atk to the mix.

strikerhunter
Jan 24, 2015, 11:54 PM
Since the usual suggestion stuffs are normally classes/player base changes/fix. For me what makes the game trival and boring after sometimes is the mobs and bosses. (Ult bosses are excluded, they're only fault is poor spawn (except anga/diablo) and being tied to one mission only).

-Nerf mob damages by 50% and increase mob density. (all mobs including Ult)
-Increase mid-boss spawn rate (inlcuding Ult bears and mal)
-Nerf boss damage (non-EQs) by 25% (all moves being almost 1-4 HKO makes having different moves near pointless, might as well just do Quartz Rain on all bosses) (Diablo and Anga are the exception)
-Give non-EQ bosses unique mechanics or add something to there fight. Ex: Quartz bombing run, Vadhra summoing mizer/Soma, Rockbear buffing up his defense sky high, etc.
-Give bosses more moves. Each boss have less than 8 movesets.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 12:00 AM
Make all damage multipliers additive instead of compounding, with a few rare exceptions, such as Chain Trigger, Critical Strike, and Guard Stance Advance.

Xaelouse
Jan 25, 2015, 12:02 AM
Put a gunslash gear on HU. Alternatively, make the next gunslash PA give a special boost like sacrifice bite does. Fix Kreisenschlag
Give HU more PP recovery skills
Fix BO's Elemental PP restorate skill to work with dual blade shift, and make the skill percentage based like attack pp restorate.
Add a new skill to BO that directly boosts the power of zanverse from 20% to 50% and perhaps reduces charge time. Make it not main class only.
Boost Elemental Stance by like 5%.
Make Dual Blade's mirage step keep them afloat in the air so they can air dash properly like jet boots.
Make Dual Blade's direction + shift not follow up to a step attack but a standing attack instead.
Such simple fixes, but people will probably think I'm asking for too much here.

Kiyumi
Jan 25, 2015, 12:08 AM
I vote for criticals to be like criticals in other games, where it actually does double damage. Also allow for boosts to crit damage, more fun then boring stances.

Hitting for big numbers is fun. Criticals in this game? Not fun.

Unnamed Player
Jan 25, 2015, 11:06 AM
Make non boss enemies more diverse(like Goran, Satellite Lizard, Sinow Zele & Girtablulu).

Add indoor areas which doesn't feel like walking through a gigant warehouse( PSO2 Sub. Tunnels vs PSO Seabed / Subterranean Desert).

Make areas within themselves more diverse:

PSO Cave 1&2:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/about/pso/field_ss_01_large.jpg
http://y60.imgup.net/pso-bb-pan71e1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

vs.

PSO2 Cave 1&2:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/RiIUnwsYQNY/maxresdefault.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/KoBCyTzzVPM/maxresdefault.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Give new areas a different level structure(like VR Spaceship -> Central Control Area).

Make Arks quests more like the old Hunters Guild missions (like The Fake in Yellow) and add some boss rush quests like Towards the Future or Respective Tomorrow.

Make non EQ boss battlels more diverse(like Vol Opt or Saint Million instead of another Quarz Dragon recolor).

Multi Class weapons should enable PA usage.

wefwq
Jan 25, 2015, 11:15 AM
What would you do differently to broke the game balance?

^ this thread
Personally i want some kind of indoor map, and maybe implement something like MB drop system that gave decent weapon after killing ## amount of certain type of enemy.

Nulve
Jan 25, 2015, 11:54 AM
Relax grinding. I've found several 12*'s and it's means nothing to me, because I don't want to deal with the horror of grinding them.

What they could do is, give people the option to pay with meseta to +10 (not +40) their weapon.

Like, pay 1.5 million to +10 a 12*; 900,000 to +10 an 11*; 600,000 for a 10*, etc. Even if the price is a bit too high and would probably be cheaper if you grinded it normally, they should give people an option who feel they just can't get past Dudu's RNG.

Tenlade
Jan 25, 2015, 12:33 PM
Either remove weakbullet, and give Ranger more powerful tools to compensate, or give everyone a skill that lets them apply a single weakbullet via gunslash, so the game can actually be balanced around it and MPAs dont get screwed if no one happens to be a ranger.

What they could do is, give people the option to pay with meseta to +10 (not +40) their weapon.

Like, pay 1.5 million to +10 a 12*; 900,000 to +10 an 11*; 600,000 for a 10*, etc. Even if the price is a bit too high and would probably be cheaper if you grinded it normally, they should give people an option who feel they just can't get past Dudu's RNG.
simpler version: have an NPC sell 100% grind success at 400k each. It'll immediately become the best money sink in the game.

SakoHaruo
Jan 25, 2015, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't change a thing, because this current shit they release pays all the bills. o3o

isCasted
Jan 25, 2015, 12:44 PM
SKILL TREES

[SPOILER-BOX]I am not the one to figure out everything ahead without seeing the way things work in the process, but in general skill trees should follow these rules:
- all multipliers (except for mechanically conditional ones, like Chain Trigger) should be additive;
- no unconditional multipliers - that should go without saying;
- no multipliers for stuff that you are already supposed to do (JA bonuses, WHA, Tech Charge Advance etc). Exceptions would be support skills for actives that make following certain conditions more difficult (like Combat JA Bonus);
- no duplicate multipliers (ZRA2, Standing Snipe 2, Stance Ups). Because you are already supposed to do that, if you learned original skills;
- no conditional skills, conditions for which fade away as they get levelled up or quest difficulty raises (stances right now do that);
- if certain conditions fall beyond player's control too far (pretty much any stance except for Fury, Guard, obviously Average and arguably Elemental), no major skills should be based around them (looking at you, Fighter's stances). Special big NO to skills that use own RNG condition (Iron Will, dammit... Half Defense in Portable 2 served the purpose just fine, why is it like this in PSO2???);
- skills that support existing skills should affect playstyle (no to Fury Combo Up, yes to Guard Stance Advance);
- no major skills that proclaim to work with more options than they actually do (Elemental Stance is obviously designed with Jet Boots in mind and is most useful for them, even though it's designed to affect everything. Weak Stance is not nearly as usable with striking attacks as it is with ranged and tech. Break Stance... Break SD Bonus... no words).

Some notes about stances: the whole point of the concept is making player alternate between different stances depending on situation. Ironically, the most annoying stances (Brave and Wise) are the ones that encourage players to get both of them. As it was said before, switching stances should make player change their approach to the situation. That doesn't happen:

- Guard Stance is nowhere near as effective as Fury, and none of Fury boosts are even actually conditional. Actually good defensive skills don't even require Guard Stance. However, devs came up with Guard Stance Advance, so that proves that this concept can be expanded.
- Whether player uses Brave or Wise Stance is dictated by the game, not player. Enemies only have weak points from one side, enemy aggression is not something that an individual player can change easily either (War Cry is not effective enough to ensure that Brave Stance will work in all cases, and there's no alternative for Wise Stance). That's one reason why they are no more than just an annoyance. If these stances have to exist, there need to be skills and Photon Arts (this would be especially good, even fun) that manipulate enemies' or player's positioning, so player had control over stance effects.
- Problems with Avg and Weak Stances were described above.
- Elemental and Break Stances aren't even naturally opposite, WTF were they thinking... I am not even talking about mechanical flaws of those.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
ACTION PALETTE

[SPOILER-BOX]6 weapon palettes are not enough, a lot of people will agree on this. Combo system sucks, even dev people don't use it in livestreams. 10 subpalette slots can't hold required skills, techs and items. Switching palettes is slow. Here are some options for solution:
1) 9 palette slots. Make combo system optional for every palette entry (3 options: same as now, without PA scrolling with basic attacks, same as in PSNova). Would be better if there actually were even more than 9, but with first 6-9 playing roles of "critical", as only those can be accessed quickly from keyboard.
2) Merge weapon palette and subpalette. This might feel awkward/uncomfortable for some people, but it instantly resolves some problems:
- slow switching (especially for controller users, who can't even use shortcuts) for both weapon and subpalette functions. Primary method of switching weapon palette takes extra button presses, and it's done only to allow subpalette to even be switchable (and it takes extra presses too);
- dead weight skills. You don't need Katana Combat button if you use Wired Lance right now, the button just hangs there and takes up space. Ra/Br can have Weak Bullet, Jellen Shot, Rapid Shoot and even Katana Combat (depending on build). These 4 skills relate to 4 different weapons, and that makes 3 subpalette buttons go to waste with every weapon. It's especially important when you have a lot of other active skills, like traps, grenades and Weak Stance (possibly even Average);
- lack of space for PAs. A lot of people want to be able to add PAs to subpalette, so there it is.
Depending on implementation, several buttons might free up. It can either allow to simplify controls or open possibility for even more than 10 entries per palette.

There's also possibility to refine combat system to a more traditional action/fighting fashion, where moves are executed by predefined key press combinations, but that's not going to feel like PSO2 anymore.[/SPOILER-BOX]

ELEMENTS

[SPOILER-BOX]a) Techniques

Elemental masteries as they are in PSO2 are bullshit, that's what everyone knows. But even if you ignore faulty F2P model, mechanical differences between techniques interfere with their elemental properties. Should you hit with "right" element or mastered one? If enemy's weak element is not the one you mastered, you become weaker than intended in both cases. Even worse if you want to use a technique (say, Namegid, because it's a bossing technique) when neither mastery nor enemy's weakness match - that technique is absolutely useless in this case. Your versatility is gimped greatly just because enemy has an icon of wrong color below its name. Even worse - different elemental masteries sit on different classes, so, if area has enemies that are weak to ice and wind, you are forced (duh) to pair Force and Techer to get maximum out of it, combos with Braver and Fighter will not work nearly as well (even if we assume that Techer's casting capability rivals Force, it REALLY isn't even close. It could, however, if Charge and JA skills were removed).
I see 2 possible ways to handle elements that don't make picking techniques so problematic:
1) PSO way: hit with weakness or eat dirt. Techs of different elements were different mechanically, but it worked, because it still allowed variety - different enemies had to be approached differently. These mechanical differences, however, weren't too significant - all elements had equal mobbing and bossing capabilities, there're no Namegid/Il Barta that are only available to their respective elements. Also, "wrong" techniques still had utility purpose, because status effects mattered (or, at least, that's how I see it). Obviously, elemental masteries with a system like this would be a real bullshit, so desigers would have to try harder than that to make skill tree for Force.
2) No such thing as elemental weakness at all, at least not directly. Put emphasis on mechanics of techniques and status effects (enemies have to be stronger for this to work, however). Flying enemies should be easier to move around, so wind techs should be more effective against them; slow and strong enemies would scream "freeze me", fast and tanky - "burn me" etc. In this case grabbing different elemental masteries, both damage-boosting (assuming they are not too strong - 20% extra damage per element is enough) and mechanic-extending (boost speed of fire techs, increase pull effects of wind etc.) would be all desired by player, because different elements would actually mean different playstyles. For that to work, however, techniques themselves have to stay true to their elements. For example, Il Foie and Nafoie are too slow, Il Megid and Samegid are too fast, Il Barta doesn't make bosses even flinch (let alone freeze them).

b) Weapons

Elements matter not nearly enough for us to care about them, but enough to annoy us if we want to be efficient. Obtaining all good weapons for your class combo along with some utility weapons is already a good task, they also have to be 50/60-elemented (elemental value doesn't even have anything to do with elemental properties - it's just an extra ATK that makes you desire extra copies of said weapon once you got it). What's the next way to improve? You pay even more money and spend even more time to get species hunters, Ancient Oaths and such for all elements. It's a big work, and kinda nice goal for endgame if not these facts:
1) droprates are abysmal, so it takes really long time. In the end you might not even obtain full set before it gets outclassed by a new generation of weapons, which (surprise!) does exact same things but with bigger numbers;
2) gain from this task is really low. Elemental weakness bonus is 20%, Ancient Oath is 14%, species hunter is 20%.
Solutions are same as for techniques:
1) PSU way: hit with weakness or eat dirt. In PSU elements were everything, and elemental value of the weapon actually related to elemental attributes of enemies. Obviously, drop rates have to be greatly buffed.
2) No direct elemental weaknesses. Element on a weapon could mean possible status effects or some other mechanic that's related to that element.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
BLOCK MODEL

[SPOILER-BOX]Oh, this terrible choice given by current block system - either you play with a friend or you play with people. My point is simple: your ability to communicate should not be limited by a lobby you are in. You shouldn't be unable to join your friend just because he started his quest in a lobby that has more people, neither you should be pushed into empty/terrible MPA just because you want to play with a friend (or because you were too late, or because you disconnected, or because fuck you). Lobby and quest areas have to be separate technically. Starting a quest should be like connecting to a different block, except with ability to transport entire (multi)party. This way it's also going to be easier to find people to run quests of interest - they could simply join you by searching for quest parties.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
GEAR OBTAINING

[SPOILER-BOX]Everything worthy in PSO2 is a random drop. Only trash stuff can be guaranteed. This contradicts entire concept of RPG - work to become stronger. Games should have goal, and every adequate goal allows to track progress. There's no such thing as progress when it comes to luck - either you have your weapon/armor/disc or you don't. With current system in PSO2 it's even worse - random weapons and discs drop from random enemies in random quests at random times (that's what running XH EQ feels like), and all the best stuff drops from the same enemy in one quest at unimaginably low rates (same with PSO2es - you have Rappy Medal scratch, which is the source of EVERYTHING).
I want an objective. Game has to give a one, and a reward has to be according to it. Even if it's about collecting 13500 stones, I'd rather have that than not knowing if I ever reach it in my lifetime. It doesn't have to be like AQ or XQ stones, where you get everything from one same quest - it could be about obtaining materials from different enemies and areas, crafting some kinds of shiny stones into other shiny stones just for sake of doing so, collecting other weapons, spend meseta - just anything. Right now Zieg's COs are the closest to that, but, yes, his weapons are shit. It doesn't have to be like XQs a while ago, when Bio not only were best, but also were obtainable quickly. However, like Bio, they should be best choice for people who know well what they want to achieve.
This doesn't mean that random drops should be eliminated or become an unimportant minority - they should be something for non-endgamers who can't do described tasks due to lack of development/skill (assuming drop rates are high enough).

...but hey, killing 12 Rockbears doesn't make you better than those who killed 11 Rockbears! That's why...
[/SPOILER-BOX]
CHALLENGE

[SPOILER-BOX]There's still no challenging but rewarding solo content which you can actually fail. XQ are the closest to that for party, TD3 - for MPA (but first one is pass-gated and too easy, second one is time+RNG-gated and is also stingy with good gear). For solo players there's nothing. Ideally, you should run around in MPA to get a gear for party content, where you get gear and skill to solo a Loser or two (metaphorically) so you could return to party/MPA content in equally skilled/geared organised groups to actually start getting more currency (that is Excubes right now).
The game doesn't give you a Loser. Even if you take risk and succeed at killing it during regular EQ time, your reward won't be any higher than if you killed it in a 12-man MPA. And that's a big problem.
Oh, and access to EQs has to be restricted by a challenge barrier.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
MORE MINOR STUFF

[SPOILER-BOX]- remove "no damage variance on rare weapons" thingy
- rewamp star/rarity/whatever rating system in a way that doesn't make RARE DROP! be an average weapon that you are supposed to use
- grinding, affixing, crafting
- boost effects of potentials, add more potentials that enhance playstyles
- do something to the way lighting affects character appearance
- 3-piece clothes with more color variety
- do something to ticket distribution system.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Well, that's about it. What a huge post, huh...

Walkure
Jan 25, 2015, 12:58 PM
Considering all the cool things Suganuma wanted are apparently off-limits to enact, I don't know how much things can even be done differently.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 25, 2015, 01:21 PM
I'd build a brand new engine, because come on we're using an engine from 2008. Shit's old as fuck. That's probably a huge part of what's limiting our game.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 02:14 PM
More diverse and interesting EQs.

8 player team-only quests with extreme degrees of difficulty.

Arada
Jan 25, 2015, 02:48 PM
1. I'd add choices the skill trees . We currently have no choices. There are skills that are good and those you don't want. There's no choice besides "is my skill tree for my main or sub ?" (and even then...).

2. More Emergency Codes. If need be, make an "Emergency Code: Challenge" and make it one of the Extreme Quests objectives. And make that highly rewarding so that people don't just ignore it like Capture.

3. Make it so that someone can call a drop. A drop should happen after X kills for instance "kill 10x rarity of the weapon times to get the called drop". It's just an exemple but you get my point. You should be able to get what you want. I'm so unlucky that my whole palette is bought even though I play quite often. This should not happen. In my exemple, 130 Anga kills is still a lot but I can motivate myself to run to the death if I know I'll get what I want in the end.

4. Review physics. Floating skirts, jackets and such... but this applies to the whole graphic engine, the game is just not on par with 2015, not close.

5. Add facial expressions to the characters to make them more lively. They're currently just dolls, it's a bit sad.

6. [said in an other post] Make the team room a real hub for the team with shops, a lab, possibility to share craft recipes more easily, etc...

7. The grind system should be entirely reviewed. Currently, it's just button mashing, prayers and a money sink. Allow me to pay a higher price to guarantee the grind or something. It will still be a money sink but I won't have to wait for potentially 1 hour to get the grinding done.

Dammy
Jan 25, 2015, 03:00 PM
specific gender/race restricted equipment (SSPN, Madam Umbrella, Berdysh etc)

Anduril
Jan 25, 2015, 03:13 PM
One thing I kinda miss that I wish they would have implemented is race/class specific physical stances for weapons, like how RAmar and RAmarl held their rifles differently.

untrustful
Jan 25, 2015, 03:35 PM
More universal weapons like gunslash. Seeing a class with only 2-3 weapons feel very niche.

Edson Drake
Jan 25, 2015, 03:47 PM
One thing I kinda miss that I wish they would have implemented is race/class specific physical stances for weapons, like how RAmar and RAmarl held their rifles differently.

How I miss pistols and the Ramarl "gangsta" pistol grip, that was awesome.

Cadfael
Jan 25, 2015, 04:39 PM
EQs that aren't "Collect X Points," "Collect X Points Then Kill X," or "Kill X." New tile sets for the existing areas to make them more interesting/varied looking.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 05:10 PM
Technique casting animations for all weapon types.

Walkure
Jan 25, 2015, 05:15 PM
As far as simple changes:
Palettes:[spoiler-box]9 Palettes, pls

Everything able to use the option select PA/Tech system rather than the 1-2-3 PA system. Weapon actions can be bound to their own key or assigned a PA slot (like in PSNova)[/spoiler-box]Knuckles:[spoiler-box]Remove Meteor Fist. Replacing it with something else is optional; I just hate that PA and everything it stands for.

After that, mostly PP adjustments are all that's really needed. Knuckles would have some great TAJAB usage and have pretty strong DPS if they didn't eat gobs of PP for low amounts of damage. Before, I felt that BHS would be a bit overpowered with 30PP or below, but now as more XH content and huge HP bars on everything, I feel like it'd be about right.

Backhand Smash: 45PP -> 30PP
Flash Thousand: 40PP -> 20PP
Pendulum Roll: 32PP -> 25PP
Surprise Knuckle: 25PP -> 15PP
Straight Charge: 20PP -> 15PP
Other 20PP PAs: 20PP -> 10PP

Most knuckles PAs would go to good/above average PP mileage, BHS would still be much lower than most good damage options. I don't really see it being a problem, since most good single-target options are also godlike for PP usage, and it's not like Knuckles are ever going to be good at mobbing.

[/spoiler-box]Sword: [spoiler-box]Lower the hitstop frames a bit. Sacrifice Bite duration remains in the background while switching to another weapon (not affecting the other weapon's damage natch), and prevents Sword Gear from deteriorating while a different weapon type is out and the buff is active. Could go real crazy and have the Sacrifice Bite ticks each give a good portion of gear.

There, I solved most of the problems I talk about for Sword![/spoiler-box]
Class Balance:
[spoiler-box]More reason to main Hunter, Braver, and Bouncer.

Let's just double War Brave's potency and call it good. Maybe have a floor of 15% and the cap at 30% just to make it better for single targets like bosses and whatnot.
Something Braver-exclusive that helps with Bows. Maybe something for Katanas offensively, as well.
Something not utter bullshit for Bouncer-main. Which is honestly hard because the skill tree design limits things down to things related to Auras, Elements, and Breakables, ugh.... here's some crazy idea that'll either be mad broken or suck horribly:

(Strike/Tech) Assimilation: Two separate skills that have the same basic function.

Strike Assimilation: All TATK requirements are treated as SATK requirements, weapon TATK will replace SATK, and techniques and the like act like striking attacks if it's more advantageous to do so (e.g. BoHu would probably have Striking attack modifiers on casting Foie). This would have a similar effect as Switch Strike but more drastic and far-reaching. SATK becomes the main stat for damage.

Example: BoHu casting Megid would have fury stance bonuses apply to it, and additional attribute bonus would apply just like a striking attack would. So if you casted it with a wind attribute weapon, the bonus attribute would follow wind attack multipliers. I don't know how this would or should affect Elemental Stance.

Tech Assimilation: All SATK requirements are treated as TATK requirements, Striking weapons become fully elemental and are no longer counted as striking attacks for multiplier purposes, and SATK replaces TATK values for weapon attack if they are higher. TATK becomes the main stat for damage.

This would effectively be a 20-30% multiplier on it's own for what would normally be a striking attack with matching element. Then again, Striking hitzones typically have their own bonuses, so...
BoHu becomes kinda trash with this skill since Fury Stance no longer boosts damage.
Considering Fighter multipliers apply to all damage, and gives okay TATK as a subclass, it could be a strong option.
BoFo and BoTe would have element bonuses apply to JB and DS damage, since it's all elemental.
How weapon attribute is treated could be adjusted for balance purposes. I don't want to do hard math on what the proper balancing point would be, since this is just a spitball idea.

Aside from that:

Give Gunner buffs for TMG usage. I don't really care how.
It'd be nice if Chase Advance could apply to status animations, and alternatively/concurrently give bosses some general status effect weaknesses that don't actually have the effect apply, just there for Chase Advance to apply.

[/spoiler-box]

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 05:28 PM
•Weak Bind: Passive skill, 5 SP, main class Fighter only: When you woul proc any status on an enemy immune to that status, including Bind or Stun, inflict the Weak Bind status instead for 5/6/7/8/10 seconds. Weak Bind has no effect by itself, but allows Chase Advance and Chase Advance Plus to apply.

Cyclon
Jan 25, 2015, 06:21 PM
Utility overhaul for the uncharged version of stuff that can be charged. Some time ago this was only a problem for technics, but since then it's spread everywhere. The principle of "either charge it, or use something else/wait until you can charge it" is a bit saddening.
... and by utility I mean damage.

Completely remake the entire prologue which I'm sure has driven its share of new players away from the game. In fact, remake the entirety of episode one with better presentation during cutscenes(NPC's faces and arms visibly clipping through their gear/clothes and vice versa is especially NOT acceptable), also generally make it more challenging.

Revamp the first few areas of the game with better space management(huge empty spaces are perfectly fine if they are justified from a gameplay perspective), and perhaps more enemies per spawn.
I think it's understandable that a game which is mainly kept relevant through additional content would end up with everything from original release looking dated, but that's why you need to go back and update it from time to time.

If you're going to have precision platforming(looking at you Amsduscia TA), make them sections where you're restricted to one constant running speed, because as it is now with three and how they function, precision is borderline impossible.

... And give me my training room goshdarnit. With dummy targets, instant PP recharging, absence of cooldowns, etcetera.

6 weapon palettes are not enough, a lot of people will agree on this. Combo system sucks, even dev people don't use it in livestreams.
No, the combo system isn't inherently bad. They just made it irrelevant right away by balancing PAs poorly and giving very few reasons not to go for the simplest and most efficient option available: using the same PA for all three slots; which is precisely what people have been doing ever since. I've been using pallets comprised of three different PAs for melee the entire time, and I find it completely functional, not to mention way more, to put it simply, fun to play that way.
That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm the minority, so you're right, it shouldn't be as polarizing as it is right now.

There's also possibility to refine combat system to a more traditional action/fighting fashion, where moves are executed by predefined key press combinations, but that's not going to feel like PSO2 anymore.
These don't tend to work so well with 3D games anyway, unless the latter are specifically designed to accommodate them.

Shinamori
Jan 25, 2015, 06:47 PM
Make EXP tickets work on COs.
Sublcass gets 50% EXP instead of 10%

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 06:50 PM
Next you'll be saying you can get subclasses to 75? Hell, why not automatically match your subclass level to your main class level while you're at it? Make it so you only need to reach level 75 once per character? That'll be sure to increase the amount of time you get to spend getting tangible power increases on a character!

Selphea
Jan 25, 2015, 06:58 PM
No, the combo system isn't inherently bad. They just made it irrelevant right away by balancing PAs poorly and giving very few reasons not to go for the simplest and most efficient option available: using the same PA for all three slots; which is precisely what people have been doing ever since. I've been using pallets comprised of three different PAs for melee the entire time, and I find it completely functional, not to mention way more, to put it simply, fun to play that way.
That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm the minority, so you're right, it shouldn't be as polarizing as it is right now.

These don't tend to work so well with 3D games anyway, unless the latter are specifically designed to accommodate them.

Am I like, the only person to use the melee PA combo system? T_T

Macman
Jan 25, 2015, 06:59 PM
Make 10+* passes not require premium to obtain. Premium could possibly just not require the passes in the first place to buy shit.
Only real downside economy-wise is the price of common 10* and 11* will skyrocket because people with premium will scoop up all the cheap ones to turn into cubes.

Nah, I do too. I'm also weird in that I'll have 2 pallet slots with the same layout but only the 3rd PA changed. I typically go gap-closer -> vertical PA -> mobbing/damage dealer.

The only time this system actively works against me is if I get flinched before getting to the 3rd slot which often has super armor. I find it worth it to keep my gameplay somewhat varied, though.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 07:02 PM

I like it, but it could be way better.

Walkure
Jan 25, 2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Arts JA is pretty usable right now. The problem really is that I'd rather be able to chain two PAs repeatedly, with one third as a situational PA, or simply have a choice between the second or third PA depending on what'd be best, but there's not really a good option for that in the 1-2-3 system outside of dedicating a palette to a situational PA.

Really, only Volg + Two PA combos are somewhere I feel like 1-2-3 combos feel right.

Mattykins
Jan 25, 2015, 07:35 PM
Change Ultimate to a more AQesque format instead of the shitty "collect points durhur!" MPA shit. Also, distribute better rares amongst the Ult mobs so there's an incentive to actually kill them aside from farming Anga :V

saraishadow
Jan 25, 2015, 07:43 PM

I use it as well, you just need to count your attacks.

Selphea
Jan 25, 2015, 07:52 PM
Make 10+* passes not require premium to obtain. Premium could possibly just not require the passes in the first place to buy shit.
Only real downside economy-wise is the price of common 10* and 11* will skyrocket because people with premium will scoop up all the cheap ones to turn into cubes.

Not really, considering you have to sacrifice a cube to get a 10* or 11* ticket in the first place.

I typically go gap-closer -> vertical PA -> mobbing/damage dealer.

Yea I typically do gap closer - fast single target - heavy single target and AoE - AoE - AoE. I'd probably do it the other way if I had one of those numpad mice to quickly switch without stretching fingers.

As for what I'd do differently, a lot.

But some of the biggest ones are mission cooldowns. Mobs are stingy because they can be repeated indefinitely. Some things shouldn't be. Put AQs on an 18h cooldown instead of some awkward capsule system, drop the risk system, bump mobs to 15 levels over equivalent difficulty straight up and give them hugely boosted droprates and disc rates over normal mobs. Put UQs on the same cooldown and bump Anga droprates too.

Another big one is to nerf the bajezus out of 13* so that people are actually motivated to farm other stuff.

Third one is restructure skill trees into a tiered skill sphere, so that skill picks are more playstyle-driven.

Like at Tier 1, give a limited number of points to spend on Weapon Gear/proficiency skills, with more points becoming available at later levels.

Then at Tier 2, give a limited number of points to spend on damage boosters like Perfect Keeper, PP Slayer, Weak Hit Advance which would work like Weak Stance, JA Advance, which would work like they do now, except across all 3 types, Shift Advance, which would work like SRJAB, except applying to Twin Dagger spin, Dual Blade PB Escape and so on.

At Tier 3, give points to spend on PP management, healing and utility skills like Step Advance, Quick Mate, J Reversal etc.

Finally at Tier 4, give points to get 2 elite skills - Weak Bullet, Massive Hunter, Limit Break, Chain Trigger etc. Weapon-specific cooldowns like PBF get retooled to be compatible with all weapons, like becoming Gear Fever which locks weapon gear at max.

Macman
Jan 25, 2015, 09:49 PM
Putting quests on a cooldown is what they did with extreme quests and it took them until floors 51-70 to get their head out of their asses and make the droprates feasible. I don't want them to do the same to all the other content.

Superia
Jan 26, 2015, 04:09 AM

Not really, considering you have to sacrifice a cube to get a 10* or 11* ticket in the first place.

They were suggesting that second part in the scenario that premium users no longer required a pass to do these things, i.e. allowing them to buy up all those Excubes for 2k each until the base price for 10* and 11* inevitably increased.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 26, 2015, 04:34 AM
Change Ultimate to a more AQesque format instead of the shitty "collect points durhur!" MPA shit. Also, distribute better rares amongst the Ult mobs so there's an incentive to actually kill them aside from farming Anga :V

This so much, UQ's been dead for a while already since people only spam anga farming ;;

Cyclon
Jan 26, 2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Arts JA is pretty usable right now. The problem really is that I'd rather be able to chain two PAs repeatedly, with one third as a situational PA, or simply have a choice between the second or third PA depending on what'd be best, but there's not really a good option for that in the 1-2-3 system outside of dedicating a palette to a situational PA.

Really, only Volg + Two PA combos are somewhere I feel like 1-2-3 combos feel right.I can think of quite a few others. But as a whole, I'd say that thanks to just attacking and general short length, a lot of PA actually flow satisfyingly well into one another, or into normal attacks. Custom combos are pretty fun to make in general, and the ability to keep going after your third attack also helps. The issue is not that comboing doesn't work because it does, and always has. Rather, it's simply not really relevant in-game.

In any case, yes, if you completely submit to the combo system, it's pretty restrictive. I always saw that as a good thing, because it makes melee more mentally challenging to play. That's not worth a lot though. There's too much wrong with it right now, and there are "better" alternatives for technical play, like using many different weapons. Really the only thing I'd defend about it, is that it forces the player to use a larger number of distinct PAs, which results in less of them going to waste. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that giving us the ability to simply slot melee PAs in the subpalette wouldn't fix that issue even with very tight balancing. And, I guess it also makes normal attacks more relevant, for what it's worth.

--

I believe I didn't mention in my original post that I'd severely nerf weak bullet as well. From 300% 255% to something between 130 and 150%. And slightly lower the HP of some bosses as a partial compensation.

Ezodagrom
Jan 26, 2015, 07:38 AM
I would turn the current UQ into an EQ, making Anga exclusive to that EQ, and have a single party version of the UQ accessible at all times.
My ideal single party UQ would have a set map and set spawns (not short maps like the TAs, but more like PSO1/PSU maps, or the TA version of darker's den), and would have the gryphon boss with its own arena at the end (which would also mean it would have its own music theme).

Galax
Jan 26, 2015, 08:35 AM
-Some sort of option to get a second set of Skill Trees for all classes without paying; three or more would be behind paywall, but I think allowing players to have two might give them a better idea of just how useful a second [or third, or fourth, or fifth] Skill Tree can be.

-By that logic, actually, I would have offered two characters from the word go, as well - not waited until we pushed out a new race and then said "eh let's give em a second".

-Shops and Trading wouldn't be premium only, that's ridiculous and always has been.

-7*+ autobind would never have been a thing.

-10*+ sale restrictions would be less ridiculous.

-Mining Base Defense sockets would have an option for Launcher users to occupy it as a turret, boosting damage & drawing from the socket for PP cost instead of from the player.

-MAG Reset Tickets would not be cash-shop only. They'd be in the recycle shop.

-Changing the color of your hair would not be restricted in the salon. That has never made sense.

-Some kind of mechanic for running combat. The fact that Rifle and Gunslash are the only weapons which allow you to run and fight at once is dumb.

-Gunslash would not have been a thing. It would have been counted as a single weapon, but I would have kept the classic Saber & Handgun. Photon Arts for it would probably rely on using these two weapons together - a stun shot from the Handgun, followed by a rushdown fury slash, or cutting them up with the saber while you charge the gun, which you use to blast them back.

-Jet Boots' gimmick of I AM THE AVATAR, FEAR MY KUNG FO would have been a thing with literally any class that can magic - just link to fists.

-Shitton of other things but I should be waking up and getting ready for class.

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2015, 09:46 AM
Too much to list. I'd change pretty much everything.
Virtually every good aspect of PSO2 is weighed down by a significantly stupid design decision.
Not even exaggerating on that. Many people I've spoken to have said the same thing.

But what to do? SEGA doesn't care. Sakai is too busy with Star Wars Hunter Gunslash or whatever.

Walkure
Jan 26, 2015, 10:03 AM
The issue is not that comboing doesn't work because it does, and always has. Rather, it's simply not really relevant in-game.Except that it *is* relevant, thanks to Tech Arts JA Bonus, and the PA rebalancing that went into EP3. Honestly, options are much more open than they've ever been.

[spoiler-box]

Sword has always chained different PAs together for repositioning to set up Over Ends or Ride Slashers.
Partisan has Volg Raptor combos, which mean they always have something. BUT when mobbing there's usually one preferred PA between Assault Buster, Slide End, Speed Rain, etc.
Wired Lance doesn't typically chain PAs, but it can totally Kaiser Rise to build gear, then Holding Current to consume said gear. Typically what happens is that they're set to different palettes, so you can swap to them if you need to rotate. There are times where there's just enough time to Just Counter to Holding Current, like on Luther, and futzing around with combo order will gimp your damage.
Wild Rhapsody to Orchestra continuous rotation is more damaging for less PP than any single Twin Dagger PA with Tech Arts JA Bonus. Overall there are ~6 PAs that you'd want to be able to use on TDs and 3 of them (Symphonic Drive, Bloody Sarabande, and Facet Folia) have specific use cases and otherwise are really awkward/inefficient to throw in).
Slide Uppercut to Backhand Smash, with Tech Arts JA Bonus, has the same damage over time as Backhand Smash spam, but doesn't run out of PP as quickly.
Double Sabers want to setup for a Chaos Riser, or follow up after a Chaos Riser, or maybe just build gear so that they can Chaos Riser at a later point.
Melee Gunslash can chain a bunch of it's 20PP moves together, and it also wants to use Slash Rave whenever it gets the opening.

[/spoiler-box]
In any case, yes, if you completely submit to the combo system, it's pretty restrictive. I always saw that as a good thing, because it makes melee more mentally challenging to play. That's not worth a lot though. There's too much wrong with it right now, and there are "better" alternatives for technical play, like using many different weapons. Really the only thing I'd defend about it, is that it forces the player to use a larger number of distinct PAs, which results in less of them going to waste. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that giving us the ability to simply slot melee PAs in the subpalette wouldn't fix that issue even with very tight balancing. And, I guess it also makes normal attacks more relevant, for what it's worth.The combo system is awful mostly because it limits the amount of weapon diversification you can have in a single palette set, and it puts an upper limit on the PAs you can reasonably choose. This is partly why I have 4-5 Fighter sets that are all the same build/skill tree, but different palette configurations.

If I were to optimize my Twin Dagger options (set 6 palettes of 6 different PAs) so I could use whatever was needed/best ASAP, I obviously wouldn't be able to use another weapon for anything. With the PA choice system on ranged/tech classes, I only take 2 palettes to do the same thing, and even more ideally, it would be 2 of 9 total palettes. Awesome, right?

I'd just as soon make it togglable whether someone would like the PA choice system or the 1-2-3 system. That way, people who are used to the old system (or want to use it on Ranged/Tech classes) can still use it. I just want the option to use the most relevant PA without palette bloat.
I believe I didn't mention in my original post that I'd severely nerf weak bullet as well. From 300% to something between 130 and 150%. And slightly lower the HP of some bosses as a partial compensation.Weak Bullet was nerfed to 255% in Ep3.

keywen
Jan 26, 2015, 01:49 PM
I would make boss aggro actually mean something. Their AoE is so indescriminant that whether or not you are the target of the ability doesn't matter. It would give meaning to tank roles and defensive stats. Also, having more abilities that force players to make choices instead of spamming techs and PAs. It's one aspect of the old fighter that I enjoyed, utilizing both stances for optimization instead of just popping brave stance nowadays.

edit: i can't type

vantpers
Jan 26, 2015, 02:56 PM
That's funny because boss aggro means too much in the game in a lot of cases. It's really easier in a lot of cases to not be aggroed rather than be aggroed in the game. Just look at those Rangers not caring about anything in UQ until one of them grabs the boss's attention. Really we are only at the level where depending on the class you might have to mindfully make use out of not being aggroed at worst. I would vastly prefer if the bosses had much more randomness as to attack targets, and more AoE and range.

Tank is like the dumbest role one would want in an action RPG. What's the point of having action combat if you all end up spamming attacks on a boss enemy that is only ever damaging the tank that can't die anyway because he is a tank? That's as retarded as Tera with its 10 second cooldown dodges that lasts 5 second to fully perform while having 2.5 second of i-frames. You had to rely on people tanking in many cases and it sucked.

I would honestly prefer if Sega would just already give up on the idea of tanking. Scrap Guard Stance completely, possibly nerf automated halfline. Add some fun utility, maybe play with damage modifiers not to make them entirely unconditional while trying not to nerf the class weapons. Also change up War Brave/War Cry a bit, honestly having to go out of combat and press the button every 30 seconds isn't a good mechanic. I don't mind the whole idea of getting bonuses for grabbing the enemy aggro but at that point I would prefer it to be at least semi automatic and not distracting. Maybe a simple bonus based on the number of enemies having been aggroed on to you?

Bring more UQs. Make more important quests not be EQs, and also preferably not be in the do as many as you can in 30 minutes format. For me it's just killing small communities because Amduscia EQ happens when there is a decent amount of people and then you get something like Magatsu with nobody playing. The 30 minutes format is worse than do once and forget mostly because most people won't bother doing 4/12 when they could get triple the loot in a random pug, which makes it less tempting to just do something new with friends once in a while instead of jumping onto block cramming train. And make something that is actually for 4/4 groups and isn't either Free Field version 0.5 with capsules to be paid or outdated XQs whose only real gimmick is throwing 3 bosses at you while having 4 players each capable of soloing one in 30 seconds max and random weapon weaknesses doubling the damage.

Kiyumi
Jan 26, 2015, 03:53 PM
I would turn the current UQ into an EQ, making Anga exclusive to that EQ, and have a single party version of the UQ accessible at all times.
My ideal single party UQ would have a set map and set spawns (not short maps like the TAs, but more like PSO1/PSU maps, or the TA version of darker's den), and would have the gryphon boss with its own arena at the end (which would also mean it would have its own music theme).

I like this idea. Make Anga EQ only then boost his drop rates. I would actually run the thing if it was like that, because UQ as it is now is far too boring and unrewarding.

saraishadow
Jan 26, 2015, 04:00 PM
possibly nerf automated halfline.

People use that in non-tank builds for soloing...................

vantpers
Jan 26, 2015, 05:32 PM
People use that in non-tank builds for soloing...................
Generally I hate the game allowing you to access too much defensive options. For me Glass Cannon Fantasy 2 was the enjoyable part of the game. Sure no one is bothered by it now but It would be problematic if Sega suddenly let out some no revives tough boss fight. You don't even sacrifice much relevant DPS for it and you gain some back by facetanking.

Cyclon
Jan 26, 2015, 06:31 PM
Except that it *is* relevant, thanks to Tech Arts JA Bonus, and the PA rebalancing that went into EP3. Honestly, options are much more open than they've ever been.
I realized some time after posting that I forgot to comment on Tech arts JA bonus. And you're right, it does make comboing, or at least simple combinations of two different PAs, more relevant. But all in all, it doesn't really fix the issue, first off because it doesn't really encourage the use of anything complex, and, the damage potential of comboing isn't the only problem here.

-List-This wasn't really necessary. Then again, I've been out of the loop for a while obviously, so...

The combo system is awful mostly because it limits the amount of weapon diversification you can have in a single palette set, and it puts an upper limit on the PAs you can reasonably choose.It's awful because it doesn't make sense. It should either have not allowed the repetition of a single PA, period, or been completely different. In no way does it hurt weapon diversification if you don't use each palette for a single PA. Could such a system have worked? I believe so, but who knows.
This theoretical system is what I've been speaking of and defending, by the way, not the actual in-game one. Sorry if that was clear already.

I'd just as soon make it togglable whether someone would like the PA choice system or the 1-2-3 system. That way, people who are used to the old system (or want to use it on Ranged/Tech classes) can still use it. I just want the option to use the most relevant PA without palette bloat.I'm inclined to agree, even though sometimes, I get the feeling we're forgetting that restrictions are not the devil. But yes, the only way out is forward, so free PA usage should be a thing.

Weak Bullet was nerfed to 255% in Ep3.Welp. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hysteria1987
Jan 27, 2015, 05:30 AM
Oh boy! =P

Apologies if any of my points have been mentioned, I haven't read all of the thread yet. I'll get my ideas down first, then go back and declare those of you with the same points my new best friends, and shake my fist at the monitor like the grumpy old man I am at the rest.

--

* Costumes. No more cardboard box men, rappy/lillipan/nyau suits or anything like that. The Arks are meant to be a bunch of mercenaries fighting a corrupting infestation (and a losing one too if the UQ story path happens to be the one they follow), I think there should be more combat-style costumes.

* Arks Quests. These don't really offer anything- no unique or interesting quest mechanics, no story advancement, no side-stories even- pretty much everything in them can be done in the free fields. It feels like they're just there to artificially lengthen the time between unlocking the next area. Don't get me wrong, some of them were good the first time over- Dagan Extermination comes to mind. But at the end of the day, only the TA quests and XQs have any different or interesting mechanics. I was even a little impressed at that one Ep3 story quest that got me to activate switches to proceed -_-

* Collaborations. PSO2 could be a big universe with big stories, just like the original PSO. As I mentioned above, there's no side-stories or anything of the like- PSO had the Seat of the Heart stuff, Black Paper, the Montague/Elenor science stuff, Kireek and Sue... all who gave their stories up only piece by piece, chapter by chapter, and all of whom added to the flavour and the overall whole of the PSO story. I think they should expand more on what they have rather than bringing in anime stuff.

* Shifta/Deband being more useful would be nice, but given how the FO's role has changed (they're overall more useful than they used to be) I'm not too concerned about this. Same for the return of Jellen and Zalure, though that'd likely be OP and affect the game balance too much. I just like my support stuff is all =P

* Hard caps on stats. Now maybe they will have these already- the game was designed around a final cap of 100 after all. But I think having these would make hybrid classes more useful. I see it like this- to get maximum efficiency out of your Braver, for instance, your skill tree and mag will be geared towards either the katana or the bow, not both, effectively making you either a different-flavoured hunter or a different-flavoured ranger, meaning people aren't taking advantage of the hybridization available to them. Hard caps mean there'd be a reason to stop improving (for instance) S-ATK (having hit the cap) and start improving R-ATK.

* More aggressive enemies. In PSO1 they all came at you, which, sure, was a little dumb of them, but now all they do is circle awkwardly around you. Playing a close-range class for the first time, I had a bit of trouble being very effective as a result of this, having to stop every now and so often, walk forwards a little bit back into range, and then start again.

--

Wellp, that's it for me. I spent over 10 years with the original PSO because, limited as it was compared to what we can do now, I felt it was way more engaging, and it's the story stuff/quest mechanic points I raised that I reckon would get me to hang with this game a bit more. As it is, I do like this game a lot, but I do think the criticisms that it's a bit stale at the moment are justified.

Ruby_foster
Jan 28, 2015, 04:58 AM
Their randomize map is good but I somehow feel like it's confined and not that free. They should enlarge the area of every map and have more route of choice instead of just having one way only. This might open up more opportunity like treasure box hunt before the final boss fight.

Kiyumi
Jan 28, 2015, 05:02 AM
Their randomize map is good but I somehow feel like it's confined and not that free. They should enlarge the area of every map and have more route of choice instead of just having one way only. This might open up more opportunity like treasure box hunt before the final boss fight.

Yeah this is how some of my real life friends feel. They wont play the game because its not free-roam and is dungeon based only. Theres other games with free roam that are a different style.

For SEGA it reduces server load by a lot, although not enough since there is still a lot of lag.

Halikus
Jan 28, 2015, 10:31 AM
Yeah this is how some of my real life friends feel. They wont play the game because its not free-roam and is dungeon based only. Theres other games with free roam that are a different style.

For SEGA it reduces server load by a lot, although not enough since there is still a lot of lag.

The open world style has its fair share of drawbacks such as getting to a dungoen or boss and finding a queue several hours long before actually getting to do what you wanted to run.

strikerhunter
Jan 28, 2015, 03:07 PM

Could also introduce multiple boss rooms at the end of Free Explore maps to choose from or some sort of special EC trail for that specific room. EX: Desert: Single tower defense, dual Ragne/major bosses, different unique rooms for each boss that the boss can interact with like Fang Bather/Banshee room. (EX: Dragon EX destroying pillars that becomes obstacles that can't be destroyed, Vol spreading lava fields, Cata creating a 2nd platform through digging, chasing and fighting Quartz from Floating Island to Floating Island.)

The open world style has its fair share of drawbacks such as getting to a dungoen or boss and finding a queue several hours long before actually getting to do what you wanted to run.

Not to also mention that those areas will become empty after the player base have moved on into the endgame.

elryan
Jan 29, 2015, 01:45 AM
Gunner:
- Grounded Satellite Aim becomes as fast as if performed mid-air
- Movement speed during Infinite Fire is increased.
- Dive Roll is changed to Step when using Twin Machine Gun, just like Bullet Bow.
- Showtime is now passive: Gear-boosting effect of showtime is now active all the time, along with High Time, Toughness Time and Showtime Star. Remove hate boost from showtime.
- Adds High Time damage bonus indicator to Gear Gauge somewhat.
- Change One More Time passive: once every 60 seconds, if ever you got hit by enemy attacks, your Gear Gauge and High Time bonus will not get reduced.

Ranger:
- Bullet Keep also works for different weapons other than Launcher.
- Dive Roll Shoot is pre-learned.

All Classes:
- Remove fist bumping for activating class skills like War Cry, Massive Hunter, Limit Break, Critical Field just like Gunner's Chain Trigger

Hunter:
- All Guard works with other main classes now.

Fighter:
- D-Saber Wind Parrying changed so that will proc Just Guard during weapon action even without filled kamaitachi gauge. Upon proccing Just Guard with D-Saber, will trigger kamaitachi even if kamaitachi gauge not filled.
- Critical Strike is now not main-class only.

Bouncer:
- Kestrel Rampage: removed the final "rain" damage from the weapon animation. Increase slashes damage.

keywen
Jan 29, 2015, 02:07 AM
That's funny because boss aggro means too much in the game in a lot of cases. It's really easier in a lot of cases to not be aggroed rather than be aggroed in the game. Just look at those Rangers not caring about anything in UQ until one of them grabs the boss's attention. Really we are only at the level where depending on the class you might have to mindfully make use out of not being aggroed at worst. I would vastly prefer if the bosses had much more randomness as to attack targets, and more AoE and range.

Tank is like the dumbest role one would want in an action RPG. What's the point of having action combat if you all end up spamming attacks on a boss enemy that is only ever damaging the tank that can't die anyway because he is a tank? That's as retarded as Tera with its 10 second cooldown dodges that lasts 5 second to fully perform while having 2.5 second of i-frames. You had to rely on people tanking in many cases and it sucked.

I would honestly prefer if Sega would just already give up on the idea of tanking. Scrap Guard Stance completely, possibly nerf automated halfline. Add some fun utility, maybe play with damage modifiers not to make them entirely unconditional while trying not to nerf the class weapons. Also change up War Brave/War Cry a bit, honestly having to go out of combat and press the button every 30 seconds isn't a good mechanic. I don't mind the whole idea of getting bonuses for grabbing the enemy aggro but at that point I would prefer it to be at least semi automatic and not distracting. Maybe a simple bonus based on the number of enemies having been aggroed on to you?

There are examples where playing as the tank is exciting and managing enmity can be a very sophisticated part of the game. Namely in pre-abyssea FFXI, PLD was by far one of the most in depth and crucial classes. It's not an action RPG, but I don't see how it'd be impossible to implement a fun to use and worthwhile tank kit. I kept my reply concise because I don't care enough to go into detail.

If you just want them to drop the idea of tanking, they might as well cut any and all defensive skills in the trees. The issue would be balancing the hack-and-slash nature of mobbing with a more team-based flow of bosses, perhaps introducing auras that would only be in effect while in guard stance or being able to destroy breakable parts faster. There's an entire world of unexplored options down the tank road and it's a damn shame we have to play DPS Star Online.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 29, 2015, 02:42 AM
Hmmm...

-Make the game more difficult.
-Overhaul grinding completely
-Remove affixing as it is currently [Replace it with something else, dunno what, though]
-Better models/textures
-Remove/revamp latents as they are currently
-Completely redo rate calculation
-Remove the extend system
-Implement a system where weapons can be reskined to any other weapon of the same category.
-Make progression actually feel fulfilling.
-Upgrade the f***ing servers.

Walkure
Jan 29, 2015, 10:21 AM
There are examples where playing as the tank is exciting and managing enmity can be a very sophisticated part of the game. Namely in pre-abyssea FFXI, PLD was by far one of the most in depth and crucial classes. It's not an action RPG, but I don't see how it'd be impossible to implement a fun to use and worthwhile tank kit. I kept my reply concise because I don't care enough to go into detail.FFXI had a really interesting hate system as far as anything goes, and I'm kind sad that it got super-simplified for FFXIV. However, I really doubt a similar system would work at all in PSO2, since "zerging" in FFXI is basically the default state of play for PSO2.

For people who didn't play, I'll give a quick summary: the hate system was usually referred to as enmity, and there were two kinds of enmity: Cumulative Enmity (CE) and Volatile Enmity (VE). The mob would attack the person with the highest total enmity (CE+VE), and both would cap at 10k. VE could easily be built up with hate-grabbing skills, BUT decayed at around 60/s. CE was only lost on getting attacked, and the easiest way to build it up was generally: dealing damage, healing, throwing around an array of spells. This lead to a lot of different tactics:

Zerging (damage-rushing) bosses or regular enemies made any actual tank class tanking a hopeless endeavor; Damage Dealers usually dealt more than enough damage to immediately rip hate off a mob if they wanted to, and sometimes even if they didn't (a WAR double attacking and landing criticals could rip hate off tanks in their first attack round). During Zergs they would very quickly build up to CE/VE caps before tanks could due to their insane amount of buffs being active at once.
Because of this, damage dealing required some paying attention to enmity and using defensive abilities (Seigan, Utsusemi) to avoid dying! It was a game where classes outside of tanks had to deal with having hate at times even during optimal situations. Mages could also factor in -enmity into their set considerations, depending on how difficult it would be for the tanks to maintain hate.
It was found that spamming a rotation of RDM and DRK spells would give great amounts of both CE and enough VE to cap and sustain the cap. Thus, NIN/DRK and NIN/RDM were born for long term fights.
PLD, indeed, had a lot of interesting things going on. On longer, non-zerg fights when utsusemi tanking was best, they'd be on PLD/NIN and use damage from Atonement (a weapon skill that dealt damage based on enmity) or cure-macroing (swapping out gear to get higher HP cap, healing said HP, and swapping back). There would also be fights where PLD/RDM would work best. PLD/WAR was kinda there to point a sword at the next enemy for DDs to kill but it prevented the mobs from running off and attacking whoever casted sleep on it.

So the problems were about the same as zerg fights; dealing the most damage was the best way of getting hate, and evading damage entirely was usually the best way to handle hate. In a short enough period of time (zerging) the best thing was to just have someone immobilize the mob (Chainspell Stun) or have active defenses void damage entirely while everyone dogpiled the boss with as much buffs as possible.

Would I really change it? Idunno, Zerg fights were fun as fuck, especially if the boss couldn't be chainstunned or some other limitation. There were a lot of gimmicks to endgame bosses and whatnot that limited the ability to just run up and kill it, but there was usually a more heavily-offensive way to kill things. Furthermore, removing the ability to zerg was how tanking became relevant in FFXI typically, since actively negating damage relied more on buffs rather than actually dodging attacks. If you were to remove the damage buffs and multipliers in PSO2, you wouldn't suddenly need a tank to handle damage, you'd just need whoever has hate to dodge more often. Sucks for some classes more than others, but that wouldn't pave the way for tanks to become relevant per se.

I'd guess a way for PSO2 to enforce tanking were to make enemies have completely undodgeable but focused attacks. Like say, Anga's lasers perfectly homed in on whoever was holding hate, and hit through any block/evade frames. It'd be absolutely disastrous for classes like Fighter and Gunner, but it'd enforce the need for someone to hold hate and be bulky. And it would suck even harder for random MPAs where class distribution is random.

Sanguine2009
Jan 29, 2015, 08:41 PM
i would completely revamp how maps/quests are done, no more of this souless random gird MPA BS. no more running around a map aimlessly. quests would be closer to previous games.

Bellion
Jan 29, 2015, 08:54 PM
How about no more 12/12 crap and more 4/4 stuff ok wow

EvilMag
Jan 29, 2015, 08:55 PM

Sure. That'll be 10 special items that you can only get one of once per day randomly. c:

Vatallus
Jan 29, 2015, 09:03 PM
All I really want to see is just a few things.

More launcher love - maybe a gear that increases launcher AoE.

XH rebalace - All they did was jack up enemy HP and Dex. So if you have the Dex then they only hit as hard as SH... and if you have the Saiki or Magatsu set then that is a complete joke.

And more reason to run XH. Magatsu is a good example of this. People run SH over XH because its a lot faster and gives just as many cubes per boss kill. I feel like increasing the 12* rate on XH won't really be enough to persuade people otherwise. In short, more reason to run XH would be grand.

I guess I'm simple, that is about all I really want.

Edit: Oh one more thing. Not locking story quest behind a matterboard.

Maenara
Jan 29, 2015, 09:08 PM

How about 8/8 stuff that you do with your team

Bellion
Jan 29, 2015, 09:16 PM
Because 4 players are too much for enemies already, besides a couple of bosses that you can count with 1 hand in XH.

MPAs encourage laziness and not giving a damn.

Maenara
Jan 30, 2015, 12:17 AM
How about a mission that forces us to solo level 100 Magnate of Malevolence: Falz Angel + Level 100 Magnate of Malevolence: Falz Hunar, simultaneously. I wonder how many people would actually be able to do that.

keywen
Jan 30, 2015, 02:24 PM
Removed for the sake of space, but I read all of it.

I was using FFXI PLD as an example for an exciting, rewarding, and well designed style. Copying and pasting it into PSO2 would be a nightmare. It would require a complete overhaul of how hate is managed in PSO2, but this thread is about what we would have done differently from a design perspective. I gave an answer without details because I would have had to write a book about it, haha, so I just left it at "make tanking an defensive stats worth something".

There's nothing wrong with zerg fights. VW, Legion, Abyssea in the later stages of the games lifespan were crazy fun from a DD's perspective, but it did get stale because there was no depth. It was a flowchart: superbuff DDs, pop Alexander, zerg bosses, reset 2hrs, rinse, repeat. Every game should have their epeen events, because they can add variety, but when every single one is an entire party trying to deal as much damage as possible, I found it got stale.

I understand your point about PUGs and MPAs, but I feel like events that require coordination is a vastly under explored aspect of the game. We all know how powerful a well organized MPA can be, why not make events that require that kind of ability to succeed? There's plenty of content for PUGs, but there isn't a reason to level up your game, as it were. I think the lack of a proper use for, most prominently, tanks (among other utilities) is a problem as they can introduce a base from which coordination-required events can be built.

Mattykins
Feb 2, 2015, 07:10 PM
I just want to express support for the idea of making rare mobs count for COs and shit.

Trying to do Goronzoran daily. Running into four rare versions in a row should not make me feel like the unluckiest shit on the planet, but it does, and that's stupid.

Cerebral Assassin
Feb 2, 2015, 07:30 PM
I got a great idea to make the game more challenging.

So hear me out on this ok?

Remove a digit from all gained exp

Increase all exp by a extra zero so 100k turns to 1mil.

Make exp, rare drop, and meseta tickets AC only.

Anduril
Feb 2, 2015, 07:32 PM
I got a great idea to make the game more challenging.

So hear me out on this ok?

Remove a digit from all gained exp

Increase all exp by a extra zero so 100k turns to 1mil.

Make exp, rare drop, and meseta tickets AC only.
(can't tell if sarcastic or not) That would just be more of the same artificial difficulty as "Harder Difficulty" just meaning "More Enemy HP." It's not more challenging, just more grindy.

Imjake
Feb 7, 2015, 01:39 AM
1.) Add in more weapon types from PSO and PSU that are missing from PSO2. W. lances are a piss-poor (or is it pour?) excuse for fighting claws, damnit!
2.) If number 1 was done, Id also have more classes or change the existing classes so they arent so limited. I hate the 2 to 3 weaps per class b.s.. Or;
3.) instead of number 2, make it so you can use all subclass weapons instead of weaps that are specifically multi class.
4.) Better story. I mean, seriously, our job is to hunt down darkers. So much more could have been done with the PSO2 story :(
5.) Make all classes compatible with each other. Technically, you can use any combo you want, but some dont work well at all. You cant focus on s, r or t atk on mag and armor and play a class combo that uses weapons that arent what you focused on and expect to kick ass. Like a br/gu. You either lose tons of s atk so you are weak with a katana, or you focus on katana and use gu for no reason. Absurd. Sega needs to do something about this.
6.) Release the damn game in NA with ALL the updates available in the JP version. lol. ;)
7.) Find a way to make MPAs more desirable when there is no LQ or an EQ going on.
8.) Make it a crime to live out your ridiculous and sad waifu fantasies or pervy issues by playing a scantily clad female; especially a loli. I cant fkin stand how disproportionate the female to male ratio is. I know a bunch of trannies and desperate nerds play MMOs, but damn, we dont need 9 out of the 12 players in an MPA being a damn scantily clad female. So stupid. What is wrong with some of you lol?
9.) Casino could be better. Not a lot of reasons to go there. I have 40+ passes saved now.
10.) Would love to see the events like MAG and 1up cup and stuff like that from PSU and PSO come to PSO2.
11.) Game needs to be more challenging. Im not a hardcore try hard or anything, but everyone being OP is absurd. Good to see the Japanese are as big of babies as American millenials. Sega isnt listening to we western folk about the game, so obviously the japanese players bitch, too. Why every class has to do such high damage is beyond me. At least the xh quests are a challenge sometimes.

Hysteria1987
Feb 7, 2015, 02:56 AM
7.) Find a way to make MPAs more desirable when there is no LQ or an EQ going on.

This is a big one for me too. I wanted to do some UQ runs the other day to do a little 13* hunting- B27 was completely full, and every other UQ block did not have a single UQ in progress. In fact, VH was the most common difficulty I saw in there. So, I soloed :-P I wasn't hanging around for too long that night anyway, so getting turbokilled by a Diabo wasn't so bad.

Honestly I think this, and a lot of the 'issues' I perceive with the game, is caused by the player shop. People don't run your standard stuff because anything they want to get they can pull out the Visiphone- what they do run gives them things they can't get from there.

I've taken to hunting certain things rather than buying them- doesn't solve the overall problem if it's just me, but it does make the game a little more open to me =P

Lostbob117
Feb 7, 2015, 03:32 AM
I'd redo all the weapon types, or mostly change it.

I'd probably leave tech stuff alone and a lot of ranged weapons.

Swords
I'll make clearly for utility, being able to stun bosses and knock around a lot more things. Though the stuns would have CDs on the specific enemies that you stunned or knocked up.

Partizans
I'd make this more into a Dash around weapon, kind of how Assbuster is, but support that style more. I feel like running around stabbing things and a guerrilla warfare kind of fighting style would fit this best.

Wired Lances
I'd honest push these more into throwing things about. I'd like for more than just enemies to be able to be thrown around too.

Knuckles
Make it where you can just keep punching in all situations, even while dodging. Though, make it more ground based instead of air based fighting. Also, make PAs cancel faster.

Double Saber
Rework PAs to spin more. I'd like for Double Saber's to be able to spin on a boss almost 100% of the time during a boss fight by using combos and regain PP with your shift move.

The rest I didn't mention are in a pretty good spot.

Kiyumi
Feb 7, 2015, 03:37 AM
8.) Make it a crime to live out your ridiculous and sad waifu fantasies or pervy issues by playing a scantily clad female; especially a loli. I cant fkin stand how disproportionate the female to male ratio is. I know a bunch of trannies and desperate nerds play MMOs, but damn, we dont need 9 out of the 12 players in an MPA being a damn scantily clad female. So stupid. What is wrong with some of you lol?

A lot of your comments were fairly stupid but this one was the worst. Anyone who plays a female character is a trannie or a desperate nerd? Im sure youre such a tough guy, staring at a man's ass for hours on end.

Also I very rarely see "scantily clad" lolis, they usually try to look like cute princesses or catgirls or magical sailor moon types. Anyways with the fact that you are so bothered by how other people choose to design their characters, it would seem like something is wrong with you.

Selphea
Feb 7, 2015, 03:56 AM
millenials.

Blaming a generation for problems in a game is so 2013.

If you think about it, a publisher would more likely cater to the whales in an F2P game - people who spend hundreds or even thousands a month on AC. After all, they're a big part of why the lights are still running.

They could be anyone with disposable income really, but these (http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/whales-and-why-social-gamers-are-just-gamers/) articles (http://www.wired.com/2012/11/meet-the-whales/) interviewed whales from various games and they all have a similar profile - 40something, successful career, some even with family.

So when making a game for a series stretching back decades, with some players who may very well be former hardcore gamers, tied down with RL commitments in older age, slowing reflexes but much, much greater disposable income than before, would it be an easy or hard game?

Kiyumi
Feb 7, 2015, 04:40 AM
these (http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/whales-and-why-social-gamers-are-just-gamers/) articles (http://www.wired.com/2012/11/meet-the-whales/)

Those were interesting articles, thank you :)

Whales will probably never be the most skilled at a game, because they spend more of their time making money than actually playing. But they will have the best gear you can buy, most in-game money etc. Was interesting to read the profiles, although I can understand why most of them were single or divorced.

SilenWhisper
Feb 7, 2015, 05:01 AM
Buff all techniques by at least 150% cause not matter how you see it,when you compare overall tech dmg with PA ones the difference's ridiculous.Also,we're supposed to charge techs in order to have a better dmg output,not a PA equal one.

Selphea
Feb 7, 2015, 08:11 AM
Those were interesting articles, thank you :)

Whales will probably never be the most skilled at a game, because they spend more of their time making money than actually playing. But they will have the best gear you can buy, most in-game money etc. Was interesting to read the profiles, although I can understand why most of them were single or divorced.

Thanks :) I knew a few big spenders in the last MMO I played and they were pretty cool people. I suppose it's not too surprising.

Even if PSO2 players don't gamble on AC Scratch, they'd probably have done it in one of the pachinko parlors run by Sega.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 7, 2015, 06:04 PM
1.) Add in more weapon types from PSO and PSU that are missing from PSO2. W. lances are a piss-poor (or is it pour?) excuse for fighting claws, damnit!
2.) If number 1 was done, Id also have more classes or change the existing classes so they arent so limited. I hate the 2 to 3 weaps per class b.s.. Or;
3.) instead of number 2, make it so you can use all subclass weapons instead of weaps that are specifically multi class.
4.) Better story. I mean, seriously, our job is to hunt down darkers. So much more could have been done with the PSO2 story :(
5.) Make all classes compatible with each other. Technically, you can use any combo you want, but some dont work well at all. You cant focus on s, r or t atk on mag and armor and play a class combo that uses weapons that arent what you focused on and expect to kick ass. Like a br/gu. You either lose tons of s atk so you are weak with a katana, or you focus on katana and use gu for no reason. Absurd. Sega needs to do something about this.
6.) Release the damn game in NA with ALL the updates available in the JP version. lol. ;)
9.) Casino could be better. Not a lot of reasons to go there. I have 40+ passes saved now.
10.) Would love to see the events like MAG and 1up cup and stuff like that from PSU and PSO come to PSO2.
11.) Game needs to be more challenging. Im not a hardcore try hard or anything, but everyone being OP is absurd. Good to see the Japanese are as big of babies as American millenials. Sega isnt listening to we western folk about the game, so obviously the japanese players bitch, too. Why every class has to do such high damage is beyond me. At least the xh quests are a challenge sometimes.

Most of these aren't even a issue if you aren't a noob and in end game. Also most of PSU's classes sucked ass for years until the GAS system was released so if you want to compare class balancing PSO2 is still doing a hell of a better job then what PSU did.

Imjake
Feb 7, 2015, 08:30 PM
Most of these aren't even a issue if you aren't a noob and in end game. Also most of PSU's classes sucked ass for years until the GAS system was released so if you want to compare class balancing PSO2 is still doing a hell of a better job then what PSU did.

Lol. You are kind of dense, yeah? Gtfo here.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 7, 2015, 08:56 PM
Lol. You are kind of dense, yeah? Gtfo here.

Oh so all the classes in PSU were good from the start right? So stating that fact makes me dense as well as some of your thoughts being wrong? Last time I checked when PSU was around the casino was only get the 1 material item and nothing else as far as prizes went. I could go on about how wrong everything you stated is but I'd rather not get into it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 7, 2015, 09:02 PM
I'd make PSO2 fun

BIG OLAF
Feb 7, 2015, 09:03 PM
OH EYAH!!

Just another zinger courtesy of your favorite Comediva, Cyron Tanryoku...! She's got a million of 'em!

badda BAM

Noblewine
Feb 7, 2015, 09:09 PM
1) Add tutorials that explain the basics/intermediate fundamentals of the game.
2) Remove limitations of what weapons you can use. PSO/PSU did this why not on PSO2. *Shrugs*
3) Make original maps that is not a reskin or improved version of the Beach from PS0/PSU..
4) Missions (sidequests) that advocates the story by interacting with NPC.
5) If you want to make the game harder don't make people resort to using Resist Units to up survival.

vantpers
Feb 8, 2015, 04:45 AM
1)
5) If you want to make the game harder don't make people resort to using Resist Units to up survival.
Yeah if you make the game harder make sure all bosses bypass resists and there is at least one instakill attack that happens randomly and isn't easy to dodge or practically impossible to fail like Luther's swords.

No seriously, those instakills were the best things in Vindictus. Nothing like a dance party around the 10k def dude grabbed by Keaghan.

Noblewine
Feb 8, 2015, 08:39 PM
Yeah if you make the game harder make sure all bosses bypass resists and there is at least one instakill attack that happens randomly and isn't easy to dodge or practically impossible to fail like Luther's swords.

No seriously, those instakills were the best things in Vindictus. Nothing like a dance party around the 10k def dude grabbed by Keaghan.

Can't tell if your being serious.....

vantpers
Feb 9, 2015, 04:17 AM
What's not serious about that? Any bit small bit of difficulty the game has can be effectively negated by dropping bit of PP from your gear, or even just wearing good units. Don't even get me about those skills with 75% chance to survive or automatic healing when below 50% hp. The first problem with this game is that you often don't even have the time to die, the second is that you don't even have time or possibility to run out of moons, the third is that there are defensive skills that make you not die too good, the fourth problem is that Sega can't design bosses.

Kiyumi
Feb 9, 2015, 05:35 AM

I hated those spin2win 10k def scrubs. They were usually botters.

Anyways I came up with these ideas while using friend partners. REMOVE the 10 friend limit on the number of times you can earn FUN per day! There is zero reason to use friends after you have used 10 because NPCs give you gifts when you use them, and are more useful anyway because they have 3x the HP. Make it each friend can be used once, not a max limit of 10.

Im not trying to get free FUN, but its more fun to use real people characters then having to use Matoi, Katori, and Alis every time. Oh and fix the gifts. Either give everyone good gifts or remove them because with the gifts, there is no reason to use any NPC other then the ones that give excubes.

Noblewine
Feb 9, 2015, 06:43 PM
What's not serious about that? Any bit small bit of difficulty the game has can be effectively negated by dropping bit of PP from your gear, or even just wearing good units. Don't even get me about those skills with 75% chance to survive or automatic healing when below 50% hp. The first problem with this game is that you often don't even have the time to die, the second is that you don't even have time or possibility to run out of moons, the third is that there are defensive skills that make you not die too good, the fourth problem is that Sega can't design bosses.

I dont play PSO 2 so I dont know much about the choices made when they programmed it but that sounds like artifical difficulty.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 9, 2015, 06:59 PM

oh yeah because all classes can have hu as a sub right?

Sanguine2009
Feb 10, 2015, 03:48 AM
oh yeah because all classes can have hu as a sub right?

actually hu is a viable* sub for every class but force. forces have mirage dash and should never get hit in the first place.

overall bosses could use better design and heals should be more limited, however i think instant kills are poor design unless its telegraphed or otherwise avoidable.

*viable, not necessarily the best sub.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Feb 10, 2015, 06:28 AM
what would i do differently i would change PP to MP and give each class different amounts of MP
i would also bring back MP restoring items
i would also change the skill trees to fit this system and make sure no class is over powered
i also would change around all the PAS to make every PA viable

i would also get rid of the ridiculous range the wolfs can jump
i would make it so you can't go to campship during boss fights

i would also make every difficulty more like an actual difficulty there wouldn't be 5 to 10 levels between them
it would go like this 1 to 50 is normal
51 to 100 is hard
101 to 150 is very hard
151 to 235 is ultimate
note your cap is 200

Kiyumi
Feb 10, 2015, 08:11 PM
I just wanted to rant about how if all the Anga blocks are full there is nothing you can do about it. Blocks 27-29 all full and I cant get in. And it wont change until JP prime time so thats like 7 hours where I cant farm Anga because blocks are full and nobody does it anywhere else. 80% of players on those blocks are afking anyways, which is stupid, but they have to afk there because of how the blocks work.

Also if youre on one of those blocks you cant go to your room to give orders to your support partner or craft. And if you dc? GG. Anyways rant over.

Mattykins
Feb 10, 2015, 08:58 PM
Amen on the blocks. I'd be happy if we had fewer but larger blocks, especially when scheduled EQs mean having to login as early as two hours before it starts just to get a spot for it, and then having to drop to a higher block anyway because your friends were a little late. >:V

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 10, 2015, 09:51 PM
did i post in here
if not i'd make pso2 fun to play

BIG OLAF
Feb 10, 2015, 09:56 PM
WHOO see what she did there? She said the same thing AGAIN to make it doubly-funny, and pretended she forgot the first time to make it -that's right, folks- triply-funny!!

Come n' check her out tonight, LIVE at the Improv! Tickets on sale for only $1.99*!

*includes two drink minimum

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 10, 2015, 10:31 PM
olaf eat a snickers

Edson Drake
Feb 10, 2015, 11:06 PM
haha

oh my

Noblewine
Feb 10, 2015, 11:06 PM
Ask SoJ to start doing mission spotlight again. That was always fun even during months of no updates.

Freshellent
Feb 10, 2015, 11:17 PM
I kind of what a new PS game so we can see different people around here again.

I didn't read any of this thread, (Cept the shit that just happened on this page) I plan to come back and do that later.

Anyway, if I was to change anything in this particular game? Few things, stuff people don't like I think. Change the loot tables, drop rates and all that business. Do some serious adjustments to the skill trees again and make the game Buy to Play, instead of Free to Play. The whole having to buy premium for things that should be in the game drives me fucking nuts.

Ditch the 1 piece armor for fleshies. I shoudn't care because CAST SUPREMACY, but for real. If I have to see another fucking stupid flesh outfit... Make accessories drop from mobs. Give us more reasons to run around and kill shit.

I liked hunting stuff. It's bad, I know, but I miss the hunt even. Maybe that's why I played so many other games and never made the time to learn this game as well as I could have.

I spent a week grinding shit in Warframe and was perfectly content, and I think I did it partly because it reminded me so much of what I missed. And I wasn't even hunting for myself, I gave the drop to a friend that wanted it pretty badly. Felt awesome, and worth my time.

Anyway, yeah. I'm sure I'll think of more stuff. They did a lot right with this game, I daresay, but goddamn did they fuck up a bunch more shit.

Maenara
Feb 10, 2015, 11:20 PM
olaf eat a snickers

I love you. Full lesbo.

BIG OLAF
Feb 10, 2015, 11:25 PM
well here i am

egg on my face

i got gotted

let me tell ya

Triple_S
Feb 11, 2015, 12:16 AM
Ask SoJ to start doing mission spotlight again. That was always fun even during months of no updates.

I know it's not the same, but I guess that's kind of what they tried to do with Featured Missions. Run the Featured Mission and the client orders, and you build up a triboost. It's really not bad, just needs more to it. More that says, "Keep running this mission," rather than, "okay just do this mission once."

Noblewine
Feb 11, 2015, 12:43 AM
I know it's not the same, but I guess that's kind of what they tried to do with Featured Missions. Run the Featured Mission and the client orders, and you build up a triboost. It's really not bad, just needs more to it. More that says, "Keep running this mission," rather than, "okay just do this mission once."

Neat so they liked it enough to put it in pso2. I think the Gm's should try to interact with their players instead though that would be better. Right?

Maenara
Feb 11, 2015, 12:47 AM
well here i am

egg on my face

i got gotted

let me tell ya

I love you too. Only 50% lesbo for you, though.

Angelo
Feb 11, 2015, 01:05 AM
Damage caps. Maybe 15000.

Come at me.

Sanguine2009
Feb 11, 2015, 01:25 AM
how about making more than 3 things in the game drop worthwhile items? as it is now anga drops all the best weapons and maggy/gigur the best units. there's pretty much no point to running anything else except for affix fodder, exp, or tacos/dcos. not to mention unless you get there hours in advance its impossible to even run anga leaving you with nothing to do after you get a set of units and run your weekly tacos. get there too late? have fun doing absolutely nothing.

then, even if you do get into a block were you can hunt anga you will be afking most of the time because its inefficient to actually play the map. what ever happened to rewarding those that actually played the game? now its just afk simulator online.

Vatallus
Feb 11, 2015, 01:58 AM
then, even if you do get into a block were you can hunt anga you will be afking most of the time because its inefficient to actually play the map. what ever happened to rewarding those that actually played the game? now its just afk simulator online.

My Ship uses b27b28/b29 for Anga. Can't even get into b27 without having prem and even then you still cant get into it 75% of the time. That said it gets really old fast killing only Anga for drops. I would like some alternatives of ways to get gear that doesn't involve crafting. I always felt crafting should of only been a band aid fix... but when a Fi/Hu can craft a 10* partizan for Fighter, use limit break and roll 10k speed rains... well I'm going to take my 13* partizan and go cry in the corner.

Not saying crafting is bad, but it seems really silly to allow things to get as far as they can. Crafts shouldn't be outdamaging the highest rarity weapons, but when you put a little effort into crafting and use a few nicely setup skill trees... well magic happens.

tl;dr 13*s really aren't the end all of weapons right now. Putting a little effort into crafting to get multiclass lets you pull out some ridiculous setups that even make 13*s look like junk. Fi main with Partizan and Limit Break vs Hu main with Partizan is just one example.

Macman
Feb 11, 2015, 03:53 AM
I just wanted to rant about how if all the Anga blocks are full there is nothing you can do about it. Blocks 27-29 all full and I cant get in. And it wont change until JP prime time so thats like 7 hours where I cant farm Anga because blocks are full and nobody does it anywhere else. 80% of players on those blocks are afking anyways, which is stupid, but they have to afk there because of how the blocks work.

Also if youre on one of those blocks you cant go to your room to give orders to your support partner or craft. And if you dc? GG. Anyways rant over.
What if... gasp... those afkers were auto-kicked to their rooms?

Nah that would ruin the illusion that PSO2 is a highly populated always-active game. Sega don't want none of that shiet.

Z-0
Feb 11, 2015, 04:01 AM
If you have actually done Anga farming, you would know that it isn't AFK'ing at all, unless you're not contributing. Most of Anga farming is killing enemies on the map, just like "normal" games, then killing Anga.

There's like... always an Anga available to kill as well, so the hunting Anga part of Anga is rather negligible. In our organised MPAs, we split people into 6 parties and an Anga will be found in less than a minute generally, so most of the time is spent on the map killing rather than running maps like people seem to think.

Macman
Feb 11, 2015, 04:32 AM
Yeah the only thing I really see different from Anga hunting and regular pug UQ runs is that you abandon as soon as Diabo spawns, which is a good thing in my opinion anyway. Oh and the Anga MPAs tend to be a lot more efficient at taking things down in general. :wacko:

If a Ribbles spawns while you're building up points to get the maximum amount of drops from Anga, that's just a bonus to me.

milranduil
Feb 11, 2015, 04:32 AM
how about making more than 3 things in the game drop worthwhile items? as it is now anga drops all the best weapons and maggy/gigur the best units. there's pretty much no point to running anything else except for affix fodder, exp, or tacos/dcos. not to mention unless you get there hours in advance its impossible to even run anga leaving you with nothing to do after you get a set of units and run your weekly tacos. get there too late? have fun doing absolutely nothing.

As much as anga spam sucks in boredom, this is like the first time where you can't solely afk visiphone yourself to victory. You HAVE to play anga if you want the best gear for most of the classes (barring fi/bo, fi/br, etc.). Meseta only gets you so much right now with how important 13*s are for getting to min/max.

Rakurai
Feb 11, 2015, 04:40 AM
I think they ought to have made 13* extremely rare zone drops in XH quests on top of having Anga Fandarge drop them, and/or made Anga Fandarge spawn as a random boss on XH.

It's kind of annoying to have the best weapons tied to a single quest.

Maenara
Feb 11, 2015, 05:13 AM
Unique 12* units that drop only from enemies in parallel worlds. Lower stats but provide special buffs, such as increase PP regen rate.

Sanguine2009
Feb 11, 2015, 05:17 AM
If you have actually done Anga farming, you would know that it isn't AFK'ing at all, unless you're not contributing. Most of Anga farming is killing enemies on the map, just like "normal" games, then killing Anga.

There's like... always an Anga available to kill as well, so the hunting Anga part of Anga is rather negligible. In our organised MPAs, we split people into 6 parties and an Anga will be found in less than a minute generally, so most of the time is spent on the map killing rather than running maps like people seem to think.

thats BS and you know it. MOST people in those blocks are AFK waiting for someone else to find an Anga, they are not down there looking. they are not playing the game. they are AFK

Vatallus
Feb 11, 2015, 05:42 AM
Between B27/b28/b29 atm on Ship 9 there is maybe enough Anga parties to fill one block. Everyone else is AFK for EQs taking up block space or sitting in the lobby waiting at the counter for someone else to find an Anga.

The other problem are those people that are very poorly geared moving to those blocks during the boost thinking they can get easy equipments. I can't tell you how annoying it is to try to do an Anga run or an EQ on those blocks and it takes 5 - 10 minutes longer than it should because you got stuck into a MPA with a bunch of "casuals" who have low end non crafted gear or don't know how to play.

I know Ship 9 is the "casual" ship but the average MPA here can beat Apos SH in 2 minutes. Multiple times on the Anga blocks I got stuck into MPAs for Luther where people took 5+ minutes to beat one SH Apos. Made me ditch the MPA and find a new block.

I'll just wait for the next boost week when I maybe have prem and can get into b27 itself easier. Maybe then things won't be so aggravating. lol

I even ended up adding about 12 people to my blacklist (all from the English teams sadly :( ... ) because they refuse to look for a 2nd Anga and just pipe asap to run to the next MPA. I'll remove them later when I am done Anga farming... So probably after maint. I know blacklist doesn't stop MPA request, but it will at least stop them from using my party to get in.

milranduil
Feb 11, 2015, 05:45 AM
thats BS and you know it. MOST people in those blocks are AFK waiting for someone else to find an Anga, they are not down there looking. they are not playing the game. they are AFK

Except.... what do they do once anga is found anyway? They have to go down and fight mobs and kill it... you know, play the game. People who afk DOWN THERE? Yeah, doesn't happen often, but I see them left for dead by anyone in the MPA if they are. RIP their drop boost.

Noblewine
Feb 11, 2015, 04:47 PM
I see drop rates and working as a team is still a problem as usual with Sega.

I put more easter eggs in their games to add replay value to their game.

Macman
Feb 11, 2015, 08:16 PM
One thing that drives me up the wall is when I got partymates looking for Anga and I'm browsing the party list and they're almost ALL default quest name with no helpful information. (in both Japanese and English of course. You people realize you're broadcasting that you're using a modded client, right?)

Those are the real leeches who likely aren't helping kill things anyway.

Edit: makes me wish they'd adopt PSO1's old "gotta tag an enemy to get credit" system but that would be way too much hassle in legitimate situations.

Kiyumi
Feb 11, 2015, 08:31 PM
One thing that drives me up the wall is when I got partymates looking for Anga and I'm browsing the party list and they're almost ALL default quest name with no helpful information. (in both Japanese and English of course. You people realize you're broadcasting that you're using a modded client, right?)

Those are the real leeches who likely aren't helping kill things anyway.

Edit: makes me wish they'd adopt PSO1's old "gotta tag an enemy to get credit" system but that would be way too much hassle in legitimate situations.

I really dont understand all the complaints about leechers, etc. Ive never seen anyone just standing around watching other people kill stuff. And anyways with rare boosters, you want to kill stuff as fast as possible to make the most of your booster.

Is ship 2 and the EN speakers really that bad?

Z-0
Feb 11, 2015, 08:39 PM
Leeching doesn't necessarily mean doing nothing, it means not fully pulling your weight because you refuse to make basic gear or something. In TD, it's so often to see someone doing 1,000~2,000 damage per hit and doing absolutely no damage in comparison to others because they don't know how to do more damage, or won't optimise in any way for more damage.

Nobody expects people to do 500,000 damage every hit, but in a co-operative situation it's nice to see people do an amount that isn't almost negligible.

Macman
Feb 11, 2015, 09:06 PM
It's not even about their gear. It's just they aren't helping spawn Angas and thus making the process worse for everyone else in the block, all because they're too damn lazy to check 3-4 rooms.

Cortte
Feb 12, 2015, 01:03 AM
I agree with a lot of posters here that crit should deal more damage than just peak, but I also think it shouldn't be double right off the bat. Getting 70% crit in this game is way too easy and that would make everything die crazily fast.

They should add a new stat with a crit reform that is Additional Damage of Criticals. Then have set bonuses increase that stat, or affixes that do the same, drinks that increase it. I feel like THIS is a good way to balance all classes, because then any class can do great damage if they have high ADoC.

Imagine a FI/BR with full crit damage gear and using Shunka once again. Or a launchers Sphere Eraser getting more bang for its buck. This however would also mean seriously boosting mob HP, as a RA/BR like myself can kill SH bosses in one Last Nemesis anyway, and if I were to crit LN with WB on then that would mean dealing over 600k+ damage with that single shot, and Banish Arrow repeating it. 1.2m? insanity.

Xaelouse
Feb 12, 2015, 01:23 AM
If you're making criticals more worthwhile for everything, then do the same for DEX.

yoshiblue
Feb 12, 2015, 01:25 AM
Could have a system that allows you to throw dex points into weapon specialization. Think of it like FFII, only instead of constant usage for build up (Heh, dual shields), you just throw dex points into it. Or PA crafting for your weapons without the crafting part.

isCasted
Feb 12, 2015, 04:27 AM
I actually like that crits don't affect gameplay much in this game, but at this point they might as well get removed entirely. I know some people might jump in and start "durr, unique builds!!!", but face it - it's an RNG mechanic that adds zero value to action side of the game. And it's also as outdated as hit/miss system, which PSO2, luckily, ditched.

Eternal255
Feb 12, 2015, 11:18 AM
I actually like that crits don't affect gameplay much in this game, but at this point they might as well get removed entirely. I know some people might jump in and start "durr, unique builds!!!", but face it - it's an RNG mechanic that adds zero value to action side of the game. And it's also as outdated as hit/miss system, which PSO2, luckily, ditched.

Nah. I'll take my 70-100% crit chance with 115%+ crit damage bonus tyvm. dump all my points into s-atk and dont even worry about dex.

i think the main thing i would change is the loot system. i dont play this game enough anymore to ever get anything decent and im sure a lot of people are the same. I got a ton of meseta with nothing to spend it on. Been hunting lavis blade since it came out and now its practically useless. But i still want it .-. would be nice if they didnt restrict buying/selling, etc. like they originally had.

maybe have some more game modes that are more challenging as well. some cool unique weapons and special abilities, like pso1 had. basically i would just want them to add in or change a lot of things to how pso1 had. pso2 style combat with pso1 mechanics or somethin

Noblewine
Feb 12, 2015, 09:10 PM
For starters make the music better. *sarcasm* I'm trolling.

Seriously, moderate your game better.... this time I'm not trolling.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 13, 2015, 12:52 AM
I kind of what a new PS game so we can see different people around here again.

I didn't read any of this thread, (Cept the shit that just happened on this page) I plan to come back and do that later.

Anyway, if I was to change anything in this particular game? Few things, stuff people don't like I think. Change the loot tables, drop rates and all that business. Do some serious adjustments to the skill trees again and make the game Buy to Play, instead of Free to Play. The whole having to buy premium for things that should be in the game drives me fucking nuts.

Ditch the 1 piece armor for fleshies. I shoudn't care because CAST SUPREMACY, but for real. If I have to see another fucking stupid flesh outfit... Make accessories drop from mobs. Give us more reasons to run around and kill shit.

I liked hunting stuff. It's bad, I know, but I miss the hunt even. Maybe that's why I played so many other games and never made the time to learn this game as well as I could have.

I spent a week grinding shit in Warframe and was perfectly content, and I think I did it partly because it reminded me so much of what I missed. And I wasn't even hunting for myself, I gave the drop to a friend that wanted it pretty badly. Felt awesome, and worth my time.

Anyway, yeah. I'm sure I'll think of more stuff. They did a lot right with this game, I daresay, but goddamn did they fuck up a bunch more shit.

I'll just Quote this because I fully agree with it, while adding something that I forgot to add last time.

-Design the game in such a way that set-ups that aren't pure DPS are viable and fun, instead of something that gets you laughed at.

Valen13
Feb 14, 2015, 06:35 AM
I would probably give certain PAs vertical tracking. I don't think it would be that bad id some of the Wired Lance PAs could grab an aerial foes when your on the ground.

Selphea
Feb 14, 2015, 08:23 AM

It's a universal damage increase with Fighter's Crit Strike skill. Works with S/R/T equally well, not to mention the double dip capability with Vol/Banish. I'd say it adds more depth than most of the silly one-dimentional damage bonuses that seem to be there just to be there.

Pericles757
Feb 15, 2015, 11:42 AM
im still stuck at the sega ID captcha lol