PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Luther(Loser)

saraishadow
Jan 24, 2015, 09:43 PM
Haven't seen 'Ebon Winged Vanguard' EQ in a long while or it's usually once a week at a time I can't run it because school or work. (1 in the fcking morning)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 24, 2015, 09:51 PM
Could of sworn there was one the other day....

Edit: Probably could of asked this in the Questions Thread :P

Kiyumi
Jan 24, 2015, 10:26 PM
I saw it yesterday.

Im wondering what happened to Magatsu. Its like they deleted him because they messed up the drop table.

Shinamori
Jan 24, 2015, 10:31 PM
Nah, Magatsu still runs. Had him yesterday in ship4. :V Loser is on vacation. :V

Gardios
Jan 24, 2015, 10:36 PM
There was one Magatsu yesterday on ship 2 as well.

wefwq
Jan 25, 2015, 12:15 AM
With all of those schedulled EQ, the unschedulled one will have hard time to show up, especially the old one like Lead Border-breaker (they'll release XH version on next update), Volcanic and Desert Guirellas.

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2015, 12:42 AM
He went home to be a family man.

There were 2-3 Luthers a few days ago.

strikerhunter
Jan 25, 2015, 12:52 AM
Nah, Magatsu still runs. Had him yesterday in ship4. :V Loser is on vacation. :V

Reminds back when Elder was still the thing and before Scheduled EQ became a thing, Elder went on a long vacation and came back in time for the 1st anniversary with a whole lot of adamants.

With all of those schedulled EQ, the unschedulled one will have hard time to show up, especially the old one like Lead Border-breaker (they'll release XH version on next update), Volcanic and Desert Guirellas.

This is why I preferred when we had unscheduled EQs over scheduled.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 01:15 AM
Whatever happened to Beckoning Darkness(Mothership EQ)? I haven't seen that in months.

Shady3011
Jan 25, 2015, 03:43 AM
Whatever happened to Beckoning Darkness(Mothership EQ)? I haven't seen that in months.

It's a scheduled only EQ. There's one tonight at 10PM PST and happens to coincide with the 50% XP boost.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 04:12 AM
It's a scheduled only EQ.

Yes, but... why? All the other schedule-only EQs are ones that don't canonically make sense, as in "Why would there be Naberius natives on Vopar?" or "Why are dragonkin attacking an Arks ship?".

Beckoning Darkness canonically makes sense, and the only thing it has in common with those other EQs is that everything is infected... which is a terrible excuse!

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2015, 04:26 AM

I'm pretty sure they broke those multi-EQs. I haven't seen anyone point it out.
Once they started adding XH, even if "Lilipa" EQ hits, it's always only the new XH EQ.
I think Amduscia has the same problem.

Might be intentional, as part of their "drip-feeding".

I just did two of them this past week or so. Got a ton of EXP.
And yes, it's schedule-only which is stupid.
Seems like most or all of the "all enemies are boosted" are schedule-only.
Probably SEGA's poor way of trying to balance their mangled economy.

wefwq
Jan 25, 2015, 04:27 AM
I'm pretty sure they broke those multi-EQs. I haven't seen anyone point it out.
Once they started adding XH, even if "Lilipa" EQ hits, it's always only the new XH EQ.
I think Amduscia has the same problem.

Might be intentional, as part of their "drip-feeding".
They keep doing that since they want "new" EQ being hot shit and keep throwing it out to our face until we all got tired of it.
Exception for big boss EQ like Falzes, they seems to limit the schedulle for these kind of quest my guess is to make more player online and camp until they shown up.

Yes, but... why? All the other schedule-only EQs are ones that don't canonically make sense, as in "Why would there be Naberius natives on Vopar?" or "Why are dragonkin attacking an Arks ship?".

Beckoning Darkness canonically makes sense, and the only thing it has in common with those other EQs is that everything is infected... which is a terrible excuse!
They want to seek revenge to all ARKS for being genocide only because muh rares and exp!

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2015, 04:33 AM
Or incentive. "Hmm, looks like not many people playing PSO2 this week. Time to schedule the lots of exp EQ!"

.Jack
Jan 25, 2015, 04:35 AM
It appeared a day or two ago. Check the schedule, it's not a very uncommon EQ.

Rakurai
Jan 25, 2015, 04:50 AM
They seem to ramp up the appearance rate of the newer EQs whenever they're released.

I've only seen one non-scheduled Loser EQ in the past month or so.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 05:05 AM
It appeared a day or two ago. Check the schedule, it's not a very uncommon EQ.

All things considered, it's still technically one of the rarest EQs, discounting event EQs.

Neith
Jan 25, 2015, 07:12 AM
They seem to ramp up the appearance rate of the newer EQs whenever they're released.

I've only seen one non-scheduled Loser EQ in the past month or so.

Yeah, all it seems to be lately is the Big Vardha EQ and Tower Defense 2 :disapprove: I don't think I've done DF Luther in a couple of weeks to be honest, never seems to be on when I can play anymore.

Isn't there a Vopal Coast EQ? If there is I don't think I've ever got to do it :lol: (same deal for Mothership, I think I've ran it about 2-3 times since it was added as it's always on way too early or way too late for me).

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2015, 09:06 AM
What I mean is, when Lilipa EQ popped, it used to be Big Vardha + Desert Guerrillas + Border Break.

After they put XH Desert Guerrillas in, it was only ever that.
Now they put XH Vardha in, and sometimes it will be either Vardha only, or Guerillas only.
Never both anymore. I don't think we've had a single Border Break since XH was implemented.
I know because I've been wanting to do it.

So, in other words, multi-EQ system has essentially been removed.

wefwq
Jan 25, 2015, 09:15 AM
What I mean is, when Lilipa EQ popped, it used to be Big Vardha + Desert Guerrillas + Border Break.

After they put XH Desert Guerrillas in, it was only ever that.
Now they put XH Vardha in, and sometimes it will be either Vardha only, or Guerillas only.
Never both anymore. I don't think we've had a single Border Break since XH was implemented.
I know because I've been wanting to do it.

So, in other words, multi-EQ system has essentially been removed.
There's almost no point for making multiple EQ available at the same time.

When there's 3 EQ available for lillipan, everyone just smearing all over the cougar metalic blade while ignore the rest.

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2015, 10:24 AM
Yeah, that's true. Although, the last few times we had the multi EQ, it seemed like more people did Vardha than Border Break.
That was during +rare enemy or +exp boosts.
Can't imagine why King Vardha was > chance of Tagamikaduchi.

Walkure
Jan 25, 2015, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't put King Vardha above two mizers and two cougars for lots of good unit drops. Unicorn is just icing on top.

saraishadow
Jan 25, 2015, 07:27 PM
From what I've seen from sega, we'll see more of him once XH drops for him *Shudders*

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 07:33 PM
I hope they give XH Loser 128 million HP for lulz.

Cyber Meteor
Jan 25, 2015, 07:56 PM

I like this idea but i have a better idea, give him some additional movement to his attacks. For example, when he's spinning fast, he does it twice, one turn on usual ground another in the air (for those who jumped:-P); or time stop attack: luther get back to the arena while the flying swords are "activated"(even if destroyed) and actually makes the safe areas dangerous with fire ground or wide sword attacks or anything else so that you can be almost forced to get to a dangerous area (those new attacks would be dodgeable actually to ensure you can stay in safe area the whole attack). Another idea is fast teleporting stabs, making him teleporting extremely fast and more times so a huge portion of the area can get stabbed in no time.

Well that's some ideas i have, but there are others possibilities.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 08:05 PM
Alternatively, give him 1 billion HP. Not even the most elitist of MPAs could kill him in the 30 minute time limit, and that'd be delicious.

Gardios
Jan 25, 2015, 08:09 PM
And no one would do him because he'd drop crap.

wefwq
Jan 25, 2015, 08:10 PM
I don't see why wouldn't they pull it out since we already see major ramp on elder's HP.

Maenara
Jan 25, 2015, 08:11 PM
And no one would do him because he'd drop crap.

Make him drop 14*s on XH.

milranduil
Jan 25, 2015, 08:33 PM

According to extrapolation data for SH -> XH, he'll have 94.5mil hp.
http://lulls32moen.web.fc2.com/pso2_ehp_etc_61-80.html

saraishadow
Jan 26, 2015, 08:20 AM
I like this idea but i have a better idea, give him some additional movement to his attacks. For example, when he's spinning fast, he does it twice, one turn on usual ground another in the air (for those who jumped:-P); or time stop attack: luther get back to the arena while the flying swords are "activated"(even if destroyed) and actually makes the safe areas dangerous with fire ground or wide sword attacks or anything else so that you can be almost forced to get to a dangerous area (those new attacks would be dodgeable actually to ensure you can stay in safe area the whole attack). Another idea is fast teleporting stabs, making him teleporting extremely fast and more times so a huge portion of the area can get stabbed in no time.

Well that's some ideas i have, but there are others possibilities.

Remember people, your idea of a challenge isn't always as fun as it sounds on paper (or in a forum post).

Flaoc
Jan 26, 2015, 09:05 AM
http://lulls32moen.web.fc2.com/pso2_ehp_etc_61-80.html

welp no way pubs can win.. time to start organizing luthers when xh rolls

Walkure
Jan 26, 2015, 09:15 AM
http://lulls32moen.web.fc2.com/pso2_ehp_etc_61-80.htmlSo like ~5x HP (since he was measured to have like 18.5M HP)? Then again, Luther could just not scale as hard, or power creep could happen on the way that'd make it more manageable.

welp no way pubs can win.. time to start organizing luthers when xh rollsI can already imagine the Dorito Pillars on XH in a random MPA.

hoangsea
Jan 26, 2015, 09:59 AM
still looking for luther EQ
i need that judgement heart :-?