PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Sakai01/23: Regarding Megatsu Drop, Lag and PSO2es

Sizustar
Jan 26, 2015, 05:50 AM
This is Sakai, the producer of PSO2

The update on 01/14 Megatsu Drop rate increase and 01/21 PA Chain Finish change has been complete

On 01/23 we learn about the overabundnce drop of 10*+ on N/H/VH setting.

Although some player feel this isn't a problem, but if left unaddressed it will cause harm to the ingame economy and balance of the game, In order to continue runing the game, and for player to continue to enjoy it, we hope player understand the need for this change.

The specific on Megatsu change

01/28
Normal and Hard difficulity will no longer drop rare higher then 10*
Very Hard will reduce drop rate on 10* and 11*
Xtra Hard will increase drop rate on 12* and Stone

In order to prevent to this from happening again, we will review our patch process and make necessary changes

Beside this, we also acknowledge that Episode 3 balance change, UQ Ship sitting, it was not as easy as we had thought, and making change that the players don't like.

Due to the recent Megatsu change, we are currently looking into compensation that we hope players will like

And we are also aware of the lag problem, and are working on it, we are making daily log and analyzing the situation, instead of the past announceing change, we are looking at new solution to reduce server load.

We know that the writing in the game is causing unnecessary load on the server, and there are also alot of other cause, we need time to figure out a solution.

Regarding PSO2es, the lag, login problem, problem with lag and the EQ, and twitter and all other problem, we are very sorry.
We are also sorry for the number of new problem for every new fix we make for each EQ, so the team is going to review it's process and make necessary change.

We are sorry for bring so many problem at the beginning of the new year, in order for player to be able to enjoy PSO2, we will try to fix everything as fast as possible.

Regarding the new 7-11 Collab, and the Live broadcast on 2/1, we will have more info next week.

I am sorry.

Source:
http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11980724140.html

Dephinix
Jan 26, 2015, 05:55 AM
"Sorry loses its worth the more you say it".
I am glad it's at least being noted openly though.

Edson Drake
Jan 26, 2015, 05:55 AM
We know that the writing in the game is causing unnecessary load on the server, and there are also alot of other cause, we need time to figure out a solution.

What? Is story mode going to be disabled too?

AzurEnd
Jan 26, 2015, 06:00 AM
Due to the recent Megatsu change, we are currently looking into compensation that we hope players will like

Oh, Boy! I hope it that new Tri-booster ive been eyeing hur!
Maybe even a Free Makeover Pass to make myself all prettyful.

Also on a serious note I hadnt really noticed many of the issues with PSO2es. Guess I was just lucky.

Sizustar
Jan 26, 2015, 06:02 AM

No, that's talking about when you look for NPC, how it goes through the whole server, similiar to how you search, instead of just find the top, it goes through everything.

Dephinix
Jan 26, 2015, 06:03 AM

I would hope this is related to like, TAs and stuff. Nab II, Amdu, and Sanctum have too much clutter that just gets in the way.

Edson Drake
Jan 26, 2015, 06:09 AM
No, that's talking about when you look for NPC, how it goes through the whole server, similiar to how you search, instead of just find the top, it goes through everything.

Ah that's a relief, still it's a shame they still haven't figured out how to fix that one yet.

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2015, 09:58 AM
but if left unaddressed it will cause harm to the ingame economy and balance of the game

I actually laughed when I read that.

Tri-boosts, hell yeah!
What about compensation for all the boosts everyone used during Christmas boosts before they fixed Magatsu's abysmal drop rate?

And we are also aware of the lag problem, and are working on it, we are making daily log and analyzing the situation, instead of the past announceing change, we are looking at new solution to reduce server load.

Shit, there go the remaining chairs in the lobby.

The writing...? Maybe because there are so many text-based commands for everything. Wouldn't be surprised if the client<->server involves processing entire text strings.

We are sorry for bring so many problem at the beginning of the new year

I just wonder what they've been doing instead. We're still in ULTRA DRIPFEED MODE, worse than ever before.

Maenara
Jan 26, 2015, 10:01 AM
Protip: If you have the strip out features to remove 'unnecessary' lag, then the lag isn't unnecessary.

wefwq
Jan 26, 2015, 10:24 AM
Goddamnit SEGA still don't know what kind of bloat on their own game that makes the entire server laggy, maybe they just should just remove the remaining chair on the lobby.

pkemr4
Jan 26, 2015, 01:26 PM
because magetsu was totally the only thing ruining the economy

"En"
Jan 26, 2015, 01:33 PM
Taking all bets: what is Sega going to lobotomize to reduce lag this time?

HopelessHero
Jan 26, 2015, 01:36 PM
Okay, I spent like an hour trying to figure out how to embed a video in my reply, because if I could it was gonna be hilarious, but since i can't figure out how, I need you to bear with me, PSO-W community.

Sakai: "We're sorry. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw)"

Maenara
Jan 26, 2015, 01:37 PM

Chat macros.

Z-0
Jan 26, 2015, 01:46 PM
You get the same amount of cubes from SH so I wonder what they're gonna do. ・。・v Probably nerf that too so people finally play XH, although I'm not sure what to think of that because XH is boring as fuck.

EvilMag
Jan 26, 2015, 01:49 PM
Want me to play XH? Then nerf his HP. I'm sorry if that makes it sound like I'm whining but I'm seriously tired of this game being balanced around WB. It worries me that Sega is going the route that most MMO developers do. "Don't bother putting effort making the boss hard just give him a fuckton of HP. There that's challenging!"

Z-0
Jan 26, 2015, 01:50 PM
Even with WB, XH has way too much HP. Hitting a boss for 3 minutes is not very fun at all in PSO2. It's just not the kind of game that works with huge HP stuff.

Maenara
Jan 26, 2015, 02:00 PM
It's not a boss in the traditional sense. Magatsu isn't designed to be a boss in PSO2's regular format.

Xaeris
Jan 26, 2015, 02:54 PM
At the very least, a boss needs enough HP so that it can live long enough to actually fight. You can give an enemy the most intricate and deadly mechanics imaginable, but they don't mean poop if the boss is as good as dead the moment it takes a knee. Moreover, XH just landed and is sure to last us another level cap or two at least. It makes sense to me the HP is balanced with our future power in mind. Besides, I don't think it's a terrible thing for enemies not to evaporate before they even finish spawning.

Maenara
Jan 26, 2015, 02:57 PM
Currently, the level requirements of difficulties are: 0, 20, 40, 50, 70. If the pattern continues, the next difficulty will require level 90, and the one after that will require level 100.

Walkure
Jan 26, 2015, 03:04 PM
It's like Lao Shan-Lung and Jhen Mohran in the Monster Hunter series. Which means, basically, yes it's supposed to be really boring and arduous unless you do the optimal damaging strategy at which point it becomes an okay thing to farm occasionally.

Kiyumi
Jan 26, 2015, 03:31 PM
Thanks for sharing Sizustar.

Oh look, comments from the developer letting the playerbase know they are aware of problems is met by sarcastic, crude, and plain childish comments from entitled, whiny EN kids. Who would have guessed. Really the gaming community is filled with so much trash if I was a developer I would just say stuff like "fuck you" and add artificial lag just to piss off gamers.

"wah wah wah you gave us 500 excubes and a triboost but we deserve more!" Guess what people. You dont deserve shit.

Anyways have fun in your Lets all gather here to complain Sakai/SEGA/PSO2 sucks!!1@ thread.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 26, 2015, 03:52 PM
sarcastic, crude, and plain childish comments from entitled, whiny EN kids

Huh.

Really the gaming community is filled with so much trash if I was a developer I would just say stuff like "fuck you" and add artificial lag just to piss off gamers.

Crude, childish, entitled, whiny...(out of a job)

"wah wah wah you gave us 500 excubes and a triboost but we deserve more!" Guess what people. You dont deserve shit.

Crude, childish, whiny...

Anyways have fun in your Lets all gather here to complain Sakai/SEGA/PSO2 sucks!!1@ thread.

Sarcastic, crude, childish...

Interesting. You fit the bill better than most other posts here. Fascinating.

HopelessHero
Jan 26, 2015, 04:02 PM
Must be cold up there on that high horse.

Kiyumi
Jan 26, 2015, 04:02 PM
Huh.

Crude, childish, entitled, whiny...(out of a job)

Crude, childish, whiny...

Sarcastic, crude, childish...

Interesting. You fit the bill better than most other posts here. Fascinating.

Clearly you didnt read the thread. Or you like a forum filled with complaining or sarcastic posts about Sakai/SEGA/PSO2.

Anyways derail success?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 26, 2015, 04:15 PM
Clearly you didnt read the thread. Or you like a forum filled with complaining or sarcastic posts about Sakai/SEGA/PSO2.

Did you read the thread? There's actually not very many posts matching your description in this thread, and I'm pretty sure some of them were made by non-EN players, invalidating the whole racist aspect of your previous criticism. There's far more actually relevant discussion going on than you give credit for. But no, you had to talk like 75%+ of the posts were just "wah wah Sega sucks!" and deliberately derail the thread yourself in the process. Nice going.

Kiyumi
Jan 26, 2015, 04:53 PM
Did you read the thread? There's actually not very many posts matching your description in this thread, and I'm pretty sure some of them were made by non-EN players, invalidating the whole racist aspect of your previous criticism. There's far more actually relevant discussion going on than you give credit for. But no, you had to talk like 75%+ of the posts were just "wah wah Sega sucks!" and deliberately derail the thread yourself in the process. Nice going.

Seeing posts like these:
[SPOILER-BOX]
Oh, Boy! I hope it that new Tri-booster ive been eyeing hur!
Maybe even a Free Makeover Pass to make myself all prettyful.

I actually laughed when I read that.

Tri-boosts, hell yeah!
What about compensation for all the boosts everyone used during Christmas boosts before they fixed Magatsu's abysmal drop rate?

Shit, there go the remaining chairs in the lobby.

I just wonder what they've been doing instead. We're still in ULTRA DRIPFEED MODE, worse than ever before.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

People have zero respect for game developers and expect every little problem and complaint they have to be fixed immediately along with tons of free handouts. Its not just this game, or this forum, its everywhere and its disgusting.

If there was more legitimate discussion, great.

Macman
Jan 26, 2015, 04:55 PM
I'm pretty sure they're poking fun at Sega's lack of sincerity in forms of compensation rather than just idly bitching.
"Eh throw a 100% triboost at them." Is their solution to EVERYTHING short of nuking people's harddrives.

Sacrificial
Jan 26, 2015, 04:56 PM
Want me to play XH? Then nerf his HP. I'm sorry if that makes it sound like I'm whining but I'm seriously tired of this game being balanced around WB. It worries me that Sega is going the route that most MMO developers do. "Don't bother putting effort making the boss hard just give him a fuckton of HP. There that's challenging!"

Not that there is any real good solution to this. Theres 12 ppl. Each should be able to do several ten thousands to several hundred thousands in just a few seconds. Add wb to that and it turns into a shitton of damage.

To still give it boss/demi god feeling for 12 people. You either have to give it a shitton of hp. shitton of speed in any form or a shitton of CC. Not one option is fun and you know it.

Vampy
Jan 26, 2015, 05:13 PM
Seeing posts like these:
[SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]

People have zero respect for game developers and expect every little problem and complaint they have to be fixed immediately along with tons of free handouts. Its not just this game, or this forum, its everywhere and its disgusting.

I can't blame them in all honesty there is entitlement and then there is wanting to hold developers accountable their "compensation" usually is a couple of tri-boosts here or there. In my opinion they should keep those tri-boosts they should learn how their own game functions. Sure now saying I am an experienced developer but when just patching the game erases files off my hard drive should I just sit there and twiddle my thumbs as if nothing wrong is going? Should I just sit and watch as more and more features are stripped until I am left with nothing but just the free fields and nothing else? "Oh hey this seems to be causing severe amounts of lag let's just remove it and not try to fix or recode what might be the cause issue." I can go for a long while here but sega doesn't seem to care if the game functions properly or not they just care that it's lining their pockets.

Kiyumi
Jan 26, 2015, 06:16 PM
I can't blame them in all honesty there is entitlement and then there is wanting to hold developers accountable their "compensation" usually is a couple of tri-boosts here or there. In my opinion they should keep those tri-boosts they should learn how their own game functions. Sure now saying I am an experienced developer but when just patching the game erases files off my hard drive should I just sit there and twiddle my thumbs as if nothing wrong is going? Should I just sit and watch as more and more features are stripped until I am left with nothing but just the free fields and nothing else? "Oh hey this seems to be causing severe amounts of lag let's just remove it and not try to fix or recode what might be the cause issue." I can go for a long while here but sega doesn't seem to care if the game functions properly or not they just care that it's lining their pockets.

Well if its anything they need to find ways to reduce server load but the way the system engine works its outdated. If I have PSO2 open in the background not playing it, my CPU usage is at 70% and the fan starts running on high. I cant skype with anyone with PSO2 open because the fan is so loud they cant hear me.

I do have a low-end laptop but I really think a game should not be using up so much processing power when its inactive.

AzurEnd
Jan 26, 2015, 06:17 PM

Its called sarcasm something you cant exactly portray or receive very well over the internet. It really was just poking fun at SEGA and their tendency to throw Tri-boosters at everything.

and yes I know how hard Game Development can be one little thing can screw over so many other things it gets frustrating quickly and the fact they can do that for hours on end as a job without going insane is amazing.

Personally I dont care what we get as compensation because free stuff is free stuff.

Noblewine
Jan 26, 2015, 06:19 PM

1)IP ban more interner/cable businesses or reduce the graphics/attack animations in everything.
2) ???????
3) Profit? I.e. scratch cards for exclusives hairstyles/outfits/lobby actions.

NoiseHERO
Jan 26, 2015, 06:34 PM
change mpa player count to 6.

Gardios
Jan 26, 2015, 06:35 PM
Geez, and when you thought their coding couldn't possibly be any worse...

Achelousaurus
Jan 27, 2015, 05:17 AM
1)IP ban more interner/cable businesses or reduce the graphics/attack animations in everything.
2) ???????
3) Profit? I.e. scratch cards for exclusives hairstyles/outfits/lobby actions.
YESSS!!!
The game is one of the biggest clusterfucks I have ever seen. Even FF that always has huge animations doesn't hold a andle to it.
Often it's so bad I can't see my own character nor the enemy so I have to use lockon just to check if there is an enemy.
If FX didn't simply add up and whiteout from a few uses simultaneously we may actually be able to play this game properly.

Not to much cluttering the screen even more with far too long e-code screens and whatnot.
The visibility is abysmal and I can't think of any other game remotely this bad.

TaigaUC
Jan 27, 2015, 06:08 AM
Maybe they'll remove some of those macros that people spam before gem breaking or when step dashing.

Terrence
Jan 27, 2015, 06:22 AM
Thanks for sharing Sizustar.

Oh look, comments from the developer letting the playerbase know they are aware of problems is met by sarcastic, crude, and plain childish comments from entitled, whiny EN kids. Who would have guessed. Really the gaming community is filled with so much trash if I was a developer I would just say stuff like "fuck you" and add artificial lag just to piss off gamers.

So true (sadly). All those whining ones didn't play many things from other developers to dare saying SEGA is incompetent and/or doesn't give a damn about players.

Poyonche
Jan 27, 2015, 06:33 AM
change mpa player count to 4, parties to 2.

Fixed

Misaki Ki
Jan 27, 2015, 06:39 AM
Totally reminds me of this (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11370519420.html).

ShinMaruku
Jan 27, 2015, 06:46 AM
These guys are making Sonic team look like they have no equal.

TaigaUC
Jan 28, 2015, 03:14 AM
Magatsu Pity Package:
Triboosts get!
100% success rate, too.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 28, 2015, 03:22 AM
I'm still not entirely sure what's going on here.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 28, 2015, 04:35 AM
On 01/23 we learn about the overabundnce drop of 10*+ on N/H/VH setting.

Although some player feel this isn't a problem, but if left unaddressed it will cause harm to the ingame economy and balance of the game, [/url]

This^
Good Move i think, i see it would destroy the economy over time tbh, the more excubes the more funpoints = $$$ and less people would buy 20%s from sellers. etc...

Kiyumi
Jan 28, 2015, 04:43 AM
This^
Good Move i think, i see it would destroy the economy over time tbh, the more excubes the more funpoints = $$$ and less people would buy 20%s from sellers. etc...

Yeah they really messed up the drop rates. They should have fixed it with emergency maintenance. Youll have the tryhard exploiters crying they cant get 1000 cheap excubes every time anymore. However the damage has been done.

If anything I think the drop rates are still too high.

Selphea
Jan 28, 2015, 07:40 AM
When a Japanese corporate person says sorry, chances are they actually mean it.

Of course, good intentions and good results aren't always aligned, but hey at least they're trying.

Z-0
Jan 28, 2015, 09:01 AM
Yeah they really messed up the drop rates. They should have fixed it with emergency maintenance. Youll have the tryhard exploiters crying they cant get 1000 cheap excubes every time anymore. However the damage has been done.

If anything I think the drop rates are still too high.
You're really angry that people like to play with friends and do well, aren't you? Number one though, nobody is doing "cheap exploits", they're just playing with friends and working together, which I thought is what part of this game is about, but maybe I'm wrong.... Here's one of our 200+ cube runs on VH (http://www.twitch.tv/karma_dragon/c/5974937), just for reference, not perfect either, could probably have squeezed some more runs in if we didn't mess up! (Leorina also crashed at :59 which wasn't helpful)

Number two, people will still be getting over 200+ cubes in SH if they were doing it in VH, so this nerf essentially is not going to do much.

And finally, for someone who is really anti-elitist (apparently), you are acting pretty elitist.
Anyway, on-topic:

[spoiler-box]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8bapsXCUAE3RTS.png:large[/spoiler-box]
Random pic of someone who did 3 runs of Magatsu on Ship 3 or 5. They got 2 10*s with a 250%, lol (no daily boost or team boost, though).

LonelyGaruga
Jan 28, 2015, 12:25 PM
That was VH? That's abysmal.

Misaki Ki
Jan 28, 2015, 04:52 PM
[...] they're just playing with friends and working together, which I thought is what part of this game is about, but maybe I'm wrong....

They're focused more on the 'meeting new friends' mindset rather than playing with your current friends. They stated that before, but mostly when they changed how MPAs worked and added restrictions to how long you can be in them.

I don't like it, but it partially shows why they do the things they do.