PDA

View Full Version : How important is having premium for end game?

Karazykid
Jan 26, 2015, 05:57 AM
I'm only at level 40, but I imagine at some point I'm going to need to start getting 10* and better gear which I know I'm not lucky enough to find and I can't buy without a pass. And then there's the crafting I haven't really gotten into yet and everything else. So does there come a point where you start to feel maybe not handicapped but penalized for not having premium?

Dephinix
Jan 26, 2015, 06:02 AM
It's not necessary, just makes life easier. End game you want Anga/13* weapons, which you can't trade, so it won't matter
at the very end. My non-prem friend just got an Anga Wand, I don't believe he has any complaints!

suzaku0zero0
Jan 26, 2015, 06:03 AM
everything is doable without premium. Premium just cuts down the time to get/enhance good stuff.

When you get to a high lv to do ultimate there are 13* weapons and many obtainable 11* weapon/units via extreme quest drops. just save up rare drop boost and collect extreme quest passes every day

Rare drop boost can be collected via exchanging excubes or completing titles or the occasional bingo

Edson Drake
Jan 26, 2015, 06:06 AM
I think you can live without it, but with the convenience of having 40+ cos, entering full blocks, full access to My Shop, My Room, passes and Premium Storage, it's hard to go back.

Alma
Jan 26, 2015, 06:10 AM
ya, its mostly for convenience benefit.
while you can live without it, its hard to go back to freemium after you taste premium :wacko:

elryan
Jan 26, 2015, 09:28 AM
Not important. You can still be a non-premium player and still carry parties.

The weapon you're looking for would be Bio series weapon from Extreme Quest shop (+6% JA @ Lv.1 potential, all-class). Good for most purposes.

The exception would be if you are using Dual Blade. You can do Zieg's client order to get the Dual Blade (+5% power if extended @ Lv.1 potential) which synergies well with Craft Mastery.

Quick and dirty, easily obtainable units:

S-ATK:
Option 1: 11* units from Extreme Quest works wonder because they give +90 SATK and good survivability. Pick S-DEF ones for obvious reason.
Option 2: 11* units from Zieg will give +100 SATK and even more survivability. The catch is that you need to use 11* weapons from Zieg as well or they will fall behind the 11* ExQ Units (most of them have shit potential minus the Dual Blade).

R-ATK:
Affordable and effective, but not cheap. Craft Tian Rin + Tian En + any leg unit up to Ex.8 R-DEF (special 10 PP). Gives you +90 RATK +40 PP total!

Of course you can aim for exotic units like Saiki / Magatsu but they aren't easy to come across. Happy hunting!

tl;dr do ExQ alot and you won't ever need Premium.

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2015, 09:40 AM
I've never bought premium, but back in the first year they compensated for special maintenance with 3x1 day premium tickets, for people who had spent some AC.
I got lucky and used those to pile up 10/11 star weapon/unit trade tickets.

That being said, my friend doesn't have premium but they have good gear. Was a huge pain to get it though (luck-based).
Premium is definitely not necessary, it just makes various things a lot easier.
If you do decide to get premium, make sure you stock up on 10/11 stars beforehand so that you can pile up on trade tickets.

Also, it's not that hard to get decent gear now. It's just annoying if you want something specific.

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2015, 01:48 PM
You guys forgot that you can trade with other premium users and drop gift boxes in other players rooms D:

Karazykid
Jan 26, 2015, 02:56 PM
everything is doable without premium. Premium just cuts down the time to get/enhance good stuff.

When you get to a high lv to do ultimate there are 13* weapons and many obtainable 11* weapon/units via extreme quest drops. just save up rare drop boost and collect extreme quest passes every day

Rare drop boost can be collected via exchanging excubes or completing titles or the occasional bingo

When/how do I do extreme quests? I've seen the extreme quest lady at the counter but when I talk to her she doesn't pop up a menu or anything.

HopelessHero
Jan 26, 2015, 03:19 PM
When/how do I do extreme quests? I've seen the extreme quest lady at the counter but when I talk to her she doesn't pop up a menu or anything.

They become available at level 50.

Anduril
Jan 26, 2015, 03:19 PM

At level 50 you get access to XQs from the quest counter, and you'll get a free pass each day/every 22 hours. Pudding is pretty useless now since you automatically get the passes now.

HopelessHero
Jan 26, 2015, 03:22 PM
At level 50 you get access to XQs from the quest counter, and you'll get a free pass each day/every 22 hours. Pudding is pretty useless now since you automatically get the passes now.

Well, sorta. Sometimes I still have to get them personally from her. I don't know why.

Anduril
Jan 26, 2015, 03:23 PM
Well, sorta. Sometimes I still have to get them personally from her. I don't know why.

Your 22 hour cool down probably hits while you are already logged in.
I usually log in at the same time everyday, so I always get the pass at log-in.

TehCubey
Jan 26, 2015, 03:25 PM
Your level needs to be high enough. 50, I think? Something like that.

However hold your horses there. XQ units are inferior to Zieg's and way harder to get. Totally not worth the effort. XQ weapons (Bio) are pretty good - but during the time it takes you to farm enough spellstones for them, you can easily get a bunch of good 11*s from emergency quests.

If you want to pick up some 10* gear, then just run eqs too. I suggest Magatsu and tower defense in particular. The matter board has some good drops too, including the Gloam units.

That being said, no need for premium on endgame or otherwise. It's just for convenience.

Ordy
Jan 26, 2015, 04:27 PM
However hold your horses there. XQ units are inferior to Zieg's and way harder to get.

Not if you craft them, because XQ sets are +90 ATK, Zieg sets are +50 ATK (and don't give me that +100 numbers because most of Zieg weapons are terrible).

IMO any crafted 9☆ set with 90 ATK is even better than Saiki set, I'm not spending millions on modulator to affix a crappy set with 40 less ATK than 9☆ units (or the 10☆ version).

nathanielzor
Jan 26, 2015, 04:30 PM
Can you live without premium end-game...yes. Does it make your life 10000x easier having it yes.

Benefits:
- My Shop
- My Room
- Premium Block Space (So you can get into those Anga blocks and grind all day!)
- 10*/11* Weapon Passes (Soon 12* Weapon Passes and 11* Unit passes will be on their way.)
- Premium Drink (Premium Rare Drop boost!)
- Trading with other users
- 20 Additional CO Slots
- 200 Extra Storage Slots

I see no reason for anyone not to buy it. But there's a lot of cheap people on PSO-W so whatever floats your boat..

Daiyousei
Jan 26, 2015, 04:48 PM
If you play pretty actively, it's really worth it.

^ and adding to the list up top, you also get double the fun points and 2 stamps per day rather than 1, and be compensated for premium passes now as they only do that if something happens during a premium period. I've gone on an off the game from time to time and during my active periods I have premium up while other times I let it expire.

TehCubey
Jan 26, 2015, 05:51 PM
Reminder that my shop and my room passes are trivial to get from fun scratch.

The rest of premium benefits really are premium-only though.

Perfect Chaos
Jan 26, 2015, 07:22 PM
- 200 Extra Storage SlotsIt's actually 300 extra.

SodaJunky
Jan 30, 2015, 06:53 PM
Level 53 here, no premium and I've got plenty of 10+ star rares from just drops. Also more than enough power to hang with the later Super-Hard stages. Just keep playing, be patient, and you'll be fine. Plus, Daily Quests just flood EXP at you all the time.

I might be predisposed from the 200 level grinding of PSO1 and the many many nights spent running through VH and ULT in that game, but I don't find the trek that much of a hassle. Just play at the right times and cross your fingers for the rares when you're ready to get them.

Selphea
Jan 30, 2015, 07:03 PM
I personally buy Premium out of principle. I could play for free but on one hand, as many people have mentioned, Premium makes things easier. On the other, if I'm using a bunch of server bandwidth and I like the game enough to stick around into endgame, it's only right that I pay the people running it for the service. Especially since Sega seems to be losing money and all.

I don't believe in Scratch gambling but Premium is fair enough. Think of it as a tiny Kickstarter pledge.