Manta Oyamada
Jan 26, 2015, 10:42 AM
Date: February 1, 2015

Time: 15:15 ~ 16:15 (JST)

Official Link Nico Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv206841326
Fan Link YouTube: http://youtu.be/cRkLaPEk5nc
Fan Link Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm

Topics

PSVITA 2nd Anniversary More New Contents to be unveiled!
PSO2es new contents!
[PSO2] 15° Anniversary Project [ARKS Caravan] details revealed.
A new collaboration to be announced!
A new Arks Tournament to be unveiled!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 26, 2015, 10:59 AM
So soon? I guess I can't complain if they're trying to make me excited for something in an otherwise stagnant game.

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2015, 11:12 AM
Hm, new collaboration eh? I look forward to seeing what it is.

NoiseHERO
Jan 26, 2015, 11:18 AM
nb4 SAO collab

or monhan 4 collab

or freedom wars collab

or shitty anime #2

or obsure dungeon crawler #3

Poyonche
Jan 26, 2015, 11:25 AM
More info on challenge mode ?

Maenara
Jan 26, 2015, 11:35 AM
More info on challenge mode ?

As if! Actual new content is a nono!

EvilMag
Jan 26, 2015, 11:44 AM
So once again their idea on keeping the game alive is more collaborations? >_> Sega seriously...

Poyonche
Jan 26, 2015, 11:58 AM
As if! Actual new content is a nono!

"PSVITA 2nd Anniversary More New Contents to be unveiled!"

B-But... :(

Maenara
Jan 26, 2015, 12:25 PM
That means new Toro and Kuro items!

Digital Pain
Jan 26, 2015, 02:51 PM
Hmm I wonder what the next collab is... Senran Kagura?, the PSVITA 2nd anniversary content will be Toro and Kuro accessories, weapon camos or some shit oh and they will probably appear in White day EQ with XH. The drip feed game is strong

wefwq
Jan 26, 2015, 07:37 PM
Shiggy
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/f4OBN.jpg[/spoiler-box]

or worst case they announce 711 collab....

Arialle
Jan 26, 2015, 09:13 PM
Wont be surprised the next collab is Kancolle seeing as sega is releasing a kancolle arcade game

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2015, 09:16 PM
I can never get fired up for collab stuff because it's usually some new thing that I know nothing about or simply don't care for.

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2015, 09:22 PM
I can never get fired up for collab stuff because it's usually some new thing that I know nothing about or simply don't care for.
The joys of playing a game where interests are alien to outsiders of intended region. <3

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 26, 2015, 10:27 PM
Wont be surprised the next collab is Kancolle seeing as sega is releasing a kancolle arcade game

MUUUUUUUSAAAAAASHIIIIIIIIIIIIII! <3

Gardios
Jan 26, 2015, 11:05 PM
For the anniversary, they're gonna do VITA optimizations!

...I wish. ;_;

TaigaUC
Jan 27, 2015, 06:16 AM
The joys of playing a game where interests are alien to outsiders of intended region. <3

Well, there's that too.
For me it's more like, I prefer older stuff in general, JP or otherwise.
Newer stuff just doesn't seem as interesting to me.

SEGA seems to be like, "hey, here's a collabo of an anime that JUST CAME OUT."
I dunno, but they didn't seem like very popular things, either.
Then they collaborate with SEGA to release SEGA stuff.
Surely there are more interesting SEGA franchises they could "collaborate" with. Shen Mue for a laugh, or something.
I would've liked those Tri-Ace collabos, but nope... Nova only. Figures.

And the collabos tend to be very lacking and incomplete.
In before we get two more Madoka characters this year. Then two more the next.
The next Vocaloid collabo will probably be Meiko and Kaito. Then the year after will be Yukari and IA.
Next Shining collabo will probably have Resonance stuff. Maybe even copy-pasted out of Resonance like Night Gear seemed to be.

Perfect Chaos
Jan 27, 2015, 07:14 AM
The anime of Kantai Collection might be new, but the franchise has been pretty huge in Japan for some time. The anime is just more reason to do a collaboration now. So having a KanColle collab is actually pretty marketable for the intended audience. And if you like old stuff, then they already gave you a Space Battleship Yamato collaboration recently. It probably only happened due to the recent live action movie, though. Either way, it's just better for Sega to do things for newer stuff, as some of the younger people won't even know of older things in the 20th century.

Sanguine2009
Jan 27, 2015, 04:25 PM
aw man i would love a kancolle crossover, though the chances of my favorite ship being part of it is next to null. would probably just end up as stuff like Kongou and Shimakaze costumes instead.

NoiseHERO
Jan 27, 2015, 04:26 PM
I want a cool jacket collab.

DemonMike
Jan 28, 2015, 12:42 AM
PSVITA 2nd Anniversary More New Contents to be unveiled!
PSO2es new contents!
[PSO2] 15° Anniversary Project [ARKS Caravan] details revealed.
A new collaboration to be announced!
A new Arks Tournament to be unveiled!

C'mon Sega, let's have some Ragol fields!

NoiseHERO
Jan 29, 2015, 05:49 PM
nb4 SAO collab

or monhan 4 collab

or freedom wars collab

or shitty anime #2

or obsure dungeon crawler #3

HAH!!

TaigaUC
Jan 29, 2015, 09:41 PM
I forgot they already mentioned the Freedom Wars collab on Bumped a few months ago.

wefwq
Jan 29, 2015, 09:48 PM
They did announce Freedom Wars collab on last year' broadcast, just lack in any other info like what kind of items or pic so it didn't get much attention until this point.

oratank
Jan 30, 2015, 02:55 AM
i hope for sega game collab

landman
Jan 30, 2015, 03:15 AM
They usually do those on Sonic birthday, but I don't know how many months before they announce it.

Titan
Jan 31, 2015, 08:31 PM
Is it too much to ask for a Seaman collab?

lostinseganet
Jan 31, 2015, 08:47 PM
Is it too much to ask for a Seaman collab?Seaman...? At first I did not like the idea. Maybe if it was in the ocean. Maybe if our MAGs could talk like Siri?? That would be nicce.

Maenara
Jan 31, 2015, 10:17 PM
How long until the broadcast? I don't excel in world time conversion.

strikerhunter
Jan 31, 2015, 10:24 PM
about 3 hours.

final_attack
Jan 31, 2015, 10:47 PM
2 hours 28 mins ..... I think ._.

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2015, 01:06 AM
8 minutes

oratank
Feb 1, 2015, 01:29 AM
22.00 jst makatsu 200%

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2015, 01:51 AM
Next few updates look pretty dull.

JP reaction to the next tourney announcement was pretty funny.

Shinmarizu
Feb 1, 2015, 01:51 AM
The Mecha Rappy and the railgun are coming in for White Day. I know what I'll be saving for.

EDIT: crap. A second rotation with the other stuff, including the Gothic dress.

And a Tales of Zestiria collab?

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2015, 01:58 AM
Ha ha ha. Tales of Zestiria collabo. Rubbing salt into wounds?
Salei, Laila, Dezel, Rose's outfits. No Alisha.

oratank
Feb 1, 2015, 01:58 AM
tale of zestireia collab (´・ω・`)

Rakurai
Feb 1, 2015, 01:59 AM
I want Dezel's hat. Now.

Flaoc
Feb 1, 2015, 02:00 AM
22.00 jst makatsu 200%

so 9 am eastern?

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2015, 02:01 AM
The Magatsu is 6 hours from now.

Gardios
Feb 1, 2015, 02:02 AM
TALES COLLAB OMG MY PANTS

wh...what the hell, even here Alisha gets the shaft. Not even for 1300AC? FML

Also no Zaveid costume, I want to cry...

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2015, 02:03 AM
Ha ha ha. Tales of Zestiria collabo. Rubbing salt into wounds?
Salei, Laila, Dezel, Rose's outfits. No Alisha.

Oh god, I haven't played this game but.... from what I've read I SWEAR alisha must have been based off one of the dev's girlfriends or something, and she dumped him early in development for all that bad writing to happen and replacing her with a boring looking (good person assassin? really?) mary sue.

but no really, holy shit that's bad @ alicia slap to the side LOL...

Goukezitsu
Feb 1, 2015, 02:06 AM
Sorry I missed the first trailer but heres the 2nd one played if you missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15-tWhRQ8is

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2015, 02:10 AM
Oh god, I haven't played this game but.... from what I've read I SWEAR alisha must have been based off one of the dev's girlfriends or something, and she dumped him early in development for all that bad writing to happen and replacing her with a boring looking (good person assassin? really?) mary sue.

Dunno how true that is, but I figured they noticed how popular she was after her trailers, and decided to turn her into DLC.
If so, they must be incredibly desperate for cash.

Still... kinda sad that PSO2's doing a collabo with Zestiria. Last I checked, it was getting 1 out of 5 star reviews on Amazon.
A general Tales collabo would be so much better.

Gardios
Feb 1, 2015, 02:16 AM
Amazon reviewers are mainly just salty about Alisha though. It's a pretty good game, all things considered.

I would've preferred a general collab as well, but eh still better than nothing. Tales series collab would probably just be Leon/Yuri/Milla and another female costume anyway.

Rakurai
Feb 1, 2015, 02:18 AM

It was more a case of people jumping to conclusions.

They typically show off the main heroine of each Tales game before any other female, and this time, they made the mistake of showing off the characters in the order they're introduced in-game.

Everyone assumed she'd be the main heroine, then were sorely disappointed when she ended up being a temporary party member. It's not like Rose just comes out of nowhere and upstages her, either. She's introduced shortly after her and has a presence well before she officially joins the party.

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2015, 02:27 AM
Amazon reviewers are mainly just salty about Alisha though. It's a pretty good game, all things considered.

I haven't been getting that impression. Seen way more issues that aren't related to Alisha. Oh well.

KazukiQZ
Feb 1, 2015, 02:27 AM
I see another version of Eternal Form hairstyle (Medium length above the shoulder), and I think it's from FUN =-=)b

Gardios
Feb 1, 2015, 02:30 AM
Baba's reasoning is BS if you consider that Mikleo and Zaveid both appeared earlier compared to characters that were revealed earlier (Alisha and Edna/Dezel respectively).

The reaction wouldn't have been so awful if they had handled pre-release media stuff better. There was no indication whatsoever that she would be temporary with how often she appeared in screenshots, even more so if you consider that they also advertised DLC costumes and a pre-order hiougi for her. That wasn't the case with Flynn in vanilla ToV and Richter.

oratank
Feb 1, 2015, 03:00 AM
AIS VS makatsu

EvilMag
Feb 1, 2015, 03:00 AM
12 person c-mode. Yep C-mode confirmed to be a steaming pile of shit now.

Dugs
Feb 1, 2015, 03:02 AM

Haha, assumptions are fun.

TaigaUC
Magatsu 2 looks fun.

strikerhunter
AIS VS makatsu

IMO, I didn't think they show it this early in the year (let alone right after they talked about being interested in for one as well). Still took me by surprise though as I expected for AIS EQ to be shown in Spring instead, especially not right after Challenge Mode preview.

Xaeris
Feb 1, 2015, 03:03 AM

MFW: http://i.imgur.com/d9QB52z.gif

Gardios
Feb 1, 2015, 03:05 AM
Pretty excited for AIS vs Magatsu.

Maenara
Feb 1, 2015, 03:05 AM
MFW: http://i.imgur.com/d9QB52z.gif

You do realize they had things like level 9 versus level 28 Falz Arms, level 13 versus level 70 Vol Dragon. 12 people or not, that shit isn't getting steamrolled.

Also:

GANTZ VERSUS GUNDAM
WHO WINS

oratank
Feb 1, 2015, 03:06 AM
you forgot another thing. we started with bare hand

SakoHaruo
Feb 1, 2015, 03:07 AM
Magatsu 2 looks fun.

More reason for you to scream gaijin. o3o

Sega ded soon. You just lost your console team and you continue to release garbage quest. SMH.

Persona better see some Call of Duty # or this shit ded soon. And Crapcom just announced DD, lol.

Goukezitsu
Feb 1, 2015, 03:08 AM
Cmode and Magatsu tralier for those who missed it. Other shorter ones are also on the channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NqoF6jHHeg

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 1, 2015, 03:10 AM
Haha, assumptions are fun.

I'm inclined to agree really; 12 players in a single area kills anything that resembles challenge in non objective-based/teamwork oriented quests (unless they really plan on just adding artificial difficulty by making enemy numbers higher via level, damage, etc)

Big part of the reason ultimate felt like an immersive challenge in pso1 was because you only had 4 people in the area. Suddenly the value of freeze, buffs, anything that resembled team play shot up.

Maenara
Feb 1, 2015, 03:13 AM
We'll see.

oratank
Feb 1, 2015, 03:13 AM
lol that's quote
" i havn't get serious yet" makatsu

Xaelouse
Feb 1, 2015, 03:22 AM
Challenge mode still looks fun even if it is 12-player. The enemies are several times more levels higher than you and you're completely stripped anyway.

New Magatsu quest is the coolest thing though. Hopefully less derpy than the one we have now since everyone is on equal footing in AIS

Maenara
Feb 1, 2015, 03:23 AM
The real question is, what happens when an AIS gets destroyed in that quest? It certainly didn't seem designed for non-AIS players to get around in.

strikerhunter
Feb 1, 2015, 03:27 AM
The real question is, what happens when an AIS gets destroyed in that quest? It certainly didn't seem designed for non-AIS players to get around in.

Looking at how the map looks like, my bet is that players who had their A.I.S. gone kaboom will have to climb on those pillars around the map to get leveled with Magastu (suggesting that no jumping boost to jump on the boss is around). Even then, those pillars look pretty dam big so that's going to be a long way up unless jump pad.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 1, 2015, 03:28 AM
New Magatsu quest is the coolest thing though. Hopefully less derpy than the one we have now since everyone is on equal footing in AIS

How to balance game; put everyone in a gandam

Rakurai
Feb 1, 2015, 03:29 AM
Wonder if the Magatsu that's fought with the AIS is the real deal as opposed to one of Double's knock-offs. It looks as though it's being contained within a seal.

In any case, I guess that was the 12 person quest they were talking about, so we probably aren't getting a new Falz for a while, after all.

Maenara
Feb 1, 2015, 03:31 AM
I want Dark Falz Double dammit

EvilMag
Feb 1, 2015, 03:36 AM
I want Ultimate Lillipa damnit.

Gardios
Feb 1, 2015, 03:42 AM
How to balance game; put everyone in a gandam

I'm not even mad.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 1, 2015, 03:47 AM
Looking at how the map looks like, my bet is that players who had their A.I.S. gone kaboom will have to climb on those pillars around the map to get leveled with Magastu (suggesting that no jumping boost to jump on the boss is around). Even then, those pillars look pretty dam big so that's going to be a long way up unless jump pad.

The pillars are probably for avoiding Magatsu's clap. Could serve other purposes though.

SallySalSal
Feb 1, 2015, 03:58 AM
Getting sick of all these collabs.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 1, 2015, 04:06 AM
I want Ultimate Lillipa damnit.

oh you fucking too aswell? and how about add 13 stars to all enemies in ult mode so people will actually run forest still instead getting shit 12 stars no one wants

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2015, 04:11 AM

You die permanently and have to make a new character.
Hardcore Magatsu.

Or you can pay 1300 yen to revive your character.

oratank
Feb 1, 2015, 04:15 AM
no no not makatsu it's c mode

Sizustar
Feb 1, 2015, 04:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Zbl4zl3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/S9E1BX4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ucJDksX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LcZ82JQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gjEiZ2M.jpg

Rakurai
Feb 1, 2015, 04:37 AM
I think these coming updates will finally provide my RA with a new costume I actually like.

I''m looking forward to the Fenrir Coat and Dezel's costume in particular.

Qualia
Feb 1, 2015, 04:39 AM
no no not makatsu it's c mode

Stop calling it makatsu. It's honestly bothering me.

Xaeris
Feb 1, 2015, 04:43 AM
That outfit on the far right. It's so...normal. I'm honestly surprised.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/HZfj2lk.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Gardios
Feb 1, 2015, 04:45 AM
Was that even in the contest? I don't remember that at all...

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 1, 2015, 05:01 AM
I think it's a Project Cute one.

Rehal
Feb 1, 2015, 05:02 AM
Yea project cute
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/fjR6f/081b07364b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 1, 2015, 05:06 AM
And the 4th one resembles Rockman ZX style too much... still nice tho.

schnee4
Feb 1, 2015, 05:31 AM
even gaijin IQ < 10 became IQ 1,000,000 in AIS
please welcomed new AIS EQ!

Neith
Feb 1, 2015, 07:27 AM
You do realize they had things like level 9 versus level 28 Falz Arms, level 13 versus level 70 Vol Dragon. 12 people or not, that shit isn't getting steamrolled.

The Lv70 Vol was with a Beize Destruction code; it'll likely just be that you have to lure the Vol over to the Beize to destroy it, rather than actually killing Vol Dragon. Might be wrong but that's the impression I get anyway.

The Walrus
Feb 1, 2015, 08:32 AM
Man, they would pull this bullshit with Tales costumes when I'm trying to take a break from the game

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 1, 2015, 08:44 AM
Can I have the slightest bit of hope that that 4th outfit from the right can be recolorable? Please?

Reiketsu
Feb 1, 2015, 08:46 AM
Tales of Zestiria collaboration is all I'm seeing. Omg... I never expected anything like that to happen.
Since Basara 4 also gets a Zestiria collaboration and has another 4-5 collaborations announced for it, which are still secret... I really hope one of them is gonna be for PSO2 ;_;

I want Kasuga's outfit...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/127673/2196121-kasuga01.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

BIG OLAF
Feb 1, 2015, 08:52 AM

That black bodysuit with the red mini-jacket...that's not going to come in any other colors, is it?

Son of a bitch.

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 1, 2015, 08:57 AM
That black bodysuit with the red mini-jacket...that's not going to come in any other colors, is it?

Son of a bitch.

I hope it's multi-color varieties or recolorable. But more just recolorable.

Fat chance it'll happen, but I can dream.

Terrence
Feb 1, 2015, 08:58 AM
Raging people that have seen/tested NOTHING of the new updates. I do agree : Stupid gaijins !
CAN YOU SMILE AND BE HAPPY FOR ONCE, HOLY SH*T ?
Nice things are coming. I'm glad with Magatsu/AIS, C-Mode, ... Everything pleases me for now !

The Walrus
Feb 1, 2015, 09:03 AM
Yaaaaaaaay, mediocrity :D

Happy enough for you, senpai?

Poyonche
Feb 1, 2015, 09:21 AM
Magatsu vs AIS :0

It looks like AIS has new attack, we see one shooting a green ball (wave ?) with its sword, on the right at 2:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=1NqoF6jHHeg&x-yt-ts=1422579428

Maybe a healing grenade or something like that ?

final_attack
Feb 1, 2015, 09:42 AM

Plot twist : That black body suit ....... is a body paint. The real costume is just the vest(?), bracelet, shoes, and under-wear(?)

I'll be super happy if we got a black body suit as body paint.

Though it's impossible for now >_>

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 1, 2015, 09:44 AM
Plot twist : That black body suit ....... is a body paint. The real costume is just the vest(?), bracelet, shoes, and under-wear(?)

I'll be super happy if we got a black body suit as body paint.

Though it's impossible for now >_>

Dude, if that happened, I'd be over the freaking moon.

But if that were the case, I don't see any underwear for the lower part... oh my...

yoshiblue
Feb 1, 2015, 09:47 AM
Get ready to mega merge, I guess.

Vintasticvin
Feb 1, 2015, 10:15 AM

Woop woop Im ready!

Edson Drake
Feb 1, 2015, 10:24 AM
AIS vs Magatsu? My body is ready!

I wonder if there will be on-field repairs and respawns? It would be kind of neat if once the AIS is broken the quest fails(for you).

Kazzi
Feb 1, 2015, 10:52 AM
Tales of in my PSO?! Oh my god it's like a fangirl dream come true! These are my two favourite series of all time, I am going to be playing so much AC scratch my poor bank.

I am unspeakably happy about seeing challenge mode come back. I wonder if we'll be getting fancy weapons from clearing it as well? I sense many long nights getting frustrated at it coming my way!

Shinamori
Feb 1, 2015, 11:14 AM
My guess is that we'll see more in the next live broadcast. Whenever that may be.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 1, 2015, 01:30 PM
And the 4th one resembles Rockman ZX style too much... still nice tho.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/345px-Ashe_3093.jpg

Now that your appetites have been whet for booty...[/SPOILER-BOX]

Raging people that have seen/tested NOTHING of the new updates. I do agree : Stupid gaijins !

Are you saying you aren't a gaijin.

Poyonche
Feb 1, 2015, 02:14 PM
There is a normal Magatsu and a gold one.

It is a rare version or will it be a 2 phase quest like Elder and Loser ?

Maenara
Feb 1, 2015, 02:26 PM
Golden Gantz versus Gundam.

Gardios
Feb 1, 2015, 02:28 PM
Tales of in my PSO?! Oh my god it's like a fangirl dream come true! These are my two favourite series of all time, I am going to be playing so much AC scratch my poor bank.

I'll probably empty my pockets and make Lailah and Dezel support partners. The collab better come with voice tickets, too. <_<

landman
Feb 1, 2015, 03:14 PM
It's not raging but first impressions on challenge mode being a 12 player mission are, to say the least, worrying. Unless they manage to make a variable difficulty from 4x to 12x, and you can enjoy a 6 player party at 6x difficulty, I certainly don't see challenge mode as something you can enjoy with randoms.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Feb 1, 2015, 03:40 PM
The randoms are the challenge. Just like unorganized EMQs, now with the bonus of preset characters! They shouldn't have advertised it as a "system from PSO" if there is only one similarity to the original and the rest is just standard fare MPA nonsense, which was badly implemented from day 1 anyway. But hey, we'll see. Maybe they'll surprise us. (Lmfao)

And holy fuck collab overload. Make your own shit PSO2.

AIS' vs Demon Guy looks pretty clutch though.

Z-0
Feb 2, 2015, 05:46 AM
People still like the game, but doesn't mean new content can't be / isn't shit.

I still love playing this game, but a lot of it is admittedly shit. Not really a great game, even if it is fun from time to time.

Gardios
Feb 2, 2015, 05:55 AM
It certainly doesn't help that the recent content has been really lacklustre. Extra Hard is basically Extra HP, Ultimate has been terribly implemented with how much better Anga is than everything else and Magatsu is just a cube pinata after you've done it a couple of times.

If challenge mode turns out great, that's fantastic, if not, well, I didn't expect anything anyway so nothing to be disappointed about...

Vintasticvin
Feb 2, 2015, 09:54 AM
T
Just like Sonic fans.

Its stuff like what MeteorWeapon said that has me looking for a new Pso2 community x.x The toxic is beyond imaginable yet I'm still here.

Terrence
Feb 2, 2015, 11:08 AM
Basically, you guys are never content with anything... No matter what shit Sega tries to do, either good or bad.
確かに、これはそうです。;-)

kazuuya
Feb 2, 2015, 02:56 PM
The AIS vs Magatsu really got me hyped, I need more Mechs in my life.

ALSO THAT ZESTIRIA COLLAB, totally looking forward to get Soreys Outfit!! Eventually Lailah and Rose too. Kinda sad there's no Mikulio but hey can't have anything, I'm pleased anyways. (Now it's time to collect Meseta <__< For the Contest winning stuff too. I want that catpaw scarf and the Turtle mag...)

TaigaUC
Feb 3, 2015, 02:32 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with "whiners never satisfied".
Nobody can deny that PSO2 has issues.

I was pretty pleased with PSO2 at the start of episode 3 (without caring for Harukotan). They finally fixed tons of issues that plagued PSO2 since day one.
Magatsu was pretty fun at first too.
But they've been dripfeeding Ultimate and XH for way too long. Gunner could use some fixing, too.
Several of the usual JP people I talked to seem to have quit during this time. I think that says a lot.

It's also pretty sad that Casino seems dead most of the time.
Reminds me of how barren and lacking PSO2 was on initial launch.
Maybe they should put more effort into long-lasting fun content instead of the usual recycle-old-shit-with-new-carrots-on-a-stick dripfeeding nonsense.

I mean, PSO2 literally feels like it's constantly dangling on a thread of being bored to nuts.
When they update, it's always just barely enough to keep players interested for another week or two.
Can't they go a little further than that? Without telling us to go do the same old shit again?

Sizustar
Feb 3, 2015, 02:47 AM

I was pretty pleased with PSO2 at the start of episode 3 (without caring for Harukotan). They finally fixed tons of issues that plagued PSO2 since day one.
But they've been dripfeeding Ultimate and XH for way too long. Gunner could use some fixing, too.
Several of the usual JP people I talked to seem to have quit during this time. I think that says a lot.

Maybe they should put more effort into long-lasting fun content instead of the usual recycle-old-shit-with-new-carrots-on-a-stick dripfeeding nonsense.

I mean, PSO2 literally feels like it's constantly dangling on a thread of being bored to nuts.
When they update, it's always just barely enough to keep players interested for another week or two.
Can't they go a little further than that? Without telling us to go do the same old shit again?

With the Sega restructring, and new focus on PC gaming, we'll see if Sega will finally give PSO2 some much needed support and new hardware.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 3, 2015, 12:15 PM

You pretty much explained my situation, and I've started complaining about the ult/XH dripfeed two weeks after it came out.

wefwq
Feb 3, 2015, 01:58 PM

This almost exactly what i feel.
It's been a week already since i just pretty much logged in to do dailies and logoff after that.

EP3 start with pretty nice fixes here and there, along with new class and weapon types, but then after that... nothing worth mentioning.
- Shironia keep me interested in game for like, a week.
- The only stuff keep people running there are GGG *11 units and some weapons
- Shironia EQ was pure shit, it's really boring and 99% of times it'll never give you anything as payout, and oh... IIRC massive server lags starting to happen right after this EQ released!
- Facility was utter garbage, it feels like almost no one running them outside from client/daily orders.

And then, they gave Magatsu along with their antics "release bug", and shortly after that whole Gunner fiasco happened.

I don't think the upcoming casino game will revive casino either since it'll probably just another form of boring CC farm, even they make it looks fun to play.

Walkure
Feb 3, 2015, 02:24 PM
Its stuff like what MeteorWeapon said that has me looking for a new Pso2 community x.x The toxic is beyond imaginable yet I'm still here.
Guides/Gameplay discussion isn't terribly active, but it's got pretty decent discussion. Questions/Screenshots/Fashion thread in General Discussion are pretty good.

Kinda wish the subreddit had more going on than being a different format of the Questions/Answers thread.

mctastee
Feb 3, 2015, 02:27 PM
I always thought this game needed some static multiparty content. Something akin to raids in WoW, just less time consuming or maybe they could give us a TTF style quest. I am just spitballing here.

Xaelouse
Feb 3, 2015, 06:07 PM
XH is a good thing. The game kinda needed HP values like this for awhile now. Won't even bag on that.
The issue is that Sega isn't making the higher difficulties as rewarding as they could be. I saw Magatsu's new 12* drop record last night and they were exactly the same as SH. Still in the double digits, even.
It's bad enough 12*s aren't even as good as the 13*s unless you find one with Ult Buster to be the strongest in Ult...to find a 13* anyway to beat up the rest of the game.

Great Pan
Feb 3, 2015, 07:30 PM
No Marvel collab? You suck, Sega.

TaigaUC
Feb 3, 2015, 09:14 PM
XH is a good thing. The game kinda needed HP values like this for awhile now. Won't even bag on that.
The issue is that Sega isn't making the higher difficulties as rewarding as they could be.

While it's true the new drops are shit, I don't want to play games for the rewards.
The game itself should be fun.
Simply upping the HP while leaving everything else the same is not fun.
All it does is make everyone feel weak as shit, nullifying all their efforts to get stronger up until this point while making the future look bleak and boring.
What's the point of adding new drops if the game itself is boring as shit?

When they went from Hard to Super Hard, they changed a bunch of stuff.
Enemy behavior, the boost infection throwing out projectiles, etc.
They claimed that every boss got one new attack, although I don't remember seeing any new attacks.
These kinds of changes are far more interesting.
XH is literally identical to SH, except for the HP increase. I don't think anyone can deny that is lazy as shit.
Oh, and let's not forget that SH applied to everything at once. What's with this bullshit 1-2 XH EQs at a time? Will they ever add XQ to the regular quests?
Then there's Ultimate. Remember when Ultimate was a difficulty mode? But that's not dripfeedy enough for PSO2, apparently.

What they need to do is shake things up with new gameplay modes, or fresh new "difficulties" (preferably without boxing the population via level/gear requirements).
If I recall correctly, PSO1's ultimate was vastly different from other difficulties. We need more of that.
Challenge mode just looks like "remove your equip and send you to level 1, everything else is the same".

What about stuff like Boss Battle mode?
There could be a Time Attack that doesn't involve running around, and just requires killing enemies quickly.
Maybe an Arena mode? For duelling select bosses, enemy configurations, or even players.
The possibilities are endless, and yet nearly 3 years in, PSO2 still only has a few gameplay modes that barely expand on the base combat mechanics.

Tower Defense is probably the best gameplay "mode" PSO2 has going for it, but they stupidly make it a rare random EQ. Plus there are still only 3 of them.
They could have made it a mode, and then people would just play that all day. But no, they limit it to dripfeed and restrict the rewards. It's always more about the rewards than the gameplay.

So what can players do while waiting for EQs? The regular quest system is largely pointless, and you can tell SEGA started to realize this.
The new areas have less quests, less areas, and Matterboards no longer care which quest or area you get the items from.
Advance Quest is basically regular quests with incentive to repeat them over and over. And that stupid capsule system. I can't stand AQs.
Extreme Quest is pretty fun, they could build on that. Add solo/duo stages, or add more Extreme Quest areas.
Everyone's pretty much milked Time Attack dry by now. I doubt many people do it for reasons other than the cash reward.
How about Casino? There's tons of room for more Casino games. It shouldn't take them nearly a year to add something like BLACK NYACK.
The Casino games also feel like they are more about the rewards than actually having fun playing the Casino games.

They need to spend less time on new items, more time on actual gameplay.
I'm pretty certain this is the main reason why people are dissatisfied with PSO2.
It has so much potential, and SEGA just sits on their ass making newer, pointless rewards instead of making the game more fun.
Yes, some people find getting rewards fun. But it wouldn't hurt to make the process fun too, would it?

Edson Drake
Feb 3, 2015, 09:26 PM
What about stuff like Boss Battle mode?
There could be a Time Attack that doesn't involve running around, and just requires killing enemies quickly.

Boss Rush mode. Man now that would not only be fun, but a great training mode.

There's also tons of room for more Casino games. It shouldn't take them nearly a year to add something like BLACK NYACK.

It's an addition that is welcome, but only a single game added several months later at a "casino" that already only has two games? Ridiculous no doubt.

Where's Poker, Roulette, Baccarat and Craps? And watch them introduce Poker as "Lilipoker".

*cringes*

Rakurai
Feb 3, 2015, 09:29 PM
I don't know why they mentioned "dynamic attack patterns" as one of the changes for Extra Hard, because the enemies are completely identical to how they were on the lower difficulties.

They ought to start giving them speed increases like the operation bosses in PSO2es can have randomly. Making the bosses randomly be tiny or huge like they can there would also be amusing.

Sizustar
Feb 3, 2015, 09:35 PM
I don't know why they mentioned "dynamic attack patterns" as one of the changes for Extra Hard, because the enemies are completely identical to how they were on the lower difficulties.

They ought to start giving them speed increases like the operation bosses in PSO2es can have randomly. Making the bosses randomly be tiny or huge like they can there would also be amusing.

And have status effect be as useful in the main game like PSO2es too.
And have NPC/friend or live player give random bonus effect?

TaigaUC
Feb 3, 2015, 09:38 PM
"Lilipoker". Hah.

XH has dynamic attack patterns? Never noticed any difference.

A friend was complaining to me that SH enemies are more annoying, and cited the wolves randomly jumping off walls as difficult to deal with.
I never really noticed. No idea if that's an SH-only ability.

If they do add new enemy abilities, they need to design them in such a way that players can see, learn and react/counter them.
There's not much point adding stuff that nobody really notices or players have no time to react to.
This is why stuff like Dark Souls is more fun. Every enemy attack and player attack requires full attention.
PSO2 is often a mess where you can just spam crap, and enemies spam crap around you, until one or the other dies.

Why is Magatsu fun? Because he has lots of unique attacks that you need to watch for, learn and adapt to.
More of that would be great.

RadiantLegend
Feb 3, 2015, 09:55 PM
There is so much that can be done. The red/blue rooms in the shop area could be used for community events like red team vs blue team. No way the casino area should be boring. Install a mini AIS slot machine or game or whatever. Video screens showing other ship activities. Heck people might spend more CA just because.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 3, 2015, 10:21 PM

They can chain attacks in longer and different strings than in SH. But since enemies were already doing a lot of stuff like that in SH the only way to notice would be to pay close attention to what an enemy can and cannot do in a given difficulty. Like Goldrahda canceling their spinning kick into a jump. They couldn't do that in SH.

In a sense, it is dynamic, but it's also pretty much meaningless because it barely affects players. Which is really sad. A new move or new attack chains in other games usually dramatically changes how a given enemy would be fought.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 3, 2015, 10:25 PM
A friend was complaining to me that SH enemies are more annoying, and cited the wolves randomly jumping off walls as difficult to deal with.
I never really noticed. No idea if that's an SH-only ability.

They always did. SH just made it so the wolves would skip their stupid intro animation upon spawning, and needless to say, they're more aggressive, so they're most likely to attack before they die. They're just likely to use that attack if they're near a wall.

Dnd
Feb 3, 2015, 10:34 PM
Regarding magatsu drops, i looked at that aswell afew days ago but if you noticed all the other drops in XH were far lower (up to 3~4 times lower at least) so there is simply far less people running XH over SH. I imagine if they had the same amount of players, the 12*'s would be far higher, which brings me to repeat what alot of other people have pointed out..

XH modes outside of a afew EQ's are completely pointless. SH is far quicker and gives generally more 10~11* drops.

This is made even more appareant in tower defense 1/2, where maybe 5~10 12* swords/rifles drop a week across the entire ship and the XH TD weapons are still climbing in price rapidly because the rarity is crazy high and given how TD loot works the extra attack and HP work againest you in the average PUG so it lowers your chances even more

Factor in the best weapons in the game drop from a boss thats 100% farmable and not locked behind any barriers, it gives people almost no reason to actually play XH which is sad because it should never be like that

Numie
Feb 3, 2015, 10:41 PM
I wish they'd implement a training room.
Like, a simulation room where you can adjust an unkillable target from its stagger rate to its weight class and even its level, resistance and weaknesses, so you can try out weapons and PAs for more accurate damage representations.

I'm sure if it was a Premium feature, it'd be a great incentive for researchers.
and it would also allow proper combo practice because I'm tired of mobs dying on me

suzaku0zero0
Feb 3, 2015, 10:49 PM
wonder if black jack counting works

Seems the twin daggers will be the only 11*, the sword and double saber will be 12*

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2015, 10:58 PM
Bare in mind the reason we even got an XH to begin with is because they couldn't class-balance anything for SH, so now all the gear is placing SH on EASY MODE regardless the maxed out build and now the focus in on a difficulty in order to intentionally force to upgrade all equipment from 12* to 15*.

It would have been better to introduce Ultimate Mode Missions as a set and have a token drop to trade for your 13* weapon. By the time there are 10 ultimate mode missions, the community will be split so much on what they want that not enough people will run the missions to begin with from being spread out too thinly..

However, putting in a token drop that works in any of the missions would have worked...Since both methods (killing boss many times with rare boosts or collecting tokens) are just a matter of time before gearing.

In other news...I like that there is content always being added to the game.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 3, 2015, 11:40 PM
Regarding magatsu drops, i looked at that aswell afew days ago but if you noticed all the other drops in XH were far lower (up to 3~4 times lower at least) so there is simply far less people running XH over SH. I imagine if they had the same amount of players, the 12*'s would be far higher, which brings me to repeat what alot of other people have pointed out..

XH modes outside of a afew EQ's are completely pointless. SH is far quicker and gives generally more 10~11* drops.

This is made even more appareant in tower defense 1/2, where maybe 5~10 12* swords/rifles drop a week across the entire ship and the XH TD weapons are still climbing in price rapidly because the rarity is crazy high and given how TD loot works the extra attack and HP work againest you in the average PUG so it lowers your chances even more

Factor in the best weapons in the game drop from a boss thats 100% farmable and not locked behind any barriers, it gives people almost no reason to actually play XH which is sad because it should never be like that

I really want the XH TD dual blades -_-

Kiyumi
Feb 4, 2015, 12:35 AM
So my post calling out all the chronic whiners on here got deleted. I guess thats not allowed. Meanwhile all the whiny posts are still here. I see how it works. I guess that is a sign I should join in.

"SEGA sucks, they keep releasing new scratches, new costumes, new accessories, new items, new collabs all the time but nobody cares it all sucks! And I know that they are releasing things in XH in cycles to keep everyone doing new things but it sucks! They should make everything XH immediately so that everyone only goes to one place and ignores everything else! sucks! Oh and Magatsu sucks and is boring new AIS quest vs Magatsu? why only reusing old ideas you sucks! Oh and the game is too easy but grinding and affixing is too hard change everything it sucks!"

There. Ive contributed to this thread in a similar manner to everyone else. Youre welcome. (I didnt even know this forum had mods)

Keilyn
Feb 4, 2015, 12:55 AM
So my post calling out all the chronic whiners on here got deleted. I guess thats not allowed. Meanwhile all the whiny posts are still here. I see how it works. I guess that is a sign I should join in.

"SEGA sucks, they keep releasing new scratches, new costumes, new accessories, new items, new collabs all the time but nobody cares it all sucks! And I know that they are releasing things in XH in cycles to keep everyone doing new things but it sucks! They should make everything XH immediately so that everyone only goes to one place and ignores everything else! sucks! Oh and Magatsu sucks and is boring new AIS quest vs Magatsu? why only reusing old ideas you sucks! Oh and the game is too easy but grinding and affixing is too hard change everything it sucks!"

There. Ive contributed to this thread in a similar manner to everyone else. Youre welcome. (I didnt even know this forum had mods)

*Hugs* I feel the same way....
Your post is one of the cutest I've read in a long time. Thank you (I mean it with good praise and not trying to hurl insults in your direction).

Kiyumi
Feb 4, 2015, 01:07 AM
*Hugs* I feel the same way....
Your post is one of the cutest I've read in a long time. Thank you (I mean it with good praise and not trying to hurl insults in your direction).

Oh...*blush* thank you!

I do realize sometimes I lash out at negative people too much, but its really aggravating to see it all the time. Its refreshing to see that some people (like you) look forward to new updates and enjoy this game as much as I do. Im nice to nice people!

I usually think "Im glad Im not on ship 2" because I imagine all the negativity I see here would be there but every once in a while Im reminded that good people exist and I become sad.

NexusAZ
Feb 4, 2015, 01:15 AM
[spoiler-box]https://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/jinrui_wa_suitai_shimashita-09-fairy-smiling-sad-fear.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Jaqlou Swig KING
Feb 4, 2015, 01:21 AM

It seems simple really, you were off topic. You were moderated for complaining about complainers that were complaining about the actual topic. It doesn't matter if it's negative or positive, if it's on topic, it's fair game. Complaining about other peoples views has shit all to do with the OP. Instead of getting so bent out of shape about other people (on a public forum no less, where thank god/me) having opinions you don't like, ignore it and move on with your day.

they keep releasing new scratches, new costumes, new accessories

Thats pretty damn redundant.

This post I just made is totally acceptable to moderate. Just as yours was.

Vatallus
Feb 4, 2015, 01:22 AM
I'm generally happy with how fast the game updates. Sure we have problems with Magatsu (XH vs SH), Anga, and TD (XH vs SH) but I feel like everything else is going alright. I must be crazy.

I also tell myself I am happy not being on Ship 2... mostly because I haven't seen any Japanese wanting foreigner blood on my ship yet. Otherwise it is pretty peaceful not being in the 2 big english teams.

Vampy
Feb 4, 2015, 01:42 AM
Oh...*blush* thank you!

I do realize sometimes I lash out at negative people too much, but its really aggravating to see it all the time. Its refreshing to see that some people (like you) look forward to new updates and enjoy this game as much as I do. Im nice to nice people!

I usually think "Im glad Im not on ship 2" because I imagine all the negativity I see here would be there but every once in a while Im reminded that good people exist and I become sad.

You kind of let yourself open for that no offense. If you have issues with other members complaining keep it to PMs and keep on topic.

As for me sadly only thing I look forward to at all is the black jack casino mini game I have the CC to burn so why not. My issue with the game is more recently than before is that there is only like two or three pieces of new playable content in every single live stream.

People tend to say "Pso2 is not nearly as bad as other free to play mmo's" or something along those lines very little people actually do say it's an actual good game. If you say is is I want to know what you are comparing it to what is your best and what is your worst. To me pso2 is not a bad game, but "missed potential" rings to mind. I see a lot of good in the game, but my expectations for it are maybe a bit too high so I just lowered them recently, and went I'll take what I am given no point in complaining anymore. It's made the game a lot less painful to play since I am not setting myself sky high to be potentially disappointed. I do have fun just not enough at times so I take breaks somewhat often so I do not get burnt out and begin to hate the game like I had been recently.

I think the biggest issue with why people complain is they see the potential the game has but hate to see it wasted on drip feed or not fully fleshed out.

NoiseHERO
Feb 4, 2015, 01:53 AM
You kind of let yourself open for that no offense. If you have issues with other members complaining keep it to PMs and keep on topic.

I think the biggest issue with why people complain is they see the potential the game has but hate to see it wasted on drip feed or not fully fleshed out.

line 1: yes offense!

line 2: whole PSO series in a nutshell. it's almost like they purposely aim for mediocrity at every turn. To the point where a lot of people find it more fun to think of how the game could be easily made better conceptually. Which then comes back and amplifies the "so why the hell DON'T they do that?"

Every added or new idea this game's had since it's release, has been an actually good idea but it had the bare minimum use of it's potential or it was just badly done period.

And when they make phantasy star online 3 it'll be just like when they made PSU or PSO2 coming out of PSP2i "the last thing they did was the ulimate base to make the perfect game, how could they fuck this up?? they just gotta build off of it!!" then you're unpleasantly surprised by SEGAism lol.

Z-0
Feb 4, 2015, 02:23 AM
I think PSO2 is a fun game in itself, but I don't think it's really a "good" game, if you will. Sounds contradictory, I'm aware, but while I do enjoy playing this game, it has far too many flaws to really be considered a good game overall.

Pointing out something you don't like the idea of, or thinking something could be better isn't a bad thing at all, and I'm not sure what's with the posts of people who act like they're above others for "not complaining about good things".

Sayara
Feb 4, 2015, 06:52 AM
Fast food cuisine of gaming basically.

Mattykins
Feb 4, 2015, 07:18 AM
Yeah, that's my deal. I like this game. I'm hard on it because I like it and I'm frustrated that Sega continues to be Sega and smears their shit all over it and I'd kinda like them to stop.

Nothing's gonna change if we all bend over and take the proverbial cock. On the odd occasion, being loud has proven to promote some degree of change. Like, would Ep. 3 have completely rebalanced the skill trees if no one bitched about how utterly trash they were at the time, for example?

Cyber Meteor
Feb 4, 2015, 07:41 AM
Like, would Ep. 3 have completely rebalanced the skill trees if no one bitched about how utterly trash they were at the time, for example?

The thing is most of those comlains and improvement suggestions precedently said must come from a lot of JP players, not the english community, if we want SEGA to actually make a real good change on this game. I don't know what JP players think of the current state of the game, but if like 75% of them ask for a change, SEGA will do it because Pso2 is one of their most important franchise and they won't want to lose like 75 % of their fanbase.

Also, i kinda bet this dreepfeed is to meet the "10 years support" announced because if they don't dreepfeed it, this game would be finished in like half of that time. But seeing how SEGA handled the CT+Banish/Vol thing, i now heavily suspect they're just incompetent and it actually was a way of saying they aren't good enough to polish/balance a game in 5 year :-P

Mattykins
Feb 4, 2015, 07:43 AM
I would like to think that a lot of the grievances we have with the game goes for the JP community, as well. In fact, if what some posters have said is correct, they feel almost the exact same way we do. Which is good. Enough people get on their ass, and things might get better.

TaigaUC
Feb 4, 2015, 07:54 AM
Yes, I am certain JP people have the same issues we do. I've read their complaints in reviews, and the JP friends I talk with have said the same things.

PSO2 isn't bad, but it isn't great. It has potential, but suffers from tons of stupid design decisions that hamper it on every corner.
- Many of the weapon PAs are unsatisfying, unimaginative or just plain weird.
- Weapon type choice is weird too. Rods and Wands are basically the same. Dual Blades and Twin Daggers almost the same. Katanas and Swords share similar weapons. No imagination.
- Techs are pretty generic as well. AOE, focus target, sucking up. Stuff like that. The homing ones suck ass at homing.
- A lot of weapons are ugly as all hell. Knuckles is still the worst by far. They also have the least camos.
- The way they decided to limit clothing color and clothing parts is absolutely awful.
- The entire emergency quest system is terrible. I still think PSO2 has the weirdest Time Attacks I've ever seen.
- Lack of proper party system. Block system is terrible, too.
- Tons of hidden or confusing stats that most people don't seem to know about.
- Lots of bullshit money sinks, especially the grinding/affixing system that most people still don't seem to know how to use.
- Everything seems to be around 85% about rewards/incentives, 15% actual fun.
- Weird class design and subclass limitations setup.
- Whenever they add something interesting in, they always ruin it in some way. For example, with outfits: ruin the shoes, or add an unremovable accesory that ruins the entire outfit.
- You still can't really see facial stuff in the shop previews because the camera is too far away. How can they miss something so simple? Also still a pain to preview Cast parts.
- Ultimate encourages players to do XH, and XH encourages players to do Ultimate. What the hell.
- GUI in general is still shitty.
- No sense of world. It's like they just toss whatever into the game, no f**ks given.
- Forcing players to leave blocks to access stuff in their room, mostly craft related. Also discourages people from actually using Team Rooms.

Then there's stuff that took them two years to fix:
- Resetting your setup whenever you change classes, which is basically every 30 minutes. For two years!
- Worst skill trees ever. For two years!
- Ice was the worst thing ever. For two years!
- A bunch of PAs/Techs were completely pointless and broken. The PA/Tech damage per level was totally broken, too. And they just broke PAs again.
- Inability to preview most stuff in the shop. For two years!
- Matterboard being a major pain up the butt.
- Grinding/affixing used to be even worse.
- I'm sure there's more, but they're not coming to mind right now.

It's pretty obvious that whoever is behind the design decisions for PSO2 is absolutely terrible at design.

At least they didn't make the same mistake with the regular quests like stupid Vindictus.
For those that don't know, Vindictus makes you complete strange requests for each mission (eg. finish a boss with a kick), and you can't proceed until you complete a certain amount.
Problem is, most people will ignore those requests, and there are so many separate missions for each area that nobody does them once they've completed them.
And at some point in the game, soloing becomes ridiculously difficult (basically requiring scape dolls) so you end up never being able to progress.
No idea if they ever fixed that, but it was still a problem when I logged in a year or two ago. Time flies.
The US version also made it so everytime you attempt a mission, you end up paying a fortune in repair and items to the point that your money constantly goes backwards. I quit at that point.

Maenara
Feb 4, 2015, 08:23 AM
My main grievance with PSO2 is that there's just not enough character development - to achieve 95% of your character's full potential, you have to:
•Complete Level Cap COs.
•Complete Area unlock COs.
•Complete Difficulty unlock COs.
•Complete SP COs.
---
•Do missions and COs until your class is level 75.
•Do missions and COs until your subclass is level 75.
•Do missions until your desired weapon drops.
•Do missions and COs until you have enough meseta to grind and affix your weapon.

And that's really it. It took me 3 weeks to make a new character, get her to 75/75, and equip her with a God Hand that was ground and affixed. I did get the God Hand prior to creating her, but still. Three weeks is terrible for an MMO. There should always be something you can do to improve your character in some way. And it shouldn't simply fall in one of two categories, mission or CO, either.

Cyclon
Feb 4, 2015, 10:26 AM
I would like to think that a lot of the grievances we have with the game goes for the JP community, as well. In fact, if what some posters have said is correct, they feel almost the exact same way we do. Which is good. Enough people get on their ass, and things might get better.I'll simply point out (again)that we of the non-japanese community most likely have no say at all in this, and too much negativity can make people who only want to chill and speak of the game in a positive manner avoid this place like the plague, even though as far as I know, there is nowhere else to go.

.Come on now; are we judging Sega or the game? It's like this list is making every little thing into an issue for the sole reason that they COULD potentially fix it. I mean, yes, it's frustrating, but very few of those are real problems.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 4, 2015, 10:44 AM
They need to spend less time on new items, more time on actual gameplay.
I'm pretty certain this is the main reason why people are dissatisfied with PSO2.
It has so much potential, and SEGA just sits on their ass making newer, pointless rewards instead of making the game more fun.
Yes, some people find getting rewards fun. But it wouldn't hurt to make the process fun too, would it?

That's the thing, adding lewd clothes and poses every 2 weeks is stuff a lot (keyword a lot) of people want and pay serious money for while the rest of the game doesn't, aside your occasional extra char or mag and premium. That is I think the major issue this entire game suffers. Since it doesn't make them any money why should they spend time into it?

I still think if this game wasn't f2p but monthly fee like PSO1 and PSU they would actually give us much more and better content cause we pay to actually play the game.

I keep hoping they will eventually see the light and add a fuckton of GOOD stuff but I fear for the worst :/

wefwq
Feb 4, 2015, 12:56 PM
That's the thing, adding lewd clothes and poses every 2 weeks is stuff a lot (keyword a lot) of people want and pay serious money for while the rest of the game doesn't, aside your occasional extra char or mag and premium. That is I think the major issue this entire game suffers. Since it doesn't make them any money why should they spend time into it?

I still think if this game wasn't f2p but monthly fee like PSO1 and PSU they would actually give us much more and better content cause we pay to actually play the game.

I keep hoping they will eventually see the light and add a fuckton of GOOD stuff but I fear for the worst :/
Except they still do make money off from those lewd costumes, as long there's new scratch people will play it in hope to get decent accessories ticket and resell it in hope of good amount of dosh.

wefwq
Feb 4, 2015, 12:58 PM

Except they still do make money off from those lewd costumes, as long there's new scratch people will play it in hope to get decent accessories ticket and resell it for good amount of dosh.

The only thing that keeping them adding shitty content because they always try to stick to default game system (eg: locking content behind timer, adding wall with passes, etc), they just should scrap those and start to make actual fresh and new content.

Mattykins
Feb 4, 2015, 05:19 PM
I'll simply point out (again)that we of the non-japanese community most likely have no say at all in this, and too much negativity can make people who only want to chill and speak of the game in a positive manner avoid this place like the plague, even though as far as I know, there is nowhere else to go.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/george-costanza-gives-up.gif

If that's what you wanna think, dawg...

landman
Feb 4, 2015, 05:38 PM
Early year has always been the worst season for this series regarding updates, they have the calendar already filled with Valentine, White day and Easter lol and just after Christmas no less... Edit: I'll be pleasantly surprised the day they celebrate Carnaval!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 4, 2015, 06:14 PM
Still waiting on that new series of PAs...

Been long enough. We should just get every other weapon category at once, but I know they won't do it.

Also, ship 2 is seriously low in active population recently. Wonder what's taking them so long to realize that dripfeeding does not lengthen the lifespan of their game when handled like this.

Terrence
Feb 4, 2015, 11:42 PM
Wonder what's taking them so long to realize that dripfeeding does not lengthen the lifespan of their game when handled like this.Another wise one who knows what a big company like SEGA should or shouldn't do. They are legion on this Forum, nowadays !
For them, too many updates leads to "SEGA's dumb" and too few updates leads to "SEGA's shit". =/ They complain in any case.
Won't you ever stop whining and be happy with what you have ? Just once. You'll feel better if you stop being embittered ones.

Xaeris
Feb 5, 2015, 12:00 AM
Still waiting on that new series of PAs...

Been long enough. We should just get every other weapon category at once, but I know they won't do it.

Also, ship 2 is seriously low in active population recently. Wonder what's taking them so long to realize that dripfeeding does not lengthen the lifespan of their game when handled like this.

I don't mind new PAs coming out in waves alongside content, like they did with SHAQs. The difference that irks me this time is that the content schedule is so much more diffuse. We got Naberius UQ in November, and the next UQ is going to be, what, April, at the earliest? If new PAs are confined to UQs as I expect them to be, then there are going to be weapons that can't expect to see their new PA until the end of the year on that sort of schedule.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 5, 2015, 12:03 AM
Another wise one who knows what a big company like SEGA should or shouldn't do. They are legion on this Forum, nowadays !
For them, too many updates leads to "SEGA's dumb" and too few updates leads to "SEGA's shit". =/ They complain in any case.
Won't you ever stop whining and be happy with what you have ? Just once. You'll feel better if you stop being embittered ones.

It's not whining when it's true.

Shut up already. You just look like a raging idiot.

Renvalt
Feb 5, 2015, 03:16 AM
If I'm mad over anything, it's that we're, what, several updates into Episode 3 and we've only gotten 2 TRULY new areas, Shironia and Facility (Nab UQ doesn't count IMO; it's basically a raid version of Forest with enemies from Tundra sprinkled in). We can't even explore that grassland tileset yet because all they've been doing is Nadeshiko-humping their beloved waifus (Sukuna has had WAY too much time to shine, and Quna's gone back to being a wannabe Miku that never will be). Oh, and need I mention Magatsu?

I mean, I don't MIND Magatsu; I think he looks epic as fuck - it's just that, in terms of actual CONTENT (like new areas, new enemies, new bosses, etc), I could say that things have been kinda dry.

Not to mention, too little story quests. Only 3 pages of Matter Board for EP3 - either Xiao is a terrible destiny weaver, or they're planning to kill off Matoi here and now. And tbh, I liked the whole bit of "1 Falz per Episode"; it gave some sense of variety. Not to mention, they CAN always come up with new BBDDLs (Big Bad Dark Demon Lords) - Magatsu proves this if anything.

I mean, how are they honestly going to explain the need to kill Apprentice-Bijin now that Ghetto-Oldprentice (the black lady) is back? Yeah, sure, it's a copy, but said copy's still as every bit as powerful as the original.

Not to mention we're still overdue on that whole Falz Persona fight. Why do I get the feeling I'm looking at a Japanese version of Warframe's Stalker every time I look at him?

Kiyumi
Feb 5, 2015, 03:45 AM
Yes, I am certain JP people have the same issues we do. I've read their complaints in reviews, and the JP friends I talk with have said the same things.

PSO2 isn't bad, but it isn't great. It has potential, but suffers from tons of stupid design decisions that hamper it on every corner.
- Many of the weapon PAs are unsatisfying, unimaginative or just plain weird.
- Weapon type choice is weird too. Rods and Wands are basically the same. Dual Blades and Twin Daggers almost the same. Katanas and Swords share similar weapons. No imagination.
- Techs are pretty generic as well. AOE, focus target, sucking up. Stuff like that. The homing ones suck ass at homing.
- A lot of weapons are ugly as all hell. Knuckles is still the worst by far. They also have the least camos.
- The way they decided to limit clothing color and clothing parts is absolutely awful.
- The entire emergency quest system is terrible. I still think PSO2 has the weirdest Time Attacks I've ever seen.
- Lack of proper party system. Block system is terrible, too.
- Tons of hidden or confusing stats that most people don't seem to know about.
- Lots of bullshit money sinks, especially the grinding/affixing system that most people still don't seem to know how to use.
- Everything seems to be around 85% about rewards/incentives, 15% actual fun.
- Weird class design and subclass limitations setup.
- Whenever they add something interesting in, they always ruin it in some way. For example, with outfits: ruin the shoes, or add an unremovable accesory that ruins the entire outfit.
- You still can't really see facial stuff in the shop previews because the camera is too far away. How can they miss something so simple? Also still a pain to preview Cast parts.
- Ultimate encourages players to do XH, and XH encourages players to do Ultimate. What the hell.
- GUI in general is still shitty.
- No sense of world. It's like they just toss whatever into the game, no f**ks given.
- Forcing players to leave blocks to access stuff in their room, mostly craft related. Also discourages people from actually using Team Rooms.

Then there's stuff that took them two years to fix:
- Resetting your setup whenever you change classes, which is basically every 30 minutes. For two years!
- Worst skill trees ever. For two years!
- Ice was the worst thing ever. For two years!
- A bunch of PAs/Techs were completely pointless and broken. The PA/Tech damage per level was totally broken, too. And they just broke PAs again.
- Inability to preview most stuff in the shop. For two years!
- Matterboard being a major pain up the butt.
- Grinding/affixing used to be even worse.
- I'm sure there's more, but they're not coming to mind right now.

It's pretty obvious that whoever is behind the design decisions for PSO2 is absolutely terrible at design.

At least they didn't make the same mistake with the regular quests like stupid Vindictus.
For those that don't know, Vindictus makes you complete strange requests for each mission (eg. finish a boss with a kick), and you can't proceed until you complete a certain amount.
Problem is, most people will ignore those requests, and there are so many separate missions for each area that nobody does them once they've completed them.
And at some point in the game, soloing becomes ridiculously difficult (basically requiring scape dolls) so you end up never being able to progress.
No idea if they ever fixed that, but it was still a problem when I logged in a year or two ago. Time flies.
The US version also made it so everytime you attempt a mission, you end up paying a fortune in repair and items to the point that your money constantly goes backwards. I quit at that point.

Another wall of text.

Why do you even play this game?

Ce'Nedra
Feb 5, 2015, 03:54 AM
Except they still do make money off from those lewd costumes, as long there's new scratch people will play it in hope to get decent accessories ticket and resell it for good amount of dosh.

The only thing that keeping them adding shitty content because they always try to stick to default game system (eg: locking content behind timer, adding wall with passes, etc), they just should scrap those and start to make actual fresh and new content.

I know it makes them a fuckton of money from it, that's what I was trying to say...did I say it wrongly in my post? I mean I scratch myself cause its quick easy money which I can miss irl anyway and I really cba to run TACOs every week with 1 or serval chars (though I should, just scratching alone doesn't cover much anymore these days with every LA being 20m range and 8 chars to maintain gear wise)

I hope they remove shit like capsules too. I mean sure you can make 1 or 2 quests that needs some form of payment but at least make it easier to access for everyone. SHAQ barely pays 10 caps back and no one is going to fork over 700k to buy 10 caps in item shops or fork over CC or whatever. Really, SHAQ should be 1 cap already or just removed altogether.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 5, 2015, 03:59 AM
If I'm mad over anything, it's that we're, what, several updates into Episode 3 and we've only gotten 2 TRULY new areas, Shironia and Facility (Nab UQ doesn't count IMO; it's basically a raid version of Forest with enemies from Tundra sprinkled in). We can't even explore that grassland tileset yet because all they've been doing is Nadeshiko-humping their beloved waifus (Sukuna has had WAY too much time to shine, and Quna's gone back to being a wannabe Miku that never will be). Oh, and need I mention Magatsu?

I mean, I don't MIND Magatsu; I think he looks epic as fuck - it's just that, in terms of actual CONTENT (like new areas, new enemies, new bosses, etc), I could say that things have been kinda dry.

Not to mention, too little story quests. Only 3 pages of Matter Board for EP3 - either Xiao is a terrible destiny weaver, or they're planning to kill off Matoi here and now. And tbh, I liked the whole bit of "1 Falz per Episode"; it gave some sense of variety. Not to mention, they CAN always come up with new BBDDLs (Big Bad Dark Demon Lords) - Magatsu proves this if anything.

I mean, how are they honestly going to explain the need to kill Apprentice-Bijin now that Ghetto-Oldprentice (the black lady) is back? Yeah, sure, it's a copy, but said copy's still as every bit as powerful as the original.

Not to mention we're still overdue on that whole Falz Persona fight. Why do I get the feeling I'm looking at a Japanese version of Warframe's Stalker every time I look at him?

Magatsu and Oldprentice are both clones from Double. Neither of them, by themselves, are actually anything special (although Magatsu's true power is comparable to a Dark Falz, it's still sealed, the current Magatsu fight is only a fraction of its power). If anything, the EP3 format is setting the stage for Double. EP1/2 had Gettemhart and Luther on the stage right from the start. EP3 is doing that with Double. The only thing to wonder is whether or not Magatsu's true form will ever be fought (knowing these kinds of stories, yes is almost a given, but there's always room for unconventional twists), and if it is, when. Could be set for later in EP3, but I seriously doubt Double is going to be left out. There's no reason both Magatsu's fully unsealed form and Dark Falz [Double] won't be fought before EP4. Double's Hunar/Angel form equivalents have been datamined, so...yeah. Harkotan 2 is also on the way, so be patient with that. I'd also like to point out that the whole of EP2 only gave us Coast/Quarry/Seabed (and Mothership). Pretty much right on schedule for areas so far.

Oldprentice is really nothing special. It's a clone. Keep in mind, three Luther clones kicked everyone's asses back when Double's cloning powers were demonstrated. Luther almost certainly was not capable of fighting anyone story relevant barehanded, but its clones did just that and forced a retreat. So it's a safe bet that Oldprentice's strength speaks for Double's cloning powers and not Oldprentice. And uh, I seriously doubt Apprentice is getting killed off. At least, the body sure isn't. And definitely not because of Oldprentice being around. Apprentice is almost certainly stronger than Oldprentice, not to mention an actual character. Oldprentice is more like a weapon than a character.

Though, an Emergency Code involving the player teaming up with Elder to defeat Apprentice was datamined ages ago. Who knows what's planned with Apprentice's future? Who knows why the player would team up with Elder? All I can say for sure is that EP3 should be about on par with EP2, story-wise. It's not going to be easy to predict.

Since Persona is the player from another timeline and is working to prepare them for the Profound Darkness' approach, I highly doubt Dark Falz [Persona] will be fought until near the end of the story as a final challenge before fighting the Profound Darkness itself. If Persona even has a Dark Falz form. Hasn't even demonstrated a Hunar/Angel equivalent and doesn't summon darkers.

Rakurai
Feb 5, 2015, 04:35 AM
I get the vibe that the Magatsu that's fought in the AIS quest is the real deal.

It certainly seems a lot more powerful then the cloned ones, at least.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 6, 2015, 12:23 AM
Another wise one who knows what a big company like SEGA should or shouldn't do. They are legion on this Forum, nowadays !

You really are just a raging idiot.

Shady3011
Feb 7, 2015, 10:53 AM
Fast food cuisine of gaming basically.

So modern gaming, huh?