PDA

View Full Version : challenge quest

jooozek
Jan 30, 2015, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603Nblsvb9w
starts at 2:46

Walkure
Jan 30, 2015, 11:11 AM
No apparent equipment (or basic equipment), subpallete spaces where actives/stances would probably go are blank.

Maybe it's something like Salvage event from FFXI (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Salvage#The_Pathos_of_Alzadaal) where huge parts of the game (equipment, subclass, etc) are restricted until after accomplishing certain things, or maybe it's just that you can use what drops off the floor.

Poyonche
Jan 30, 2015, 11:15 AM
It is a part of the trailer they unveiled in the last Live Broadcast

wefwq
Jan 30, 2015, 12:15 PM
Repeat until good weapon types drop: the quest, or weapon drops are fixed?
Man, i hope this one doesn't turn into one hell of roulette.

Alukard
Jan 30, 2015, 12:39 PM
Needs more rng

Hrith
Jan 30, 2015, 12:58 PM
So this is bound to be the big '2015 reveal' that PSO1 players were supposed to recognise, and many of us here had called it would be Challenge Mode.

I have really high hopes for that mode, it's quite exciting.
I hope it's really close to what PSO1 had, so your character is totally blank, but I do wonder what the rewards could be - a weapon which potential you can select? :P

LonelyGaruga
Jan 30, 2015, 01:22 PM
Challenge mode was revealed in last month's broadcast. Showed more stuff too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfz1QbxLQk (Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225554&page=8))

Macman
Feb 1, 2015, 04:23 PM
But will I be able to make a SEALEDJソード?

Rakurai
Feb 1, 2015, 11:55 PM
I find the lack of a timer during the quest a little strange.

It would be nice if they were still completable solo for rewards, just much more difficult and time-consuming.

Qualia
Feb 2, 2015, 01:55 AM
Is there even going to be any incentive to run this? Are there like any rewards?

Totori
Feb 2, 2015, 02:22 AM
Fun factor is a good reward.

AzurEnd
Feb 2, 2015, 02:35 AM

Thats for sure I mean every run in that mode from the looks of it has the potential to be different every single time and might force you out of the comfort zone of how you usually play.

Hopefully they do have some decent rewards though so you can get players together more easily for it.

Maenara
Feb 2, 2015, 02:36 AM
As a person who has every class capped, I will have an advantage in this mode, as everything is within my comfort zone.

untrustful
Feb 2, 2015, 02:42 AM
I'm thinking if players could choose a weapon type and potential ability after completing cmode, the potential abilities will be limited to boosting a specific photon art or tech.

Sanguine2009
Feb 2, 2015, 02:43 AM
im looking forward to this. while it being 12 man is a huge red flag i still hope it is not a total wash.

Totori
Feb 2, 2015, 02:57 AM
Won't be fun to see all the unexpected events that can pop up~?

Qualia
Feb 2, 2015, 02:58 AM

New things only stay fun in this game for maybe a month max. It's going to need more to it than simple fun factor to be worthwhile.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2015, 03:26 AM
Can't say I'm excited about the whole thing being lol12manmpa. If you have a dead team or whatever you are forced to run with pugs and we all know how terrible running with pugs is from EQs. I'm sure sega will sega the rewards to be either utter trash or godtier OP. Maybe lol14*?

Should of stayed a goddamn single party quest like on PSO1 ._ .

Xaelouse
Feb 2, 2015, 03:45 AM
There is nothing wrong with pugs until you release a poorly designed quest like the current Magatsu.

Qualia
Feb 2, 2015, 04:06 AM
There is nothing wrong with pugs until you release a poorly designed quest like the current Magatsu.

I've literally never S-ranked a TD3 run with pugs.

Atmius
Feb 2, 2015, 04:07 AM

Lower difficulty TD's are pretty bad, particularly 3. The real issue with challenge mode is that while finding 3 other people to do it shouldn't prove too difficult, finding 11 others after challenge mode hype dies down will be, especially if it doesn't scale in difficulty to player count. Give it a few months and you'll see nobody doing challenge mode because everybody has what they want from it already, and those who do want to do it screwed because there's nobody to do it with anymore.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2015, 04:45 AM
Lower difficulty TD's are pretty bad, particularly 3. The real issue with challenge mode is that while finding 3 other people to do it shouldn't prove too difficult, finding 11 others after challenge mode hype dies down will be, especially if it doesn't scale in difficulty to player count. Give it a few months and you'll see nobody doing challenge mode because everybody has what they want from it already, and those who do want to do it screwed because there's nobody to do it with anymore.

Exactly like how UQ are right now and have been for 2 months. Everyone and their mom are to busy fapping over 13* that will never drop unless you farm 24/7 for months (and still get one you don't want/can't use) and rest of the UQ is pretty dead. I still want lv17 PAs that only drop in UQs and a 2nd Yami to 50% my current but there are just simply NO games for it.

Unless there is a random magical block where people UQ for the sake of UQ and not farm Anga that I don't know off like how B27 is the Anga farm block.

Z-0
Feb 2, 2015, 05:49 AM
Only difference between Anga farming and "normal" UQ is that you will never see Diabo. Everything else is the exact same. Ergo, getting 17 PAs from UQ is still extremely feasible. You also talk like people are wrong to hunt for 13*s.

Of course, Yami comes from Diabo, lol. _(:3」∠)_

Syklo
Feb 2, 2015, 06:08 AM
Unless there is a random magical block where people UQ for the sake of UQ and not farm Anga that I don't know off like how B27 is the Anga farm block.

I dunno about you, but I happened to have found this "magical block" on my ship. It's one of the Vita-PC shared ultimate/XH blocks.

And I understand why.

Xaeris
Feb 2, 2015, 06:32 AM
Only difference between Anga farming and "normal" UQ is that you will never see Diabo. Everything else is the exact same.

I disagree. Anga farming is very different from playing a UQ straight. Playing a UQ straight means playing it from start to finish, with most of your time spent in combat, actually playing. The process of Anga farming means surveying dud maps, and waiting for good rooms to fill, i.e, time spent doing essentially nothing. And that's not even including the time spent trying to get into B27 in the first place.

On top of that, real talk: Anga Fundarge is probably the most boring fight in UQ for most classes. It has an easily accessible weak point, isn't particularly mobile most of the time, and literally loses its marbles if smacked with Ilgrants enough. Isolating it as the primary content in UQs will make for a very different experience compared to normal play, which will more regularly include the other bosses.

landman
Feb 2, 2015, 06:46 AM
Is there even going to be any incentive to run this? Are there like any rewards?
inb4 Klotho saves Challenge Mode :wacko:

Achelousaurus
Feb 2, 2015, 06:55 AM
12 man again.
._.
GG
RIP
There goes all my hype

Yeah.
Ult didn't last 2 weeks before interest was gone aside from people seriously farming Anga.
Unless c-mode has a similarly good incentive it will just be empty.

Also, at 2:02 we see Ash attack Magatsu's foot, wtf? Oh and for some reason he's got Bio Glion instead of his usual sword (or gigush).

As for ult, Anga farming is quite different, obviously, or people wouldn't do "Anga farming" would do "ult naberius" to hunt 13*.

And finally, there is no point whatsoever in doing ult for lvl 17 discs.
There is an LQ in XH.
We got so many XH eqs by now you can easily farm there, too.
All a lot easier and faster than ult, a hell lot annoying and a hell lot more rewarding and fun.

Ezodagrom
Feb 2, 2015, 07:03 AM
And finally, there is no point whatsoever in doing ult for lvl 17 discs.
There is an LQ in XH.
We got so many XH eqs by now you can easily farm there, too.
All a lot easier and faster than ult, a hell lot annoying and a hell lot more rewarding and fun.

I still want lv17 PAs that only drop in UQs
Basically the newest PAs that are exclusive to the UQ.

Anyway, at this point I wish 12 player content was exclusive to EQs and LQs, with everything else being 4 player content.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2015, 07:13 AM
Basically the newest PAs that are exclusive to the UQ.

Anyway, at this point I wish 12 player content was exclusive to EQs and LQs, with everything else being 4 player content.

Pretty much this. I mean stuff like Chase Arrow and Vinto and what else that drops there, consider the fact I have 8 characters I need quite a few duplicates of these PAs since I play all classes multiple times in all sorts of mixes.

I also agree with Ezo in terms of 12 player content. Even free fields could be reduced to 4 players aside maybe random Trigger MPAs.

@Z-0: I'm not saying people are wrong for farming Anga, I just say it kills content like UQs because people obviously only want the strongest gear so they farm Anga forever. This is a trend we always seen in this game and won't ever change. AQ, XQ etc all had it too and look how dead they are now. Also what Xaeris said I guess.

Atmius
Feb 2, 2015, 07:35 AM
XQ's are still locked behind daily passes (even though they're easy enough to get, and you only lose two per Kuroto co set, one if you do Alis' co), and AQ are stlil behind capsules. That alone is enough of a disincentive to play them, especially for SHAQ. I know some people will actually waste XQ passes restarting multiple times just to get rare floors, and I can honestly kind of see why they would.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2015, 08:24 AM
Doesn't change the fact at one point the best gear was obtained only there and people ran it non stop to obtain said gear, that is kinda what I was trying to say when I referred to AQ and XQ.

I agree its bullshit you need to pay for runs, specially SHAQ should be 1 cap payment by now instead of 10, you rarely break even unless you cross burst a lot and even then I had times I didn't get enough.

Ezodagrom
Feb 2, 2015, 09:45 AM
It's also very annoying getting disconnected mid XQs and AQs because of them being gated, pretty much wasting passes/capsules... I remember that making me lose interest in AQs for a rather long time.

In the case of AQs, the capsules requirement together with there being less enemies with less players (meaning less capsules) is also a big turn off from doing AQs when we can't get a full party going.
I wouldn't mind the capsules requirements as much if number of enemies that appeared was independent of the number of players in AQs (especially during pse bursts, even with 4 players there's just not enough enemies spawning at once, let alone with less than 4 players).

Searaphim
Feb 2, 2015, 09:47 AM
Doesn't change the fact at one point the best gear was obtained only there and people ran it non stop to obtain said gear, that is kinda what I was trying to say when I referred to AQ and XQ.

I agree its bullshit you need to pay for runs, specially SHAQ should be 1 cap payment by now instead of 10, you rarely break even unless you cross burst a lot and even then I had times I didn't get enough.

And that's why barely anyone does SHAQ (and when they do they forget they don't have enough caps) even though there are still good things to get from there. My Shift Period PA is still stuck at lvl 12 cuz of that :[

XQ's are still locked behind daily passes (even though they're easy enough to get, and you only lose two per Kuroto co set, one if you do Alis' co), and AQ are stlil behind capsules. That alone is enough of a disincentive to play them, especially for SHAQ. I know some people will actually waste XQ passes restarting multiple times just to get rare floors, and I can honestly kind of see why they would.

Not mentionning that TACOs have a week cooldown. Everything is locked behind walls and now people don't promote any runs anymore. At least if we had XH on Free exploration runs we'd see more people playing together? oh wait, UQ farming. I wish they'd just put UQ stuff as random events during XH Free runs or something (maybe like Abduction or something?).

wefwq
Feb 2, 2015, 09:52 AM
It's also very annoying getting disconnected mid XQs and AQs because of them being gated, pretty much wasting passes/capsules... I remember that making me lose interest in AQs for a rather long time.

In the case of AQs, the capsules requirement together with there being less enemies with less players (meaning less capsules) is also a big turn off from doing AQs when we can't get a full party going.
I wouldn't mind the capsules requirements as much if number of enemies that appeared was independent of the number of players in AQs (especially during pse bursts, even with 4 players there's just not enough enemies spawning at once, let alone with less than 4 players).
Damn i still remember the day when XQ was actually pretty challenging to solo and people rarely run it so i have really hard time to find a group to run it, and then this 630 happened in the middle of run...

Searaphim
Feb 2, 2015, 09:56 AM
Damn i still remember the day when XQ was actually pretty challenging to solo and people rarely run it so i have really hard time to find a group to run it, and then this 630 happened in the middle of run...

I see where you're coming from, even I find it easier to just run it solo. It takes a bit longer than running it in a party but probably not as long as trying to find that said party.

Last time I did an XQ in a party one of the guys got a 630 and took too long to come back so another guy left........

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2015, 10:55 AM
And that's why barely anyone does SHAQ (and when they do they forget they don't have enough caps) even though there are still good things to get from there. My Shift Period PA is still stuck at lvl 12 cuz of that :[

Cap shit aside I still have fun in AQs and run them on a regular base, they are nice exp and fodder farming, if stuff would drop that is. PA's are pretty much another reason I run them since they can't be found in XH either.

We could always meet up for some SHAQs if you can find me online, timezones might make it hard or nearly impossible though ^^;

EvilMag
Feb 2, 2015, 11:52 AM
If there is one thing I can give UQ, its the fact I can at least hunt what I want (13*s) I probably would have quit this game if they pulled that shit again with locking the boss that drops the best shit behind an EQ.

Dnd
Feb 2, 2015, 12:28 PM
If there is one thing I can give UQ, its the fact I can at least hunt what I want (13*s) I probably would have quit this game if they pulled that shit again with locking the boss that drops the best shit behind an EQ.

^ thats great and all but for the people who weren't lucky enough to get the 12*'s they wanted in the first month are pretty much screwed out of ever getting them now because all people do 'is' anga farm and i doubt you can easily find another 6~7 people to spam UQ normally to make it easier either :/

Yden
Feb 2, 2015, 12:55 PM
So back on topic of challenge quests, these are pretty much PSO2 the rogue-lite aren't they?

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2015, 01:11 PM
^ thats great and all but for the people who weren't lucky enough to get the 12*'s they wanted in the first month are pretty much screwed out of ever getting them now because all people do 'is' anga farm and i doubt you can easily find another 6~7 people to spam UQ normally to make it easier either :/

Pretty much this. It makes me wish not all 13* were anga exclusive but just a few and rest area drop like how XH handles their 12*s. People would run UQ normally then. It's more feastible for everyone cause I can't imagine Anga farming being real fun cause the fight itself is rather boring.

EvilMag
Feb 2, 2015, 01:14 PM
Oh trust me I think Anga farming to boring to all hell and I wish Sega would just spread the 13* drops to every boss/enemy. I don't give a shit about themes.

enemies in UQ can drop 12*s but uh....good luck with that. Almost 1-50 XQ 11* weapon drop rate there. :/

My team has been doing team UQs lately. We've been doing them on Fridays and Saturdays, if you really want to rally up people for an UQ, you know I'll be up for that. I still would like another 12* rod to 50 element mine.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2015, 01:21 PM
Sounds like a plan. I will try keep that in mind and poke you online sometime for it.

Terrence
Feb 2, 2015, 01:39 PM
Oh trust me I think Anga farming to boring to all hell and I wish Sega would just spread the 13* drops to every boss/enemy. I don't give a shit about themes.
If you're not a lucky bastard, you have to suffer to get your 13★. What's wrong with that ? Those are the best weapons in the game !
But once again, here's a player who wants something to be made easier. The same who will say Pso2 is too easy as early as tomorrow.

Z-0
Feb 2, 2015, 01:40 PM
Congrats, someone says they think it's a bad idea that the 13★s are on one boss, and you are being a self-righteous brat acting like opinions are wrong!!

Nobody cares about having to "suffer" for 13*. They just want the suffering to be a little less stupid. Not sure how you missed that.

Xaeris
Feb 2, 2015, 02:16 PM
Could we please stop feeding this troll? ffs, he's not even good at it. Not even the first lick of guile or subtlety.

Macman
Feb 2, 2015, 03:40 PM
I can't wait for new 13* to come out elsewhere so this retarded UQ vs Anga shit dies down.

Oh wait the next set are coming from another PB monster on Lillipa and have worse latents. :-?

Vatallus
Feb 2, 2015, 03:51 PM
Would make UQ a lot more fun having 13*s on every boss and not just one. Personally I'd rather get Chain Sword over any of Anga's hunter weapons but... well good luck to me for that one. Gave up and jumped on B27 and did ultimate for the first time in the past 2 months. Still the same old anga farming. I guess I'll have to suck it up but I won't be caught dead running EQs on them. Since on the ship I play on the Anga farmers somehow are usually terrible at EQs.

SakoHaruo
Feb 2, 2015, 05:41 PM
Still no Team/Guild content.
Still no new challenging 1p - 4p content.

Call me when Episode 4 class hype.

Shinmarizu
Feb 2, 2015, 05:51 PM
I can only hope that Challenge mode will scale up or down depending on the number of players in a given instance. But that means that rewards will likely scale the same way.

At this point I feel the best option here is to run it as a small group (locked) and just take as much fun/challenge as you can from it. And no paywalls, timegates or any of that crap.

IMO, UQ suffers from execution. I think it should have been a free field exploration with an end goal / boss room. While there is incentive (12*s, 13*s, soul fodder), there is no challenge. I really hope Sega will realize this.

SStrikerR
Feb 2, 2015, 06:58 PM
As a person who has every class capped, I will have an advantage in this mode, as everything is within my comfort zone.

Hopefully there are no rewards, that way you can focus on playing and not have to worry about the economy.

Mattykins
Feb 2, 2015, 07:28 PM
Hopefully there are no rewards, that way you can focus on playing and not have to worry about the economy.

But then no one would do it |:T