Cadfael
Jan 31, 2015, 10:06 AM
Needs salt.

Stealthcmc1974
Jan 31, 2015, 02:27 PM
Inb4 move to FKL

Noblewine
Jan 31, 2015, 06:49 PM
What crazy lingo are you hip youngsters coming up with now. Say no to drugs boys and girls. =/

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 31, 2015, 11:09 PM
play a real sonic game

Noblewine
Jan 31, 2015, 11:15 PM
Like the Sega Genesis ones? =0
The sonic games on the gba/DS Lite are not as bad as the console versions.

HIT0SHI
Jan 31, 2015, 11:27 PM
Like the Sega Genesis ones? =0

Then again are the Sonic games on the GBA or DS Lite any good?

Nah, Sonic Boom is where it's at. ;-)

Noblewine
Jan 31, 2015, 11:31 PM

What drugs are you smoking buddy? lol
I know that's a lie.

Sord
Jan 31, 2015, 11:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPC8W672mXc

The best sonic opening. Shame about the TV show shit.

HIT0SHI
Feb 1, 2015, 12:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPC8W672mXc

The best sonic opening. Shame about the TV show shit.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJz33hKDR0[/SPOILER-BOX]

Which TV show out of all 5?

Sord
Feb 1, 2015, 12:36 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Sonic CD: Sonic Boom (Crush 40) with Lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJz33hKDR0)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Which TV show out of all 5?

All of it?
actually Adventures is kind of a guilty nostalgic pleasure

HIT0SHI
Feb 1, 2015, 12:46 AM
SAT AM was pretty good, the other ones are debatable though. lol

Sord
Feb 1, 2015, 01:20 AM
SAT AM was pretty good, the other ones are debatable though. lol

I've seen the first few eps and scattered bits. Was never too impressed. Though the archie comics get even crazier.

mctastee
Feb 1, 2015, 01:25 AM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Sayara
Feb 1, 2015, 01:44 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Chaos_Coverart.png

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2015, 02:00 AM
my favorite is SA1 so am safe.

yoshiblue
Feb 1, 2015, 06:44 AM
Needs more NiGHTS.

Edson Drake
Feb 1, 2015, 07:46 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Chaos_Coverart.png

Sonic Chaos is awesome, favourite SMS Sonic :3

Angry_Ryudo
Feb 1, 2015, 08:31 AM
I liked Sonic Adventure 2 overall, exploration was a little bit random/boring sometimes, but it was an awesome game imo.

Outrider
Feb 1, 2015, 03:17 PM
The problem with Sonic Adventure 2 is that they got rid of the Adventure fields.

Yeah, I said it.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Feb 1, 2015, 03:44 PM
Sonic Adventure 1 is bad too. >_>

Noblewine
Feb 1, 2015, 05:40 PM
Sonic needs a vacation.....

Crazyleo
Feb 1, 2015, 07:57 PM
Sonic needs a vacation.....

He'll probably die from boredom if he did that.

(Then maybe Sega will release PSO2)

Noblewine
Feb 1, 2015, 08:09 PM
He'll probably die from boredom if he did that.

(Then maybe Sega will release PSO2)

PSO2 is having an ending is a myth to me. The admins won't even admit of a secret event that is ending to the game.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 1, 2015, 09:34 PM
Nerdhero having more bad opinions. Nothing new here.

NoiseHERO
Feb 1, 2015, 10:42 PM
wait what i ain't make this thread. D:

and you prolly wear sunglasses at night naruto vortex shu'up D<

Nitro Vordex
Feb 1, 2015, 11:34 PM
It's too bright at night for me.

Noblewine
Feb 2, 2015, 01:43 PM
I am proud to be a nerd! :D

But yeah, beware the wave of bad Sonic games like Generation.... whats the deal with game companies and nostalgia? It feels like its just a desperate cash grab.

Gotta feed the nostalgia am I right Sega?

Sord
Feb 2, 2015, 05:46 PM
I am proud to be a nerd! :D

But yeah, beware the wave of bad Sonic games like Generation.... whats the deal with game companies and nostalgia? It feels like its just a desperate cash grab.

Gotta feed the nostalgia am I right Sega?

I liked Generations quite a bit, the hell was your problem with it? Was pretty much exactly what I wanted, I just wanted MORE than what they gave us. Hardly any story BS, great music selection, and a bunch of awesome level designs. With the PC version you can also mod in the running levels from Unleashed which were also great. It was just the werehog levels that sucked.

Noblewine
Feb 2, 2015, 06:06 PM
I liked Generations quite a bit, the hell was your problem with it? Was pretty much exactly what I wanted, I just wanted MORE than what they gave us. Hardly any story BS, great music selection, and a bunch of awesome level designs. With the PC version you can also mod in the running levels from Unleashed which were also great. It was just the werehog levels that sucked.

Do I need to put things in bold or underline my reason why I avoid those games and bash gaming companies in general since 2000-2015?

Outrider
Feb 2, 2015, 07:21 PM
Do I need to put things in bold or underline my reason why I avoid those games and bash gaming companies in general since 2000-2015?

Sorry. None of us subscribe to your newsletter.

Noblewine
Feb 2, 2015, 07:42 PM
Touche Outrider. Touche. XD

Outrider
Feb 2, 2015, 10:42 PM
See, you missed your chance to talk about your newsletter.

Now that moment has passed.

Your loss, dude.

Noblewine
Feb 3, 2015, 01:39 AM
See, you missed your chance to talk about your newsletter.

Now that moment has passed.

Your loss, dude.

Eh you lost me. I don't work for shitake. lol

Shadowpawn
Feb 3, 2015, 02:34 PM
Eh you lost me. I don't work for shitake. lol

He's saying you're bad at marketing.

Outrider
Feb 3, 2015, 03:55 PM
PROMOTE YOUR BRAND

PhotonDrop
Feb 3, 2015, 04:01 PM
YOUR BRAND

Look! Look with your special eyes!

mctastee
Feb 3, 2015, 04:29 PM
Look! Look with your special eyes!
I'd like to look at your special eyes.

Palle
Feb 3, 2015, 05:33 PM
Special eyes.

Specialize.

Special lies.

Noblewine
Feb 3, 2015, 06:32 PM
He's saying you're bad at marketing.

I am not in marketing. I just had an opinion. *shrugs*

My bad. =/

Outrider
Feb 3, 2015, 06:35 PM
SOMEBODY ISN'T REPRESENTING THEIR BRAND.

Noblewine
Feb 3, 2015, 06:37 PM
What brand? XD
I don't get the joke. Someone help me out here.

"En"
Feb 3, 2015, 08:53 PM
Every Sonic game is bad. The question is whether or not they're fun.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Feb 4, 2015, 01:28 AM
Every Sonic game is bad. The question is whether or not they're fun.

Wise man/woman/pillbug

Outrider
Feb 4, 2015, 11:21 AM
Definitely a pillbug.

RagolBuilt
Feb 4, 2015, 11:26 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19bn4fh5ek6jbpng/original.png

darkante
Feb 4, 2015, 01:06 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19bn4fh5ek6jbpng/original.png

This>Sonic 2> Every other ones.

RagolBuilt
Feb 4, 2015, 01:27 PM
This>Sonic 2> Every other ones.

That Ice Cap Zone though ^^

Jaqlou Swig KING
Feb 4, 2015, 02:23 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/veSFrIVKXOY/maxresdefault.jpg

Noblewine
Feb 4, 2015, 06:01 PM
Sonic needs a vacation. :/

Sord
Feb 4, 2015, 06:31 PM
Sonic needs a vacation. :/

http://i.imgur.com/32eJGP8.jpg
A permanent vacation.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 4, 2015, 09:18 PM

bad sonic games like generations
Out. Now.

Noblewine
Feb 5, 2015, 10:00 PM
Out. Now.
Why do I need to leave for having an opinion. Sorry for opening my mouth. =/

http://i.imgur.com/32eJGP8.jpg
A permanent vacation.

????? Me or Sonic?

Nitro Vordex
Feb 5, 2015, 10:54 PM
How is Generations a bad game? It's easily one of the best 3d Sonic's to come out since Adventure. Colors also being up there as well.

Noblewine
Feb 5, 2015, 11:46 PM
How is Generations a bad game? It's easily one of the best 3d Sonic's to come out since Adventure. Colors also being up there as well.

You mean it did good in sells? I just said I don't like games that feed off nostalgia. That's all. Its like Nintendo and the HD remakes they've made recently. They feel like desperate cash grabs.

Sord
Feb 6, 2015, 12:00 AM
You mean it did good in sells? I just said I don't like games that feed off nostalgia. That's all. Its like Nintendo and the HD remakes they've made recently. They feel like desperate cash grabs.

It's a legitimately good game. The bugs aren't bad. The levels are a good length. The music is great and has tons of remixes. There's no real slow parts. The bad story isn't crammed down your throat.

Is it a total cash grab? Yes, so is every major video game title. They're the product of businesses. Their end goal is to make more money. However, a lot of fans had been demanding a game like Generations for a long time. All speed levels with no gimmicky shit. Plenty of throwbacks to the old games the fanbase initially loved (Sonic 1, 2, 3.) Sega finally actually delivered to them what they really wanted rather than another half-ass sonic title. It may be a cash grab, but at least it's a cash grab we wanted, versus all the other cash grabs we did not want (all the crappy sonic games.) Good cash grabs give the market what they want, bad ones don't.

RagolBuilt
Feb 6, 2015, 12:37 AM
http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/SONIC22-600x450.png

Noblewine
Feb 6, 2015, 09:02 PM
It may be a cash grab, but at least it's a cash grab we wanted, versus all the other cash grabs we did not want (all the crappy sonic games.) Good cash grabs give the market what they want, bad ones don't.

Ok my bad. I didn't realize you wanted to play the game or if other did as well. What I mean is companies like Nintendo or Crapcom with making remakes of games that "improve things" compared to the older games. Do you like those as well? Just asking. I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Sord
Feb 6, 2015, 10:19 PM
Ok my bad. I didn't realize you wanted to play the game or if other did as well. What I mean is companies like Nintendo or Crapcom with making remakes of games that "improve things" compared to the older games. Do you like those as well? Just asking. I'm not trying to be a jerk.

Yeah. I bought Super Metroid on the Wii U. Sure, I could just emulate it on a computer, but having it run full rez on a large screen TV, with zero errors, glitches, or slowdowns is nice.

However, as per buying remakes of old games, with me it is usually limited to fighting games. Namely because emulation can be sketchy enough to fuck with your move inputs, which leads to messing things up. Certain fighting games, even in the same series, have specific mechanics unique to that particular game, or move sets on characters or just straight up characters unique to that game. Since I go back at least to the PS2 era with this stuff, but no longer actually have a working PS2 to play these games on, yes, an HD port of a classic fighting game would be something I might potentially buy (and have bought.) I also bought Sonic CD on my phone 'cause it's nice to kill time with and has a nice soundtrack (actually two, you can choose between US and JP tracks.) I'll admit it is easy money, but there are people who legitimately want the stuff, otherwise it wouldn't be profitable to do it in the first place.

Noblewine
Feb 7, 2015, 08:30 PM
Yeah. I bought Super Metroid on the Wii U. Sure, I could just emulate it on a computer, but having it run full rez on a large screen TV, with zero errors, glitches, or slowdowns is nice.

However, as per buying remakes of old games, with me it is usually limited to fighting games. Namely because emulation can be sketchy enough to fuck with your move inputs, which leads to messing things up. Certain fighting games, even in the same series, have specific mechanics unique to that particular game, or move sets on characters or just straight up characters unique to that game. Since I go back at least to the PS2 era with this stuff, but no longer actually have a working PS2 to play these games on, yes, an HD port of a classic fighting game would be something I might potentially buy (and have bought.) I also bought Sonic CD on my phone 'cause it's nice to kill time with and has a nice soundtrack (actually two, you can choose between US and JP tracks.) I'll admit it is easy money, but there are people who legitimately want the stuff, otherwise it wouldn't be profitable to do it in the first place.

I see. I just find when Nintendo remakes Zelda Wind Waker and improves the graphic or adding light affects (whatever it was) or slow/boring parts of the game I start to question why they felt the need to do this. That's all. I forgot to meantion what they've done to Yoshi Island.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 8, 2015, 08:06 PM
Like Sord said, I like when game companies rerelease older games, merely because I know (or mostly know) they're going to work 100% of the time, and not fuck themselves. I'll also gladly support a developer who delivers an older game to a platform I'd like to have said games on. (GBA games on 3DS when Nintendo ;_;)

Noblewine
Feb 8, 2015, 08:30 PM
Like Sord said, I like when game companies rerelease older games, merely because I know (or mostly know) they're going to work 100% of the time, and not fuck themselves. I'll also gladly support a developer who delivers an older game to a platform I'd like to have said games on. (GBA games on 3DS when Nintendo ;_;)

Ok that's fair and I agree as long as it fixe dugs/glitches that break the game. It just feels like its hard to tell what their intentions are when they remake Yoshi Island for the 3rd time just to changes stuff and lose its core gameplay that made me like Nintendo when I was younger.
I also have a few remakes that I play on my DS Lite mainly because I never owned the original SNES cartridge of Tales of Phantasia, Chrono Trigger and FF3. FF6 Advance has framerate issues but are still is a fun games though Square threw a bonus dungeon and monster glossary in to add replay value. Phantasia for the GBA has the worst translation I've ever see and its pretty laughable at times. Chrono Trigger DS has added some optional bosses and an new ending that explains things.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 8, 2015, 10:25 PM
I don't really care for remakes. I care more about releases.

Sonic Generations was great because it was just speed. No stupid story (or at least, not emphasized.), I don't have to play stupid characters that I don't want to, and the game was basically a Sonic masterpiece. The game wasn't really buggy or anything, if it was buggy for anyone, those people were purposefully looking for bugs to complain about, aka shit you'll never encounter in normal gameplay.

NoiseHERO
Feb 9, 2015, 04:51 AM
(GBA games on 3DS when Nintendo ;_;)

this x365 for every year it doesn't happen.

Outrider
Feb 9, 2015, 12:18 PM
When are we going to see an HD port of Sonic Battle? That's what I want to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaidTw9bZxE

RagolBuilt
Feb 9, 2015, 12:58 PM

Sonic Generations was great because it was just speed. No stupid story (or at least, not emphasized.), I don't have to play stupid characters that I don't want to, and the game was basically a Sonic masterpiece. The game wasn't really buggy or anything, if it was buggy for anyone, those people were purposefully looking for bugs to complain about, aka shit you'll never encounter in normal gameplay.

I can completly agree with Sonc Generations, it was kind of nice to bring back all those masterpieced levels that everyone loved ^^

Some new stuff would be great.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 9, 2015, 09:13 PM
this x365 for every year it doesn't happen.

When are we going to see an HD port of Sonic Battle? That's what I want to know.

Sonic Battle Gameplay - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaidTw9bZxE)
The reason for that is because the 3/DS can't handle running a GBA game properly. They couldn't get you back to the home menu, and some other functions were lost. There were ambassadors for the shop that got limited GBA games, but Nintendo doesn't want to release a shitty product (for the most part). So we're waiting until they figure out how to make it happen. If you're curious, I know there's an article about it, but I think the tl;dr was that the 3/DS contains an actual GBA chip/processor/mode, but it's annoying to work with, and also shuts off 3/DS function.

Also 5000% behind a Sonic Battle HD/3D. It'd be amazing. Megaman Battle Network in 3D would make my GIIIIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTOOOOOOOOOOOOR.

Noblewine
Feb 9, 2015, 10:06 PM
I can completly agree with Sonc Generations, it was kind of nice to bring back all those masterpieced levels that everyone loved ^^

Some new stuff would be great.

I'm starting to see why people enjoyed Generations now after getting a few responses. I never thought of it that way and I can see why people might've enjoyed it then. Plus I would've bought an Wii if GBA games were available for download. I overlooked a lot of rpg's that were on it like a better translation for Tales of Phantasy..... =/

Somehow Ragnarok was translated poorly and its called Kangaroo in the US GBA port. lol......

Outrider
Feb 10, 2015, 10:45 AM
They actually do have GBA games on Wii U, but the only available RPGs I can think of off the top of my head is one of the Fire Emblem games and the first Golden Sun.

I mean, the GBA Fire Emblem games are excellent and I seem to remember really enjoying the first Golden Sun (though I'm not sure it'll hold up anymore) but it sounds like you were hoping for a broader selection.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 10, 2015, 02:19 PM
I'm starting to see why people enjoyed Generations now after getting a few responses. I never thought of it that way and I can see why people might've enjoyed it then. Plus I would've bought an Wii if GBA games were available for download. I overlooked a lot of rpg's that were on it like a better translation for Tales of Phantasy..... =/

Have you actually played Sonic Generations?

Noblewine
Feb 10, 2015, 05:31 PM
Have you actually played Sonic Generations?

No because I'm actually boycotting any games SEGA makes to be honest after the debuckle with PSU/PSP2. I don't like the unfair treatment.