PDA

View Full Version : Character General Election Mid-term Results

Manta Oyamada
Feb 4, 2015, 05:48 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jIfY3VStZ_8/VNHyzPsjlMI/AAAAAAAAe80/kJCJWbmDVjA/s520/Categoria%2520de%2520Personagens%2520Femininos.png

Category Females

http://pso2.jp/players/event/kyoutou2015/charavote/#voteTab

1° Katori
2° Matoi
3° Io
4° Quna
5° Risa
6° Sukunahime
7° Patty
8° Azanami
9° Tea
10° Klaris Krays
11° Ulc
12° Lottie
13° Sara
14° Maria
15° Ravelle
16° Xie
17° Sheena
18° Fourier
19° Echo
20° Aki
21° Marlu

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9DFkMcUBwf0/VNHzlC6ZiFI/AAAAAAAAe88/LhoG-XWF__o/s520/Categoria%2520de%2520Personagens%2520Masculinos.pn g

Category Males

http://pso2.jp/players/event/kyoutou2015/charavote/male/#voteTab

1° Huey
2° Saga
3° Kotoshiro
4° Klotho
5° Legiaz
6° Zeno
7° Gettamhart
8° Xiao
9° Theodore
10° Afin
11° Kasura
12° Jean
13° Light
14° Oza
15° Lubbert

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-QD3Y1Gwmaig/VNHzyO7OGrI/AAAAAAAAe9E/4jNb7m4ufT0/s520/Categoria%2520de%2520Inimigos.png

Category Enemies

http://pso2.jp/players/event/kyoutou2015/charavote/enemy/#voteTab

1° Dark Falz Luther
2° Quartz Dragon
3° Magatsu
4° Gigiru Gun'negamu
5° Blu Ringadha
6° Dark Vibrace
7° Trans Mizer
8° Dark Falz Elder
9° Big Vardha
10° Neputo Kyasadora
11° Chrome Dragon
12° Ex Dragon
13° Biol Meduna
14° Bal Rodos
15° Dark Ragne
16° Gwanada
17° Vol Dragon
18° Rock Bear
19° Del Malmoth
20° Banther & Banshee
21° Zeshrayda
22° Goronzoran
23° Decol Malluda
24° Rheo Madullard
25° Catedran
26° Nepto Cassadora
27° Org Blan

Achelousaurus
Feb 4, 2015, 06:10 AM
Not bad.
The bosses may yield some cool looking weapons.

Katori's outfit is ok I guess. Io already got an item and it didn't look very interesting.

Huey, he wears some almost generic default costume so I don't expect much from his item.
Sabe may look decent and Kotoshiro's ought to look cool.

BIG OLAF
Feb 4, 2015, 06:13 AM
Surprised Io isn't in 1st with all these creeps boppin' around. I like the results, though.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 4, 2015, 06:20 AM
Oh is this a thing again? Pretty much everything of this year web-event seems to pass right through me. I'm ok with each top3 so far.

Cyber Meteor
Feb 4, 2015, 06:25 AM
Yes! Dark Falz Loser is 1st! All the ones i voted are 1st anyway, so i'm happy with current results :-P. I hope it'll stay like this until 18th february. but i'm surprised Dragon Ex is only 12th, he's really cool for a boss compared to others. And Quartz Dragon 2nd place? what the hell with him?

Syklo
Feb 4, 2015, 07:06 AM
Quartz Dragon 2nd place? what the hell with him?

She's friggin beautiful, and fast.

Also can someone explain why so many people like katori??

Sizustar
Feb 4, 2015, 07:08 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Ud1OQqN.png

Because her interaction with Saga are fun.

Renvalt
Feb 4, 2015, 07:18 AM

I can!

She's the only one that's actively come off like she's trying to seduce you. Io was always tsundere about it and probably treated us MCs like business fellows.

Matoi's lost her memories, and even before that, we pretty much treated her different from everyone else (Matoi's pretty much the "pampered princess that would rather not be" stereotype - she has this large ass influence and doesn't even really care about it because she's naive and innocent as all get out).

Katori, on the other hand? Drawn to strong people, makes moves on you before you can even be mentally prepared for it, and could probably actually get one over Matoi... were it not for the massive cockblocking that Saga himself is known for (dude fits the Cast mantra to a T - "ALWAYS be serious"; thank you, Saga, for reminding me of how much you metalheads come off as stoic densemeisters).

Oh, and she's an airheaded oujo-sama (more so than Matoi; at least she tries to be civil).

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Ud1OQqN.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm half-expecting him to kick her the moment she tries to launch him in the air. Because, y'know, he'll probably say it was part of some training regimen or something (watch him come up with an excuse out of nowhere).

And Quartz Dragon 2nd place? what the hell with him?

It's because of the story variant - that and the fact that the Quartzes are part of the Amduscian Airforce - they could literally ram into all the dropships and come out unscathed.

Dragon Ex is just a bodyguard for all the dragon souls lying in Sanctum. He might be interesting, but he has absolutely zero personality, storywise (and no, battle quotes don't count - nor apparently does rare forms, otherwise I'd see Dragon Ex higher just simply because Noire Draal).

Mattykins
Feb 4, 2015, 07:23 AM
Why is Nepto on there twice?

Cyclon
Feb 4, 2015, 07:27 AM
The boss one got a few surprising placements. Fang are very low, and behind Rockbear for some reason, same for Dragon EX, and Zeshresomething... I never really got the love for Blu Ringada either, sure he looks awesome, but he's one of the most repetitive bosses out there... Quartz at second place was also unexpected.

And come on, we all know Ragne should have won. It's freaking Ragne. Though I didn't vote for him

Also, Echo is surprisingly unpopular.

Bellion
Feb 4, 2015, 07:31 AM
The first "Nepto" is actually Hot Wheels.

hoangsea
Feb 4, 2015, 07:43 AM
lol
Quartz dragon is no2
BECAUSE YOU CAN FARM IT ALL THE DAY FOR METESA :-?

wefwq
Feb 4, 2015, 09:18 AM
Those fem polls are kinda to be expected tho.

METESA :-?
:^)

Achelousaurus
Feb 4, 2015, 09:26 AM
If it's something silly with a face again, Quartz stuff can look cool. Dem crystals and all.
Though Crys obviously has more of those.

Dnd
Feb 4, 2015, 09:41 AM
more votes for quartz please, thanks

Edson Drake
Feb 4, 2015, 09:49 AM
Not bad choices. Katori is certainly cute, I still need to check those funny story bits mentioned above though, but her design is nice.

Quartz has it's charm, while it is an old boss it's design is unique(besides being obviously just another dragon) and its story counterpart is a young girl(!!) which is both weird and funny at the same time.

Huey is the obvious winner. His popularity has been increasing since last year. I think he's kind of meh with some funny moments, but can understand why he's in the lead.

yoshiblue
Feb 4, 2015, 09:50 AM
You dare mock the son of the De Rol Le?

Walkure
Feb 4, 2015, 10:01 AM
20° Aki
21° Marlu

Haha, not last place!

TehCubey
Feb 4, 2015, 10:52 AM
I am perfectly fine with Katori as #1. Houko is the best.

Surprised Io isn't in 1st with all these creeps boppin' around. I like the results, though.

I'd sooner judge people for liking Matoi than Io though.

Also, Echo is surprisingly unpopular.

Because she's boring and useless. Now if only Zeno too was as unpopular as he deserves...

EDIT: The top 3 males result overlaps with my opinion 100% by the way. Huey for the win.

Punisher106
Feb 4, 2015, 11:11 AM
Cool, Huey's winning. But why is Big Varder all the way back in ninth? It's a goddamn warship that you fight as a foot soldier. You can blow its weapons up. How is that not fun?

Sideswipe
Feb 4, 2015, 11:25 AM
Alfi should have been counted amongst the enemies though. "AIBO, AIBO, AIBO, AIBO, AIBO, AIBO, AIBO, AIBO!!"

More clingy than an overly-attached girl/boy/it/wtvfriend, and those are always dangerous.

Cyclon
Feb 4, 2015, 11:34 AM
Because she's boring and useless.A lot of the candidates are. Echo is one of the npcs that gets the most screen time during story mode. She's comparable to Matoi in the way the game REALLY wants the player to like her and they both got three different outfits. It's interesting to see how much that isn't working at all.

... now part of me REALLY wants them - through some stupid plot shenanigan that I'll gladly endure - to make her a loli, and see if that changes anything.

TehCubey
Feb 4, 2015, 11:59 AM
Fittingly I don't like Matoi either.

Anyway the problem with Echo is that her whole personality and motivation revolves around Zeno. Everything she does is for Zeno. She has no character outside of Zeno (and being a cookie cutter tsundere). Her role in the plot is all about Zeno. Character development? Also related to Zeno. And as soon as it turns out he's alive, it all gets reset and she's back to square one. But hey, new outfit that everyone likes - yay?

wefwq
Feb 4, 2015, 12:42 PM
A lot of the candidates are. Echo is one of the npcs that gets the most screen time during story mode. She's comparable to Matoi in the way the game REALLY wants the player to like her and they both got three different outfits. It's interesting to see how much that isn't working at all.

... now part of me REALLY wants them - through some stupid plot shenanigan that I'll gladly endure - to make her a loli, and see if that changes anything.
Matoi are your average fapbait, i mean just look at her latest outfit.. she also become the key NPC on EP3 story, compared to Echo which is old and busted, being generic tsundere won't help much either.
The one i don't really understand is how Io become really popular, she got almost no line on story.
At least Katori was #1 that's the only thing that matters.

tbh i don't expect pso2 fanbase has such a pretty good taste on male NPCs, big 3 are all cool guys.

Aquanos
Feb 4, 2015, 12:43 PM
Why isn't anga fundarge first place now...?
(or was he not an option)

wefwq
Feb 4, 2015, 12:47 PM
Why isn't anga fundarge first place now...?
(or was he not an option)
UQ bosses being excluded on this vote.

Vintasticvin
Feb 4, 2015, 01:09 PM
more votes for quartz please, thanks

Yes more votes for our crystalline ship destroying overlord!

Afin
Feb 4, 2015, 02:26 PM
Whoo! #1 Huey!!!

I'm surprised Theodore made it in the top 10 -- he's probably the most obnoxious male NPC I've encountered Episode 2 and beyond I mean. super mad I wasn't allowed to kill him. .

Haha @ Echo & Marlu. No comment on Katori, I've been skipping her cutscenes so I haven't gotten the gist of her character yet.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 4, 2015, 03:59 PM
Katori and Huey. Called it.

Sizustar
Feb 4, 2015, 04:13 PM
Katori and Huey. Called it.

It's not over yet~

BIG OLAF
Feb 4, 2015, 05:30 PM
I am perfectly fine with Katori as #1. Houko is the best.

I'd sooner judge people for liking Matoi than Io though.

I really like Katori, and I'm glad she's in first right now. She's by far the most interesting female SEGA has added yet.

...and, yeah, Matoi is shit too, but at least she has "things", and isn't complete pedo-bait.

Syklo
Feb 4, 2015, 06:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ud1OQqN.png

Haven't see that, but I'll admit that's hilarious.

I can!

She's the only one that's actively come off like she's trying to seduce you. Io was always tsundere about it and probably treated us MCs like business fellows.

Matoi's lost her memories, and even before that, we pretty much treated her different from everyone else (Matoi's pretty much the "pampered princess that would rather not be" stereotype - she has this large ass influence and doesn't even really care about it because she's naive and innocent as all get out).

Katori, on the other hand? Drawn to strong people, makes moves on you before you can even be mentally prepared for it, and could probably actually get one over Matoi... were it not for the massive cockblocking that Saga himself is known for (dude fits the Cast mantra to a T - "ALWAYS be serious"; thank you, Saga, for reminding me of how much you metalheads come off as stoic densemeisters).

Oh, and she's an airheaded oujo-sama (more so than Matoi; at least she tries to be civil).

LOL makes sense.
I still prefer Quna though (or at least, half of her)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 4, 2015, 06:20 PM
About Quna... she's rendered far better in that bikini poster, and that statuette; she doesn't look so... small when you consider the proportions. She looks better with some height to her.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 4, 2015, 07:50 PM
I still don't know shit about the story.

I know that Quartz is badass, because if I could nosedive at Mach 1 to locations and just get up like "sup." I'd do it all the time.

Walkure
Feb 4, 2015, 07:53 PM
Quartz can nosedive into the ground with a a broken nose. That's pretty badass.

wefwq
Feb 4, 2015, 07:56 PM
He just don't give a shit.

Lax
Feb 4, 2015, 08:08 PM
What if they give us a UQ quartz with more thrusters, and make it red, because being red makes you go 3x as fast

Achelousaurus
Feb 4, 2015, 08:11 PM
Isn't Rera-kun a boy?
I mean arbitrary fan translation aside the only way people refer to Rera's gender is by -kun by someone that is highly unlikely to use it gender neutral.

Renvalt
Feb 4, 2015, 08:18 PM
Isn't Rera-kun a boy?
I mean arbitrary fan translation aside the only way people refer to Rera's gender is by -kun by someone that is highly unlikely to use it gender neutral.

Given how Japan will give a girl's voice to a boy, it would make sense.

Then again, the EP1 dialogue Rera has with Aki makes me wonder if this is true (they apparently talk about how they don't get men - which WOULDN'T make sense if Rera was a boy), but then Kamitsu pretty much confirms that he/she's pretty young for a Dragonkin (they all see each other as just wisps or whatnot - they don't value their bodies too highly, but they will go apeshit if you threaten their souls, as that's who they really are).

Kiyumi
Feb 4, 2015, 08:49 PM
I dont get it. How do people know all this stuff about Katori when EP3 isnt even translated?

Syklo
Feb 4, 2015, 08:50 PM

He just don't give a shit.
Thug life.

Isn't Rera-kun a boy?

Usage of -kun isn't an absolute indicator of the male gender.
Although female voices are occasionally used for guys so.....???

Whatever. I like calling them QD-chan~

TehCubey
Feb 4, 2015, 09:02 PM
Isn't Rera-kun a boy?

-kun is not female exclusive. It can be used to signify a level of familiarity but in a somewhat official environment, like a teacher talking to their students. And it's Aki who calls Rera -kun so it totally fits.

...and, yeah, Matoi is shit too, but at least she has "things", and isn't complete pedo-bait.

1st, not every small and flat character is a loli (though they are often made with appeal for Chars in mind), and 2nd, I can appreciate a character without sexualizing them.

I'll take Io's tsundere (of the "gets embarassed easily" variety, not the shitty "screams and punches you for no reason" variety) over Matoi's excessive meek waifness any day. BTW I didn't clear MB 2-6 yet so no comment about past Matoi but she didn't do a lot to endear herself to me either.

I dont get it. How do people know all this stuff about Katori when EP3 isnt even translated?

Some people can into moon. And even if they can't, it's not that hard to figure out what's going on just from context.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 4, 2015, 09:16 PM
What if they give us a UQ quartz with more thrusters, and make it red, because being red makes you go 3x as fast
naw son, stripes. Photon Stripes.

Walkure
Feb 4, 2015, 09:20 PM
What if Hot Wheels had Hot Wheels stickers on him? Would he have more fast?

yoshiblue
Feb 4, 2015, 09:21 PM
Should try giving him a pair of aviators too.

Sizustar
Feb 4, 2015, 09:24 PM

Quite a few people are multi lingual, and ther's a reason she's considered a Zanen Bijin(Unfortunate beauty) due to her personality quirk and her VA.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/bGSpFeV.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TehCubey
Feb 4, 2015, 09:42 PM
naw son, stripes. Photon Stripes.

Should try giving him a pair of aviators too.

Lax was making a Char custom reference there btw.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 4, 2015, 10:13 PM
Given how Japan will give a girl's voice to a boy, it would make sense.

Then again, the EP1 dialogue Rera has with Aki makes me wonder if this is true (they apparently talk about how they don't get men - which WOULDN'T make sense if Rera was a boy)

Ko-rera is a girl. While young boy characters (and the occasional adult male, like Kenshin Himura) are often voiced by girls, there's still an obvious difference in how a girl voicing a boy and a girl voicing a girl vocalize. You can usually tell that the VA is a girl, but it doesn't sound inappropriate for a boy to sound like that. That just isn't the case with Ko-rera, who has a very feminine voice.

And of course that conversation just confirms it. There's no way any male would say that.

Wait...you don't read Japanese? What's with all the racist remarks about gaijin in other topics then?

God this forum has so many fake Japanese.

Based on the responses, I think everyone knew that and responded with similar references.

And honestly, who wouldn't know that? Lol.

Syklo
Feb 4, 2015, 10:27 PM
Based on the responses, I think everyone knew that and responded with similar references.

And honestly, who wouldn't know that? Lol.

*raises hand*

Kiyumi
Feb 4, 2015, 10:41 PM
Wait...you don't read Japanese? What's with all the racist remarks about gaijin in other topics then?

God this forum has so many fake Japanese.

I do. Im wondering how other people know about it. Of course I would wonder why gaijins can understand it too. I havent even done EP3 matter board because I prefer to go in order so Im on EP2 and I dont know anything about the EP3 chars.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 4, 2015, 10:43 PM
I don't care.

I'm making car/ricer references.

TehCubey
Feb 4, 2015, 10:59 PM
I do. Im wondering how other people know about it. Of course I would wonder why gaijins can understand it too.

Obviously only Japanese people have the mental capacity to understand Japanese.

Inferior gaijin brains lock up as soon as they encounter anything more complicated than "kawaii desu ne"

LonelyGaruga
Feb 4, 2015, 11:10 PM
I do. Im wondering how other people know about it. Of course I would wonder why gaijins can understand it too.

1) Figuring stuff out from context.
2) Talking with people that know Japanese.
3) Machine translating JP wiki comments on characters.
4) Copy pasting in-game NPC chatter into a machine translator.

Pretty easy really.

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2015, 12:08 AM
1st, not every small and flat character is a loli

I disagree.

Selphea
Feb 5, 2015, 12:12 AM
I disagree.

Verne Troyer is a loli? :-o

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2015, 12:20 AM
Verne Troyer is a loli? :-o

No, he'd be a shota, you FOOL!

TehCubey
Feb 5, 2015, 12:23 AM
I disagree.

So I take it Akatsuki from LH is a loli too.

Or actual RL girls who are small and flat despite being in 20s or older even.

Yes, such people exist. Believe it or not.

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2015, 12:26 AM
Akatsuki from LH

Whatever the fuck that is.

Or actual RL girls who are small and flat despite being in 20s or older even.

Yes, such people exist. Believe it or not.

You're right. Not seeing the point, however,

Ashurim
Feb 5, 2015, 01:06 AM
No idea what this convos about but yay for kotoshiro.

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 5, 2015, 01:43 AM
Whatever the fuck that is.

No idea what the conversation's about, not gonna bother to read back. But I can answer this one.

LH is Log Horizon, a light novel series with an anime adaptation. This is Akatsuki:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131029112418/log-horizon/images/thumb/9/96/Akatsuki.png/500px-Akatsuki.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Alright, I'm good. Still now idea what was going on, but there ya go.

Lax
Feb 5, 2015, 09:10 AM

Yes.

https://i.imgur.com/R5v348F.jpg

Dnd
Feb 5, 2015, 09:19 AM
Yes.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/R5v348F.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

'Quartz dragon is reacting to your mega bracelet!'
'Quartz dragon has mega evolved into Mega quartz Dragon!'
[SPOILER-BOX]http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1168402/mega_metagross.JPG[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edson Drake
Feb 5, 2015, 09:59 AM
Yes.

https://i.imgur.com/R5v348F.jpg

haha nice.

'Quartz dragon is reacting to your mega bracelet!'
'Quartz dragon has mega evolved into Mega quartz Dragon!'
[SPOILER-BOX]http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1168402/mega_metagross.JPG[/SPOILER-BOX]

No. Black Metal War Quartz Dragon!

Syklo
Feb 5, 2015, 08:36 PM
Dragon Booster

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 5, 2016, 01:06 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/event/kyoutou2015/charavote/enemy/#voteTab

1° Dark Falz Luther
2° Quartz Dragon
3° Magatsu
4° Gigiru Gun'negamu
5° Blu Ringadha
6° Dark Vibrace
7° Trans Mizer
8° Dark Falz Elder
9° Big Vardha
10° Neputo Kyasadora
11° Chrome Dragon
12° Ex Dragon
13° Biol Meduna
14° Bal Rodos
15° Dark Ragne
16° Gwanada
17° Vol Dragon
18° Rock Bear
19° Del Malmoth
20° Banther & Banshee
21° Zeshrayda
22° Goronzoran
23° Decol Malluda
24° Rheo Madullard
25° Catedran
26° Nepto Cassadora
27° Org Blan

If is this top favorite bosses for me is 1ST [Profound Darkenss]...

Flaoc
Feb 5, 2016, 01:17 PM
why would you bump this year old thread

Qualia
Feb 5, 2016, 01:45 PM
Lmao not surprised

SilkaN
Feb 5, 2016, 02:10 PM
> is bored enough to look at thread list page 37838439
> necroposts for whatever reason
> is going to wonder why people are rude to him

> apologizes and will think first next time????

yoshiblue
Feb 5, 2016, 02:11 PM
Search bar, dood.

Hysteria1987
Feb 5, 2016, 03:30 PM
...dat ult dragon tho.

Lostbob117
Feb 5, 2016, 06:04 PM
I wonder if they'll do this for the anime characters after more are introduced

Traumin
Feb 5, 2016, 07:26 PM
Dang, don't know what I expected for the bosses. Maybe Vardha to be up a bit higher? Regardless, I'm liking the results so far.

KazukiQZ
Feb 5, 2016, 08:25 PM
^I don't know what are you talking about. That poll was for last year event! owo

And it's over already, with DF Loser as the winner, and then all players got a Loser Mag Evolution Device as reward.

Qualia
Feb 5, 2016, 08:48 PM
We can stop posting in this thread, guys.

Freshellent
Feb 5, 2016, 09:38 PM
Idk, I'm still pretty buttrustled about some stupid shit said earlier tbh

Zyrusticae
Feb 5, 2016, 11:10 PM
Man, I didn't look at the year and thought this thread was posted yesterday.

Thanks, you weirdo necro-poster. You dun' fooled me good.