PDA

View Full Version : What's the go with Interrupt Rankings?

Hysteria1987
Feb 8, 2015, 01:29 AM
So a long time ago, I ran an IR for Nepto Cassadora, and came 60th or so, which wasn't so bad. But then I saw the numbers the top ranking players had, and they were kind of ridiculous. I later learned that people were setting these games up- while someone fights the target, their friends are getting to the boss area in advance so that the fighter can go straight to their next target. No worries there.

But today I figured I'd try another IR, this time SH Vopar TA as I wouldn't have to rely on other people to set me up to get the best rank possible. We got a party together and got a pretty good time- about 7 to 8 minutes. Not perfect, to be sure, but pretty good. All up, I came 24th, which is the best rank I've ever gotten (of the few IRs I've participated in, sure =P).

I checked out the rankings in the Visiphone, which only showed ranks 1 through 17 (due to ties). The times ranked between just over 2 minutes, to just over 3 minutes. Now I'm usually one to give people the benefit of the doubt, like in the last one, but surely this can't be legit, can it? I can't see how this is possible, unless there's some sort of unpatched exploit in this TA.

So what's the go here? If it's not legit, I don't suppose there's all that much point in running IRs, as there's not all that much chance of winning.

Bellion
Feb 8, 2015, 01:34 AM
The Japanese can spawnkill a majority of Area 1 and the last half of Area 2. Cannot compete in Wopal TAs if there are competent JP. I think foreigners can do high 2minutes, and that requires 4 super strong players to be on the same page.
[SPOILER-BOX]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQvo4A9x1Ds[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hysteria1987
Feb 8, 2015, 01:50 AM
Ok, that was a hectic video =P Some parts I did faster on my runs (the advantage of a strong rafoie vs. mobs over a bow on the islands in A1), but most was assuredly slower.

I'm no braver, so I don't really know what they're capable of, but the damage they do to that Zeshy and the Biol Meduna is something else. I'd be interested to see exactly what it is they're doing to spawnkill everything at the start, that's got me intrigued. I may just have to youtube more =P

strikerhunter
Feb 8, 2015, 01:56 AM
Ok, that was a hectic video =P Some parts I did faster on my runs (the advantage of a strong rafoie vs. mobs over a bow on the islands in A1), but most was assuredly slower.

I'm no braver, so I don't really know what they're capable of, but the damage they do to that Zeshy and the Biol Meduna is something else. I'd be interested to see exactly what it is they're doing to spawnkill everything at the start, that's got me intrigued. I may just have to youtube more =P

It's a small trick that requires timing and probably a good launcher RA. Basically in Vopal TA the monsters actually spawn at one point before they visually appear on your screen, with a perfect timing a RA can clusterfuck all of the spawns in one shot. I'm not sure if any other classes can do it though.

I remember this also being done in Nab 2 as well to clear the first room.

Z-0
Feb 8, 2015, 01:57 AM
Any class can do it with an attack that lasts for some amount of time. FO does it the best with Ilfoie.

That being said though, for the TAIRs you are probably extremely outmatched unless you know exactly what you are doing. Naberius I, II and Wopal are around 2 minutes, Lilipa and Altar are around 3 minutes and Amduscia is around 4 minutes, so unless you know how to get those sorts of times, you don't really stand a chance. It also doesn't help that each TA has all sorts of advantages the lower your ping is. ;_;

schnee4
Feb 8, 2015, 01:59 AM
Ignition lose again hehe

Kiyumi
Feb 8, 2015, 02:56 AM
The Japanese can spawnkill a majority of Area 1 and the last half of Area 2. Cannot compete in Wopal TAs if there are competent JP. I think foreigners can do high 2minutes, and that requires 4 super strong players to be on the same page.
[SPOILER-BOX]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQvo4A9x1Ds[/SPOILER-BOX]

Apparently this video is slow because my ship has a 1:57 time.

Bellion
Feb 8, 2015, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I'd expect people to improve within 5-6 months, no?

Xed
Feb 8, 2015, 04:13 AM
Welcome to TA. If 4 random competent can do Wopal TA high 2 min. You have far to learn.

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 8, 2015, 05:15 AM
they have fast load times.

Hysteria1987
Feb 8, 2015, 05:18 AM
It's a small trick that requires timing and probably a good launcher RA. Basically in Vopal TA the monsters actually spawn at one point before they visually appear on your screen, with a perfect timing a RA can clusterfuck all of the spawns in one shot. I'm not sure if any other classes can do it though.

I remember this also being done in Nab 2 as well to clear the first room.

That would explain why everything melted last time I did it on normal mode- I had an active gifoie in the room... interesting to note =P