PDA

View Full Version : RIP B20?

Flaoc
Feb 12, 2015, 04:00 AM
well then thats odd

[SPOILER-BOX]http://grabilla.com/0520c-f8beb82e-96c2-4bf0-b042-ff4e38ec6ae8.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Z-0
Feb 12, 2015, 04:00 AM
31 and 212 are gone too, and Visiphone is rekt.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 12, 2015, 04:01 AM
Sega fucked up again, this happened before. Happy free 100% tri-booster everyone~

red1228
Feb 12, 2015, 04:01 AM
Same story as Z-0, here.
Some blocks are missing for me & the shop just hangs indefinitely, no matter what item I try to look up.

Touka
Feb 12, 2015, 04:03 AM
And here I thought they disabled visiphone searches during eq to lessen the lag,oh well gg Sega.

Flaoc
Feb 12, 2015, 04:03 AM
ok so b212 is definately gone but i saw b31 also yea visiophone wont even let me check my teammates shops

Digital Pain
Feb 12, 2015, 04:05 AM
Thought it was only me that couldn't search the player shops, I guess maybe an Emergency maint incoming? and 100% tri-booster inbound!

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 12, 2015, 04:09 AM
Well, on Ship 7, block 20, 31, and 212 exist; dunno if this is just a Ship 2 thing.

Aquanos
Feb 12, 2015, 04:16 AM
And here I thought they disabled visiphone searches during eq to lessen the lag,oh well gg Sega.

They might as well take an axe and start hacking away at their computers to reduce lag at this point

EvilMag
Feb 12, 2015, 04:23 AM
Ship 3 is losing blocks as well.

Yay for triboost

Aine
Feb 12, 2015, 04:28 AM
Ship 3 Magatsu wrecked the servers, almost all of the blocks have disappeared.

Edson Drake
Feb 12, 2015, 04:34 AM
Well I'm on ship 2 and just got in to B20, so the issue fixed itself apparently.

red1228
Feb 12, 2015, 04:52 AM
Ship 02... was in block 8 with some team members then the game just... stopped. Could still move around, but no chat or info requests were going through. Relogged back in & find that Block 8 is no longer "there". Block 20 came back tho. o_O

Squall179
Feb 12, 2015, 04:54 AM
I remember this happening with Phantasy Star Universe....

Edson Drake
Feb 12, 2015, 04:57 AM
31 and 212 are gone too, and Visiphone is rekt.

Oh just tried this, can anyone access their Visiphones for the new stuff? Mine keeps on searching...

Weird.

red1228
Feb 12, 2015, 05:02 AM
Oh just tried this, can anyone access their Visiphones for the new stuff? Mine keeps on searching...

Weird.

Visiphone hasn't been working properly for almost an hour now (for me).

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2015, 05:03 AM
It's the third or fourth time this has happened now. Maybe fifth?
Would be nice if they fixed this bug some day.

Flaoc
Feb 12, 2015, 05:04 AM
and visiophone still borked

Aine
Feb 12, 2015, 05:05 AM
Ship 3:

http://i.imgur.com/uXFN3kk.png

Flaoc
Feb 12, 2015, 05:07 AM
Ship 3:

what the fuck?

Aine
Feb 12, 2015, 05:09 AM
Still disappearing. Looks like there's only 8 blocks left now.

wefwq
Feb 12, 2015, 05:12 AM
Ship 3:

wow, holy fuck.
we SEA now?

Edit: Just see B-020 back up for like 10 mins, and now it's gone again, i guess they won't able to solve this without emergency maintenance, then?

Edson Drake
Feb 12, 2015, 05:13 AM
Yep, block 20 just disappeared of ship 2 again. Scary.

[SPOILER-BOX]holy molly triboosters Batman![/SPOILER-BOX]

Kiyumi
Feb 12, 2015, 05:13 AM
Ship 4

My game died after the new Vopal EQ. I couldnt pick up any items after we killed the final bosses, so I thought I dced. Checked internet, no dc. Then when I went back I got stuck in endless tunnel and had to restart the game.

Also blocks 1, 4-6, 10, 14, 19-20, 23-26, etc are all missing. Sh*ts getting fubar up in here.

Cyclon
Feb 12, 2015, 05:15 AM
So the visiphone issue isn't something on my end, great. There are still numerous people standing near the thing though.

Flaoc
Feb 12, 2015, 05:15 AM
well i dc'd again for the 2nd time within 40 mins (ship 2) and now i get to see the ship 3 problem 1st hand

edit: friend is claiming a battle nyau in black nyack is deleting entire blocks when someone gets it and he says it happened to a friend of his 3 times

http://grabilla.com/0520c-05cfc39d-a409-4ea7-a64a-038866f34507.png

IndignationSWF
Feb 12, 2015, 05:23 AM
Is that even possible? I mean you'd have to either set that up intentionally or seriously cross your wires while coding.

Flaoc
Feb 12, 2015, 05:27 AM
Is that even possible? I mean you'd have to either set that up intentionally or seriously cross your wires while coding.

this is sega why am i not surprised and now i cannot even get into my own room

http://grabilla.com/0520c-91f94e12-f821-4ddc-8590-3995fdb5056c.png

Xaeris
Feb 12, 2015, 05:31 AM
Ship 3:

I know Magatsu is kind of a pushover for the cubes he gives, but I think you overdid the buff, Sega. Nuking entire blocks is a bit much.

IndignationSWF
Feb 12, 2015, 05:31 AM
Okay Seriously Sega, did your Code Monkeys just go on strike or something? I mean yeah I fully expect one broken/mangled/borked/fubar'd thing everything we get new things beyond hotfixes and costumes, but this is friggen ridiculous.

Aine
Feb 12, 2015, 06:13 AM
Anyone else randomly freezing up and being unable to login on Ship 2?

Chisa
Feb 12, 2015, 06:49 AM
I seem to also have difficulties staying in the game or getting on in the first place... i was in for a while but then all of a sudden it's been an eternal struggle to remain in . :<

the_importer_
Feb 12, 2015, 06:49 AM
Euh, Ship 06 is full? I've never seen Ship 06 full before, wow are Japanese folks that addicted to Black Jack?

KazukiQZ
Feb 12, 2015, 08:30 AM
^Server's acting up, causing number of blocks to disappear, thus limiting the number of players who can enter.

Aine
Feb 12, 2015, 08:35 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=5337

Emergency Maintenance tomorrow (Friday 13, 12:00PM JST). Ship transfers are temporarily disabled. To further test the servers they are running Chocolate 3 EQ on all servers tonight at 1 AM JST. Until Emergency Maintenance all random EQs are disabled.

Vatallus
Feb 12, 2015, 09:02 AM
Oddly enough Ship 9 isn't broken... yet.

Xaeris
Feb 12, 2015, 09:18 AM
Until Emergency Maintenance all random EQs are disabled.

Oh, a day off. Sweet.

Also, for those of you who don't do time conversions well, maintenance is at 10 PM EST today.

Maenara
Feb 12, 2015, 09:41 AM
プレイ中の皆様へお知らせします。  2月13日(金)12:00 ~ 17:00の予定にて、ゲームサーバーの臨時メンテナンスを行います。  このメンテナンスにて、一部のブ ロックが表示されず接続できない現象や、マイルームに接続できない現象の対策を行います。  皆様には大変 ご迷惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます。詳細はプレイヤーズサイトのお知らせをご確認ください 。

Phantom Rain
Feb 12, 2015, 10:02 AM
this Happened last year too. all the blocks except B11 dissappeared on ship 2 last time.

AlVaRo0515
Feb 12, 2015, 10:09 AM
more triboosters for next week. o/

Z-0
Feb 12, 2015, 10:11 AM
Wow, removed random EQs, lol. They could probably just remove Magatsu as I'm pretty sure no other EQ is quite that popular.

Shame I won't get to play Wopal soon, since I hear it's actually fun.

AlVaRo0515
Feb 12, 2015, 10:22 AM
Wow, removed random EQs, lol. They could probably just remove Magatsu as I'm pretty sure no other EQ is quite that popular.

Shame I won't get to play Wopal soon, since I hear it's actually fun.

removed random EQs? ._.

Digital Pain
Feb 12, 2015, 10:30 AM
removed random EQs? ._.

Random EQ's are disabled for the time being, so only Scheduled EQ's will trigger.

Omi
Feb 12, 2015, 05:30 PM
I logged onto PSO2 last night, went to the Black Nyack tables after a few mins and started playing with a couple of friends. Went about 20 mins to 40 mins and got a random application error and the game just crashed. This happened twice exactly the same method while sitting at the Black Nyack table and mid deal. The prepatch I downloaded from Tweaker did error randomly when it was installing (also through Tweaker), so something might have corrupted or maybe not all the files were there. It was just weird that it kept happening at the Black Nyack table, and it took it a while (20 to 40 mins of playing Black Kyack) for it to crash.

I have never have gotten this before, I did already file check but I am waiting till after this emergency maintenance to test it again... come on Sega it seems like you have had more than plenty of time to actually make sure your updates consistently function properly :rolleyes:.

Vatallus
Feb 12, 2015, 07:45 PM
I didn't have any problems with crashing at black jack. Though on the very last day of the 100% rare boost I kept crashing in Ultimate... almost like Sega hotfixed something over night and broke it for some of us. One of my other teammates kept dcing in Ultimate also.

the_importer_
Feb 12, 2015, 10:09 PM

Emergency Maintenance tomorrow (Friday 13, 12:00PM JST). Ship transfers are temporarily disabled. To further test the servers they are running Chocolate 3 EQ on all servers tonight at 1 AM JST. Until Emergency Maintenance all random EQs are disabled.

Son of bitch, was it really worth it just to add a Black Jack game that moves as slow as hell? Seriously, I play real games of Black Jack faster than this.

GHNeko
Feb 12, 2015, 10:15 PM
I guess I got lucky, I had no issues all day today and I've been playing in a single block so I didn't notice the missing blocks.

Still though, GG Sega lol.

Drifting Fable
Feb 12, 2015, 10:25 PM
this Happened last year too. all the blocks except B11 dissappeared on ship 2 last time.

Never forget, B11. .x.

Though I didn't notice this vanishing event at all today, oddly enough.

Z-0
Feb 12, 2015, 10:26 PM
Ship 2 wasn't hit hard by it, but it happened in much larger scales on other ships (mainly Ship 3).

Aine
Feb 12, 2015, 11:35 PM
It was caused by people transferring ship to do Magatsu. IIRC the same thing happened when TD1 came out and people were sending sub-characters to other ships.

Ever since they realized people were doing cube-runs on lower difficulties they have been extremely stingy with the EQ schedule, to the point that there were no scheduled Magatsu at all last week. So the only way people could play it was when it came as a random EQ.

If that wasn't enough to upset people, because of rng lol certain servers (Ship 3 and 4 in particular) got random Magatsu much more than others. There's also the unfortunate coincidence of Ship 3 being the one Suganuma plays on, leading to accusations they were favouring Ship 3 on purpose.

So when this week's maintenance ended and Ship 3 got a random Magatsu again a lot of people who were thinking about moving or who had prepared to move all transferred at once and the servers got wrecked.

To put it into perspective, here's the total number of random Magatsu by ship (numbers in brackets only count post-buff Magatsu):

Ship1: 11(3)
Ship2: 12(3)
Ship3: 26(10)
Ship4: 22(9)
Ship5: 14(7)
Ship6: 10(1)
Ship7: 16(4)
Ship8: 11(4)
Ship9: 15(5)
Ship10: 15(4)

Z-0
Feb 12, 2015, 11:45 PM
I also noticed that they've not just axed the appearance rate of Magatsu, but all the "cube EMs", if you will, have been extremely rare lately. Which is a shame, because I like those EQs since they're actually fun, and are actually rewarding to play.

Been like this since VH Magatsu got nerfed...

Edson Drake
Feb 13, 2015, 12:07 AM
It was caused by people transferring ship to do Magatsu. IIRC the same thing happened when TD1 came out and people were sending sub-characters to other ships.

Ever since they realized people were doing cube-runs on lower difficulties they have been extremely stingy with the EQ schedule, to the point that there were no scheduled Magatsu at all last week. So the only way people could play it was when it came as a random EQ.

If that wasn't enough to upset people, because of rng lol certain servers (Ship 3 and 4 in particular) got random Magatsu much more than others. There's also the unfortunate coincidence of Ship 3 being the one Suganuma plays on, leading to accusations they were favouring Ship 3 on purpose.

So when this week's maintenance ended and Ship 3 got a random Magatsu again a lot of people who were thinking about moving or who had prepared to move all transferred at once and the servers got wrecked.

To put it into perspective, here's the total number of random Magatsu by ship (numbers in brackets only count post-buff Magatsu):

Wow that's absurd. No wonder ship 2 feels so empty these days, people just changed ships it seems. Wasn't ship 1 the ship with the highest population?

Ship 2 is screwed.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2015, 12:12 AM
Ship 4 currently has the highest population, followed by Ship 1.

Unless that changed recently.

Kiyumi
Feb 13, 2015, 12:59 AM
People would literally ship transfer to do random Magatsus as they were announcer on other ships? I dont think Ive ever heard of anything more tryhard.

Its nice to know Im on the highest population ship and we had more Magatsus.

Anyways Aine if you could post your source that would be nice please.

milranduil
Feb 13, 2015, 01:00 AM
If there was a consistent pattern noting that there are a noticeably larger amount of good EQs on a particular ship, yes, why not? It's cheaper than a skill tree!

Z-0
Feb 13, 2015, 01:00 AM
Everyone does that, it's nothing new. The majority of people have like 6-8+ characters, and most of them move them to other ships in order to do more EQs and get more stuff.

Not really "tryhard" at all.

Kiyumi
Feb 13, 2015, 01:11 AM
Isnt there some kind of cooldown time for transfer? If not then that could easily fix whatever problem was caused by too many people ship-hopping. (alternatively they could raise the cost of transfers)

Z-0
Feb 13, 2015, 01:22 AM
350AC for transfers, 166 hour cooldown. The problem isn't that though, it's that a lot of people had finished characters by that maintenance and had planned to move them permanently over to a ship to do more EQs, and one ship ended up getting Magatsu so you can imagine what happened.

Sizustar
Feb 13, 2015, 01:23 AM

Beside EQ hunter, there was also reseller too.

GHNeko
Feb 13, 2015, 01:46 AM
Everyone does that, it's nothing new. The majority of people have like 6-8+ characters, and most of them move them to other ships in order to do more EQs and get more stuff.

Not really "tryhard" at all.
I generally agree with the things you say, but paying 350AC to move ships multiple times strictly just for obtaining in-game gear (or simply moving to a ship where you feel you'll be more likely to get the gear you want) is far past the realm of casual play.

That's fairly deep within hardcore territory.

I'm not going to argue how far into said territory that goes, but I'd put money down that this is not a regular occurrence among those who play the game casually.

Maybe a few semi-hardcore or plain casual players might do it very rarely, but I'm willing to bet all my sheckles on saying that only the hardcore players do this more than a few times.

Aine
Feb 13, 2015, 02:03 AM
I generally agree with the things you say, but paying 350AC to move ships multiple times strictly just for obtaining in-game gear (or simply moving to a ship where you feel you'll be more likely to get the gear you want) is far past the realm of casual play.

That's fairly deep within hardcore territory.

I'm not going to argue how far into said territory that goes, but I'd put money down that this is not a regular occurrence among those who play the game casually.

Maybe a few semi-hardcore or plain casual players might do it very rarely, but I'm willing to bet all my sheckles on saying that only the hardcore players do this more than a few times.

You don't necessarily move multiple times, you just send a sub character to another server once and then play that character whenever a good EQ comes. Since you can turn cubes into FUN and FUN is account-based you don't even need to bring the character back to your main server.

The reason why it happened all at once is because people usually wait until the EQ actually comes before transferring their character, after preparing their gear and everything.

SEGA specifically stated that ship transfers were the cause on the official site. It's probably not just the hardcore players doing this if there were enough transfers to break the server. Plus from what I've seen it's generally the casual players who spend money on things like scratches, so I don't see how 350AC is a big deal for a casual player.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2015, 02:13 AM
Since you can turn cubes into FUN and FUN is account-based you don't even need to bring the character back to your main server.
Oh damn, I'm not even sure why this didn't cross my mind. . . I never really felt like moving a character was worth it because I don't play that much and I wouldn't want to keep spending the money to move characters back and forth, but I think this little tidbit has sealed the deal.

Thanks for that.

Now for off-topic, in the realm of Ships 6-10, which would you say is the best one to transfer to assuming no organised MPAs, since I don't know anyone on those ships? Reasoning for going there would be for the back-to-back set EQs.

GHNeko
Feb 13, 2015, 02:30 AM
You don't necessarily move multiple times, you just send a sub character to another server once and then play that character whenever a good EQ comes. Since you can turn cubes into FUN and FUN is account-based you don't even need to bring the character back to your main server.

The reason why it happened all at once is because people usually wait until the EQ actually comes before transferring their character, after preparing their gear and everything.

SEGA specifically stated that ship transfers were the cause on the official site. It's probably not just the hardcore players doing this if there were enough transfers to break the server. Plus from what I've seen it's generally the casual players who spend money on things like scratches, so I don't see how 350AC is a big deal for a casual player.

Mmm. I was under the impression/made the assumption that the transfers were done multiple times.

So that's my fault.

Dropping 350AC multiple times just for ship moving is a different thing compared to 500AC on a scratch that could earn you several million on the shop or just tickle that waifu dressup spot just right.

Also, doesn PSO2 use PSU's servers? And the fact that the servers are so dated that you cant even search for multiple affixes?

I wouldnt be surprised if a small fraction of players all doing something at once would strain the server to break.

I've seen other servers break for lesser reasons because the planets werent in alignment.

Aine
Feb 13, 2015, 02:30 AM
To be honest you'd be better off asking people who main those ships. I have spent some time randoming in Ship 7 though, and for some reason the PC blocks SH and under are always empty - you have to go to the Vita blocks if you want to do SH TD runs. So I'd stay away from Ship 7...

If all you care about is Magatsu though, all servers do SH belly runs in B36/B40 so it's a matter of population.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2015, 02:49 AM
That's interesting, I never realised that Magatsu happened down on those blocks, since their numbers never really go up. Is that a thing on Ship 2, also? Would be interesting if so, since a lot of my team complain about having to do public games on Ship 2 if there's not enough people for an organised run.

Aine
Feb 13, 2015, 03:01 AM
Yeah but you should always check the thread (http://yomogi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1423737621) in case they move block at the last minute. Also if it's not JP primetime people might go to normal SH blocks instead if there aren't enough people.

Noblewine
Feb 13, 2015, 05:57 PM
It vanished! :0

Ok, who broke Pso2. Lulz