PDA

View Full Version : New EQ discussion

Maenara
Feb 12, 2015, 07:42 AM
It's fun!

Has anyone seen a rare boss spawn in it though?

The boss spread is really good:

Ghost Ship
Ghost Ship + Depraved Shell: Decol Malluda x3
Org Blan x2 + Rough Wave: Org Blan -> Bal Rodos
Lvl 1 Infection Bal Rodos
Lvl 2 Infection Biol Meduna + Lvl 2 Infection Bal Rodos
Lvl 3 Infection Sea King: Nepto Cassadora + Lvl 3 Infection Sea King: Rheo Malludard + Lvl 3 Infection Sea King: Bal Rodos.

Xaeris
Feb 12, 2015, 07:46 AM
Beckoning Darkness: Sea World Edition.

I like it. While random spawns can lead to fun situations, they more commonly lead to dud EQs where the most exciting thing you do is fight a couple mini bosses. The set map guarantees a target rich experience. Though, I think I had an uncommonly good party because even on XH, we were vaping stuff. Managed to get three runs and I think there's a Rodos Cylinder in my bag. Granfol, you had a good run, but it's time for you to become a commoner's weapon now.

And yeah, I had an Org Keratos and a Bal Dominus in one of my runs.

Atmius
Feb 12, 2015, 07:49 AM
First run I got one keratos, one dominus, one rare meduna. Second run I got a rare float plan boss pair.

Xed
Feb 12, 2015, 07:49 AM
Encounter XH Bal Dominus on last section. No Goodies though. :(

DigestNeko
Feb 12, 2015, 07:59 AM
Not so lucky for me in ship 6, they screwed up the servers after the maintenance.
Being in the ship with the least population, the ship status is in red saying its full.

I did get to log in for a while just to find there are only 20 blocks available, with all of them full to the brim except for some block's premium space. After that the servers stop responding and i was disconnected.

DigestNeko
Feb 12, 2015, 08:00 AM
edit: As in there are only 20 blocks in the list, blocks 1-30 has gone missing and some of vita blocks are not there as well.

Aine
Feb 12, 2015, 08:00 AM
Fun EQ, the game needs more hand-craft stuff like this instead of vague prancing in circles

Fusionxglave
Feb 12, 2015, 08:08 AM
what happened to the servers ship 10 is full that can not be right.

Ship 10 has a history of being complete empty at many times

what is happening from the servers?

final_attack
Feb 12, 2015, 08:20 AM
I .... forgot this EQ implemented today ... and I've bought Koukomaru for 9m (50 ele) >_>

hoangsea
Feb 12, 2015, 08:30 AM
drop rate kinda low
250% up and only got an 10* rifle :-?

wefwq
Feb 12, 2015, 09:06 AM
2 runs, so far the only rare boss i got just org keratos and nothing else... didn't get any *10+ also...

Macman
Feb 12, 2015, 05:30 PM
I'm really hoping this drives down the price of Nepto Rods. It's the last thing I need for a full rainbow set.

Shinamori
Feb 12, 2015, 06:22 PM
I want that Slash Rave GS. O_O

Kiyumi
Feb 14, 2015, 01:54 AM
Is there any reason to run this on XH? Granfol perhaps?

Or should I use this as a xp festival to level my Gu?

hoangsea
Feb 14, 2015, 01:56 AM

stuffs such as slash rave GS
new 12* sword which have t-atk
critical damage TMG

and more interesting stuffs ::D

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 14, 2015, 02:46 AM
I want the addbullet gunslash to tank something fierce in price. I need to craft it for a universal add-bullet dispenser.

Flaoc
Feb 14, 2015, 03:29 AM
has anyone seen a rare decol in this? segas rng is still like no hatou 17 for u so this would be my current best shot at it

Kiyumi
Feb 14, 2015, 03:38 AM
has anyone seen a rare decol in this? segas rng is still like no hatou 17 for u so this would be my current best shot at it

He spawned a lot in the Xmas one...

But no I havent seen one yet. I only saw rare nepto/other guy the very first time too. No rare medunas or rodos yet either.

[Edit] Ive only done SH...ignore my info w

Dephinix
Feb 14, 2015, 03:40 AM
Had 2 Rare Rodos at the ends. Maybe one rare Nepto. Come on Magisa, drop your love drops!

Hysteria1987
Feb 14, 2015, 05:08 AM
I quite like this one, it feels like they've actually thought about spawn patterns. Some of the stuff they throw in front of those ships makes for good combinations.

I thought the very last Rodos must have been set to a Dominus, as it's always been one for me, and I haven't found any other rares in it, but it sounds like I've just been lucky. Found 14 rares with a 250% boost on last EQ, only three of which were 10*s. Looks great for specific hunts (as opposed to random 10*s), particularly for Rodos, Org Blans or Decol Malludards, but even better for exp.

All in all I really like this one. It was a bit on the difficult side for my ~lv55 Gunner too.

Maenara
Feb 14, 2015, 05:55 AM

Facility has a lot of great rares.

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2015, 04:50 PM
I really like this EQ, despite the drop rate being awfully low.
Only got one 10* with a 250% boost. Played it a few times and got met by a Rare Nepto/Rheo and Bal Dominus at the end last time.

Shady3011
Feb 14, 2015, 08:11 PM
Fun EQ, the game needs more hand-craft stuff like this instead of vague prancing in circles

Same.

TwistedShaerk
Feb 18, 2015, 04:51 PM
So I've started discovering that destroying the ships early using PBF annoys the hell out of people in random lobbies. Excuse me for wanting to fight Rodos over Malludas.

Flaoc
Feb 18, 2015, 04:53 PM
if you do that when a rare malluda is around on xh you sir are a scumbag and when one of the 2 dies a 3rd spawns giving 3 chances at one of them being rare. rare malluda can drop hatou 17

TwistedShaerk
Feb 18, 2015, 04:58 PM
Well, I've never seen Rare Malluda spawn there given that he seems to be the only enemy in the game that actually fits the bill of "Rare Enemy". Seriously, I see all the other rares all the time but I never see Rare Malludas.

Kiyumi
Feb 18, 2015, 05:08 PM
So I've started discovering that destroying the ships early using PBF annoys the hell out of people in random lobbies. Excuse me for wanting to fight Rodos over Malludas.

Since youll only be able to run XH 2 times anyway, there is literally zero benefit to trying to skip past the ship etrial. People want to maximize their xp which is the whole purpose of EQs. You want to get to bal rodos faster? Thats like the people who go speeding 60mph on the city streets so they can go and wait at the next red light for a longer time.

I see rare malludas all the time at TD3 and he came all the time at the xmas event. Either way youre just being a dick. Glad Im not on ship 2.

TwistedShaerk
Feb 18, 2015, 05:13 PM
Since youll only be able to run XH 2 times anyway, there is literally zero benefit to trying to skip past the ship etrial. People want to maximize their xp which is the whole purpose of EQs. You want to get to bal rodos faster? Thats like the people who go speeding 60mph on the city streets so they can go and wait at the next red light for a longer time.

I see rare malludas all the time at TD3 and he came all the time at the xmas event. Either way youre just being a dick. Glad Im not on ship 2.
The funny thing is if I hadn't done that I wouldn't have gotten a second run. Also by attempting to do it fast and get more runs (3 is completely possible BTW), you're getting more EXP. Not sure how that's defeating the purpose.

Atmius
Feb 18, 2015, 05:30 PM
Since youll only be able to run XH 2 times anyway
As it currently goes, despawning decols actually allows you to get 3 runs, because you aren't wasting a metric assload of time on slow spawning bosses that have trash drops.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 18, 2015, 05:31 PM
It just sounds like conflicting ideas and goals. More runs is always better, so there's good reason to destroy the ship as quickly as possible, but if you know you can't get another run in, then there's no need to do so. Seems like you're in the right to do so in this context, but it is a case by case thing. Some people should just be a little less sensitive and more aware that doing things quickly can mean more runs. Skipping a few mobs each run is no big deal if it means getting another run that you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

TwistedShaerk
Feb 18, 2015, 05:36 PM
It just sounds like conflicting ideas and goals. More runs is always better, so there's good reason to destroy the ship as quickly as possible, but if you know you can't get another run in, then there's no need to do so. Seems like you're in the right to do so in this context, but it is a case by case thing. Some people should just be a little less sensitive and more aware that doing things quickly can mean more runs. Skipping a few mobs each run is no big deal if it means getting another run that you wouldn't be able to otherwise.
The runs I had were kind of botched because the Rangers didn't know using WB on Rodos' jaw helps him die faster. But yeah, not doing it on what is essentially the final run is fair since you won't be doing another run anyways.

I say this is kind of SEGA's fault for designing the ship so that you can even attack it before jumping on it, putting a shield around the top of ship itself would have been enough to prevent things like this.

Xaelouse
Feb 18, 2015, 07:13 PM
You can get 3 runs and not have to destroy the ship at all. Shitty rangers too lazy to WB decol.

TwistedShaerk
Feb 18, 2015, 07:18 PM
You can get 3 runs and not have to destroy the ship at all. Shitty rangers too lazy to WB decol.
Case and point before I even thought of doing this I was in a lobby that got three XH runs. Every time I've played the EQ since have been two runs each, because Rodos doesn't die fast enough. All those two-run EQs it took two downs or more to kill one Rodos, but in the three-run it only ever took one to kill each.

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2015, 10:19 PM
Lodos wastes the most time for sure. He likes to randomly dive in and out for long periods.
Decol Maluda tends to take a long time if there are a bunch of them running amok.
Screen covered with lights makes it hard to see anything.

EN players, JP players or both?
Maluda appears in so many EQs and limited quests, and very rarely ever drops anything.
I figured people would prioritize more runs over a tiny chance of rare Maluda appearing with a tiny chance for Hatou Rindou 17.
Despair XH is coming up. That'll pump Hatou Rindou 17s out like no tomorrow.

And I'm pretty sure I've had Hatou Rindou 17 drop from other XH enemies too.
Earlier, I had Backhand Smash 17s drop from random trash in that EQ.

Since youll only be able to run XH 2 times anyway

I've gotten 3 runs on XH a few times. It's not that hard to do.
Likely depends on WB. As usual. Thanks, SEGA.

XH ought to be renamed to "extra WB necessity".

TwistedShaerk
Feb 18, 2015, 10:26 PM
EN players, JP players or both?

EN Players. One instance I believe a JP player actually helped me do it. Saw some WBs on the shield generators. Couldn't tell though because Z Aim gives me tunnel vision.

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2015, 10:32 PM
I noticed other people were skipping ships so I've been assisting with WB or ranged attacks.

I get the impression EN players are gonna publically whine about anything anyway.
It's been a pain trying to play Black Nyack with so many EN players transcribing the details of their every hand across tables to each other.
Not to mention spamming symbol art or the unending torrent of abuse towards Nyau. They should have made Dudu the dealer.

Nothing wrong with the occasional comment. It's when there's a constant stream of stuff nobody cares about that it gets pretty damn annoying.
Maybe if PSO2 had private chat rooms with a better chat GUI.

The runs I had were kind of botched because the Rangers didn't know using WB on Rodos' jaw helps him die faster.

JP swiki seems to have several comments lamenting this exact problem.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 19, 2015, 12:06 AM
And I'm pretty sure I've had Hatou Rindou 17 drop from other XH enemies too.
Earlier, I had Backhand Smash 17s drop from random trash in that EQ.

Discs tied to rare enemies can drop from any enemy in XH.

TaigaUC
Feb 19, 2015, 01:18 AM
I know. So I don't know why people are kicking up such a fuss about Decol Maluda.
It never feels like he gives much exp either.

Remember the Xmas EQ with the code for around 7 Maludas?
I remember seeing JP people complaining about how that was a huge waste of time.

Edson Drake
Feb 19, 2015, 05:10 AM
I noticed other people were skipping ships so I've been assisting with WB or ranged attacks.

I get the impression EN players are gonna publically whine about anything anyway.
It's been a pain trying to play Black Nyack with so many EN players transcribing the details of their every hand across tables to each other.
Not to mention spamming symbol art or the unending torrent of abuse towards Nyau. They should have made Dudu the dealer.

Nothing wrong with the occasional comment. It's when there's a constant stream of stuff nobody cares about that it gets pretty damn annoying.
Maybe if PSO2 had private chat rooms with a better chat GUI.

JP swiki seems to have several comments lamenting this exact problem.

I think the chat system is pretty good. Personal conversation? Either whisper or party and use party chat. People are either lazy to not use that or actually want people to hear their talk. If that is the case they'll find a way to speak in public. Don't underestimate people's need to attract attention to themselves.

Discs tied to rare enemies can drop from any enemy in XH.

Yes I got my Hatou from one of the XH EQs, I think it was Urban. It's really easy to get rare 17 discs, no need to hunt for them, if they drop everywhere I'd say.

KazukiQZ
Feb 19, 2015, 05:33 AM
^I got my Hatou 17 off a Bonta Bearadda in Christmas EQ before. And it was during its last day too...After farming that EQ for almost during its uptime lol

TaigaUC
Feb 19, 2015, 07:25 AM
I think the chat system is pretty good.

It could be so much better.
You know, like those games where you can create a chat room as a separate window, and then invite anyone to that chat room.
PSO2 is a pain in that everything has to take place in the same one uncustomizable window.
It's easy to accidentally speak out in public or whisper to the wrong person (not just me, JP people do this often as well).

If SEGA were to improve the chat GUI they would probably bork it and end up rescinding the changes to solve EQ lag.

Dephinix
Feb 19, 2015, 07:45 AM
Speaking of chat, is there a way to remove all chat bubbles altogether? It gets really annoying when I'm using manual aim just to have bubbles all over my reticle.

Vatallus
Feb 19, 2015, 09:53 AM
Can't be as annoying as those select few players that have an autoword set to everything. So you see them "talking" every 3 seconds.

Macman
Feb 19, 2015, 10:10 AM
That's the quickest way to get on a lot of people's blacklists.