PDA

View Full Version : New patch ruined my item translation

Hirokuvii
Feb 12, 2015, 12:16 PM
Each time i log into the game, all the items are in japanese but all the other context is in english. I know the english patches do not affect the items. I have checked off the item translation box then rechecked it to hope it will sort itself out. It says this;

Downloading latest item translation files... [OK!]
Failed to download translation files! (An exception occurred during a WebClient request. Stack Trace: at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
at ..(Object , EventArgs )) [WARNING!]

Each time I open Tweaker, a window pops up and says
"Failed to download translation files!(An exception occurred during a WebClient request.). Try rebooting your computer or making sure PSO2 isn't open."

I rebooted my computer and still doesnt work. Only one PSO2 is open and no other software is running other than the VPN.

Also each time i log in, it now locks up and freezes for 2-3minutes before continuing.

I do not want to have to reinstall the whole thing and need help asap. Thank you

KazukiQZ
Feb 12, 2015, 12:41 PM
Because you have PSO2 open, it can't finish the job. Close it 1st, open tweaker and download the item patch. After it's done, then you open PSO2 through the Tweaker.

Hirokuvii
Feb 12, 2015, 12:57 PM
Because you have PSO2 open, it can't finish the job. Close it 1st, open tweaker and download the item patch. After it's done, then you open PSO2 through the Tweaker.

PSO2 isn't open. From a reboot, my computer has no software running. When i open tweaker, that message pops right up.

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 12, 2015, 01:27 PM
Did a file check?

Hirokuvii
Feb 12, 2015, 02:49 PM
Did a file check?

yea, ill retry it tho

Hirokuvii
Feb 12, 2015, 07:52 PM
That means it's unable to download the item patch for one reason or another. Try moving the EXE, running it as admin, make sure you have space, check antivirus/firewalls, etc.

Some people have mentioned Avira hates my stuff again.

ive tried opening tweaker as administrator and still the same thing. I turned all firewalls off to see what that does and still nothing.

I dont have avira and I have a large amount of space.

I dont know what it means when people say I have PSO2 open while tweaker is open. When i usually open tweaker, i either launch it or exit it off. I never run a game and open another tweaker, thats just bizarre lol

I created a new folder in C drive and moved my tweaker files in there but that didnt help.

A lot of things i do with tweaker, if its running an old method of patch or fixing gameguard errors in trouble shooting, it would says error, access to path "such and such" denied. im not sure if that is anything resulting to translation problems.
Could you please briefly describe what you mean by moving the EXE? I am not too literate with computers lol. thank you for offering help.