PDA

View Full Version : What's a lamba grinder?

tenkennosoujiro
Feb 16, 2015, 01:55 AM
Saw it in the excube store and was wondering what it was

Edson Drake
Feb 16, 2015, 01:58 AM
Special grinders used exclusively by the 13* weapons.

Dephinix
Feb 16, 2015, 02:23 AM
Please use Quick Questions thread for such things~

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385

tenkennosoujiro
Feb 16, 2015, 02:45 AM
got it and thanks!

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 16, 2015, 07:30 AM
Special grinders used exclusively by english leecher
Because there isn't any leeching JP players right?

TaigaUC
Feb 16, 2015, 08:05 AM
Insert joke about grinding lambs. Tasty.

Saw it in the excube store and was wondering what it was

If I recall correctly, you get a ton from doing Jig's (Zieg?)'s repeatable? crafting orders, as well.

Because there isn't any leeching JP players right?

There are JP leechers, but I'm sure they are fewer in number.
I know several JP players who don't play at higher difficulty levels because they don't want to be a burden.
Can't imagine there being as many people like that in the West.
Westerners are more likely to do whatever they want, without considering other people.
That's from both personal experience and discussing the topic with others, some of whom have travelled around.
It's a different culture and society. There'll still be assholes either way, because that's how humans are.
There are also the people who don't really know any better, partly because they don't try to know better.

Anyway, the fact is farming and grinding can take forever and bear little to no results.
It encourages people to leech. Would be nice if SEGA relied less on such poor design.

Maenara
Feb 16, 2015, 08:44 AM
Insert joke about grinding lambs. Tasty.

If I recall correctly, you get a ton from doing Jig's (Zieg?)'s repeatable? crafting orders, as well.

I know several JP players who don't play at higher difficulty levels because they don't want to be a burden.
Westerners are more likely to do whatever they want, without considering other people.
That's from both personal experience and discussing the topic with others, some of whom have travelled around.
It's a different culture and society. There'll still be assholes either way, because that's how humans are.
There are also the people who don't really know any better, partly because they don't try to know better.

Anyway, the fact is farming and grinding can take forever and bear little to no results.
It encourages people to leech. Would be nice if SEGA relied less on such poor design.

Statistically speaking: Since there are far more Japanese players, there are far more Japanese leechers.

wefwq
Feb 16, 2015, 08:46 AM

Partialy wrong, JP play on lower difficulty because easy cube mode.
XH 99% will yield nothing but sub *10 junks that good for nothing, also thanks to "muh tanky enemy" that makes potential extra run gone to dust.

the_importer_
Feb 16, 2015, 08:59 AM
What do you guys mean by leechers anyway? Also, when using Grind Skip, do you pay for the cost of grinding 7 times or just 1 time and does it work at 100% or can it fail?

wefwq
Feb 16, 2015, 09:13 AM
What do you guys mean by leechers anyway? Also, when using Grind Skip, do you pay for the cost of grinding 7 times or just 1 time and does it work at 100% or can it fail?
If you see a guy using "another history" weapon, ungrinded running around, then it's leecher.
It cost you just like normal grind (x1) and 100% success iirc, you're supposed to use it when +0 anyway.

the_importer_
Feb 16, 2015, 09:44 AM
If you see a guy using "another history" weapon, ungrinded running around, then it's leecher.
It cost you just like normal grind (x1) and 100% success iirc, you're supposed to use it when +0 anyway.

I've just checked all the weapons with that Potential. Besides a couple of Gunslashes and 1 launcher, they're all weak 7* weapons, why would anyone use those in SH or XH, I imagine you wouldn't get much kills with them, even grinded to Lv10.

Xed
Feb 16, 2015, 09:49 AM
I've just checked all the weapons with that Potential. Besides a couple of Gunslashes and 1 launcher, they're all weak 7* weapons, why would anyone use those in SH or XH, I imagine you wouldn't get much kills with them, even grinded to Lv10.

You don't get kill with them. People use it next to real player so they gain character experience and probably auto-follow to minimize work. More reason not to join with ship 2.

wefwq
Feb 16, 2015, 09:54 AM
Aim for *9 couple of those weapon got a pretty good latent.

Why would they need to kill stuff themself when those leecher can just sit around on the corner while legit player do all the job.
Sometimes you'll see a character just standing on corner doing nothing, maybe just dodging boss attack and then back to wall-starring game, they usually using shitty, ungrinded weapon and units.
Much worse they just doing LA dance in the middle of the map shamelessly.

the_importer_
Feb 16, 2015, 10:13 AM
Well now, this explains why I've seen some people in the past log into games and just stood there. I always figured that they had connection issues.

Maenara
Feb 16, 2015, 10:16 AM
I used to get awful connection issues during UQs and I was worried I was looking like a total asshole to everyone else by appearing to stand still while they were killing those ultimate bosses.

wefwq
Feb 16, 2015, 10:32 AM
I used to get awful connection issues during UQs and I was worried I was looking like a total asshole to everyone else by appearing to stand still while they were killing those ultimate bosses.
But that's easly to be identified, like no damage when punched by enemy or glitchy movement.

Kiyumi
Feb 16, 2015, 08:46 PM
Ive had super laggy TD runs where (on my screen) I was running around killing stuff and when the wave end score screen came up I had 0 :(

I wonder what I look like. Am I spamming attacks into midair? Teleporting?

SEGA seems to have fixed that lag for the most part though.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 16, 2015, 09:18 PM
Why would they need to kill stuff themself when those leecher can just sit around on the corner while legit player do all the job.
Sometimes you'll see a character just standing on corner doing nothing, maybe just dodging boss attack and then back to wall-starring game, they usually using shitty, ungrinded weapon and units.
Much worse they just doing LA dance in the middle of the map shamelessly.
Who do you people play with??

Hysteria1987
Feb 16, 2015, 09:37 PM
I see it quite a bit in the SH blocks (11 and 12 mostly). Not anyone I play with, so to speak, as I'm usually soloing or with friends, but it does come up in random MPAs.

I can't remember the state of the XH blocks, because I don't play my main as much as I used to, but I do hope it is better. I got a new character in SH, and I can't wait until they're out. To be fair, a lot of those people in B11/12 are pretty new, as I remember them from when my new character was on lower difficulties, but there's also a lot of dancing and forgetting armours also at play...

I don't want to come off like some elitist knob- I genuinely don't mind new players finding their feet or poor characters not having as good equipment, but is there a block for people who don't want to get stuck in an MPA with people who don't try?

Macman
Feb 16, 2015, 09:57 PM
Leeching in UQ isn't productive to the leecher anyway. You want to help kill things (even if you are garbage and do very little damage) because it means less time wasted on your boosters.
Plus the sheer amount of kills it takes to get a 13* off Anga is far far more than any lazy leecher is willing to go through, so they don't stick around long.

Gama
Feb 17, 2015, 10:36 AM
i usually never do UQ's, so much chaos it makes get so tired.

I do like it when people apreciate my buffs and heals tho.