PDA

View Full Version : Choosing classes

jayssle26
Feb 16, 2015, 02:38 PM
Why are some of the classes not available to pick when I create a char (like gunner and techer)?

I want to play gunner class, so do I just choose any class from the creation screen and switch to gunner as soon as I get in the game?

Searaphim
Feb 16, 2015, 02:56 PM
Short Answer: Yes
Long Answer: Also yes

Anduril
Feb 16, 2015, 02:56 PM
Yes, though it might be best to select Ranger so you have access to some free Rifle (which Gunner can also use) PAs right off the bat.

Vintasticvin
Feb 16, 2015, 03:46 PM
Ugh the horrors of a fresh level 1 gunner >_< Enjoy rocket kicking.

TaigaUC
Feb 16, 2015, 11:20 PM
They used to require unlocking via bullshit bullshit.
SEGA is too lazy to add options to the character creation menu.

Dunno why there's suddenly been a huge influx of Western Gunners.
As if everyone's like, "Oh, Gunners got nerfed hard? Time to be the STRONGEST GUNNER EVAR!"
It's painful seeing people busting out Elder Rebellion on Magatsu at long range.
Or waiting for Gunners to finish juggling a single enemy high in the sky where nobody can reach.
Remember when people stopped doing that for a while? That was nice.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 17, 2015, 02:14 AM

As cheap as old Gu/Hu infinite fire was, at least it wasn't annoying as the Gu's who thought infinite juggleworks made them look cool.

Searaphim
Feb 17, 2015, 07:06 AM
As if everyone's like, "Oh, Gunners got nerfed hard? Time to be the STRONGEST GUNNER EVAR!"
It's painful seeing people busting out Elder Rebellion on Magatsu at long range.
Or waiting for Gunners to finish juggling a single enemy high in the sky where nobody can reach.

It's actually much more efficient to be yourself in the air and shoot at heads but nobody does that right?

hoangsea
Feb 17, 2015, 07:15 AM
They used to require unlocking via bullshit bullshit.
SEGA is too lazy to add options to the character creation menu.

true fact
long ranger gunner = better play other class
melee range gunner = real man :D

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 17, 2015, 07:41 AM
It's actually much more efficient to be yourself in the air and shoot at heads but nobody does that right?

Um... I do.

Searaphim
Feb 17, 2015, 08:00 AM
Um... I do.

I saw that you main Gu with Hu as sub on your sig, if you really aim for the heads I'd recommend that you try out Ranger as sub instead since heads are concidered weak points (with the weak points damage bonus from the ranger tree of course). Also, Grav bomb + Shift Period is worth a try.

Vatallus
Feb 17, 2015, 08:17 AM
Reverse Tap, Reverse Tap is a thing.

Selphea
Feb 17, 2015, 09:13 AM

TBH I do that if servers are acting weird. Magatsu's hollow body is an epic troll:

"Sup I'm standing"
"Nope I'm actually staggered"
"Nope was standing, but here's my stagger animation now!"
"Imma teleport a couple steps and make you fall through me!"

Doesn't happen often but if it's JP peak period what can you do :-?

Searaphim
Feb 17, 2015, 09:35 AM
TBH I do that if servers are acting weird. Magatsu's hollow body is an epic troll:

"Sup I'm standing"
"Nope I'm actually staggered"
"Nope was standing, but here's my stagger animation now!"
"Imma teleport a couple steps and make you fall through me!"

Doesn't happen often but if it's JP peak period what can you do :-?

For aiming Elder Rebellion is good enough but once the platforms are open you'll deal a lot more damage standing on the platforms spamming Satellite Aim. When Magatsu moves and things get buggy and usually simply do a few S-Rolls to keep myself on the platform.

Selphea
Feb 17, 2015, 10:00 AM
Yea in a decent pug the WBs are in the right spots so the platforms are open when they should be, although pugs seem to get confused with their WBs now, with all the different strategies. So WB shows up on the black stomach face, then one arm, then the other and throw in lag + nowhere to stand on + need to keep chasing the WB :/

TheAstarion
Feb 17, 2015, 10:24 AM
Doesn't happen often

As a European, I beg to differ; this is literally the only thing Magatsu ever does for us.

AlVaRo0515
Feb 17, 2015, 10:46 AM
As cheap as old Gu/Hu infinite fire was, at least it wasn't annoying as the Gu's who thought infinite juggleworks made them look cool.

Amen. :wacko:

schnee4
Feb 17, 2015, 11:35 PM
any class no GUHU

Zorak000
Feb 18, 2015, 12:04 AM
Some people just want to practice the ancient art of Gun-Fu.

also when I am playin gunner I really like having Dead Approach as my first PA; between that and Stylish Roll I can stay airborn almost indefinitely. That's very good for fighting magatsu, since I don't even need to bother with platforms, I just stay in the air and DA into what I am trying to satellite aim. I still follow satellite aim with elder because a mid-air satellite aim is just long enough to enable Standing Snipe for the JA'd Elder Rebellion.

I am still waiting for them to fix Bullet Squall's targeting to be top-down like they fixed sat. cannon... charged Aerial Shooting into Bullet Squall is just so fun I don't care if I am somehow hitting the target's feet instead of the head

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 18, 2015, 01:08 AM
Some people just want to practice the ancient art of Gun-Fu.

They need to stop being nubs and learn gun-kata (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXUn_s8nM4)

Woops. Sorry. This is phantasy star online 2. It's more like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIOxsYDHWGc)

yoshiblue
Feb 18, 2015, 01:35 AM
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Natsu Nem
Feb 18, 2015, 01:35 AM
The lack of decent GUs makes me sad. Out of the really rare opportunities I finally see a GU, they turn out to be long ranged ER spammers. :(

Since SRoll nerf, I've only seen one GU in an mpa that knew their stuff.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2015, 01:37 AM
Most likely because people who know their stuff aren't playing GU.

Natsu Nem
Feb 18, 2015, 01:48 AM
Most likely because people who know their stuff aren't playing GU.

Yup, I pretty much mastered GU but my god the class is so dysfunctional to the point I'm playing other classes rather than banging my head to make the class work at the highest level.

The amount of work and conditionals required to put out some decent performance is just not worth playing it over other classes.

Kiyumi
Feb 18, 2015, 01:57 AM
Yup, I pretty much mastered GU but my god the class is so dysfunctional to the point I'm playing other classes rather than banging my head to make the class work at the highest level.

The amount of work and conditionals required to put out some decent performance is just not worth playing it over other classes.

Is it really that bad? I thought I was just bad at playing Gu.

It seems I had the unfortunate situation of maxing out all my melee classes AFTER Gu nerf so when I finally get around to Gu I came at the worst time. After playing it for a while I cant really see any reason to play Gu over any of my melees.

Edson Drake
Feb 18, 2015, 02:11 AM
I would really like increased machine gun range, zero range, ER stuns at the last hit instead of the juggle and aerial advance meant that it increases damage while you are mid-air to discourage juggling.

And increase Guld Milla's potential, to a fair amount. There, I said it. :burger:

JYuzuriha
Feb 20, 2015, 09:41 AM
I picked the class on my vita that can use the double guns.
is the other gun class better then? If it is can they eventually learn to use the double guns as well?

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 20, 2015, 10:31 AM
SEGA really shit all over Gunner with their balance "fixes". If Davin wasn't committed to it, I might have him be Ranger. As it is, I need to raise up Ranger at least for a subclass for him.

imarm007
Feb 22, 2015, 04:19 AM
Exactly yes.