PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to level?

Moritsuna
Feb 21, 2015, 01:08 PM
I just started this game, trying to figure out how to stop error 630. In the meantime though, I was able to play with my lvl 68 friend! How long does it take to get to lvl 68?

Also nice to meet you guys :)

Anduril
Feb 21, 2015, 01:12 PM
Just unlocking areas on Normal while taking any Client Order you can, can get you to like the mid 30s in a couple of hours. Up to 50 is pretty fast, and with the current limited quest, which I think has an EXP boost going, you might even be able to get to cap by the end of the weekend, depending on how much you play.

BIG OLAF
Feb 21, 2015, 01:24 PM
Once you hit like 65? Too long, at least for the amount of fun you'll be having towards the end, there.

wefwq
Feb 21, 2015, 01:27 PM
If you play everyday, and actually know what client order to take whenever you doing some quest, you can hit 70+ really fast -- like in just a month or two.

Limited-Time quest will be your best bet to leveling, but it'll gone soon you better start grind there.
After that, there will be a week boost, EXP will be boosted for any quests.

And if you have some money, you can try to use EXP boosters during EQ run, especially if it's Falz Arms run, and get party to run EQ with to receive additional EXP boosts.

Dephinix
Feb 21, 2015, 01:30 PM
Just make sure you do your Koffie COs. I can't count on my hands how many people are running around without a subclass due to events like the LQ, or Dark Falz.

Padoca85
Feb 21, 2015, 02:37 PM
If you do de Daily Client Orders, and use the boost itens the game give here and there, o the Emergency and Limited Quests, you can reach 60 in about a couple weeks easily

imarm007
Feb 22, 2015, 04:15 AM
Always join EQ(Emergency Quest), Those give you a ton of EXP.

Kondibon
Feb 22, 2015, 05:21 AM
The best places to use exp boosters are limited quests, emergency quests, and advanced quests by the way.

kuromechan
Feb 22, 2015, 05:27 AM
to get to lvl 68, about a day or 2 if you do EQs, LQ and some Client orders (XQs ,TA and collect Orders.)

Moritsuna
Feb 22, 2015, 01:15 PM
Thanks guys, I have no idea about what alot of these terms mean yet haha, but I'll look them up. By the way, can my 68 friend play with me without me losing XP? In addition, can I be carried into a high level area?

Macman
Feb 22, 2015, 01:15 PM
The hardest part by a good margin is the 55-69 range, since the ideal content for that level is super hard AQs, yet not too many people are in that level range anymore so it's difficult to get a steady party going for runs.

Currently there's the LQ to fill the gap but it won't stay that way for much longer.

You can be carried to a high level area to an extent, you have to unlock further difficulty levels and if you fight monsters 15+ levels ahead of you, you will take an EXP penalty. Your friend won't lose anything by playing normal mode with you, other than missed time playing on higher modes.

Magicks
Feb 22, 2015, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys, I have no idea about what alot of these terms mean yet haha, but I'll look them up. By the way, can my 68 friend play with me without me losing XP? In addition, can I be carried into a high level area?

As far as I'm concerned, there is a exp penalty depending on how large the level gap is between you and the monsters that you kill. I don't remember the values, but I remember it being quite large. That's why some players recommend you staying on VH (Very Hard) for awhile even if you've hit the minimum to do SH (Super Hard) quests.

As if you can be carried into a high level area; no. Your friend would not be able to choose a Super Hard or Extra Hard if you don't meet the level requirements. (Lv 50 for most and Lv 70 respectively.)

Anduril
Feb 22, 2015, 01:24 PM

Just to add to what Macman said, everyone gets EXP even if they don't get a hit on the enemy. Additionally, you get an EXP bonus for playing with more people in your party.
You have to do a Client Order to unlock Hard at lv20 and Very Hard at lv40, but Super Hard and Extra Hard automatically unlock at lv50 and lv70, respectively.

EDIT:
EXP penalty:
15 levels or less (ex. You are level 20 and the enemy is between level 1 and 35): 100% EXP
16: 68%
17: 66%
18: 64%
19: 62%
20 or more: 60%

Party EXP Bonus:
Party of 4 actual players: +40% EXP
Party of 3 actual Players: +30% EXP
Party of 2 actual players: +20% EXP
*NPCs give half the Bonus; ie. Party of you and 3 NPCs will give you +20%EXP.
**I believe that after the first player or NPC, each additional NPC gives +5%EXP, so a party of 2 players and 2 NPCs would give +30%EXP.

Lostbob117
Feb 22, 2015, 01:32 PM
Mainly depends on how much you play missions and do COs and such.

Macman
Feb 22, 2015, 02:08 PM
Just to add to what Macman said, everyone gets EXP even if they don't get a hit on the enemy. Additionally, you get an EXP bonus for playing with more people in your party.
Should also be noted that even if you can't get 4 actual players, filling the party slots with NPCs or friend partners will boost your EXP gains as well, to a lesser extent.

Also do your daily boost COs every day to keep that 30% triboost going. It really helps as it'll give you a global 30% boost to EXP, meseta, and droprates. Plus the COs themselves are great EXP early on.

Anduril
Feb 22, 2015, 02:16 PM
Should also be noted that even if you can't get 4 actual players, filling the party slots with NPCs or friend partners will boost your EXP gains as well, to a lesser extent.
Good point. Updated my post to include NPC party EXP values.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2015, 07:40 PM
It's been a while, but I think it was around 40 hours to get to level 50?
After that, it's kind of a pain. Mostly because you'll be relying on random EQs and the strongest players will be off in XH, meaning any difficulty below XH will probably be full of failure.

There's an upcoming boost event that should make it easy to level.

What I'd do:
1. Always use EXP tickets. 50% or 75% if you can afford them. Always try to have a full party (there's a fat EXP bonus). Use bots if you have to.

2. Get to 50 ASAP by unlocking all areas, orders, etc. Falz Arms and Apos Dorios are great EXP at Normal because high levels will be running alts through them. That'll get you to 20-30 quickly.

3. Some orders aren't affected by level (particularly Coffee's), and those should go towards your sub. I recommend turning in orders as your sub (and a third preferred class as sub), as once you reach maximum you'll be wasting EXP. Always try to maximize EXP gain (ie. don't turn in an SH order at low level for 10k EXP when you can turn as a high level for 100k main and 10k sub).

4. Once you have lots of areas and orders unlocked, you can do the large reward ones every day, or the item turn-in orders every week (Franca's, Kresshida's, etc). Just buy the items, they tend to be cheap.

5. Always check for good daily orders. Buy the items if you can afford them. Many give tons of cash back.

6. From 50 to 55 do SH Magatsu with EXP boost tickets. Alternatively, Izanai and Cradle (nowhere near as efficient. Falz Arms and Apos Dorios are good, but rely very heavily on people not sucking. However, doing Arms/Dorios once and then Elder/Luther gives a decent chunk of EXP. Just make sure you're not dead when they die.

7. From 55 onwards do the above as well as Despair. Despair and SH Magatsu are the best for EXP.

8. From 70 you can do whatever you want.

9. Do the TA and XQ orders for money and EXP. If you're in a team, team orders can be easy and give decent EXP.

10. Buy the Matterboard Akishion with EXP boost and Another History. Equip it when bosses are about to die (most effective), or when you're running from point A to B in TD. But don't leech. If you're hardcore, you could get the +EXP stuff for units, but I personally wouldn't (it binds the units and I think it's area-specific).