PDA

View Full Version : Costume with Affix (Thai Server)

Meteor Weapon
Feb 23, 2015, 06:11 AM
http://images.playfps.com/PSO2/image245.png

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55409618.jpg

Xaeris
Feb 23, 2015, 06:16 AM
You know, I give Sega a lot of grief for their management of this game, but I have to admit, they have avoided a crapload of potential bad decisions in the implementation of their F2P model.

Sizustar
Feb 23, 2015, 06:20 AM
It's also in the Taiwan version and has existed for quite a while.

Edson Drake
Feb 23, 2015, 06:29 AM
The definition of P2W hogwash. Do they bind on equip too? If so, it's not so game-breaking, since you can't sell them, but still terrible.

Shakuri
Feb 23, 2015, 06:43 AM
If I remember right, that is close to what the original plan for costumes was before PSO2JP was released. For them to influence stats that is. Good that it didn't come in to play, what with all of the other terrible design choices that remain in-game as it is.

emeraude
Feb 23, 2015, 07:01 AM
iirc on TW the augs last for one month, and the costumes themselves are bind on pickup. the affixes are transferrable but the original costume is consumed. this was the original TW bulletin about it (http://tw.beanfun.com/PSO2/Bulletins/BulletinDetail.aspx?Bid=39542&kind=522&usg=ALkJrhgaSiXMSb3EHbhHqRh6xdKIvMsByg), and I can't read chinese so I'm going off what I heard from people.

Z-0
Feb 23, 2015, 07:20 AM
^ That's standard F2P MMO stuff. When selling new costumes, give them temporary stats so people have to keep buying them if they want to keep up with the meta. PSO2 doesn't really have a proper competitive metagame you need to participate in to be able to progress though, so it's not really a huge deal in this game.

hoangsea
Feb 23, 2015, 07:34 AM
wtf
pay to win detected :-?

no idea if later
they will add like 100 atk or smt better on costume

emeraude
Feb 23, 2015, 07:39 AM
It's probably something for minmaxers. Unless they like stick Lucky Rise III on one.

kuromechan
Feb 23, 2015, 07:52 AM
Just no.....
NO!

wefwq
Feb 23, 2015, 08:14 AM
Asia$oft in charge of F2P online game, nothing new.
They'll scrubbing their costumers with spoon and sandpaper in hope to bait all of their money and then close the server prematurely to "save some money".

untrustful
Feb 23, 2015, 02:20 PM
Swimsuit+10
Returner V
Modulator
Vinculum
Mutation II
Anga Soul
Ability V
Arm V
Spirita V

Kiyumi
Feb 23, 2015, 03:59 PM
Well Im glad the JP version isnt pay2win.

Shadowth117
Feb 23, 2015, 04:33 PM
andyettheygetallthecoolexclusivecosmetics*sob*

Oh you mean like these? :wacko:

http://i1.wp.com/www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Love-Singapore.jpg?resize=320%2C320

http://i2.wp.com/www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/11149-l-love-malaysia-.jpg?resize=320%2C320

Yeah I miss the garish clashing outfits too.

Macman
Feb 23, 2015, 05:26 PM
Well Im glad the JP version isnt pay2win.
Well if you're ungodly unlucky it's pay2notbegimped but for the most part yeah. Way better than the alternatives.

mctastee
Feb 23, 2015, 06:52 PM
The definition of P2W hogwash. Do they bind on equip too? If so, it's not so game-breaking, since you can't sell them, but still terrible.
Even better, they bind on pick up.

Great Pan
Feb 23, 2015, 07:08 PM
Pretty normal in TH server MMORPGs, and there are fools who are willing to pay 2 win.

GGWP Asiasuck.

Noblewine
Feb 23, 2015, 11:15 PM
Wow a decent male looking outfit. What took you so long SEGA. *Sarcasm*
Oh wait. P2W nevermind......

wahahaha
Feb 23, 2015, 11:29 PM
zomfgggg ooo my god pay2win in a co-op game
oooooooo oooooo oooooo

HIT0SHI
Feb 24, 2015, 12:46 AM
Absolutely disgusting.

http://i.imgur.com/tS85LKg.gif

Demon-
Feb 24, 2015, 03:15 AM
I still wouldn't wear it.

TehblackUchiha
Feb 24, 2015, 11:53 AM
Not sure whats happening with the tw server as they have some pretty broken katana damage there and it's only Ep 2 with no shunka.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzbndZw5RbE[/SPOILER-BOX]
I doubt it's the costumes, however, I have seen other videos where damage looks normal compared to this.

Edson Drake
Feb 24, 2015, 12:13 PM
Goddamn that Sakura damage.

Not only the damage, the animations seem to come out much much faster. We need that for Braver in JP servers!

landman
Feb 24, 2015, 12:33 PM
If people could affix their clothes in JP server many MANY people would be running to get that 5th Soul and attack and spirita added to their stats. If there is any way to affix a Soul in them... since they don't drop. Even if they are different affixes, as long as you can transfer them from one costume to the other it's not different than affixing units (9* and under used to be bind on equip until some weeks ago) or any other consumable AC item.

kuromechan
Feb 24, 2015, 12:35 PM
I would started being a lobby rat if that ever happened

Maenara
Feb 24, 2015, 01:06 PM
If people could affix their clothes in JP server many MANY people would be running to get that 5th Soul and attack and spirita added to their stats. If there is any way to affix a Soul in them... since they don't drop. Even if they are different affixes, as long as you can transfer them from one costume to the other it's not different than affixing units (9* and under used to be bind on equip until some weeks ago) or any other consumable AC item.

The point is you can't do ANY of that, at least to my understanding. You have to buy the costume with real money and it comes like that.

landman
Feb 24, 2015, 01:07 PM
Or buy it with meseta, it's bind on equip, not on touch.

emeraude
Mar 5, 2015, 05:12 AM
If you're curious what the affixes are:

http://i.imgur.com/3ZKSvpc.png

Infinity Series
Mar 5, 2015, 05:46 AM
wtf with that effect

Poyonche
Mar 5, 2015, 06:05 AM
Wow, dat EP2 Braver.

inb4 Bouncer with 30k damage per Gran Wave kick.

Alma
Mar 5, 2015, 09:51 AM
If you're curious what the affixes are:

http://i.imgur.com/3ZKSvpc.png

lol wtf the effect? :wacko:

wefwq
Mar 5, 2015, 09:53 AM
I can't even imagine how hard JP server folks losing their shit if it's get implemented over here in JP server.
Those stat are pretty ridiculous.

>equip bikini
>it has affix that somehow boost HP and all of your DEF by 200
>my costume are somehow boost more stat than your unit set does guys ;P

Dycize
Mar 5, 2015, 11:23 AM
I wonder if cast parts all come with those affixes which would give casts 3 times the bonus.
That would be fun.

Macman
Mar 5, 2015, 01:28 PM
So everyone looks the same over in Thailand? That sounds so goddamn boring.

Maenara
Mar 5, 2015, 03:26 PM
So it's not just affixes, it's MULTIPLE potentials on that costume too. And this is on the server that NERFED normal potentials. Example: They changed Dragon Slayer potential to give a chance of dealing 60(Yes 60, yes chance) extra damage to dragonkin.

Dnd
Mar 5, 2015, 03:29 PM
So... black heart(ex? what does that do? 800 boost? 1,000?), 30% resistance to damage /and/ 200 hp?

totally balanced guys, nothing to see here, carry on.

Its like they are scared of having players actually die, think about the scape doll revenue your losing D:

jooozek
Mar 5, 2015, 03:31 PM
nice pay2win garbage

GoldGenII
Mar 5, 2015, 03:52 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/gnSCQ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Thailand got us beat in the combat-ready fashion game, hands down

Xaeris
Mar 5, 2015, 03:54 PM
I'm actually curious as to what latents they assigned all of the other costumes we know and love. I don't suppose there's a wiki I can look up for lulz?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 5, 2015, 04:58 PM
I was actually thinking of asking the exact same thing. I tried looking up a few websites but didn't find any lists that included affixes. Are they randomly distributed or universally the same, barring one or two that are randomized? Trying to figure this one out. Kinda curious.

As far as I can tell from this (http://tw.beanfun.com/PSO2/www/event/gacha/x_comp/index.html) page, all of them have 4 set affixes, with two random abilities from a pool. Which seems...boring.

Xaeris
Mar 5, 2015, 05:23 PM
Oh. Lame. I was hoping they'd be set affixes that make a sliver of sense according to the outfit if you really think hard and reach for it. Like Flash Guard on bikinis.

Maenara
Mar 5, 2015, 05:38 PM
inb4 untradeable scratch item that adds another random affix to costumes

emeraude
Mar 5, 2015, 08:34 PM
I was actually thinking of asking the exact same thing. I tried looking up a few websites but didn't find any lists that included affixes. Are they randomly distributed or universally the same, barring one or two that are randomized? Trying to figure this one out. Kinda curious.

As far as I can tell from this (http://tw.beanfun.com/PSO2/www/event/gacha/x_comp/index.html) page, all of them have 4 set affixes, with two random abilities from a pool. Which seems...boring.
The following are fixed:
Stamina EX I: +200 HP
Strike Shield EX I: +30 Melee
Resist Shot Shield EX I: +30 Range Resist
Mind Shield EX I: +30 Magic Resist
Lucky Break I/Meseta Boost

Then it randomizes from the following:
Tech Charge Bonus EX - boosts charged magic damage
Dark Dance EX - Black Heart latent
Perfect Magic Strike Bonus EX - effectiveness of JA'd tech rises

Then it seemingly picks a secondary effect, in addition to those above, for x7 affixes, if you're lucky. I've seen that Ice Mastery EX I and an Oceanid Hunter latent on another.

All augments expire on June 4, 2015, and the costumes themselves are bind on equip. They are fairly rare as well - out of a server with ten blocks approaching non-prem full, I've only seen less than ten, and all of them are selling for 100+ mil mes.

Edson Drake
Mar 5, 2015, 09:04 PM
All augments expire on June 4, 2015

Wow, just... wow.

wefwq
Mar 5, 2015, 09:07 PM
Looks like that their ship will crash into the sun in less than a year...

KazukiQZ
Mar 5, 2015, 10:18 PM
Typical Asiasoft shiet =w=

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 5, 2015, 11:19 PM
Oh. Lame. I was hoping they'd be set affixes that make a sliver of sense according to the outfit if you really think hard and reach for it. Like Flash Guard on bikinis.

You tried so hard to make that joke.

The following are fixed:
Stamina EX I: +200 HP
Strike Shield EX I: +30 Melee
Resist Shot Shield EX I: +30 Range Resist
Mind Shield EX I: +30 Magic Resist
Lucky Break I/Meseta Boost

Then it randomizes from the following:
Tech Charge Bonus EX - boosts charged magic damage
Dark Dance EX - Black Heart latent
Perfect Magic Strike Bonus EX - effectiveness of JA'd tech rises

Then it seemingly picks a secondary effect, in addition to those above, for x7 affixes, if you're lucky. I've seen that Ice Mastery EX I and an Oceanid Hunter latent on another.

All augments expire on June 4, 2015, and the costumes themselves are bind on equip. They are fairly rare as well - out of a server with ten blocks approaching non-prem full, I've only seen less than ten, and all of them are selling for 100+ mil mes.

True terror.

TaigaUC
Mar 7, 2015, 05:54 PM
I absolutely despise stats tied to character look customization.
Such a simple aspect of game design and people still don't get it.
It needs to die out.

People like to look nice. It should be separate from other things.
Imagine if clothing and hairstyle changes in real life came accompanied with inseparable physical incentives and deterrents.
Mohawk = +rabies. Denim jeans = +eyesight. Gold bracelet = +poop retention. It's just ridiculous.

wefwq
Mar 7, 2015, 06:47 PM
I absolutely despise stats tied to character look customization.
Such a simple aspect of game design and people still don't get it.
It needs to die out.

People like to look nice. It should be separate from other things.
Imagine if clothing and hairstyle changes in real life came accompanied with inseparable physical incentives and deterrents.
Mohawk = +rabies. Denim jeans = +eyesight. Gold bracelet = +poop retention. It's just ridiculous.
Yes, this.

I really hate it when they doing this on some games.
Sometimes, if you want to looks like a coolest kid on the block means having a shit bonus and having the best bonus means let your character looks likea joke character.
If it's just a very small bonus (+5 or just 1% to one stat type) probably it's okay though, but i still prefer no bonus at all for max customizations freedom.

sol_trigger
Mar 8, 2015, 07:46 AM
who said costumes with stats is P2W are pure losers

Maenara
Mar 8, 2015, 08:27 AM
what.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2015, 01:09 PM
who said costumes with stats is P2W are pure losers

[SPOILER-BOX]https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/thumb/5/52/Bait.jpg/500px-Bait.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
You're trying too hard.

emeraude
Mar 8, 2015, 01:46 PM
The costumes help a bit, with the resists. VH on SEA has been buffed to SH levels of damage and HP, and SH units (save for XQ units) aren't out yet.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 8, 2015, 04:16 PM
The costumes help a bit, with the resists. VH on SEA has been buffed to SH levels of damage and HP, and SH units (save for XQ units) aren't out yet.

Is that due to the fact that this version of PSO2 won't be around for EP3? :D

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2015, 04:52 PM

lol brilliant

Maenara
Mar 8, 2015, 05:21 PM
So their plan is to make you NEED these items.

KazukiQZ
Mar 8, 2015, 05:34 PM
Heh. Similar case happened in SEA RO2 (was under Asiasoft but had gone now, because it merged with NA server):

KrRO2 Priest's Revival skill has 5 minutes cooldown. SEA one has...30 minutes (or 50 minutes i think, don't quite remember). When been complained, their main response was 'SEA playerbase is very highly skilled, so we're adding more challenge for them' when the truth is to raise the sale of cash shop Revival Tool.

Macman
Mar 8, 2015, 05:36 PM

Making the game even more unplayable without giving in to their even more blatant cash grab.

Great Pan
Mar 8, 2015, 07:58 PM
Sadly, yes, that's how the SEA server rolls. Ruthless cash grab.

seilent
Mar 8, 2015, 08:49 PM
The economy in SEA is different too, i'm free players there and able to get this from only doing TACO and some AQ for less than one week..

http://s30.postimg.org/g6za917ht/Capture.jpg

But from the way it's going, it seems this costume affix kinda useful. It's not really forcing u to use it (git gud, pay no attention to this stuff.. done)
it's not asiasoft if without sneaky spend your money stuff lol

GHNeko
Mar 10, 2015, 07:55 PM
I think even SoA would do better than this.

sol_trigger
Mar 10, 2015, 09:58 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/thumb/5/52/Bait.jpg/500px-Bait.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
You're trying too hard.

nope nope nope, the P2W term is invalid in this game, there is no PVP in this game > then what the fuck is out there for you to win ? only losers would cry over costume affix