PDA

View Full Version : New 13-stars to be added as exchange shop rewards for Challenge Quests

Aine
Feb 25, 2015, 11:08 AM
Dengeki scans:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/uL51Vaw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pMobQPD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0rnK44l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Clearing Challenge Quests will earn you Challenge Miles based on clear percentage and Mile Crystals picked up along the way. These can be used to exchange for rewards including a direct EXP booster (15000 EXP), Lambda Grinders, Grind Risk Reduction -2, and a new range of 13-star weapons (イデアル, Ideal?).

Going by the screenshots the Ideal range has a slightly lower base ATK than Ares (Ares Sword 1083, Ideal Edge 1002). The potential is unknown but it is hinted that it will be strong against bosses.

You can also customize the colour of Ideal weapons for free.

Exchange rates are unknown at the moment, but it will supposedly take a long time to obtain a 13-star.

Xaeris
Feb 25, 2015, 11:12 AM
I'll take a long grind with a guaranteed outcome over the telepipe roulette any day of the week. Still displeased over it being 12-man though.

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 11:16 AM
On one hand, I'm happy about this. On another, now I'll have no reason whatsoever to stick to God Hando.

final_attack
Feb 25, 2015, 11:17 AM
Well, as long as it doesn't need to be too hardcore (in term of time consumed) ...... though probably it'll be >_>

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 11:20 AM
Remember when Extreme Quests first came out? The time required to get their 11*s was upwards of a year, if you didn't purchase any passes from anyone.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 25, 2015, 11:20 AM
Wow those things are atrocious looking.

wefwq
Feb 25, 2015, 11:21 AM
Wellfare weapon: the quest
As long as it doesn't takes too long like XQ does back in the dark days, i don't really mind it.
And btw is c-mode really an 12-player quest?
If it really does, i can already see some JP-Only and locked group here and there.

Remember when Extreme Quests first came out? The time required to get their 11*s was upwards of a year, if you didn't purchase any passes from anyone.
Still fucking remember this, i almost gave up on XQ *11 exchange weapon due to it's insane requirement, and then they pull entire title reward and clear bonus thing.
Finding for a good group are really is hard and XQ are pretty hard to solo back then, make stone gathering process even more insane.

final_attack
Feb 25, 2015, 11:23 AM

Ah yes, I still haven't got the XQ weapons until now (though I had over 300 passes (Probably went down to around 250 now, paying for friends XQ) ._. ). Didn't have much time to play due to irl things >_<

I guess I'll just wait and see once it's implemented orz

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 11:29 AM
This makes me think that they are really close to unveiling new 13* weapons that beat out Anga's weapons. It's really not like Sega to make guaranteed-obtainable weapons that good.

Cyber Meteor
Feb 25, 2015, 11:36 AM
Hey! I like the fact that you can recolor them! Though it seems you can only recolor the blades coming out of it and not the body. Also, their potential will be strong against bosses? mmmm, seems really a situational potent, well they need to keep a reason for us to run UQ. I just hope it'll be very strong against bosses then.
Also, i see no reason for those weapon to require months to get, otherwise just farm Anga, you'll get a 13* sooner though it's not granted it'll be the one you want as opposed to 13* Challenge Weps but still. Otherwise we'll have plenty of alternative in the 11/12* range by the time we can get one.

Digital Pain
Feb 25, 2015, 11:37 AM
I like the idea of customizing the weapons colour! also wish we could name the weapon just like PSO 1 S-ranks.

Z-0
Feb 25, 2015, 11:40 AM
Judging from the attack values, the CM weapons will be stronger than everything else that isn't 13★ (even factoring in latents, since 13★ can be 60 element), apart from Limit Break FIs with the appropriate weapons depending on sub.

So, hunting for anything right now seems utterly pointless unless it has some sort of use outside of damage (PP recovery stuff, PP reduction, charge times, things like that) or multi-class.

Who is excited for BrGu Magatsu, since the latent will supposedly be a boss damage one?

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 25, 2015, 12:42 PM
Organized parties once challenge mode comes out anyone?

Rain Walker
Feb 25, 2015, 12:46 PM
Meh it'll be EXQ all over again .-.

Vatallus
Feb 25, 2015, 12:49 PM
Stop reminding me that I need to go craft my Bal Rodos dual blades for Fi/Bo. D:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 25, 2015, 12:54 PM
colorpickercolorpickercolorpickercolorpickercolorp ickercolorpickercolorpickercolorpicker

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 25, 2015, 01:02 PM
colorpickercolorpickercolorpickercolorpickercolorp ickercolorpickercolorpickercolorpicker

You okay there buddy?

LonelyGaruga
Feb 25, 2015, 01:08 PM
Looking at the screenshot, they come with 20 element and 3s. Can't read the affixes though, print is too small.

Getting 3 to 60 element...

Poyonche
Feb 25, 2015, 01:08 PM
inb4 13* that allows you to change their appearance to 1*-6* weps.

And the weapons come with Vinculum ( ウィンクルム ), Stamina III ( スタミナⅢ ) and Spirita III ( スピリタⅢ )

Ce'Nedra
Feb 25, 2015, 01:19 PM
At least it beats braindead anga farming which I still refused to partake in for now and the fact you can recolor them is a huge plus for me, giving them a more unique feature. Now pray they will be multiclass but I doubt it ^^;

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 25, 2015, 01:22 PM
I do hope the DBs are Fi usable.

I'm just going to keep saying that until they un-fuck the bouncer skill tree for blades.

Lax
Feb 25, 2015, 01:50 PM
I do hope the DBs are Fi usable.

I'm just going to keep saying that until they un-fuck the bouncer skill tree for blades.

Whats wrong with the BO tree? Dont you have rainbow 13*?

Poyonche
Feb 25, 2015, 01:57 PM

It is so easy to get and so cheap, I don't see why people are complaining.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 25, 2015, 02:04 PM
The sarcasm here is palpable, but I hate how their unconditional damage boost is mainclass only, which isn't worth giving up Fi, or at least Hu for, and ele stance demands you taste the rainbow for over 30% more damage.

Weapons you can't craft to make Fi-usable are the only reasons to main Bo (which still isn't worth it), which is why I hope the blades are at least Fi-usable.

Saagonsa
Feb 25, 2015, 02:11 PM

Well, right now a rainbow of crafted granfols as a fi/bo is better than than a rainbow of 13*s as a bo/hu

LonelyGaruga
Feb 25, 2015, 02:27 PM
And the weapons come with Vinculum ( ウィンクルム ), Stamina III ( スタミナⅢ ) and Spirita III ( スピリタⅢ )

That's bad even for trade-in standards. Damn.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 25, 2015, 02:37 PM
Well, right now a rainbow of crafted granfols as a fi/bo is better than than a rainbow of 13*s as a bo/hu

This is the short version of my beef with BO skill tree

It's so bad, even 13* DBs not usable by Fi are not worth more damage than 11s (crafted granfol/sol rishell). BO skill tree design is just that bad. I really hope there's plenty of JP players complaining about it because this is really fking stupid.

Xaelouse
Feb 25, 2015, 02:52 PM
12* and below aren't gonna be weak for too long. It just gives them an excuse to buff crafting, probably to the level of these cmode weapons.

TaigaUC
Feb 25, 2015, 08:59 PM
I like how you can recolor the blade but NOT THE BLACK AND RED HILT/HANDLE.
And I don't think recoloring is going to make those weapons look any better. Yuck.
I see 13 stars are continuing to cement themselves as ugliness incarnate.

On one hand, I'm happy about this. On another, now I'll have no reason whatsoever to stick to God Hando.

Until you discover how hideous and gigantic the knuckles will undoubtedly be.

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2015, 09:16 PM
It's ugly =w=

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 25, 2015, 10:06 PM
It's ugly =w=

But not as ugly as the Anga 13* stuff, at least IMO.

Shinamori
Feb 25, 2015, 10:08 PM
So, let me get this right, we can cross server with c-mode and supposedly it will run fine, while adding the ability to search for more than one affix at a time might be too much for server strain?

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 25, 2015, 10:09 PM
So, let me get this right, we can cross server with c-mode and supposedly it will run fine, while adding the ability to search for more than one affix at a time might be too much for server strain?

SEGA.

HeyItsTHK
Feb 26, 2015, 01:45 PM

Well the server freaking shits itself when too many parties open boss crystals near the same time so who knows what the infrastructure is like :-?

Poyonche
Feb 26, 2015, 01:55 PM
Well the server freaking shits itself when too many parties open boss crystals near the same time so who knows what the infrastructure is like :-?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eehMWVmkPaM/TZ6chlZsF_I/AAAAAAAAABs/M9fHzGKT-Nc/s1600/FirstComputer.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dnd
Feb 26, 2015, 02:53 PM

Apparently the mutli affix issue is code related or something. But dont worry, the chairs in the shared ships will grind pso2's entire server cluster to a halt

Macman
Feb 26, 2015, 02:57 PM

It's the exact same hardware they used in PSU I guarantee you that. PSO2 running on 10 year old hardware only makes sense.

Rakurai
Feb 26, 2015, 09:40 PM
I'd like to hope that Challenge Mode is completable solo or by smaller parties.

They could just scale the rate at which the gauge decreases based on the number of members in the party to make it possible.

hoangsea
Feb 26, 2015, 11:26 PM
ares weapons design < new 13* from challenge mode
drop stuffs quality > trade from npc stuffs

so pick what you like ( a stronger one or a better looks one)

btw
we still dont' know new 13* pot tho
hope it will be an useful one

wefwq
Feb 27, 2015, 12:23 AM
ares weapons design < new 13* from challenge mode
drop stuffs quality > trade from npc stuffs

so pick what you like ( a stronger one or a better looks one)

btw
we still dont' know new 13* pot tho
hope it will be an useful one
It says new *13 pot will strong against bosses, knowing it's sega and looking to the past existing pot, probably will be something like boost xx% damage to boss.

hoangsea
Feb 27, 2015, 12:36 AM
It says new *13 pot will strong against bosses, knowing it's sega and looking to the past existing pot, probably will be something like boost xx% damage to boss.

like the hunter/slayer pot ?

increased damage by xx% when attacking bosses ?
sounds OP :-?

Macman
Feb 27, 2015, 12:58 AM
To be fair, Ares weapons give you +10% damage on EVERYTHING on top of their ridiculously high stats, so boss-only damage multiplier is comparatively not really OP at all.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 27, 2015, 01:11 AM
We're already looking at 20% for species latents (13% for darkers), and Ares weapons cap out at 10%. For the Ideal weapons to actually be worth using over Ares, they'll need a latent at about 13% or so, going off the S-ATK difference for Ares Sword and the Ideal sword pictured. And if the Ideal weapons are too weak, some weapon categories might actually have things that out-damage it on bosses, like really high-end species or PA latent weapons.

Can't really say I have high expectations for them if the boss latent thing is true. A boss latent would actually be pretty awful considering all but three quests (Elder/Loser/Magatsu) involve several times more time fighting regular enemies than bosses.

Bellion
Feb 27, 2015, 01:16 AM
Currently nothing would beat a 13☆ 60 element unless we take different class combinations and compare them. Like, LB FiBo racist(I want to promote racism again!) weapons vs BoHu Ares.

An Ideal 60 would blow out any 12☆50 with 13%-20% damage latents. With the exception of tech weapons if comparing one element 60 vs rainbow 50s. And maybe Twin Daggers/Double Sabers because they're scaled horribly.

Sacrificial
Feb 27, 2015, 01:46 AM
You can also customize the colour of Ideal weapons for free.

I might have to nolife this game again.

martinmeegan
Feb 27, 2015, 01:51 AM
I might have to nolife this game again.

Yes!!

hoangsea
Feb 27, 2015, 02:00 AM
btw
is those10-11* crafted ex 10 or higher with slayer/hunter talent still stronger than 12* stuffs at the moment with the same amount of element ?

Xaelouse
Feb 27, 2015, 02:16 AM
They're making sure 12* and below aren't too relevant yet until the next crafting update. It's stupid to compare them to 13* when they're trying to glorify 13* at the moment.
In terms of future, if those ideal weapons really do have a boss-specific potential with good %, then crafted ult.bus weapons/racist weapons and ideal weapons would be the top setup since it'll handle everything in the game. Ares weapons will still have a place too, so everything will equal out at the end.
Their potential is garbage though, it's not actually 10% all the time and you can't even use your PB.

Macman
Feb 27, 2015, 03:25 PM
The only time you wanna use your PB is if you are a force with Ketos Proi, and even then barring Ultimate you'll get your PB right back shortly after expending it. It's essentially +10% damage all the time a couple rooms into the mission.

Bellion
Feb 27, 2015, 03:39 PM
It's a minimum of 6% extra damage at all times. At most you'll be missing 4%, so you'll just have to live without 4% some of the time. A half way filled PB will give you 9% at least according to S-Wiki.

Of course, you can buy some PB gauge building weapon and figure out how to overkill and multikill more. Ra/x has it good with at least 1 point into the PB skill.