PDA

View Full Version : XH Dark Falz Winner

Meteor Weapon
Feb 25, 2015, 11:55 AM
Sega really did a big surprise on adding Loser's new set moves/different timing move set.

No one ever suspected Loser would fog his clock right after we break it and only completely opened it right after the second Time Freeze. The 2nd Time Freeze was also a surprise where his swords would do a 2nd attack. Things get smooth right after that and quickly killed him. Still a fun fight.

How's everyones run?

PS: Hoping for Aida temporarily change Loser's name to Winner for a whole month for lolz.

Rain Walker
Feb 25, 2015, 12:00 PM
Haven't gotten a chance to fight XH just yet...

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 12:03 PM
Hahahaha, that's amazing. Screenshot please.

TheAstarion
Feb 25, 2015, 12:06 PM
Vita block. Dropped to 9 players before first blade rain. Weak bullet vanished around then so we assumed our ranger DCed... only for it to start appearing after we dropped to 6 players after the second blade rain. So the Ranger didn't DC, he was just a mouth breather.

Didn't manage to defog the clock but won with less than 2 minutes remaining and 6 players. Final loot? A lambda tigrebow.

Better than most people's first SH Luther though, at least he went down eventually.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 25, 2015, 12:07 PM
I completely forgot to take any screenshots from the fight. orz

But I can tell you its a fun fight,he moves extremely fast especially in Fast mode.

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 12:24 PM
Can anyone find videos of him? I really wanna see.

Poyonche
Feb 25, 2015, 12:53 PM
Maybe XH Luther won't just be "flail at the clock for twice as long."

HE WAS RIGHT !!

Poyonche
Feb 25, 2015, 12:58 PM

Looked on niconico, didn't find any. :(

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 01:57 PM
Looked on niconico, didn't find any. :(

I would've figured there'd have been at least one...

Dnd
Feb 25, 2015, 02:12 PM
Sega really did a big surprise on adding Loser's new set moves/different timing move set.

The 2nd Time Freeze was also a surprise where his swords would do a 2nd attack. Things get smooth right after that and quickly killed him. Still a fun fight.

Sorry but anyone who watched the trailer video for this update would of seen that:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.com/a/img540/2153/otawH7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 02:51 PM
Uh, we were supposed to pick up on a tiny cue like that? If it were obvious, people would have pointed it out the moment the video came out.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 25, 2015, 03:14 PM
The only thing the video shows is that a sword hangs around after all the other swords were released. That could mean a lot of things, like having swords with staggered releases after the initial time stop, or a different attack entirely. The only thing really certain from the trailer is that the time stop is going to function differently.

Dnd
Feb 25, 2015, 03:17 PM
Uh, we were supposed to pick up on a tiny cue like that? If it were obvious, people would have pointed it out the moment the video came out.

because another set of giant swords floating about during a time stop isnt an obvious cue as to something different is happening?

Ephidiel
Feb 25, 2015, 03:30 PM
i actually noticed it in the trailer. Thought many here had seen and noticed it as well .-.

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 03:48 PM
because another set of giant swords floating about during a time stop isnt an obvious cue as to something different is happening?

Really isn't when they're hard to see in the first place.

Padoca85
Feb 25, 2015, 03:53 PM
Hm, too bad I didnt got to do the EQ this time to see the diferences.

Got kind of tired of people gaving up on the midle of the battle so many times...

Sora3100
Feb 25, 2015, 04:04 PM

I have a video uploaded on Loser, just check out my YouTube channel (sorry about self-advertising, and would insert link but you know, 10 posts needed)
(thanks Maenara)

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 04:15 PM
I'll post for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agqxJBhDoco

Hahahahahahahah

Magicks
Feb 25, 2015, 04:38 PM
^ Oh my god, that looks brutal. So looks like once the clock is broken and is covered by the fog, we release the fog by breaking the cores in the arm?

And LOL, that double time freeze; there's going to be a lot of wipes this week.

Vatallus
Feb 25, 2015, 04:48 PM
So time to see how DFL XH goes on Ship 9. I fully expect people to quit in middle of XH Luther because they can't core goon him asap.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 25, 2015, 04:53 PM
Those people who continued to attack the core while obviously doing no damage... for multiple minutes..

Vatallus
Feb 25, 2015, 05:44 PM
11 minutes. Can also confirm Apos % isn't boosting his drops. Got a grand total of 6 rares with a 250% on a fully broken Luther.

Maenara
Feb 25, 2015, 05:52 PM
Had fun?

Meteor Weapon
Feb 25, 2015, 05:57 PM
There's currently a bug where Apos kills doesn't increase Loser's drop rate. Their replacing his EQ with Magatsu today.

Shinamori
Feb 25, 2015, 05:57 PM
Unless the 12* are good, I'm sticking to SH.

Cyber Meteor
Feb 25, 2015, 05:58 PM
11 minutes. Can also confirm Apos % isn't boosting his drops. Got a grand total of 6 rares with a 250% on a fully broken Luther.

They're gonna repeat what they did with Magatsu? Man...... i just don't know what to say, i'll only *facepalms*. Watch for them to rectify the drop rate next month :-D. OK then i'll stick to SH for Niren Orochi

EDIT : seems like Meteor Weapon gave an answer. But does that mean the sceduled Loser we got will be replaced?

REEDIT : Checked on jp swiki: The sceduled Loser of tomorrow (23 JST for ship 1-5, 22 JST for 6-10) is indeed replaced by Magatsu, oh well....

Selphea
Feb 25, 2015, 06:20 PM
They changed Loser from an Elemental Stance zerg-the-core boss to a Break Stance full-break boss? They must really like Break Stance o_o::

His HP sure dropped a lot though. 18 minutes on XH in a PUG with no WB and a bunch of people doing 0 DPS for a good part of it is pretty good.

Vatallus
Feb 25, 2015, 07:09 PM
You can break his clock asap but it gets covered with a darker fog. To get rid of this fog you need to break both shoulders. The more scary thing is his new attack gimmicks that can wipe a whole party that doesn't have enough damage.

Z-0
Feb 25, 2015, 09:59 PM
Can probably still be killed under a minute by head-shots easily. Instead of zerging the clock, attack upwards to the head while he's stunned for 10 seconds.

Not gonna happen in random MPAs, but he'll still be a cakewalk if you prepare for it.

Rakurai
Feb 25, 2015, 10:13 PM
I wish they could've put as much effort into improving Elder as they did Loser.

The latter is the only boss with significant changes from SH to XH so far.

Macman
Feb 25, 2015, 10:58 PM
Didn't Elder literally not get anything new and was just "bigger numbers edition!"

All he got in SH was an element swap and one new arm double-thrust attack.

Vatallus
Feb 25, 2015, 11:07 PM
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 25, 2015, 11:09 PM
SH Elder had his attack speed was buffed too, particularly for the attack where he sits on the stage. Though the changes in SH were actually featured in VH first, with the powered up version of the EQ featuring those changes. Pretty sure that XH really was just an HP buff for Elder.

Wish Elder got the same treatment Loser did. Have him spawn Falz Arms mid-fight, shield his core with ice, remove the blind spot in front of him for that gigantic forehead laser, anything really. Loser puts Elder to shame.

Scale of Judgment
Feb 25, 2015, 11:38 PM
SH Elder had his attack speed was buffed too, particularly for the attack where he sits on the stage. Though the changes in SH were actually featured in VH first, with the powered up version of the EQ featuring those changes. Pretty sure that XH really was just an HP buff for Elder.

Wish Elder got the same treatment Loser did. Have him spawn Falz Arms mid-fight, shield his core with ice, remove the blind spot in front of him for that gigantic forehead laser, anything really. Loser puts Elder to shame.

Not with his droprates...Elder the stingiest motherf***** that you can ever get in this game...

Meteor Weapon
Feb 25, 2015, 11:42 PM
How to make Elderp awesome.

Fight Elder in his true size and use AIS against him.

Scale of Judgment
Feb 25, 2015, 11:44 PM
How to make Elderp awesome.

Fight Elder in his true size and use AIS against him.

Oh, add his Phantasy Star II ability that forces players to lose control and may hurt other players...

In AIS!

oratank
Feb 26, 2015, 02:05 AM
Fight Elder in his true size ? i afraid ais has no match with this bring me the arks ship.

Lax
Feb 26, 2015, 03:14 PM
Fight Elder in his true size ? i afraid ais has no match with this bring me the arks ship.

What if the Arks ship transforms into a mech?

Xaeris
Feb 26, 2015, 03:30 PM
What if the Arks ship transforms into a mech?

http://i.imgur.com/3zV0FW2.jpg

As for Loser, I got a chance to do XH this past hour. I'm honestly impressed. They could have just given him the Elder treatment (boost his HP) and we probably would have just accepted it, but they put some work into modifying the fight to make the break mechanics relevant. And that double time stop damn near wiped my room; was not expecting that.

yoshiblue
Feb 26, 2015, 03:31 PM
Not sure how many people would be okay with the potential to lose thousands of lives. Team ship would be cool though. If that goes down, you just lose, at best, 100 people. No big deal there.

Maenara
Feb 26, 2015, 05:04 PM
Realistically, there are probably millions of people living in each ARKS Ship.

For some reason, Dark Falz Loser didn't do his double time stop in my MPA. He did every other fancy thing, but not the double stop of time.

Poyonche
Feb 26, 2015, 05:12 PM
And millions of people dying when Elder destroy those

Suirano
Feb 26, 2015, 06:03 PM
The double time stop caught most of my MPA including me by surprise. It just looked so vicious. He feels significantly more aggressive when he is reaching low HP. That one double attack he does now in fast phase caught me off too, especially when it burns the field.

Overall though, this Loser fight is amazing. Loser was already my favorite boss, this just added more to it :D.

I seriously hope that they at least do something like this to Elder.

Lax
Feb 26, 2015, 06:10 PM
And millions of people dying when Elder destroy those

It's fine, they can just clone them

Sora3100
Feb 28, 2015, 06:11 AM
For some reason, Dark Falz Loser didn't do his double time stop in my MPA. He did every other fancy thing, but not the double stop of time.

He only does it if it's the second time he brings out the swords

Neith
Feb 28, 2015, 07:40 AM
I love the changes to XH Luther (particularly the shielding of his clock; having that accessible for the whole fight in other difficulties ruined the boss for me because it became so easy).

I can't stand XH Apos Dorios though. Not sure if it's been bad parties but his 4 pillar AoE nuke seems to be successful a lot more in XH. I was never a big fan of Apos in other difficulties either though so giving him a ton more health just makes him irritating (from experience so far, not done many XH Apos though).

Edit: As Sora3100 said, Luther only does the time freeze twice after he's done the swords attack once. The first time will act exactly the same as SH, only from the 2nd time onwards will he summon more swords.

Poyonche
Feb 28, 2015, 07:44 AM
That one double attack he does now in fast phase caught me off too, especially when it burns the field..

This is why my MPA destroyed his crystals on his helmet.

hoangsea
Feb 28, 2015, 09:57 AM
the changes from SH to XH luther is nice but not enough

we still can easily beat him in 5-7 mins :-?

Maenara
Feb 28, 2015, 10:53 AM
He only does it if it's the second time he brings out the swords

He didn't do it during the second one.

Sora3100
Feb 28, 2015, 01:53 PM
He didn't do it during the second one.

Are you sure you didn't just not see it?

Maenara
Feb 28, 2015, 02:24 PM
Are you sure you didn't just not see it?

Pretty sure. It didn't happen. I was recording the fight and I can upload the video if you really need proof.

KazukiQZ
Feb 28, 2015, 02:54 PM
Happened to me tho. 2nd time he used time freeze (enraged mode), he summon 1st waves of swords, time freeze but I managed to avoid it, then proceed to attack the sword, only to be caught in 2nd time freeze, and a new waves of sword come crashing in.

Hmm, your scenario seems to be some sort of lag. Because my 1st time fighting it, I didn't realize the double time freeze too.

Maenara
Feb 28, 2015, 03:07 PM
There was no lag. There was just no second sword wave whatsoever, period.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 28, 2015, 10:13 PM
Sometimes he does it and sometimes he doesn't....its kinda weird.

Vatallus
Feb 28, 2015, 10:18 PM
Hes done it every time I've fought him so far. Guess I'll say something if it is different in the next one.

Shinamori
Feb 28, 2015, 11:40 PM
If you have a competent mpa, it's really not that much harder than a SH luther.

Dnd
Feb 28, 2015, 11:55 PM
So just had to sit through a ranger using WB on the nagaphoton'd core for 14 minutes... you'd think he would of learnt after afew minutes no-ones attack it and swaped or something? ._.

Also his drops suck

Xaeris
Feb 28, 2015, 11:59 PM
Like pretty much every EQ so far, it'll go smoother once a meta settles in. For this one, it appears to be: Break Gauntlet A -> Break Arm A -> Break Gauntlet B -> Break Arm B -> Break Clock -> Zerg Core

My party just did that and it was over in a little over four minutes. Once the rangers adjust, we should be back to business as usual.

hoangsea
Mar 1, 2015, 12:13 AM
there 's no problem with XH luther unless
1. MA lack of dmg and there 's only 1 ranger
2. No ranger
3. Stupid rangers don't know where to wb and when to use wb
:-?

Meteor Weapon
Mar 1, 2015, 01:36 AM
So is it just me or destroying his arm guard and defogging his clock way too early before the any of the Sword Rain makes his Sword Rain activate instantly with no time to react?

I swear the whole mpa Im in almost completely got wiped out because there was no time to react.

oratank
Mar 1, 2015, 05:09 AM
sh loser is pretty fuck now people zerg on closed Core even i wb on his arm and beat him down whole mpa still zerg on closed Core wtf are they thinking

Macman
Mar 1, 2015, 05:31 AM
Maybe they all had mirage affixed on their weapons and were all having terrible luck proccing it.

Nah they're just dumb, I'm sure.

GoldenFalcon
Mar 1, 2015, 05:42 AM
That's when you're supposed to cast Zanverse on them