PDA

View Full Version : 2/27 Emergency Maint from 10:00 to 15:00 JST

Z-0
Feb 26, 2015, 05:43 AM
Which means 8PM EST (2/26) to 1AM EST (2/27).

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=5452

The emergency maint plans to fix the bug where Apos Dorios doesn't boost Luther's drop rate. Compensation is 3 100% Triboosts, one for the maint itself and 2 to apologise for the bug.

Beckoning Darkness at 10PM EST (2/26) has moved to 8PM EST (2/28), and TD3 at 4AM EST (2/27) has moved to 8AM EST (3/4).

Maenara
Feb 26, 2015, 10:14 AM
And here I was thinking they were just going to ignore it for a whole week.

Dnd
Feb 26, 2015, 10:16 AM
Not with a triple luther later this week, kinda surprised they didnt give out a 250% rdr booster and a single tribooster tho

Gardios
Feb 26, 2015, 11:42 AM
I totally wouldn't have minded if they had replaced Luther with Magatsu and just went on a Luther frenzy next week instead.

Terrence
Feb 26, 2015, 11:53 AM
Then you were mistaken like too many people here thinking SEGA doesn't give a crap about us. They listen to us and they do what's needed. I don't know any other Devs who are as concerned and responsive... And we are even rewarded for this little bug ! Thank you.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 26, 2015, 12:09 PM
They've ignored important bugs with Loser in the past so it isn't like they haven't set a precedence already.

They listen to us and they do what's needed. I don't know any other Devs who are as concerned and responsive

They also muck something up almost every single update. How many developers do you know do that?

Maenara
Feb 26, 2015, 12:23 PM
Then you were mistaken like too many people here thinking SEGA doesn't give a crap about us. They listen to us and they do what's needed. I don't know any other Devs who are as concerned and responsive... And we are even rewarded for this little bug ! Thank you.

They ignored a bug where absolutely anyone could force up to 4 other people to crash for an entire week, so I fail to see why this is any different.

EvilMag
Feb 26, 2015, 12:29 PM
I wonder whats gonna happen next update?

"due to a bug, A.I.S are bugged to only have 1 HP in TD3! We're so sorry!"

Maenara
Feb 26, 2015, 01:01 PM
Sega is getting objectively worse at fixing issues. I remember when Chrome Dragon's EQ first came out. There was a bug that causes any rares Chrome dropped to not have an element. They took the game down right away, fixed the bug in a couple hours, and gave everyone who ran the EQ a 250% rare booster. Now, they've made a bug where XH Loser drops maybe 1/4 of the rares he's supposed to when you kill him, and they take 24 hours just to announce a maintenance to fix it.

Sacrificial
Feb 26, 2015, 01:05 PM

That's funny because TD3 spawns bug-type Darkers.

Gardios
Feb 26, 2015, 01:09 PM
Sega is getting objectively worse at fixing issues. I remember when Chrome Dragon's EQ first came out. There was a bug that causes any rares Chrome dropped to not have an element. They took the game down right away, fixed the bug in a couple hours, and gave everyone who ran the EQ a 250% rare booster. Now, they've made a bug where XH Loser drops maybe 1/4 of the rares he's supposed to when you kill him, and they take 24 hours just to announce a maintenance to fix it.

Eh, I don't really fault them for taking a while to announce downtime. Considering their track record, waiting to see if anything else is broken seems like a wise decision.

Edson Drake
Feb 26, 2015, 01:12 PM
I hope this maintenance also fix the horrible lag that is making the game run like it's on a Pentium II. It was much better before the update, weren't they supposed to get it to run better instead of worse? Seriously.

KazukiQZ
Feb 26, 2015, 01:15 PM
On related note, Ship2 will get DF Loser EQ, 45 minutes after the time of my post.

Kiyumi
Feb 26, 2015, 05:25 PM
Or they could replace Loser EQ with another one so they dont need to do maintenance. I wouldnt mind Valentines coming back.

DeificEpyon
Feb 26, 2015, 08:56 PM

What sucks even more is that this emergency maintenance is going to happen during a scheduled TD 3. Now it's not going to come up. =/

Gardios
Feb 26, 2015, 09:03 PM
What sucks even more is that this emergency maintenance is going to happen during a scheduled TD 3. Now it's not going to come up. =/

Beckoning Darkness at 10PM EST (2/26) has moved to 8PM EST (2/28), and TD3 at 4AM EST (2/27) has moved to 8AM EST (3/4).

It's literally in the first post.

wefwq
Feb 26, 2015, 11:10 PM
Or they could replace Loser EQ with another one so they dont need to do maintenance. I wouldnt mind Valentines coming back.
They don't want to make people even more upset.

DeificEpyon
Feb 26, 2015, 11:13 PM
It's literally in the first post.

And I read it.

I guess I should have been more specific.

I'm saying it won't come up at the original time because of maintenance now.

I probably won't be around at the rescheduled time, so I'm going to miss out regardless.

MidCap
Feb 26, 2015, 11:35 PM
I'm failing to understand why FIVE HOURS are needed to correct ONE BUG when there's a WHOLE TEAM to work on it. This sort of inefficiency would be inexcusable in nearly any other service industry.

otakun
Feb 26, 2015, 11:56 PM
I'm failing to understand why FIVE HOURS are needed to correct ONE BUG when there's a WHOLE TEAM to work on it. This sort of inefficiency would be inexcusable in nearly any other service industry.

If you think that ONE BUG isn't a big deal then you obviously never programmed before. This is taking the consideration that the WHOLE TEAM wouldn't be working on a programming bug. At most 3 or 4 people are working on it, on top of uncompiling, recompiling, downloading and uploading information to a server then to test if it's fixed can take time. It only takes one misplaced character to prevent an entire game from working.

ShinMaruku
Feb 27, 2015, 12:19 AM
They also muck something up almost every single update. How many developers do you know do that?

Ubisoft. Actually many do. :P

emeraude
Feb 27, 2015, 12:22 AM
Sure, the fix might take ten minutes, but testing and pushing the patch/fix to the prod server takes hours. No matter how large your team is, it will take time. People think the 'code looks good, let's go live' school of thought is what teams do but that's not really the case.

red1228
Feb 27, 2015, 12:39 AM
Servers are up

Dnd
Feb 27, 2015, 04:05 PM
so random luther on ship2, anyone care to share their drops for XH? I got 6 10*s and 2 units on counter (~203%) + 350% tickets and drink/triboost/LR3. Loot doesnt seem any different for 10*s unless i got unlucky, kinda disappointed

EvilMag
Feb 27, 2015, 04:08 PM
I've been getting less rare drops from Luther than before.

I'm wondering if we have to do more than 4 Apos fights to max drops for XH? I wouldn't put it past Sega to do that.

Either that or I just got shat on by the RNG on my 3 of my characters. Was using 250% ticket on them.

Vatallus
Feb 27, 2015, 05:37 PM
No, I did 5 XH Apos and 3 Normals and got jack for drops also. 5 cubes, a handle of trash and 4 units.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 27, 2015, 05:39 PM
Ran 6 XH owls and got 6 cubes and 3 units on a 250 + 200 Luther count.

un1t27
Feb 27, 2015, 08:04 PM
Sounds like alot of you expected more from sega?

LMAO

mctastee
Feb 28, 2015, 01:07 AM

You haven't been here for very long have you?

martinmeegan
Feb 28, 2015, 01:47 AM
250% rdr + daily + team + Apos boost = 4 units, 6 10* and lots of junk. Seems the same as SH to me.