PDA

View Full Version : Norton Thinks Story Patch Is A Virus

BraveBoy
Feb 28, 2015, 03:49 PM
Alright, so here's the problem.
I have no idea what the story is in PSO2.
I don't want to skip everything so I just watch it but I still don't know what's going on. I try to install it via PSTweaker but apparently-

Norton thinks it's a virus.:-?
I guess I could read up on it, but I don't really want to while skipping literally every cutscene. I don't know how to delete characters either, so I'm forced to be unable to start over. Heeeelp.:-?

TwistedShaerk
Feb 28, 2015, 03:54 PM
Norton is terrible, on my comp it thought the tweaker itself was a virus.

Anduril
Feb 28, 2015, 04:02 PM
You need to whitelist the Tweaker and its files in Norton. Make sure you put the Tweaker and all its stuff in its own folder so you can just exclude the folder. I believe the option would be "Items to exclude from scans", and "Items to exclude from auto-protect, SONAR, and Download Intelligence Detection." Also, add your PSO2 directory to those exclusions.

SHiFT-Di3S3L
Feb 28, 2015, 04:03 PM
There is a thread dedicated to the tweaker (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248), and the issues you might experience in the future should be asked there.

Yes, AV software has apparently classified files related to the tweaker as unsafe/unknown and they tend to quarantine them. The next step is to try and find a way to add all tweaker and pso2 files to your AV whitelist/ignore list. Aida has submitted some false positive applications to some AV companies, and we hope they respond soon, and also propagate the information.

Sacrificial
Feb 28, 2015, 04:08 PM
SONAR

This is the problem when you want to install the story patch. Just "disable" Norton for 5 min when you want to install it and like said above whitelist the tweaker

yoshiblue
Feb 28, 2015, 04:11 PM
If you choose none of the above,

Open up the sonar report, go to restore and options, restore and exclude from future searches.

Punisher106
Feb 28, 2015, 04:17 PM
How do you fix it?

Uninstall Norton
Download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.

Fix'd.

Kiyumi
Feb 28, 2015, 04:21 PM
Norton thinks EVERYTHING is a virus. And the irony? Nothing is harder to remove from your computer than Norton itself. Its the biggest virus of all. Find a way to get rid of it.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 28, 2015, 04:48 PM
Ya, totally agree on that.

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/gangstavirus2.gif

TaigaUC
Feb 28, 2015, 05:05 PM
Norton thinks EVERYTHING is a virus. And the irony? Nothing is harder to remove from your computer than Norton itself. Its the biggest virus of all. Find a way to get rid of it.

This.