PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Quest discussion

TERAGON1996
Mar 1, 2015, 02:12 AM
So, in my opinion Challenge Quest is more of a Survivor mode gameplay and these kinds of gameplay always needs good cooperation to survive through it

OK, so the first thing everyone should keep in mind is that you start at complete zero, meaning you only have clothing in your inventory. It also means that everything you find on the challenge field should be considered precious and should not use them way without thought (as you used trimate when your HP is only 20% down/3-6 people use moon at the same time). In other words, use the items in your inventory wisely.

There is an interval area, there you can get better items by exchanging with your items you found. Though the better the items, the more item you need to have to exchange. ex: 3 disks for 1 4* disk/6 weapons for 1 8* weapon. So don't go around use up all the disk as you found them. Also you can throw out the items to the person that need the item. ex: Player 4 wants 2 sword to exchange a better sword and Player 1 and 8 each got one and they can throw out to let Player 4 get the item he want.

Ergo, communication is really important here, and it's advicable to not play with JP when you don't understand JP. And everyone should be on Skype or Teamspeak just to have better communication on what each people need. And better yet, plan out the members to avoid having bad rank or fail the quest.

Ah yes, forgot to say this but the enemies in the second area will have a gap of 10+ levels. Also there are some level 70 boss which you can go ahead and try to kill them. So yeah, more reason to be more bonded

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 1, 2015, 02:15 AM
Perhaps there will be a need to actually fill class roles for once. Have designated healers to ensure you don't have people wasting items and tanks to draw the attention of the bigger baddies so they don't slaughter the group.

But who am I kidding, its PSO2. Someone will find a way to break it.

I really hope it'll be good like that. Also hopefully people still play even after they get their 13* weapons.

kuromechan
Mar 1, 2015, 02:21 AM
Perhaps there will be a need to actually fill class roles for once. Have designated healers to ensure you don't have people wasting items and tanks to draw the attention of the bigger baddies so they don't slaughter the group.

But who am I kidding, its PSO2. Someone will find a way to break it.

I really hope it'll be good like that. Also hopefully people still play even after they get their 13* weapons.

I'm gonna be farming for a katana, daggers and a rifle (maybe a bow too if I feel like it)

wefwq
Mar 1, 2015, 02:22 AM
Dropping moon atomizers and ensure everyone has at least one maybe.
Also know what to do and fill the roles along the quests... this going to be tedious for dem *13 weapons.

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 1, 2015, 02:23 AM
I'm gonna be farming for a katana, daggers and a rifle (maybe a bow too if I feel like it)

I have enough characters that I can use every weapon type... so I'm gonna be there for a while.

Will probably focus on katana, gunslash, bow, rifle, and mechguns though.

Dropping moon atomizers and ensure everyone has at least one maybe.
Also know what to do and fill the roles along the quests... this going to be tedious for dem *13 weapons.

I'll take this over the even more tedious Anga farming anyday.

TERAGON1996
Mar 1, 2015, 02:25 AM
Umm, as far as i see the broadcast, they don't seem to be getting any healing techs. Also on the side note, you need to exchange stuff just for Class Skill as well so if a person inside the mpa got a Trap Search, those things should make the run more smoothly.

Totori
Mar 1, 2015, 02:27 AM
Hehe, with the lovely random drops, I think I'm finding good love with PSO2 again~ Just hope, they have decent designs for the 13* Wand, and Rod.

wefwq
Mar 1, 2015, 02:29 AM
Umm, as far as i see the broadcast, they don't seem to be getting any healing techs. Also on the side note, you need to exchange stuff just for Class Skill as well so if a person inside the mpa got a Trap Search, those things should make the run more smoothly.
I guess resta/anti disc drop are disabled, since he entire quest theme being survival -- making it drop from enemy will defeat the purpose of the quest itself.
The closest thing you can use as AoE healing is star atomizer.

TERAGON1996
Mar 1, 2015, 02:30 AM
Oh yeah, as far as I can see the more common drops are: Rods->Swords->Rifle->Wands->TMG->Jet Boots.
Not seeing any weapon other than these

kuromechan
Mar 1, 2015, 02:32 AM
Oh yeah, as far as I can see the more common drops are: Rods->Swords->Rifle->Wands->TMG->Jet Boots.

they're not drops you can get them through the stone shop I believe

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 1, 2015, 02:33 AM

I guess Bravers and Fighters aren't invited. But yeah, some of this stuff is in the shop. Maybe those other ones are there?

TERAGON1996
Mar 1, 2015, 02:34 AM
Ah, Knuckles and Twin Dagger, forgot those

TERAGON1996
Mar 1, 2015, 02:36 AM
they're not drops you can get them through the stone shop I believe

Eh, cause the whole mission only got 1 interval area, so I base it on the drops from enemies thoughout the quest. 5 Area and 1 Interval Area btw

wefwq
Mar 1, 2015, 02:46 AM
Since this quest essentially force your level goes back to 1, i'm curious if there's any level requirements to participate for the sake to keep newbs who barely know the game off the lawn.

TERAGON1996
Mar 1, 2015, 02:55 AM
Well, the way you need to go into Challenge Lobby is just change the lobby. Also, the moment you go into Challenge lobby, your level immediately dropped to 1. So anyperson can participitate the moment you get into the lobby

Rakurai
Mar 1, 2015, 02:55 AM
The timer doesn't look like it's as nearly as big of an issue as I was thinking it would be.

Soloing the quest actually seems like it could be doable, though you'd be much lower on resources then a 12 player group would.

Poyonche
Mar 1, 2015, 03:06 AM
How to survive in Challenge Mode :

-get Jetboots
-get Gran Wave

Enjoy !

And don't worry, people will have to do Challenge for a long time if they want to 60 ele their weapons.

Rehal
Mar 1, 2015, 03:07 AM
I don't want to solo bunch of wonda + cyclop + kartagot + 1x gunship with insert_random_lv1_PAorTech using random_1star_weapon without any skill (´・ω・`)

TERAGON1996
Mar 1, 2015, 03:12 AM
Like hell you can solo it, I mean the level gap are huge, as in 10-70 level huge, good luck surviving through it as they come in swarm, not in small groups more and more later in the area

Rakurai
Mar 1, 2015, 03:17 AM
Gear is more important then levels in the long run. Which unfortunately means the time attack rankings are going to be just as RNG based as in the original PSO, since you have to hope for good weapon drops early on.

Also, everything I've seen people claim was impossible to solo eventually did end up getting solo'd, so I'd be surprised if challenge quests were any exception. I think the only thing that's legitimately impossible to solo right now is XH Magatsu or Loser, because they just have way too much HP.

Macman
Mar 1, 2015, 03:54 AM
Inb4 challenge lobby mass-NOLs people.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 1, 2015, 04:03 AM
And don't worry, people will have to do Challenge for a long time if they want to 60 ele their weapons.

Sega said somewhere that an Ideal weapon could be acquired by a skilled player within a single day of playing. Give 60 element a week, tops.

Like hell you can solo it, I mean the level gap are huge, as in 10-70 level huge, good luck surviving through it as they come in swarm, not in small groups more and more later in the area

The only enemy that was actually at a significantly higher level was the titled infected level 70 Burn Draal, who wasn't supposed to be defeated. Everything else was around 10-15 levels at best, which isn't a big deal when the levels are so low. We've had enemies with 10 level advantages very frequently in the past, it's very manageable. Quite frankly, I don't see anything very difficult to solo about Challenge Quests from what we've seen so far, but there's no productive reason to solo it anyway.

Poyonche
Mar 1, 2015, 04:46 AM
The Burn Draal was supposed to kill the Baize I guess, like tag it and bring it to the Baize, or if Baize has to blow up, maybe it can kill the Burn Draal.

Edit : Okay i was wrong. :c

Maenara
Mar 1, 2015, 04:49 AM
The Burn Draal was supposed to be an obstacle, I.E., you had to avoid its attacks while you killed the Baize.

Poyonche
Mar 1, 2015, 04:58 AM
Sega said somewhere that an Ideal weapon could be acquired by a skilled player within a single day of playing. Give 60 element a week, tops.

by a skilled player within a single day of playing

by a skilled player

skilled player

skilled

So maybe 1 month for common players ?

(joking)

Selphea
Mar 1, 2015, 05:02 AM
I'm more interested in the definition of "a day of playing".

Rakurai
Mar 1, 2015, 05:16 AM
So...is there no limitation on how many times you can run a challenge quest daily?

Considering the amount of miles you get both within and from finishing a mission (It was 100 miles for the first, and 1K for the last, as far as I could remember), the "In a day of playing" statement seems realistic.

Macman
Mar 1, 2015, 05:30 AM
I'm more interested in the definition of "a day of playing".

Get your bedpans.

Poyonche
Mar 1, 2015, 05:30 AM
Well, It's still 180 runs.

wefwq
Mar 1, 2015, 05:41 AM
Good luck finding 11 more person that can care enough to do 180 runs.

oratank
Mar 1, 2015, 05:49 AM
still somebody have killed 200-300 angra and didn't get anything. :T

Rakurai
Mar 1, 2015, 06:48 AM
It's 180 runs not counting the numerous mile crystals that are obtained in the course of the quest, as well as the bonus ones that are rewarded under certain conditions at the end of the mission.

It looks like a group of 12 players could blaze through the quests pretty quickly once they memorize the layouts and such.

Digital Pain
Mar 1, 2015, 07:10 AM
Inb4 challenge lobby mass-NOLs people.

Oh Gawd no! It would be funny if the reverse effect happened! Like a bug where sometimes when entering challenge mode lobby your level doesn't drop to 1... so level 75 just wrecking the place.

Rien
Mar 1, 2015, 08:45 AM
It's 180 runs not counting the numerous mile crystals that are obtained in the course of the quest, as well as the bonus ones that are rewarded under certain conditions at the end of the mission.

It looks like a group of 12 players could blaze through the quests pretty quickly once they memorize the layouts and such.

You get an extra 1k miles upon finishing mission 5.

So half that.

Vatallus
Mar 1, 2015, 04:35 PM
You know the least thing I look forward too from this? Shared Ship Blocks for CM.

Poyonche
Mar 1, 2015, 04:42 PM
I hope Challenge Quest block has a very good capacity, otherwise, you can dream to access C-Mode day one

Alisha
Mar 1, 2015, 04:47 PM
from the responses in this thread it's clear most of you never played an ealier pso with challenge mode.

did psu have challenge mode or was that just PSPo2/i?

look in previous challenge modes even if you could solo it you have to beat a certain time threshold to get a reward. also previous challenge modes had puzzles that require at least 2-3 players. also if anyone dies without a scape = fail

Vatallus
Mar 1, 2015, 04:51 PM
Pretty sure even PSO1 had challenge mode. I don't exactly remember how it worked after 15 years though.

Poyonche
Mar 1, 2015, 05:01 PM
You had a time limit depending on the area, and your level was also depending on the area ( lvl 1 Forest, lvl 5 Caves 1 )

Rakurai
Mar 1, 2015, 05:08 PM
look in previous challenge modes even if you could solo it you have to beat a certain time threshold to get a reward. also previous challenge modes had puzzles that require at least 2-3 players. also if anyone dies without a scape = fail

From what I can gather, the only thing your clear time affects in PSO2's challenge mode is how much bonus challenge miles you get at the end. You're guaranteed some amount of miles simply from clearing a mission along with the ones you pick up during the mission.

The puzzles were all soloable, and you can actually just come back to the quest after getting KO'd as long as you have time. Overall, it looks to be more a casual friendly experience.

Macman
Mar 1, 2015, 06:10 PM

It's only 13500 crimson fragments, not counting the "numerous" times you find a rare floor and get 0~2 crimson ores, as well as the 3 ores you get at floor 50.

- Extreme Training: Glacial Machinery's release

LonelyGaruga
Mar 1, 2015, 09:25 PM
Not even comparable.

XQs were 40 stages for 3 ores. Assuming those were the only stones you got in the run, it took 50 full runs to get an XQ weapon at 30 element. It took 8 days to get enough passes to do a full run, which means 400 days, which is over a year. Of course, the stones on every floor cut this down considerably, the increased floor counts led to XQs becoming increasingly more profitable, and more ways to acquire XQ passes exist now. But at release, you got more stones just running XQs than you did completing the floors, that's how bad the rates were.

CQs are a minimum of 1,750 points per run. Ideal weapons require, at most, 103 runs to attain that much, not counting the extra points that can be acquired within the quest. There is no limit to how many runs you can do in a single day, and you don't need items to be traded in to run a CQ. While XQ 11*s are 30 element and cap at 50, requiring 100 runs, and Ideal weapons are 20 element with a 60 cap, requiring 309 runs, the lack of any form of limit to the number of times they can be run makes them far easier to acquire.

wefwq
Mar 1, 2015, 09:48 PM
Fuck, i still do hope that they make few title reward that gave us some sort of pass that can be used to get MP.

Exiled_Gundam
Mar 2, 2015, 03:18 AM
No skill tree applied as well?

Macman
Mar 2, 2015, 04:06 AM
the lack of any form of limit to the number of times they can be run makes them far easier to acquire.
Oh that's a lot better than. I figured they ran on typical mobile game logic where your VR energy had to slowly recharge over time in order for you to run the quest again.

Face it, it's a totally plausible outcome knowing Sega.

Z-0
Mar 2, 2015, 04:10 AM
They've already said that VR Energy is just your time limit inside the quest, which increases and decreases depending on some other factors.

Macman
Mar 2, 2015, 04:13 AM
Oh. Fair enough. Awfully generous of Sega this time around given the fact that they're giving out gear that's just a bit under Ares gear. 12* is going to be irrelevant before it even gets a chance to really hit the playerbase.

It's going to be weird when Sega announces 12* trading and nobody will care because the cmode weapons are far better and much less of a headache to grind.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 2, 2015, 04:36 AM
I for one look forward to this C-mode but unless you get a full mpa of English speaking players that also know what to do (read non b11 and non b20 players) its gonna suck big time I'm afraid. Time to revive our team and get team runs going, hopefully.

Multiple Moon usage cause ZOMGMUSTGET20FUN is gonna ruin this too. I hope you can obtain at least a half doll somewhere in this form of C-mode. You can also count on macro octadash kiddies stealing all the drops and not sharing. Makes me hope they disable step attack or whatever is needed to do that.

Rehal
Mar 2, 2015, 04:41 AM
So you want sega to remove dodge and jump? :(

Ce'Nedra
Mar 2, 2015, 05:05 AM
All I want is that some octadash script tryhard kiddie not stealing all the loot and being egoistic and use them for his own purpose while the rest of the MPA gets shafted.

Still wish C-mode was 4 man ;~;

Macman
Mar 2, 2015, 06:36 AM
Wait when was it said that drops in challenge quests were not instanced to players? I only heard that you can share your findings with others.

Raujinn
Mar 2, 2015, 06:49 AM
Yeah this may motivate me to seek an active team for once...

Poyonche
Mar 2, 2015, 06:53 AM
You can share your findings with others.

Exactly, but you still have your OWN drops, except those Miles and VR crystals.

I hope you can obtain at least a half doll somewhere in this form of C-mode.

You can get a scape droll a interval area, I forgot what you trade to get those though.

Rakurai
Mar 2, 2015, 06:59 AM
I think this will be the first time I play with a proper party.

Organization doesn't look like it's too much of an issue unless you want to optimize the speed of your runs. Main thing that matters is that people don't die.

Raujinn
Mar 2, 2015, 07:07 AM
Yeah I mean I guess I just don't know at this point how hard it will be in a non-communicating party once everyone has a feel for the quests. It might not be as bad as I'm anticipating. Otherwise gonna maybe message people in-game and/or comb the player meetup forum.

Alisha
Mar 2, 2015, 08:14 AM
looks like they managed to take of of the best modes from previous games and ruin it by f2p'izing it. i imagine a class like techer sucking in this mode

Rehal
Mar 2, 2015, 08:17 AM
looks like they managed to take of of the best modes from previous games and ruin it by f2p'izing it. i imagine a class like techer sucking in this mode

I don't even know why you think theres such a thing like "class" or "techer" in C-Mode where everyone starts with no equipment, no skill, no PA/Technic and no mag.

PokeminMaster
Mar 2, 2015, 09:02 AM
I don't even know why you think theres such a thing like "class" or "techer" in C-Mode where everyone starts with no equipment, no skill, no PA/Technic and no mag.
and don't forget to specify that the special class you get can use anything and everything lol

Qualia
Mar 2, 2015, 09:49 AM
looks like they managed to take of of the best modes from previous games and ruin it by f2p'izing it.

Lol what is this even supposed to mean?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 2, 2015, 01:37 PM
Lol what is this even supposed to mean?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 04:14 PM
I think its a common belief that everything bad or casual oriented about f2p games is because they're f2p, even if the content has nothing to do with the cash shop.

That or Alisha has no idea how C-mode works.

Qualia
Mar 2, 2015, 06:01 PM
I think its a common belief that everything bad or casual oriented about f2p games is because they're f2p, even if the content has nothing to do with the cash shop.

That's such an awful mentality, honestly.

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 06:23 PM
That's such an awful mentality, honestly.I agree. I was just clarifying why Alisha might say that.

I think it's mostly the later though, since your class doesn't matter in challenge quests anyway.

Alisha
Mar 2, 2015, 09:53 PM
i was referring to the grind part of it. f2p games need to keep you playing in the hopes you will buy cash items. b2p and p2p games much less so they just need to invigorate your interest when they release new stuff.

Rakurai
Mar 2, 2015, 09:55 PM
I don't particularly care if challenge mode isn't horribly difficult.

Being forced to try out different weapon types and adapt to whatever items/PAs the RNG decides to throw at you seems interesting.

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 10:04 PM
i was referring to the grind part of it. f2p games need to keep you playing in the hopes you will buy cash items. b2p and p2p games much less so they just need to invigorate your interest when they release new stuff.I'm gonna be honest here. That has nothing to do with being F2P, and everything to do with underhanded business tactics. I could make the same argument about P2P games trying to force you to play longer so you spend more on subscriptions. I've met people who's only reason for not quitting WoW was "Well I already payed this much, too late to stop now."
There are definitely better ways (for the consumer at least) for F2P and P2P to be managed than is standard.

If anything F2P games have the advantage of not FORCING you to pay at a consistent rate, making them more accessible for people who don't really want to pay for a whole month and only play for a week. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them making money via micro transactions. It only becomes a problem when they have to trick, strong arm, or frustrate you into paying instead of providing services and toys that make you go "You know what? I want that, I think it would be cool/fun/convenient to have".

So yes, things could be better, but it has nothing directly to do with being F2P or not.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 3, 2015, 01:56 AM
I was kinda hoping that as an addon, we'd be able to set techs to any weapon for the challenger class. It'd be kinda cool, even if the weapons don't give you any bonuses.

TaigaUC
Mar 3, 2015, 02:47 PM
Honestly, SEGA seems so terrible at game design that I doubt PSO2 would be any better if it wasn't f2p.

Zorafim
Mar 3, 2015, 03:46 PM
Challenge mode, eh? This was the most fun part of PSP2, and I honestly think equipment has killed the fun of this game. Maybe this mode will finally be the fun content I've been looking for.

Alisha
Mar 3, 2015, 05:01 PM
Honestly, SEGA seems so terrible at game design that I doubt PSO2 would be any better if it wasn't f2p.

well infinity was great but yeah that was designed by alfa system as was PS zero. wouldnt be surprised if nova is good as well.

Macman
Mar 3, 2015, 11:02 PM
So who's going to be awesome and color their Ideal weapon the same beige color that PSO1's S-Rank weapons had?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-SRANK_TWIN-ACTION-1.jpg

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 11:59 PM
So who's going to be awesome and color their Ideal weapon the same beige color that PSO1's S-Rank weapons had?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-SRANK_TWIN-ACTION-1.jpg

I'd rather think of it as SUNLIGHT YELLOW, OVERDRIVE!

TaigaUC
Mar 4, 2015, 12:09 AM
I can see myself getting tired of Challenge mode real quick.

Challenge mode first try:
No gear, level 1. Spend a few hours fighting the same old shit from three years ago, get some miles. Challenge over.

Challenge mode second try:
No gear, level 1. Spend a few hours fighting the same old shit from three years ago, get some miles. Challenge over.

Challenge mode third try:

Etcetra.

Macman
Mar 4, 2015, 12:16 AM
I'd rather think of it as SUNLIGHT YELLOW, OVERDRIVE!
Better example of the color:
Definitely beige.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-SRANK_RIFLE-ACTION-1.jpg

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 4, 2015, 12:19 AM
I just want more quests in the darkness like that hazard in the challenge mode playthough.

I want to fight predichadas in that darkness.

I want that gunship to shoot at me in that darkness.

I want a reason to find cover.

I want that feeling of an actual threat when I'm out doing DOs again.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://funnymama.com/store/140111/255374_v0_600x.gif
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/279/3/8/mm_stands_for_masochist_by_faiga-d308hoa.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]