PDA

View Full Version : PvP Possibility now?

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 1, 2015, 10:55 PM
Now that challenge mode is on teh way, and it has it's own seperate server for it, do you think this opens up a possibility for pvp sometime in the future?

I know this question has been asked many times, but what do you guys think it would be like?

I know in many games pvp is equalized, teh only difference is your SP.

It would be awesome to see combat that's reliant on SA break timing/air juggle comboing.

Here is what i would input into pvp to make it balanced:
1) Stats are equalized, ut varied depending on class combo and race, which means gear doesn't matter
2) PP is similarly equalized but can be changed by gear, however it is capped at 125 (this is the only thing gear can affect)
3) Aerial Evasion will be inputted into the game, which means it prevents someone to air combo you forever after he knocked you into the air with, for use as an example, Tsukimi Sanzaka. Aerial evasion will cost 40pp if you use it, so use it wisely.
4) damage is equalized
5) stance percentages are nerfed, 50% of what it used to be.

The Walrus
Mar 1, 2015, 10:56 PM
Bad. It would be bad.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 1, 2015, 10:59 PM
Bad. It would be bad.

that's what most people think

If you've played dragon nest, the combat is pretty similar to pso2, except a level deeper in detail with SA break values, knockdowns, guards, and counters.

At first when you play pve in a game, you'd think the pvp would be impossible, but damn, did nexon do something right,

Nowadays, no one plays pve in dragon nest anymore, because the pvp is just so damn good it feels like smash bros. 3d with customizable skill sets/classes.

I'm just tired of grinding in this game, nothing takes skill to me anymore after playing other games that are a lot more difficult LOL.

Sizustar
Mar 1, 2015, 11:00 PM
Not very likely, as they've stated before, the Japanese player aren't interested in that type of system, if SEA or TW wanted it, they can make it work for them, and maybe port it back, but it's not a priority or something they are planning for the Japanese version.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 1, 2015, 11:01 PM
Most of the pvp games I've played...weren't Japanese...

strikerhunter
Mar 1, 2015, 11:02 PM
Possible implant? Yes.

Will it be imbalance? Probably.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 1, 2015, 11:03 PM
Not very likely, as they've stated before, the Japanese player aren't interested in that type of system, if SEA or TW wanted it, they can make it work for them, and maybe port it back, but it's not a priority or something they are planning for the Japanese version.

is it just more, or have you just noticed that jpn people are just very uncompetitive?

Doesn't anyone just wanna try comboing someone to death, knocking him down, air juggling and shaming him for being a noob >:-D

AzurEnd
Mar 1, 2015, 11:04 PM
Only way this could work out is if the Ship had different calculations and balancing for every skill and gear in the entire game.

Last thing a mode like that needs is a bunch of Bravers running around in Katana Combat I-frames one shotting people.

But I guess it could work if they tried hard enough.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 1, 2015, 11:06 PM
Possible implant? Yes.

Will it be imbalance? Probably.

I've seen in many mmorpg's pvp combat system is tweaked a whole lot and mechanics are different.

The only thing i'm worried about is that there is no aerial evasion in this game, You can't escape in midair, which means someone can combo you forever in the air after the knock you up with... for example tsukimi sazanka (katana PA) and then he can just combo you forever with normal attack in air.

If they added a Aerial escape mechanic that uses PP, it can act as a cooldown for ae's that has to be timed properly to not waste pp. And i think in pvp, pp should be capped/equalized as well.

health would be multiplied 10 fold, and damage would be equalized so that matches would be more interesting, involving comboing instead of a hit and run tactic.

Sizustar
Mar 1, 2015, 11:12 PM
is it just more, or have you just noticed that jpn people are just very uncompetitive?

Doesn't anyone just wanna try comboing someone to death, knocking him down, air juggling and shaming him for being a noob >:-D

It's not the target audience for PSO2.
And if they do a PVP sytem, it'll most likely be with AIS, since then everyone would have the same stat/move.

But then what difference would it make from Border Break<Another Sega Arcade game that focus on Mech>

Japanese do do PVP, but there are game dedicated for that, such as Cosmic Break, Paperman, that PSO2 has no reason to do it.

AlphaBlob
Mar 1, 2015, 11:15 PM
While I do wish they were some sort of PVP, where there is competition, there's drama. I'm afraid unless the classes are re-balanced for PVP, it's wont happen. It's pretty obvious that the people who will win are the ones with weak bullet.

strikerhunter
Mar 1, 2015, 11:16 PM
I've seen in many mmorpg's pvp combat system is tweaked a whole lot and mechanics are different.

The only thing i'm worried about is that there is no aerial evasion in this game, You can't escape in midair, which means someone can combo you forever in the air after the knock you up with... for example tsukimi sazanka (katana PA) and then he can just combo you forever with normal attack in air.

If they added a Aerial escape mechanic that uses PP, it can act as a cooldown for ae's that has to be timed properly to not waste pp. And i think in pvp, pp should be capped/equalized as well.

health would be multiplied 10 fold, and damage would be equalized so that matches would be more interesting, involving comboing instead of a hit and run tactic.

What I meant bout imbalance is towards how they will implant it if they do.

-If PvP keeps our class and gear, skills, etc. then no doubt it'll be imbalance.
-If it gets implanted like C Mode then issue would be on balancing how to get the gears.
-You can say they can implant PvP like in PSU but even then that was very imbalance.

Even if they add in a aerial escape, it having a CD will still make it a bit moot if you can't capitalize during that CD. Honestly just giving a player invisibility frames after a hit or 2 or 3 until they get up would just be as good.

Alisha
Mar 1, 2015, 11:23 PM
While I do wish they were some sort of PVP, where there is competition, there's drama. I'm afraid unless the classes are re-balanced for PVP, it's wont happen. It's pretty obvious that the people who will win are the ones with weak bullet.

you cant balance anything right now without nerfing crafted weapons. right now pso 2 is like yugioh(abusing archetypes to summon overpowered staple's) in this case the archetype being abused is Fi and the staples are whatever weapon you want to use. for pvp to even have a chance of being good i think it would basically need to be like a 3d version of leauge and you use a hero instead of your own character

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 1, 2015, 11:25 PM
What I meant bout imbalance is towards how they will implant it if they do.

-If PvP keeps our class and gear, skills, etc. then no doubt it'll be imbalance.
-If it gets implanted like C Mode then issue would be on balancing how to get the gears.
-You can say they can implant PvP like in PSU but even then that was very imbalance.

Even if they add in a aerial escape, it having a CD will still make it a bit moot if you can't capitalize during that CD. Honestly just giving a player invisibility frames after a hit or 2 or 3 until they get up would just be as good.

But the thing is that Aerial evasions need to be timed and evaded in the right direction, meaning, you can jump out of your enemies attacks with a .3 second iframe, but you must jettison in the right direction so he doesn't recatch you into his combo again. It's not just a free I frame like you stated.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 1, 2015, 11:38 PM

Say that to the fighting game communities they have. Most of the best fighting game players are Japanese. The main exception I can think of is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and that's more to the lack of popularity in Japan compared to America.

Also, I sincerely doubt that Dragon Nest has PvP anywhere close to the level of competitive Smash Bros. Melee's competitive scene is still evolving and it was released over a decade ago.

silo1991
Mar 1, 2015, 11:41 PM
the only way PVP could work is making a inovated version of PSO ep3 card revolution :P

yoshiblue
Mar 1, 2015, 11:41 PM
Would be better if they brought out pvp exclusive classes; let's say Fortehunter, Forteranger and Forteforce; with their own set of premade PAs. Maybe give forces exclusive use of dam techniques.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 1, 2015, 11:42 PM
Say that to the fighting game communities they have. Most of the best fighting game players are Japanese. The main exception I can think of is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and that's more to the lack of popularity in Japan compared to America.

Also, I sincerely doubt that Dragon Nest has PvP anywhere close to the level of competitive Smash Bros. Melee's competitive scene is still evolving and it was released over a decade ago.

wo wo wo, slow down cowboy, no need to push your weeb on me so fast.
And if you really want to know how detailed dragon nest pvp is compared to Smash bros. try it before you say anything. And when i say try, I mean get to level 50+, then enter pvp, you'll be in for quite a surprise. it is best described as an dungeon based mmorpg that concentrates on combat and nothing else. I'd dare say it is the one mmorpg that has the most detailed combat system ever.

I hate to quote other people on youtube, but if you ever watch freeMMoStation, MMoHut, MMObomb, they play a shitton of different mmorpg's out there, including ones not released in NA, and they all agree upon the fact that Dragon nest has the #1 combat system in an mmorpg.

If you've ever played vindictus, it has that feel but more aoe, and SA break timing, and skill cooldowns.

I just feel like PSO2 has the potential to really get out there and bring an awesome pvp combat system that's unique and fun, imagine the weapon switch combos that can be made.

Nazuna
Mar 1, 2015, 11:51 PM
No >_>

LonelyGaruga
Mar 1, 2015, 11:56 PM
wo wo wo, slow down cowboy, no need to push your weeb on me so fast.
And if you really want to know how detailed dragon nest pvp is compared to Smash bros. try it before you say anything. And when i say try, I mean get to level 50+, then enter pvp, you'll be in for quite a surprise. it is best described as an dungeon based mmorpg that concentrates on combat and nothing else. I'd dare say it is the one mmorpg that has the most detailed combat system ever.

I hate to quote other people on youtube, but if you ever watch freeMMoStation, MMoHut, MMObomb, they play a shitton of different mmorpg's out there, including ones not released in NA, and they all agree upon the fact that Dragon nest has the #1 combat system in an mmorpg.

Going off your reply, I take it you don't follow competitive fighting game scenes at all and lack both understanding and respect of Japanese culture. Splendid. I'll keep in mind to disregard any opinions you give of fighting games then, since you clearly have little to no experience with them.

Unless someone more reputable states that those websites are accurate, I don't really have anything to say. Never mind that #1 MMORPG in terms of combat doesn't mean that it's close to comparing with a proper fighting game's PvP, the last time you cited something in reply to me (the Fate/Zero review), it was full of ignorant, uneducated bullshit. Don't see any reason to expect anything else out of other reviews you bring up.

Rehal
Mar 2, 2015, 12:01 AM
If you've ever played vindictus, it has that feel but more aoe, and SA break timing, and skill cooldowns.

I just feel like PSO2 has the potential to really get out there and bring an awesome pvp combat system that's unique and fun, imagine the weapon switch combos that can be made.

Have you played pvp in vindictus with 1 red bar of ping? . _.

Xaelouse
Mar 2, 2015, 12:08 AM
The fighting game community in Japan is actually very small, and the arcade scene is slowly falling apart, although it didn't prevent Daigo from reaching celebrity status

Maenara
Mar 2, 2015, 12:11 AM
I would prefer indirect PvP. How about an 8 player quest that's 4 vs 4. Each party in a separate arena with enemies constantly spawning, revives disabled. Killing enemies gives that party points which they can spend to drag the other party down, like summoning a boss, Gel Wulffs, Ignix, infected campship, applying debuffs/status effects, etc., all to the other party/party's arena. Last party standing, or the first party to reach a given amount of points wins.

Natsu Nem
Mar 2, 2015, 12:12 AM
No No No NO NO

PvP in PSO2 will never work unless they restructure completely the game from the ground up. It will be horrific because of class imbalance, clientsided combat, ping, etc.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2015, 12:25 AM
Going off your reply, I take it you don't follow competitive fighting game scenes at all and lack both understanding and respect of Japanese culture. Splendid. I'll keep in mind to disregard any opinions you give of fighting games then, since you clearly have little to no experience with them.

Unless someone more reputable states that those websites are accurate, I don't really have anything to say. Never mind that #1 MMORPG in terms of combat doesn't mean that it's close to comparing with a proper fighting game's PvP, the last time you cited something in reply to me (the Fate/Zero review), it was full of ignorant, uneducated bullshit. Don't see any reason to expect anything else out of other reviews you bring up.

whatever you say buddy.

The fighting game community in Japan is actually very small, and the arcade scene is slowly falling apart, although it didn't prevent Daigo from reaching celebrity status

Wow, I'm sure as hell not surprised, but i think that lonely weab might vigorously disagree with that.

I mean, as much as i hate moba's they're the symbol of competitive gaming, especially league of legends, and guess which one country that's famous for gaming but ironically doesn't even have a champ team for league? Japan. The end.

Personally, i just take satisfication from owning someone and being extremely toxic about it, t-bagging their dead body is just about the best part of beating someone in a fighting game. It's even more angering to your opponent if it is done in an mmorpg, cuz yea, it's their character, they love their character, and you just humped their dead body so hard it broke their character model. That's just savage.

Rehal
Mar 2, 2015, 12:35 AM
Personally, i just take satisfication from owning someone and being extremely toxic about it, t-bagging their dead body is just about the best part of beating someone in a fighting game. It's even more angering to your opponent if it is done in an mmorpg, cuz yea, it's their character, they love their character, and you just humped their dead body so hard it broke their character model. That's just savage.

That sounds pretty sad actually :ducky:

Natsu Nem
Mar 2, 2015, 12:40 AM

I second this.

LordKaiser
Mar 2, 2015, 12:41 AM
The closest thing to what opening wants would be a PVP class that will be permanently locked at Lv.1 similar to that Challenger class but locked on level 1 and a set of weapons that can be the only thing used on PVP. The equipment will have 0 affixes to it.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2015, 12:43 AM

LOLOL hahahaha, it is sad, i mean imagine t-bagging a loli class' dead body. That's just pedo level right there. But if he's playing as a loli, he deserved it in the first place ;)

But back on topic, I still believe that this CM implimentation can work in teh same way for pvp implementation, everyone starts from zero, just like in challenge mode. Different stats, mechanics, etc.

Sizustar
Mar 2, 2015, 12:44 AM
LOLOL hahahaha, it is sad, i mean imagine t-bagging a loli class' dead body. That's just pedo level right there. But if he's playing as a loli, he deserved it in the first place ;)

But back on topic, I still believe that this CM implimentation can work in teh same way for pvp implementation, everyone starts from zero, just like in challenge mode. Different stats, mechanics, etc.

Not likely, if it takes them 1 year to figure out how to increase storage, it's not likely they'll take the time to do any new system change.

The easiest way is just to do AIS PvP like Border Break.

Rehal
Mar 2, 2015, 12:46 AM
Nah they probably meant it takes them 1 year to upgrade server so extra storage wouldn't cause too much stress for the server. (´・ω・`)

LonelyGaruga
Mar 2, 2015, 12:58 AM

Uh...arcades are still going pretty strong there. As far as I'm aware, every fighting game that makes it to EVO besides UMvC3 was in an arcade in Japan first. Street Fighter, Tekken, BlazBlue and Guilty Gear, etc. From what I understand, Japanese prefer arcades because they feel players play better when money is on the line. Though I doubt it'll hit EVO, Square-Enix just announced a new installment for the Dissidia: Final Fantasy sub-franchise as what will be, as far as I'm aware, their very first arcade game. Can't say Japan's scene isn't small though, because Japan as a whole is small. Everything they have would be smaller than what we have, simply because America has several times the population.

I'd also like to point out that a lot of EVO finalists are Japanese or otherwise from Asia. Daigo is just the most legendary fighting game player.

Wow, I'm sure as hell not surprised, but i think that lonely weab might vigorously disagree with that.

I mean, as much as i hate moba's they're the symbol of competitive gaming, especially league of legends, and guess which one country that's famous for gaming but ironically doesn't even have a champ team for league? Japan. The end.

OK, first off, you're calling someone a weaboo on a forum for a Japanese video game. To be expected from someone of your intellect, but please try harder.

League of Legends is an American produced game. It's like expecting there to be a shitton of Japanese World of Warcraft players, or for Bioware/Blizzard games to be immensely popular in Japan. It only makes sense that products in America are less popular outside of America, especially for a game like League of Legends. Also, mobas aren't the symbol of competitive gaming, fighting games are. The existence of EVO is the only argument that needs to be used. How many worldwide moba tournaments are held yearly for multiple different mobas every year? Zero. Which is less than what fighting games have.

Personally, I think you're a toxic and immature idiot based on all of the posts you've made prior to this one. Saying that you enjoy doing pointlessly petty, immature, and provocative actions just for the sake of getting on someone's nerves is all that has to be said on that. You have no sense of proper conduct or respect for the people you play with by doing that. You insult them, make yourself look like a jackass (which is unfortunately accurate), and it's all for lulz. It's pathetic.

When a person plays a game competitively, they do it for the sake of improvement. Every person that they play is someone that helps them improve as a player. Every person they play teaches them about the game, even if only a little bit. Even the worst players. And, when you play with other people, you are teaching them, too. Healthy competitive players identify that competition is not destructive in nature, but in fact constructive, and builds respect and understanding of others, through both playing and talking about the game. The mutual interest helps build lasting friendships and bonds, and even if you end up meeting a person you don't like, for the sake of improvement and fondness of the game, you should put that aside and treat the person like you would any other player, with the respect they deserve. That is what competitive gaming is about.

None of that describes what you do. You are not a competitive player. You're just a punk kid getting cheap laughs.

Gardios
Mar 2, 2015, 01:31 AM
Client-side movement and hitbox detection alone make PvP an absolutely terrible idea. Class balance (or rather, lack thereof) and mechanics make it even worse.

Not likely, if it takes them 1 year to figure out how to increase storage, it's not likely they'll take the time to do any new system change.

SEGA should just port BB to consoles already and localize it. (´・ω・`)

Edson Drake
Mar 2, 2015, 02:16 AM

And this is one of the reasons exactly why I don't want PvP in this game. Bad sports are the bane of competition. Be considerate to your friends.

schnee4
Mar 2, 2015, 02:20 AM
pso pvp
hahhhaha
please go played dota or LOL

Skize
Mar 2, 2015, 02:25 AM
PSO2 PvP would never work. There's just too many changes you would have to do in order for it to work. Not only that it'll have to be it's own separate thing, like an arena or something.

Also, to the people talking about t-bagging in PvP. Stuff like that only exists in toxic communities, namely non-KR/JP communities. Conduct like that is typically followed by a straight report/blacklist. To be honest, I don't know too much about how JP players conduct PvP, but in KR, we have a low tolerance for poor sportsmanlike behavior. So I would imagine JP players would be the same.

Sizustar
Mar 2, 2015, 02:41 AM
Client-side movement and hitbox detection alone make PvP an absolutely terrible idea. Class balance (or rather, lack thereof) and mechanics make it even worse.

SEGA should just port BB to consoles already and localize it. (´・ω・`)

Did you forgot?
Sega is giving up on home console market, and focusing on PC Online game and Phone Mobage~

yoshiblue
Mar 2, 2015, 03:50 AM
Could easily port it to the Mew 3DS or Vita. And by easy, I mean, if nothing goes wrong with the coding.

Macman
Mar 2, 2015, 04:02 AM

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6207/6134757048_6ca67e60e3.jpg

Hahaha are you fucking kidding me? Get the fuck outta here. Nobody in any competitive situation wants someone like you around them, even if you're on the same team.

Gardios
Mar 2, 2015, 04:29 AM
Did you forgot?
Sega is giving up on home console market, and focusing on PC Online game and Phone Mobage~
Ah, you're crushing my hopes, but you're absolutely right. I just want to be able to play it already...

Alma
Mar 2, 2015, 04:37 AM

add in part costumization that can deepens AIS gameplay mechanic
(blueprint, parts, boost canceling/delay, speed, stealth, stagger, laser bsed vs solid based weaponry, bits, etc)
and we got armored core inside pso2 :wacko:

Kiyumi
Mar 2, 2015, 04:43 AM
SA break timing

air juggle comboing

Aerial Evasion

Did I accidentally come to a different game's forum?

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 2, 2015, 04:50 AM
PVP? great idea, lets do it, You mirin?

Vatallus
Mar 2, 2015, 04:56 AM
Only thing PvP would accomplish in the end is making the English community look even more asinine.

landman
Mar 2, 2015, 05:42 AM
If they ever want to appeal to other markets, they will need some kind of PVP, if they are ok just with their Japanese market they won't do it.

Sizustar
Mar 2, 2015, 05:58 AM
If they ever want to appeal to other markets, they will need some kind of PVP, if they are ok just with their Japanese market they won't do it.

That's what they said, if they release a Korean version, as they seem interested in PVP, then there will be PVP, and it might be returned to Japanaese version in one form or anther, along with other feature that each region only have.

hoangsea
Mar 2, 2015, 07:52 AM
pvp in pso2 = shit
don't care :-?

Cadfael
Mar 2, 2015, 10:13 AM

If you thought the B20 community was bad before, just wait until they're showing off their e-peenz after beating someone in pvp mode. Competitive modes always bring out the worst in people.

SakuRei
Mar 2, 2015, 11:46 AM
Hmm... I really wonder how many PSO2 PvP topic thread counts were already made here and all of it are tossed in the dump site.

It's almost near in the same multiple thread count as the "PSO2 coming to west" or the "IP banning Armageddon" topics.

amberkun
Mar 2, 2015, 12:12 PM
brilliant idea..
KAPPA

Vintasticvin
Mar 2, 2015, 01:08 PM
Seriously? (http://youtu.be/lhckuhUxcgA") would ne nice if the block feature blocked out quotes from said person besides the original post as well.

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 01:16 PM
Every time people bring up the idea of PvP in PSO2 I just remember Mabi has pvp, and it looks like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPMX6l-U4XU

SakoHaruo
Mar 2, 2015, 04:22 PM
They abandoned the competitive PvE modes quite some time ago, do you really expect them to add PvP? Ha, not a chance.

If you want action mmo PvP go play Tera. There's also Blade and Soul, and DFO beta starts in a week or two.

Kiyumi
Mar 2, 2015, 04:23 PM
They abandoned the competitive PvE modes quite some time ago, do you really expect them to add PvP? Ha, not a chance.

If you want action mmo PvP go play Tera. There's also Blade and Soul, and DFO beta starts in a week or two.

Blade and Soul JP Beta came out 3 days ago!

http://steparu.com/news/open-beta/1722-blade-soul-japan-is-now-free-to-play-starting-today

I soooo wish I had a good computer right now :(

Selphea
Mar 2, 2015, 04:38 PM
If you're looking for a PvP-heavy online action game, try the Korean stuff. Japan's online gaming culture seems a bit too friendly for that :wacko:

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2015, 04:48 PM
If you thought the B20 community was bad before, just wait until they're showing off their e-peenz after beating someone in pvp mode. Competitive modes always bring out the worst in people.

hahaha, it's just a game, people shouldn't care so much to be offended, hence why only 12 year olds get mad after someone tries to t-bag their body after they died in COD/Halo.

Knowing the RPG community, they're extremely attached to their characters, this pvp experience can actually help them step back for a moment and help them realize, that their waifu is just a 3d model created by sega, you can't marry it.

If you're looking for a PvP-heavy online action game, try the Korean stuff. Japan's online gaming culture seems a bit too friendly for that :wacko:

I'm all over the korean stuff, 90% of them have lovely toxic communities for pvp, it just makes everything more interesting and cruel.

tera pvp sucks ass, their "meta" is actually just button spamming with a camera lock to make it seem like it takes skill, I was able to figure out how to stagger lock somebody on my first pvp 1v1 try.

Kamekur
Mar 2, 2015, 04:53 PM
Blade and Soul JP Beta came out 3 days ago!

http://steparu.com/news/open-beta/1722-blade-soul-japan-is-now-free-to-play-starting-today

I soooo wish I had a good computer right now :(

No, it just went F2P. It was the exact same as the Chinese version except the first was P2P for the same content.

Selphea
Mar 2, 2015, 04:56 PM
I'm all over the korean stuff, 90% of them have lovely toxic communities for pvp, it just makes everything more interesting and cruel.

Idk those communities from my experience are very immature and egotistical. They can't handle losing at all. You kick their ass and then they drop connection. Your faction kicks their ass and they all ragequit and there's no more PvP for hours and then they log on to forums to whine/complain/troll. Apparently forum PvP > game PvP :(

Numie
Mar 2, 2015, 05:11 PM
3) Aerial Evasion will be inputted into the game, which means it prevents someone to air combo you forever after he knocked you into the air with, for use as an example, Tsukimi Sanzaka. Aerial evasion will cost 40pp if you use it, so use it wisely.
Burst/recovery mid-airstun for 40PP would be a terribad idea, just saying. In a fighting game standpoint, that is too much of a free pass.
Unless it'd cost like 100PP (and therefore worked a bit like Mega Crash would in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, which was a decent method of bursting), it would seem pretty useful and not break the pacing.

What they'd need to do is arrange it so PP regen isn't as abundant as now depending on classes and weapons, and make sure stats, pots and unit bonuses wouldn't count.

A perfectly balanced PVP experience is very possible, granted they make per-mode adjustments like pretty much every MMO with PVP does.

The problem here, really, would be delay. As this game's latency is server-based, you could pull some CUHRAYZEE combos but for even your next door neighbour with the same kind of net as you it'd look like some random, disjointed lagging out simply because you're not where the servers are located. A western server would solve this problem for most of the people here for many things in terms of, well, that. And as we can see, Sega's not too keen in allowing peer-2-peer for this game even if it were for an isolated mode such at this, as it could lead to possibly innumerable exploits.

But good lord I'd lose my mind if this game actually did get PVP.
I could pretend it's Marvel and just be Vergil 24/7

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2015, 05:15 PM
Idk those communities from my experience are very immature and egotistical. They can't handle losing at all. You kick their ass and then they drop connection. Your faction kicks their ass and they all ragequit and there's no more PvP for hours and then they log on to forums to whine/complain/troll. Apparently forum PvP > game PvP :(

Depends on the game you're playing.

I just feel like pso2 has quite some potential for pvp, i can really imagine it working if they put effort into the said mechanics that was listed above by others.

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 05:19 PM
I just feel like pso2 has quite some potential for pvp, i can really imagine it working if they put effort into the said mechanics that was listed above by others.
A lot of us would rather they put that effort into the rest of the game instead. I wouldn't complain about the recovery game and airial combat being made better, but I don't see it happening any time soon in PvE, let alone as a way to make PvP work better.

Numie
Mar 2, 2015, 05:45 PM
A lot of us would rather they put that effort into the rest of the game instead.It'd give people something to do on equal grounds instead of waiting for EQs to grind (especially when your ship is mostly Lv.50 and beyond on average), or going to the Casino only to find it dead and barren.

The thing I loved the most about playing stuff like DFO and Dragon Nest is that if I was tired of the grind, I could just cave some faces and revelling in the fact that I wasn't the only one to want to do so. Even PSO's battle mode was pretty fun during breaks.

I would rather they put something that assures everyone's gonna get to play together with either good fun or nice rewards coming out of it than knowing full well it's gonna take 4 months until something else to do in the main game comes out.

SakoHaruo
Mar 2, 2015, 05:56 PM
tera pvp sucks ass, their "meta" is actually just button spamming with a camera lock to make it seem like it takes skill, I was able to figure out how to stagger lock somebody on my first pvp 1v1 try.

But there's still Kritika, Vindictus, Elsword, Dungeon Fighter Online, Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online, etc. All of those games are aimed at the the action mmo crowd, too, are you playing any of those games? Oh yeah, Dragonball Xenoverse release last week. There's also the fighting game community. You have all tons of options to fill your PvP hunger, but.. you'd rather play PSO2 (with PvP content) right? Shame. :disapprove:

One day you'll realize that the dream was dead long ago and move on. If you're someone who doesn't like missing out I'd suggest you get to it before it's too late.

Gardios
Mar 2, 2015, 06:41 PM
You clearly have no grasp on TERA's PvP. Hint: The only game modes that actually matter are 3vs3 and 15vs15.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2015, 07:01 PM
It'd give people something to do on equal grounds instead of waiting for EQs to grind (especially when your ship is mostly Lv.50 and beyond on average), or going to the Casino only to find it dead and barren.

The thing I loved the most about playing stuff like DFO and Dragon Nest is that if I was tired of the grind, I could just cave some faces and revelling in the fact that I wasn't the only one to want to do so. Even PSO's battle mode was pretty fun during breaks.

I would rather they put something that assures everyone's gonna get to play together with either good fun or nice rewards coming out of it than knowing full well it's gonna take 4 months until something else to do in the main game comes out.

this, this guy knows exactly the beauty of pvp in mmorpg's when it's done well.

And just to ask you, what do you think of dragon nest pvp? doesn't it blow your mind of how well it actually works?

Vintasticvin
Mar 2, 2015, 07:02 PM
Why do we even bother posting in this scumbag's thread? Yeh this guy is fucking sick and sad.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2015, 07:11 PM
Why do we even bother posting in this scumbag's thread? Yeh this guy is fucking sick and sad.

http://www.bet.com/news/features/vote-2012/news/politics/photos/2012/11/best-obama-victory-memes/_jcr_content/leftcol/flipbook/flipbookimage_4.flipfeature.dimg/110712-politics-best-obama-victory-memes-meme-you-mad.jpg

But there's still Kritika, Vindictus, Elsword, Dungeon Fighter Online, Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online, etc. All of those games are aimed at the the action mmo crowd, too, are you playing any of those games? Oh yeah, Dragonball Xenoverse release last week. There's also the fighting game community. You have all tons of options to fill your PvP hunger, but.. you'd rather play PSO2 (with PvP content) right? Shame. :disapprove:

One day you'll realize that the dream was dead long ago and move on. If you're someone who doesn't like missing out I'd suggest you get to it before it's too late.

I'm planning on playing Black desert (that's the one thing i'm looking forward to the most this year) Kritika is very P2W, so i'm not into that. DFO is 2d, not into that, blade and soul feels like tera revamp in asian style, except with smoother and better combat.

Pso2 still holds it's own with it's own multi weapon system that makes GW2's "multi-weapon" system look like shit, cuz their combat is shit, added on teh fact it's just another p2p overpriced game with bad art.

landman
Mar 2, 2015, 07:16 PM
The idea of pre-made characters to play as doesn't seem bad, if Final Fantasy can have a 3D action vs game why can't Phantasy Star? I'd like to see a combat with Regius & Maria vs Magashi & Kireek. DC Uni. has a similar thing for instanced arenas.

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 07:18 PM
added on teh fact it's just another p2p overpriced game with bad art.GW2 Is buy to play, not pay to play. :/

The idea of pre-made characters to play as doesn't seem bad, if Final Fantasy can have a 3D action vs game why can't Phantasy Star? I'd like to see a combat with Regius & Maria vs Magashi & Kireek. DC Uni. has a similar thing for instanced arenas.DCUO was made with pvp in mind from the start though. Same with a lot of those other games that have been mentioned.

landman
Mar 2, 2015, 07:27 PM
Yes, and DCUO combat is very different, provably more fitting for an open world PVP game, but I still see PSO2 combat with a lot of possibilities as a 3D fighting game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrXNBevqFk

Mattykins
Mar 2, 2015, 07:31 PM
lol holy shit. People who get nasty when they get competitive probably aren't even good people to begin with. It's not like competition is some evil brainworm that turns perfectly innocent people into pro mlg swagfags.

Also, I never understood why people get so salty over their precious online characters getting teabagged. Holy fuck it's a game. Chill, lol. Take a fucking joke, jeez. I imagine the same people who are worried about PvP drama are the same people who'd probably be causing it.

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 07:34 PM
For the record I don't think pvp in PSO2 is impossible, just that with how poorly balanced things are, and how needlessly complicated the skill system is, the amount of effort it would take to make PvP more than a jokey side attraction like it is in Mabi for instance, would be better put towards balancing the core game. Making it viable isn't as simple as lowering multipliers, letting people air dodge, and normalizing gear.

lol holy shit. People who get nasty when they get competitive probably aren't even good people to begin with. It's not like competition is some evil brainworm that turns perfectly innocent people into pro mlg swagfags.

Also, I never understood why people get so salty over their precious online characters getting teabagged. Holy fuck it's a game. Chill, lol. Take a fucking joke, jeez. I imagine the same people who are worried about PvP drama are the same people who'd probably be causing it.I think pvp drama is a serious issue, simply because it turns people away. Like yeah, don't get buthurt and start whining, but the people who go out of their way to do things to rub in a loss and are just being ass holes for the sake of being assholes probably shouldn't be allowed to do stuff with other people. I:

That said, it's not t-bagging or anything like that that bothers people (or me at least). It's those guys who spend an entire match whining about how terrible their team is and how everyone is a "ginger faggot" because they aren't able to get carried through matches like they're used to. Just because they're immature doesn't make it any less annoying. Which I might add is why people don't like pvp communities. It's not "Oh, you hurt my feelings boo hoo" it's "Jesus fucking christ these people are acting like brats, I don't wanna put up with this while I'm trying to enjoy the game".

EDIT: Sorry, that last bit isn't really directed at you. I've just been trying to figure out how to give my two cents on the matter.

Edson Drake
Mar 2, 2015, 07:46 PM

Also, I never understood why people get so salty over their precious online characters getting teabagged. Holy fuck it's a game. Chill, lol. Take a fucking joke, jeez. I imagine the same people who are worried about PvP drama are the same people who'd probably be causing it.

Personally I have no attachment to any of my characters, and I'd even say that it's a very small minority that would take that seriously. It's just a game after all.

But games being a competition of sorts, the kind of behaviour that you often see kids engaging in XBox Live is unnacceptable. It's not even about the t-bag, but the behaviour itself is the problem.

I was a vet Killer Instinct player and played many championships. Any salty player either winner or loser would get escorted out of the building and blacklisted from any future tournaments.

Alisha
Mar 2, 2015, 07:56 PM

frontlines pvp in FF14 seems popular among the japaneese players but thats more arena based so it's not just mindless killing and takes cooperation.

Numie
Mar 2, 2015, 09:33 PM
But there's still KritikaIs that game even out outside of Korea?
If so I would play it. If not, eeeeehhhhhh...
It looks pretty fun from what I saw, but I'm not keen into faking KSSN's so uhhh...
Same deal for Black Desert.

Also I don't know if the near toxic reaction to the mere mention of PVP here is supposed to be a running gag but when I can't really see a problem with it I can't help but scratch my head.
Balancing the PVP side of things certainly seems easier than adjusting PVE, since there wouldn't have to be as many variables to take into account. That's the beauty of it for the most part.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2015, 09:56 PM
For the record I don't think pvp in PSO2 is impossible, just that with how poorly balanced things are, and how needlessly complicated the skill system is, the amount of effort it would take to make PvP more than a jokey side attraction like it is in Mabi for instance, would be better put towards balancing the core game. Making it viable isn't as simple as lowering multipliers, letting people air dodge, and normalizing gear.

I think pvp drama is a serious issue, simply because it turns people away. Like yeah, don't get buthurt and start whining, but the people who go out of their way to do things to rub in a loss and are just being ass holes for the sake of being assholes probably shouldn't be allowed to do stuff with other people. I:

That said, it's not t-bagging or anything like that that bothers people (or me at least). It's those guys who spend an entire match whining about how terrible their team is and how everyone is a "ginger faggot" because they aren't able to get carried through matches like they're used to. Just because they're immature doesn't make it any less annoying. Which I might add is why people don't like pvp communities. It's not "Oh, you hurt my feelings boo hoo" it's "Jesus fucking christ these people are acting like brats, I don't wanna put up with this while I'm trying to enjoy the game".

EDIT: Sorry, that last bit isn't really directed at you. I've just been trying to figure out how to give my two cents on the matter.

The type of pvp i'm thinking of involves more of a 3d fighting game type of pvp that makes use of pso2's quick weapon switching system to add on more depth.

Pso2 group pvp would be interesting, but i'd rather not hear anyone bitch, if you want your team to win, you gotta gitgud first.

None of that "ginger Faggot" shit would happen in a 1v1 match, and using DN/Vindictus as reference 1v1 battles take the most skill, and that's what i want to do/where i think pso2 pvp would shine the brightest.

And usually in pvp, you won't get t-bagged unless you deserved it, aka spamming long ranged attacks/kiting CD :P

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 10:16 PM
The type of pvp i'm thinking of involves more of a 3d fighting game type of pvp that makes use of pso2's quick weapon switching system to add on more depth.

Pso2 group pvp would be interesting, but i'd rather not hear anyone bitch, if you want your team to win, you gotta gitgud first.

None of that "ginger Faggot" shit would happen in a 1v1 match, and using DN/Vindictus as reference 1v1 battles take the most skill, and that's what i want to do/where i think pso2 pvp would shine the brightest.

And usually in pvp, you won't get t-bagged unless you deserved it, aka spamming long ranged attacks/kiting CD :PI'd just like to point out that you're implying pso2's weapon switching gives it more depth than GW2. I can understand you not liking the game, but you have to at least admit it has more mechanical depth than PSO2, even assuming the stuff you want gets in.

EDIT: To reiderate, I'm wondering why you think it's the weapon switching that adds depth to PSO2. At least mention the fact that a lot of underused skills and builds would be WAY more useful in PvP.

I guess I'll actually start by saying Fo vs Hu. Gu vs Hu? The ranged classes would have insane advantages unless the fundamental workings of the game were changed to the point that it might as well be something new. Not to mention balance would be a nightmare.

Personally I actually think team based gameplay takes more skill when the objective involves something other than killing the other members, simply because you have to understand your role well, as well as pay attention to more than one person, but that's neither here nor there.

Mattykins
Mar 2, 2015, 10:22 PM
Personally, I'd have preferred a system where one can specialize in a specific thing the whole game instead of being able to do just whatever. Like, I can see the appeal of a system like PSO2 or Skyrim where you're not confined to any class or aptitudes, but it makes it feel a bit, how should I say, uhh... diluted?

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 10:29 PM
Personally, I'd have preferred a system where one can specialize in a specific thing the whole game instead of being able to do just whatever. Like, I can see the appeal of a system like PSO2 or Skyrim where you're not confined to any class or aptitudes, but it makes it feel a bit, how should I say, uhh... diluted?It's not like you can do everything at once an specializing is always going to pay off more. So I'm not sure what you mean... or what this has to do with pvp.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 2, 2015, 10:31 PM
The idea of pre-made characters to play as doesn't seem bad, if Final Fantasy can have a 3D action vs game why can't Phantasy Star? I'd like to see a combat with Regius & Maria vs Magashi & Kireek. DC Uni. has a similar thing for instanced arenas.

Yes, and DCUO combat is very different, provably more fitting for an open world PVP game, but I still see PSO2 combat with a lot of possibilities as a 3D fighting game.

?DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY?????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrXNBevqFk)

As someone who has spent thousands of hours playing the first two Dissidia games, I would like to make something perfectly clear right now. Dissidia: Final Fantasy is, first and foremost, a fighting game with RPG elements. It is nothing like PSO2, and for a Phantasy Star game like it, Sega would need to make a new one entirely.

Gama
Mar 2, 2015, 10:44 PM
cant really imagine how battle with fo/hu would go.

Fo nukes hu before melle range?

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2015, 10:57 PM
I'd just like to point out that you're implying pso2's weapon switching gives it more depth than GW2. I can understand you not liking the game, but you have to at least admit it has more mechanical depth than PSO2, even assuming the stuff you want gets in.

EDIT: To reiderate, I'm wondering why you think it's the weapon switching that adds depth to PSO2. At least mention the fact that a lot of underused skills and builds would be WAY more useful in PvP.

I guess I'll actually start by saying Fo vs Hu. Gu vs Hu? The ranged classes would have insane advantages unless the fundamental workings of the game were changed to the point that it might as well be something new. Not to mention balance would be a nightmare.

Personally I actually think team based gameplay takes more skill when the objective involves something other than killing the other members, simply because you have to understand your role well, as well as pay attention to more than one person, but that's neither here nor there.

A lot of techs can't knockdown/stagger, so what i'm saying is PA's do little damage in pvp, when health is multiplied over 20 times, basically you must combo to win.

And have you ever watched those weapon switching combos that they show on teh big screen in the lobby? that's the shit i'm talking about.

SakoHaruo
Mar 2, 2015, 11:20 PM
Is that game even out outside of Korea?
If so I would play it. If not, eeeeehhhhhh...
It looks pretty fun from what I saw, but I'm not keen into faking KSSN's so uhhh...
Same deal for Black Desert.

Also I don't know if the near toxic reaction to the mere mention of PVP here is supposed to be a running gag but when I can't really see a problem with it I can't help but scratch my head.
Balancing the PVP side of things certainly seems easier than adjusting PVE, since there wouldn't have to be as many variables to take into account. That's the beauty of it for the most part.

There's a (region locked) Japanese client. If you have your own AWS/Proxy you can play the game with no problems. It's the same as making a Sega account for PSO2 ._.b

What many of you fail to realize is PSO2 was never planned to have PvP and PvP would need to be there day 1, at least on the development sheet. You can't just turn a PvE game into a REAL PvP game, that's impossible. For Sega to add PvP they'd have to make an entirely new game. Basically, PSO2: Enhanced/Waifu/2.0/Remix/Whatever Edition would have to get the greenlight. Uhh... could Sega just patch in the ability to lock onto other players and have us battle it out in the Ragne dome? Yes, they can easily do that, but then you'll complain about what they can't do properly using the the current PSO2 build. They can't create a balance PvP experience atm. You'll have to wait for PSO3 which is in about another 7 years or so.

Kondibon
Mar 2, 2015, 11:32 PM
A lot of techs can't knockdown/stagger, so what i'm saying is PA's do little damage in pvp, when health is multiplied over 20 times, basically you must combo to win.Considering how easy it is to spam zan techs from the other side of the room due to their low cost and all the CC they throw out, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
If PAs and techs do less damage in PvP then wands will win by default, having the control and speed from techs, but hitting like trucks with normals.

And have you ever watched those weapon switching combos that they show on teh big screen in the lobby? that's the shit i'm talking about.Those are cool and all but assuming players have a way to break out of being juggled as you suggested, they wouldn't be very practical in a PvP situation simply because a lot of them rely on the fact that enemies can't do anything while being juggled, which would just turn PVP into a "whoever gets the first hit" thing.

Don't get me started on the fact that requiring those fancy weapon swap combos would throw "who ever has the least lag" into the mix too. That was hands down the BIGGEST problem with PvP in Mabi. In an ideal world it would be cool, but even then I don't see it as something that would be necessary in PvP (not to mention PSO2's combo system is terrible for super clutch gameplay). The only reason those combos even worked at all is because they set their entire pallets up for doing them. They'd lose any variety for a single combo, which is suicide for the kind of PvP gameplay you want.

Noblewine
Mar 2, 2015, 11:38 PM
SEGA will probably have to restrict certain photon arts in the game to attempt to balance the game.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 3, 2015, 01:36 AM
As the game is now, it would never work. Nor would I play it, because that's not what I play Phantasy Star as a whole, for.

Now, a Dissidia type fighting game with Phantasy Star series characters...that'd be pretty dope. EY YO CHAZ I SEE YOU

Dammy
Mar 3, 2015, 06:30 AM
i play this game with other people, not against them
if you want pvp go play Dota or other crap

Selphea
Mar 3, 2015, 06:39 AM
In other news, I wish my vodka orange tasted like a lychee martini, but I refuse to get a lychee martini.

Archandes
Mar 3, 2015, 07:19 AM
Im a person who like to f*** someone else gaming experience on many MMORPG for a looong time and playing this game since OBT. The PSO 2 game mechanic (character design, skill tree, skillset, weapon type, movement / combat / targeting mechanic)
are NOT SUITABLE FOR PVP AT ALL.

It's like forcing a game like monster hunter to have pvp mode. Yes it is doable but it look and sound stupid, even when they use the semi pokemon element it's still look and sound stupid.

Ordy
Mar 3, 2015, 08:58 AM
Exactly!

Asking for PvP in PSO2 is like asking for PvP in Euro Truck Simulator.

Z-0
Mar 3, 2015, 09:00 AM
PvP in Euro Truck Simulator would be amazing.

Xiriko
Mar 3, 2015, 10:02 AM
I would prefer indirect PvP. How about an 8 player quest that's 4 vs 4. Each party in a separate arena with enemies constantly spawning, revives disabled. Killing enemies gives that party points which they can spend to drag the other party down, like summoning a boss, Gel Wulffs, Ignix, infected campship, applying debuffs/status effects, etc., all to the other party/party's arena. Last party standing, or the first party to reach a given amount of points wins.

I stopped reading this thread after this reply on page 3, totally supporting this kind of idea, tell SEGA to do it.

Zorafim
Mar 3, 2015, 10:21 AM
Hi, didn't read the topic. I'm posting anyway.
People are still asking for pvp? You just need to look to PSO to see why that's a bad idea. Unless the rules are drastically changed for pvp, it just would not be fun.

That being said, I second Maenara's idea. Competitive pve might be fun. But, considering MMOs (oh shut up it's shorthand) exist for people to take too seriously, it might not actually be fun to try against most players.

hoangsea
Mar 3, 2015, 10:51 AM
although playing many online games, i never seen any ammorpg balance at pvp

pso2 is not even balance at pve
why ppl have to bother pvp :-?

Vintasticvin
Mar 3, 2015, 12:58 PM
cant really imagine how battle with fo/hu would go.

Fo nukes hu before melle range?

Pso1... Fun times those where specially if you were to play the game normally in battle mode "*cast Rafoie one shots nearby Force* whoops should have given a heads up lol" And thats why Pso "battle" mode can be made fun.

Vinnchente
Mar 3, 2015, 01:09 PM
There was PVP in PSO1 and in my opinion it was fun and refreshing. I think people shouldbe open to having PVP because its different and would make this gane that more exciting. If it doesn't work and it flops.. oh well but if it works then it'll be great for the game!

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 3, 2015, 05:46 PM
although playing many online games, i never seen any ammorpg balance at pvp

pso2 is not even balance at pve
why ppl have to bother pvp :-?

dragon nest.
It will blow your mind on how well they executed it.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 3, 2015, 05:48 PM
Those are cool and all but assuming players have a way to break out of being juggled as you suggested, they wouldn't be very practical in a PvP situation simply because a lot of them rely on the fact that enemies can't do anything while being juggled, which would just turn PVP into a "whoever gets the first hit" thing.

it's called a recatch in midair, predicting your opponent's AE in advance, this is what's done on dragon nest, and it works so damn well.

And as i stated before, AE's have cool downs and are pp heavy, basically you can't spam it at all, you must carefully choose when to AE out of someone's juggle so that you don't get recatched,

Another thing is these battles won't be won by split seconds, i would say everyone would have like 10,000 health, while your damage for your heaviest hit would never be over 2k combined (not per hit, total damage from one full PA animation).

And Dodges would consume a considerable amount of pp. You can still double/spam dodges, but if you do, for example, your second consecutive dodge will take 50% more pp than your first one and so on.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 3, 2015, 05:55 PM
dragon nest.

Ha.ha..ha...ha......hahahahahahahaha dragon nest

hoangsea
Mar 3, 2015, 06:20 PM
dragon nest.

lol that game is one of the imbalance pvp game i ever play

at ss1: acrobat pwn every other class
at ss2: tempest fk everyone
ss3: alchemist (don't clearly rmb, the gunner girl with magma hand upgrade able class)

actually i'm not say that other class are useless, but with the same pvp skills/experience those OP class have much easier way to win against other class

until this game is dead at kr server due imbalance at pvp, i quit
after that they sold to an china game company and continue to extend it :-?

Noblewine
Mar 3, 2015, 06:26 PM
They probably have to rebalance the classes as well. Limiting you to a few strike/range/technic weapons. PVP in PSP2 was okay but that dus skadd spamming. >.<;;
I played other games that force you to participate in pvp matche just to earn EXP. Do not make quests that focus on pvp. I don't like that.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 3, 2015, 07:43 PM
lol that game is one of the imbalance pvp game i ever play

at ss1: acrobat pwn every other class
at ss2: tempest fk everyone
ss3: alchemist (don't clearly rmb, the gunner girl with magma hand upgrade able class)

actually i'm not say that other class are useless, but with the same pvp skills/experience those OP class have much easier way to win against other class

until this game is dead at kr server due imbalance at pvp, i quit
after that they sold to an china game company and continue to extend it :-?

they balanced a lot of teh classes at 80 cap.
It is pretty well balanced now, but I'm just going to say this to you cuz the one's u listed are the one's that noobs list are "OP": gitgud.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 3, 2015, 08:15 PM
How about a tier list that lists matchup values for each class, if you know so much about Dragon Nest and how balanced it is.

I bet the meaning of this request is gonna fly over your head.

hoangsea
Mar 3, 2015, 08:16 PM
they balanced a lot of teh classes at 80 cap.
It is pretty well balanced now, but I'm just going to say this to you cuz the one's u listed are the one's that noobs list are "OP": gitgud.

no idea if it's balance now
because i quit when they release 60 cap at kr

those class are very OP before if you don't know
- acrobat combo does 1/3-1/2 HP and easily to run away with many move, dodge skills when this game first release with low lv cap
- tempest have acrobat issue and have new kick skill which does 1/4 hp
- alchemist poison skill with full stack when first release does 40-60% hp
- engineer before nerf towers/ alfredo/ ducks have insane HP also does decent damage

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 3, 2015, 08:47 PM
no idea if it's balance now
because i quit when they release 60 cap at kr

those class are very OP before if you don't know
- acrobat combo does 1/3-1/2 HP and easily to run away with many move, dodge skills when this game first release with low lv cap
- tempest have acrobat issue and have new kick skill which does 1/4 hp
- alchemist poison skill with full stack when first release does 40-60% hp
- engineer before nerf towers/ alfredo/ ducks have insane HP also does decent damage

a lot of those skills are BL'ed in 1v1 pvp, so you dont hafto worry about engineer spamming summons, they're now limited 1 summon at a time plus 1 duck.

PVP is now more enjoyable and fast paced than ever with lots of counters, it's now hella easy to counter acros as a merc/cleric, You just hafto time your SA breaks when they try to hop in the air, you catch them at that moment and they done, once you catch them in a good combo after you wasted their escapes, it's gg, time to enjoy raping.

But on topic, don't you think PSO2 is the only other 3d action mmorpg that even has a knockdown/air juggle mechanic existent in game? they should seriously take advantage of this for pvp.

hoangsea
Mar 3, 2015, 08:56 PM
a lot of those skills are BL'ed in 1v1 pvp, so you dont hafto worry about engineer spamming summons, they're now limited 1 summon at a time plus 1 duck.

PVP is now more enjoyable and fast paced than ever with lots of counters, it's now hella easy to counter acros as a merc/cleric, You just hafto time your SA breaks when they try to hop in the air, you catch them at that moment and they done, once you catch them in a good combo after you wasted their escapes, it's gg, time to enjoy raping.

But on topic, don't you think PSO2 is the only other 3d action mmorpg that even has a knockdown/air juggle mechanic existent in game? they should seriously take advantage of this for pvp.

just because it have no pvp that you can knockdown/air juggle without cooldown
tried BnS it have the same thing but with cooldown

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2015, 08:58 PM
a lot of those skills are BL'ed in 1v1 pvp, Do you mean they're not allowed by the rules of the game, as in you literally can't use them, or do you mean people bitch and moan if you do.

If it's the later... You realize that ruins your entire argument right?
http://i.imgur.com/4IhZOMr.gif

it's gg, time to enjoy raping.
http://i.imgur.com/ALrb15g.jpg

But on topic, don't you think PSO2 is the only other 3d action mmorpg that even has a knockdown/air juggle mechanic existent in game? they should seriously take advantage of this for pvp.We've been trying to point out that PSO2's knockdown and juggle mechanics are exactly why the PvP would be a horrible unbalanced mess in the first place.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 3, 2015, 09:05 PM
Do you mean they're not allowed by the rules of the game, as in you literally can't use them, or do you mean people bitch and moan if you do.

If it's the later... You realize that ruins your entire argument right?
http://i.imgur.com/4IhZOMr.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ALrb15g.jpg

We've been trying to point out that PSO2's knockdown and juggle mechanics are exactly why the PvP would be a horrible unbalanced mess in the first place.

Certain bl'ed skills are unusable in certain 1v1 modes because the cool down is longer than the time limit of the game, so yea.

And again, Aerial escapes with cooldown, it works, you can combo for a good amount of time if you know how to recatch an enemy and waste his/her aerial escape |:D, which is a very troll move, makes them rage.

I just think that pp recovery is a little too fast in pso2 for pvp if you want people to not spam skills though, i can imagine people just kiting for pp to recover to continuously spam something if the pp recovery is nerfed, that's the only hard problem i can see if pso2 has a pvp mode.

lostinseganet
Mar 3, 2015, 09:21 PM
i never supported PvP because i alway thought so hacks would allow someone to wreak havoc on PvEvent.

But its own server maybe that would work

Kondibon
Mar 3, 2015, 09:23 PM
Certain bl'ed skills are unusable in certain 1v1 modes because the cool down is longer than the time limit of the game, so yea.Ok, fair enough then.

I just think that pp recovery is a little too fast in pso2 for pvp if you want people to not spam skills though, i can imagine people just kiting for pp to recover to continuously spam something if the pp recovery is nerfed, that's the only hard problem i can see if pso2 has a pvp mode.I... actually agree, not just in PvP either. I think the base pp ammount needs to be increased, but the recovery speed reduced, so it becomes more of a long term resource.

That or they add PSP2/PS0/PSN style chaining so spamming PAs isn't the best way to do damage. Seriously, why would they skip out on something like that? It was the perfect way to balance the different attack speeds and number of hits weapons had to their PAs, while also making constant PA spamming something you don't always want to do mindlessly if you want good damage.

i never supported PvP because i alway thought so hacks would allow someone to wreak havoc on PvEvent.

But its own server maybe that would work

That's a risk in any online pvp. I do see it being a particularly large issue in PSO2 though.

Vintasticvin
Mar 3, 2015, 11:49 PM
The greatest PvP match ever! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxv76yHwrAw)

Noblewine
Mar 4, 2015, 12:00 AM
The greatest PvP match ever! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxv76yHwrAw)

Double KO or Time Expired? lulz

Vintasticvin
Mar 4, 2015, 12:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3abPnEEGE

Cadfael
Mar 4, 2015, 12:07 PM
There was PVP in PSO1 and in my opinion it was fun and refreshing. I think people shouldbe open to having PVP because its different and would make this gane that more exciting. If it doesn't work and it flops.. oh well but if it works then it'll be great for the game!

To be fair, different and exciting does not necessarily mean better.

lostinseganet
Mar 5, 2015, 07:08 PM
i admit I played PvP in the dreamcast days and it was fun :)