PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Maintenance 03/04/2015 (Wednesday)

Manta Oyamada
Mar 2, 2015, 09:06 AM
Maintenance Details

Date: 03/04/2015 (Wednesday)
Expected Time Duration: 02:00 ~ 17:00 (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=1850147&h=1850147&sts=23756580&sln=2-17&a=show) (JST)
Expected Game Patching Time: 05:00 (JST)

PC Details

Game Launcher Version: Version 03.00.01
Client Version: ver. 3.0401.3
Update Size: 33MB
Full Client Installer: 24.1GB

Vita Details: Via "LiveArea"

Client Version: 3.17
Game Update Size: 29MB
Full Client Installer: 6405MB

Expected New Contents & Changes

Episode 3 Hotfixes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTIFICATION: Emergency Quest: Advent of the Annihilator (Magatsu)

1. Magatsu's Emergency Quest called as "Advent of the Annihilator" (降臨する星滅の災厄) will be renamed as (顕現せし星滅の災厄) and will be the first phase of the Emergency Quest.

2. The 2nd phase will be called (星滅の災厄禊ぐ灰の唱) - whereas this will only become available for those who have cleared (顕現せし星滅の災厄) at least once or more the better.

3. Despite the change of name of the first phase to (顕現せし星滅の災厄), the objective and how to do it won't have changes.

4. Rebalance of drop rates will happen during this update whereas Extra Hard mode will have more drop rates than other difficulties. This is due to the fact that the current version of the EQ has unbalanced the economy greatly.

5. After the update you can only clear the 1st phase of the emergency quest 4 times. This also affects all of your characters despite they haven't attended the EQ.

6. Magatsu will have more resistance to Ice and Fire attributes, but for Extra Hard Mode - Magatsu's HP will have lesser amount than normal.

「マガツ」の特定部分において、射撃耐性を上昇させます
「マガツ」の氷属性耐性を上昇させます

7. Increased drop rate for 10-stars and 11-stars will be implemented for Extra Hard.

8. All Skill Tree Reset Passes will be distributed once these changes has been implemented.

translated by junko

Shinamori
Mar 2, 2015, 09:38 AM
They're doing one after all? Thought this was on of those dpecial two week free maintenance.

KazukiQZ
Mar 2, 2015, 10:52 AM
02:00...2AM?! Isn't that too early for a start of maintenance time? o_o

15 hours downtime lol...

the_importer_
Mar 2, 2015, 11:35 AM
12:00 PM to 3:00 AM Eastern Time, that's one hell of a maintenance.

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 2, 2015, 11:56 AM
Holy Jeebus, what the hell could they be doing???

This couldn't be prep work for the shared ships for C-Mode, would it?

Padoca85
Mar 3, 2015, 02:01 PM
geez, 15hrs? I hope Sega give us some compensation for those hours. I didnt even had time to do the daily orders and others daily stuff

Cyber Meteor
Mar 3, 2015, 02:05 PM
I need a clarification. Is it after this maintenance that Magatsu quest get changed or after the 11th March maintenance?

Padoca85
Mar 3, 2015, 02:06 PM
They said later on March, so my guess it would be after 20th

Anduril
Mar 3, 2015, 02:27 PM
geez, 15hrs? I hope Sega give us some compensation for those hours. I didnt even had time to do the daily orders and others daily stuff
Not to sound dickish, but why would they give compensation for this downtime? Consider that to them, this maintenance is from 2AM to 5PM on a Wednesday, a time period where they expect most people to be at work or school, and this was pre-scheduled for the sake of doing hardware maintenance.

Edson Drake
Mar 3, 2015, 02:34 PM
Holy Jeebus, what the hell could they be doing???

This couldn't be prep work for the shared ships for C-Mode, would it?

Probably. They'll need more servers for that, this could either mean we'll get a sweet lag-free experience or even worse lag.

I'm expecting the challenge mode ship to be quite laggy to be honest, but that means the other ships will be quite chill too. Surprise me Sega!

Padoca85
Mar 3, 2015, 08:55 PM
Not to sound dickish, but why would they give compensation for this downtime? Consider that to them, this maintenance is from 2AM to 5PM on a Wednesday, a time period where they expect most people to be at work or school, and this was pre-scheduled for the sake of doing hardware maintenance.

I mainly meant for premium things that run out of time. Not about not being able to do the daily routine, It was an unrelated commentary. I didnt mean to sound like that.

wefwq
Mar 3, 2015, 09:30 PM
Whut they add Fire resistance as well?
RIP my weapons.

Dnd
Mar 3, 2015, 09:39 PM
Whut they add Fire resistance as well?
RIP my weapons.

No its badly translated

They are adding ranged (Aka fire resist) and ice (element) resist to certain segments of magatsu

Vatallus
Mar 3, 2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah its shooting and ice resistance, not fire and ice.

wefwq
Mar 3, 2015, 09:57 PM
Fug, almost thought they really add 3 resist at the same time, thanks pal.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 10:04 PM
Fug, almost thought they really add 3 resist at the same time, thanks pal.

when it comes to bad translations:

fire usually means ranged attacks (you'll need some context to not confuse this with actual fire technics

blow means striking

"law method attack" or w/e means technics

Skyly
Mar 3, 2015, 10:04 PM
What exactly is a serve equipment maintenance is? Like upgrades??

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 10:06 PM
What exactly is a serve equipment maintenance is? Like upgrades??
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.freedompreppers.com/duct-tape-preppers.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

GoldenFalcon
Mar 3, 2015, 10:18 PM
Funny how the bot (?) uses like google translate (and messes up some of it) when it's already been covered by Bumped

Skyly
Mar 3, 2015, 10:32 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.freedompreppers.com/duct-tape-preppers.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Knowing Sega. Why do i actually believe you...

Rakurai
Mar 3, 2015, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure why they think Magatsu needs ice resist when I hardly ever see FOs using that on it in the first place.

I'd think Ra Grants spam would outdo it in DPS.

Manta Oyamada
Mar 3, 2015, 11:46 PM
I will not use more the translations of Junko ^^

「マガツ」の特定部分において、射撃耐性を上昇させます
「マガツ」の氷属性耐性を上昇させます

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 11:48 PM
I'm not sure why they think Magatsu needs ice resist when I hardly ever see FOs using that on it in the first place.

They're still on their tirade of making melee more rewarding for the risk of being in faces, and the effort of getting there before the target is hopefully not vaporized by FOs/anything ranged, and doing a poor job of it.

Sadly, it seems like...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/59843720.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

milranduil
Mar 3, 2015, 11:55 PM

I'd think Ra Grants spam would outdo it in DPS.

If I run as FO, I've only used ilbarta to help down the legs so I can save PPC for when stomach spam starts. Then it's zanverse and ragrants after that.

Kayarine
Mar 4, 2015, 12:11 AM
Maybe they're trying to prevent 11 FO Ilbarta MPAs.

milranduil
Mar 4, 2015, 12:35 AM
Maybe they're trying to prevent 11 FO Ilbarta MPAs.

The problem is... if you're organizing 12 people, gubr + rabr + gute + tera is faster anyway. 11 ilbarta FOs would be pointless.

Nazuna
Mar 4, 2015, 01:24 AM
Servers are up people o3o

wefwq
Mar 4, 2015, 01:37 AM
Logged in and wut, no free skill reset pass?

Vatallus
Mar 4, 2015, 01:39 AM
I think those patch notes were meant for March 11th. lol (Pretty sure that is what they were originally for)

Flaoc
Mar 4, 2015, 01:42 AM
FREE TRIBOOSTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!1111!

*fuck you too sega*

Anduril
Mar 4, 2015, 01:58 AM
The Magatsu change is scheduled for Late-March, so I expect it for March 24/25 maintenance.
They just put this announcement out so that players know what is coming. Also, Round 11 is going to be Magatsu (based on the EQ schedule), so I'm sure they are giving players one last hurrah before the change.

.Jack
Mar 4, 2015, 02:16 AM
The problem is... if you're organizing 12 people, gubr + rabr + gute + tera is faster anyway. 11 ilbarta FOs would be pointless.

I've tried the full ice tree ilbarta but I found lack of PP overall pretty bad. The 1m+ damage is nice using the TE regen but I find just my usual Sazan spam to be more effective doing 50k+ nonstop onto WB targets. There's not to many people spamming this tech since the nerf but it does pretty good damage doing a few mill damage in most pug situations. I'll probably record this soon.

Achelousaurus
Mar 4, 2015, 09:48 AM
02:00...2AM?! Isn't that too early for a start of maintenance time? o_o

15 hours downtime lol...
It was 6pm for me. 2 hours before taco time. :-(

I've tried the full ice tree ilbarta but I found lack of PP overall pretty bad. The 1m+ damage is nice using the TE regen but I find just my usual Sazan spam to be more effective doing 50k+ nonstop onto WB targets. There's not to many people spamming this tech since the nerf but it does pretty good damage doing a few mill damage in most pug situations. I'll probably record this soon.
Any reason not to use Ra/Ilgrants instead?
I get 18-20k per ragrants and 8-10k per Ilgrants hit with WB. And my gear is good but nothing like yours.

They're still on their tirade of making melee more rewarding for the risk of being in faces, and the effort of getting there before the target is hopefully not vaporized by FOs/anything ranged, and doing a poor job of it.[/SPOILER-BOX]
It irritates me to no end that all the time I find game mechanics that put melee at a disadvantage.
Either Sega still believes melee with its dps a fraction of ranged and tech must not be allowed to be on even remotely equal footing or it would break the game harder than CT+Chase + Banish Arrow did or they just don't know and don't care, melee is of absolutely no consequence to them only ever an afterthought.

Either way it's weird cause melee is super popular, when you check shop prices melee stuff ususally is more expensive than force stuff and sometimes even than ranged stuff.
Or maybe Sega knows this and nerfs melee so you end up buying more AC.
Either way, I seriously hate Sega from the bottom of my heart for it :(

Z-0
Mar 4, 2015, 09:59 AM
Ilbarta spam is the best bossing tech for absolutely everything on FO (except possibly Anga) providing you have around 6+ FOs using the technique, as every single cast will hit millions. 10 FO and 2 RA was a strategy used by some MPAs to do very fast runs of Magatsu when they weren't able to do FiBo or Bow Braver runs.