PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying PC PSO2 episode 2 and 3 JP

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 2, 2015, 10:19 AM
Hello, I'm from the USA. Is it possible for me to play on JP servers, and if so, is there anything I need to know before installing?

I see a lot of English people speaking and playing PSO2 on this site.

Sorry if it's a noob question, just joined today on this site after a long absence, I played PSO1 and PSO ver2, and briefly played PSU.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 2, 2015, 11:22 AM
I tried going to PSO2.jp and could not load the site. What is VPN? I'm guessing the product number when you buy the game? I just bought the deluxe packages on episodes 2 and 3 but sadly won't get them till late this month.

Also, where is the Arks Layer Website, do you have a link?

Anduril
Mar 2, 2015, 11:29 AM
Here is this forum's link to the Tweaker (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248), which is essentially the English Launcher. This (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221667)is the link to the English installer (via torrent) thread, if you don't want to wait for the deluxe package to arrive before playing. The tweaker has info on how to connect via the PSO2Proxy in its info box.

EDIT: Just a quick warning; AIDA (the Tweaker dev) mentioned this:

Yeah, it looks like a lot of the issues are caused by my moving the arks-layer server to a new host (our plan on the old server ran out and I moved it because the old server was slow and bad). Try giving it another 24 hours to fix itself. If it's still happening 24 hours from now, post again and we'll work on a solution.

Sorry!
meaning that you might have issues with getting stuff from Arks-Layer right now.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 2, 2015, 11:52 AM
Thanks, I'm DL PSO2 from the Arks Layer site right now. I created a folder on my /C drive called PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2, and when I DL it I see its creating another folder inside it called PHANTSYSTARONLINE2. It also said that if Installed it in Program Files it wouldn't work.

Am I gonna have to delete a folder for it to work?

Also, can I still get my bonus stuff from my Japanese Deluxe sets when it comes in later this month?

Anduril
Mar 2, 2015, 11:56 AM
Thanks, I'm DL PSO2 from the Arks Layer site right now. I created a folder on my /C drive called PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2, and when I DL it I see its creating another folder inside it called PHANTSYSTARONLINE2. It also said that if Installed it in Program Files it wouldn't work.

Am I gonna have to delete a folder for it to work?

Also, can I still get my bonus stuff from my Japanese Deluxe sets when it comes in later this month?
It will work (on both my PCs I have it installed in the default install location), it's just a warning since sometimes the tweaker will not play well with the administrative elevation of the Program Files folder.
Your bonus stuff will be a code that you input once in game.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 2, 2015, 12:00 PM
Thank you for your help Anduril!

So is ship 2 heavily populated with an English speaking community?

Anduril
Mar 2, 2015, 12:04 PM
Thank you for your help Anduril!

So is ship 2 heavily populated with an English speaking community?
"Heavily" is subjective; Ship 2 has the largest English community, but the ship is primarily populated by Japanese players and the English players tend to just be spread out based on what mission level they are (there used to be a block that most English players congregated to, but after last year's DDoS it kinda dissipated). What you'll really want to do is find a good Team/Guild to play with.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 2, 2015, 12:11 PM
Is there offline play like in the previous PSO's? that unlocked areas online?

Anduril
Mar 2, 2015, 12:13 PM
No offline at all. PSO2 is a free-to-play MMORPG where all character data is stored server-side.

LordKaiser
Mar 2, 2015, 12:16 PM
To the Opening:

1rst of all you also need a SEGA ID to play and this is the hardest thing to do because of the Japanese Captcha but there's a guide about that around here. You may need a web proxy to access pso2.jp but check if you can enter normally 1rst.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 2, 2015, 12:19 PM
Sorry with bombing you with all these questions Anduril. I also wanted to ask, do you play this with a mouse and number keys or can you play with a controller like in the previous PSO's?

Anduril
Mar 2, 2015, 12:19 PM
To the Opening:

1rst of all you also need a SEGA ID to play and this is the hardest thing to do because of the Japanese Captcha but there's a guide about that around here. You may need a web proxy to access pso2.jp but check if you can enter normally 1rst.
The SEGA ID (https://iway.isao.net/sega/mail_in.cgi?product_name=pso2&siteno=P0&p_siteno=P00010) page doesn't need a VPN or proxy to connect to since it is not under the pso2.jp domain.

Sorry with bombing you with all these questions Anduril. I also wanted to ask, do you play this with a mouse and number keys or can you play with a controller like in the previous PSO's?
Both are options, and can, in fact, be used together; ie. use your sub-palette abilities with your keyboard while moving and fighting using your controller.

reaper527
Mar 2, 2015, 04:18 PM

think of it just like the "offline" mode in pso blueburst (the re-release of ep 1+2 and the new at the time ep4 on pc). in blueburst, they took all of the offline quests and made them single player missions that you had to be online to do (due to the fact that you had to be online to access your character).

just like pso:bb, there are single player quests that contain the game's story mode, but because your character is stored online, you must be online to do it.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 3, 2015, 10:04 AM
I just finished DLing PSO2 from Arks website, it's all in Japanese and when I navigate to a certain screen it asks for my SEGA ID and pass.

What do I do? Someone help me!

DeificEpyon
Mar 3, 2015, 10:25 AM
I just finished DLing PSO2 from Arks website, it's all in Japanese and when I navigate to a certain screen it asks for my SEGA ID and pass.

What do I do? Someone help me!

I assume you're at the login screen on the actual game? You did create an account for PSO 2 correct? The PSO 2 Tweaker is capable of downloading the english patch for you, so you can understand the menus in the game. It's available from Arks-Layer as well.

Edit: OK, I just noticed an earlier post you made. You can't get to the pso2.jp website? As some people stated earlier, you may need to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) in order to load the website.

There was a massive DDoS attack against the PSO 2 servers last year. After it ended, some ISP's (Internet Service Providers) and backbone routes had issues connecting to PSO 2. Sadly for some, they're still unable to connect to this day. You can connect to the server through a public proxy that the PSO 2 Tweaker can link-up with, which is able to connect to PSO 2.

https://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/bluepill/

Click "yes, I accept", then choose "yes" again when asked if you use the PSO 2 Tweaker.

That text in the center of the page with the highlighted text tells you how to configure the Tweaker to connect to PSO 2 with the proxy.

After it's all setup, you can simply just start the Tweaker normally from now on and start the game up.

As for making a SEGA ID, I think you may be able to just make one on their regular sega.jp website, but I don't know for sure. (Can someone confirm?) I made my PSO 2 account on pso2.jp. If you try to do it on the latter, you'll have to setup some kind of VPN to access the website, so that you can create an account on there. Once you can access pso2.jp, you'll probably have to get past a Japanese captcha in order to create an account. This step can take awhile, as you have to post japanese characters within a 3 minute time limit, or the captcha times out and you have to try it again.

There's a Japanese Captcha topic on this website for helping with that: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203925

It also has a link to a registration guide: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236

Hopefully this information helps. If anyone more informed about making accounts can help this guy, please do.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to help as best I can.

Edit: I see you logged off. Well, I hope you got it working. I've got to head out for now, so I'm logging off. Check out those guides if you're having any more trouble. If you have an issue that those guides don't cover, then post here again, and someone will eventually reply to help you.

Also, when you manage to get online, welcome to PSO 2. :)

Oh, right one last thing I forgot to mention. There is the weekly server maintenance going on right now. The servers aren't estimated to go back up until around 3 AM EST. Normally it doesn't last this long, but SEGA started earlier this week. So if you can't get into the game later tonight, that's probably why.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2015, 12:17 PM
Just to clarify, there is no need for proxy or VPN to access the SEGA ID site that is linked in the registration guide.

DeificEpyon
Mar 3, 2015, 12:18 PM
Just to clarify, there is no need for proxy or VPN to access the SEGA ID site that is linked in the registration guide.

Ah, good to know. I couldn't tell since I can connect normally.

In that case he should be fine then. Thanks for the confirmation.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2015, 12:20 PM
Ah, good to know. I couldn't tell since I can connect normally.

In that case he should be fine then. Thanks for the confirmation.
Yeah, it has to do with the fact that the SEGA ID site isn't under the pso2.jp domain, so it isn't effected by the routing/ISP issues.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 3, 2015, 04:23 PM
I just tried to get a SEGA ID on the SEGA ID registration site and I kept getting stuck on the 3rd page where you enter the Japanese text for security, and I kept getting error congestion.

So I would go back and try it again and again and would keep getting the congestion thing, and now I am getting a message that I'm forbidden from the site.

Any help would be nice on what to do next... /sigh

Flaoc
Mar 3, 2015, 04:25 PM
uhh b20 is very much alive again they just sit in b1 now.. but even then b20 is still avoided even though its now empty and back to being a xh block

Chdata
Mar 3, 2015, 04:37 PM
You don't need to buy free to play games.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2015, 05:07 PM
I just tried to get a SEGA ID on the SEGA ID registration site and I kept getting stuck on the 3rd page where you enter the Japanese text for security, and I kept getting error congestion.

So I would go back and try it again and again and would keep getting the congestion thing, and now I am getting a message that I'm forbidden from the site.

Any help would be nice on what to do next... /sigh
You probably got locked out for a certain period of time due to failing the captcha too many times; just try again tomorrow. Also, since the game is down for extended maintenance, it may be effecting new registration. Also, also, I might recommend using a g-mail account for registering the game, if you haven't already, since some other e-mails have issues with receiving messages from SEGA/PSO2.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 4, 2015, 10:32 AM
tried to do registration process this morning and I get this message...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sega/mail_sr.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 5, 2015, 10:29 AM
Still no luck..

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 5, 2015, 10:30 AM
Can someone tell me what this says?

SEGA IDの新規登録お申し込みをいただきましたが、
入力されたメールアドレスはすでにSEGA IDに登録されています。
SEGA IDに登録されていない別のメールアドレスをご使用ください。

★本メールに心当たりがない場合
SEGA ID新規登録ページにおいて、あなたのメールアドレスが誤って入力された可能性があります。
ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが、このメールは破棄してください。

【ご注意】
本メールは配信専用のため、返信してもお答えできません。
お問い合わせは下記で受け付けております。

【お問い合わせ先】
「SEGA ID管理ページ」の「お問い合わせ」よりご連絡ください。
https://gw.sega.jp/

(C)SEGA

Alma
Mar 5, 2015, 10:42 AM
entered e-mail address is already registered to SEGA ID?

CMIIW

Stryfe Lenayus
Mar 5, 2015, 10:48 AM
What about this?

このたびは、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』に
ご登録いただき、ありがとうございます。

お客様のサービス利用登録が完了いたしました。

※ご登録に使用した「SEGA ID」「パスワード」の紛失や
 登録メールアドレスの不備には十分ご注意ください。

※本メールはシステムより自動送信されています。
 本メールに返信されましても、返答できませんので
 ご了承ください。

(C)SEGA

Alma
Mar 5, 2015, 11:07 AM
basically it tell you that user registration was completed.