PDA

View Full Version : Magatsu Update (3/2)

Kiyumi
Mar 3, 2015, 01:18 AM
Attention all! SEGA changed Magatsu.

As copied from http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-3042015/

Magatsu Emergency Quest Changes

The following changes will take place in a future update occurring late March.

The first phase of the Magatsu EQ will be updated under a new name, titled “Manifestation of the Calamity.”
The contents of this quest will not change and will remain basically the same.
This new Magatsu EQ will become pre-scheduled only.
As a result, [Advent of the Annihilator] will end its run — no longer occurring in the future.
This update arriving in late March will add a second phase to Magatsu. You must now clear the first phase to participate in the second phase.

1st Phase Magatsu Adjustments

The 1st phase quest can be completed up to 4 times per ship. After the fourth time, you will no longer be able to accept the quest on the same ship even if you use a different character.
Magatsu will have increased shooting resistance in certain areas.
Magatsu will have increased ice resistance.
Magatsu will have decreased HP on Extra Hard
Magatsu will have boosted 10 and 11 star drop rates on XH
Due to the above changes, an All Skill Tree Reset Pass will be distributed.

I have long been waiting for this moment :D SEGA had to find a way to stop the exploit abusers without punishing the average player and they found a very good solution! The exploiters will no longer be able to gain unfair advantages that they did not earn. Unfortunately the damage has been done.

Magatsu has been ruined for all of us because the change to a scheduled only EQ is a blow that affects everyone. Other than that, there will be no significant changes to those of us who play the game the right way.

Other changes include SEGA's continuing trying to encourage people to play on XH. Boosted 10 and 11* but not 12 I feel like is still missing the mark. They could have done better here by boosting 12* and the units rates. (or decreasing 10* rates on SH)

[Edit] Also free skill tree reset pass! At least something good came out of this.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 3, 2015, 01:25 AM
old news gg get good so we can keep you guys undergeared

Xaelouse
Mar 3, 2015, 01:27 AM
I just hope the EQ is actually good now. Magatsu first phase is as boring as Elder

NexusAZ
Mar 3, 2015, 01:42 AM
The exploiters will no longer be able to gain unfair advantages that they did not earn.

You mean the ability to organize an MPA of competent players?

Yeh, gotcha.

I can't tell if you're just trolling at this point or if you're really just that butthurt.

I mean, if we're going to count BEING EFFICIENT as an "exploit", we might as well throw anybody excels at Time Attacks in the same category... or anybody running any other EQ in an optimal way... or ANYBODY who is actually decent at the game.

You seem to go on about how you feel bad for the players of Ship 02, but I think I would feel even WORSE for the people on your ship.

Bellion
Mar 3, 2015, 01:45 AM
Gotta feel bad for Ship 4 players carrying Kiyumi with his Luther set with less than 60 attack each. ; _;7

NexusAZ
Mar 3, 2015, 01:46 AM
Gotta feel bad for Ship 4 players carrying Kiyumi with his Luther set with less than 60 attack each. ; _;7

60 attack? What are you, some kind of elitist?

n_n
Mar 3, 2015, 01:47 AM
+Vraolet vs boss strats

Kiyumi
Mar 3, 2015, 01:47 AM
I just hope the EQ is actually good now. Magatsu first phase is as boring as Elder

Well Im looking forward to what they come up with for the "phase 2".

This is the final straw for me. Blacklisted.

"final straw" Lol. You cant handle the truth that players like you is exactly the reason why Magatsu appearance rate was nerfed? Guess what. Players like you ruined the game for others. Deal with it. #ohwaitImblacklistedLOL

#late
I didnt see any thread about it?

ArcaneTechs
Mar 3, 2015, 01:48 AM

wow I was honestly expecting full on Zieg gear untouched affixes (or failing the soul and dropping down to just 2 affixes) and +7 units because they're too scared to +10 and waste more money

and you know, did you ever give it thought that the AIS was gonna be 2nd phase for Magatsu or did you all assume they'd be separate? because it seemed obvious from the beginning. of course there was going to be an incoming cap on the amount of Magatsu's you could too so this must have flew over your head

n_n
Mar 3, 2015, 01:50 AM
I didnt see any thread about it?
It was talked about for pages in the "PSO2 29° Live Broadcast" thread.

gj

Alma
Mar 3, 2015, 01:53 AM
those of us who play the game the right way.

so playing optimizations, efficiency, and teamwork are wrong?
welp, i guess i play pso2 wrong all these time... :wacko:

Kiyumi
Mar 3, 2015, 01:54 AM
It was talked about for pages in the "PSO2 29° Live Broadcast" thread.

gj

Oh I cant wait to read the tears! Thanks.

[Edit] Read delicious tears from all the culprits!!
Anyway this thread needed to be made because its a major announcement and not everyone reads the entirety of every thread.

Vatallus
Mar 3, 2015, 01:55 AM
Luther set isn't even bad, but people seem to not understand how good resistance actually is. (insert crafting topic here so you can get a ton of PP you don't even need)

That said... Rekt. I don't really know what else to put here besides that since Sega did this. lol

... Still making a Br/Ra , Ra/Br anyway. Someday, already have Fi/Bo though which is still pretty damn good damage when used right.

milranduil
Mar 3, 2015, 02:04 AM

I figured he used 7* tagami units still.

Rain Walker
Mar 3, 2015, 02:10 AM
I'm not happy with the pre-scheduled thing. Not. In. One. Bit. ffs

wefwq
Mar 3, 2015, 02:13 AM
Well, i don't really care about these changes that SEGA make.
At least i got my free skill tree reset after so long.

Magicks
Mar 3, 2015, 02:27 AM
I don't even mind it going pre-scheduled; sure, it means less Magatsu, but I'm usually on for scheduled EQs anyway since I have school during the day and can't always be on to monitor what EQ happens when.

I'm just sad that I didn't have enough time to dip my hands into the Magatsu changes myself because I was un-optimized. Oh well; 4 runs is still enough to get a decent amount of Excubes.

Vatallus
Mar 3, 2015, 02:43 AM
Only oart I am sad about is... I still need Magatsu's leg unit. Oh well, 4 runs per magatsu not counting part 2 should suffice since I only did random MPA anyway.

emeraude
Mar 3, 2015, 02:46 AM
I don't really mind the changes, at most I could have done 6-7 runs anyway. It's not 'ruined'. If anything it's ruined for those OP called 'tryhards'. I don't even think there's any sort of exploit going on... I'm confused. This announcement could have been done without OP calling anyone names.

Dnd
Mar 3, 2015, 02:55 AM
Im pretty sure sega underestimated the potency of a set of class combinations playing better then their dev team ever does as opposed to it being the players fault

After all, this entire game and everything is created by them and all the tools are under their control. Someones just butthurt they cant join a 200+ cube run I swear.

Limiting the runs is kinda a dick band-aid move aswell as giving it ranged resist (rip gu even more). Making it preplanned only is just terrible idea unless they actually put it in more then once a month like the others >_>;

Natsu Nem
Mar 3, 2015, 03:03 AM
This game is hard. Quick, make more content gated.

aswell as giving it ranged resist (rip gu even more).
LOL
That's Holinka level balancing right there.

Vatallus
Mar 3, 2015, 03:03 AM
None of this is the player's fault. None of this was exploiting either. Dnd pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Certain classes thrown together will shred any boss. Fi/Bo and Ra/Br, Gu/Br, anyone competent with a bow and bow specced WILL shred Magatsu. I can fully understand why Sega is putting a hard cap on Magatsu. There is no reason to punish those that play with randoms who most of the time don't even have the class combos needed to murder Magatsu.

That said people getting 100, 200+ cubes per 30 minute Magatsu block really is breaking the game. Since Sega doesn't want to just straight up nerf Magatsu's drops anymore this is the only other choice they have since they didn't understand how good some teams really are compared to their devs.

Sega wanted to add a repeatable EQs boss and failed hard at it.

Kiyumi
Mar 3, 2015, 03:12 AM
I don't even mind it going pre-scheduled; sure, it means less Magatsu, but I'm usually on for scheduled EQs anyway since I have school during the day and can't always be on to monitor what EQ happens when.

I'm just sad that I didn't have enough time to dip my hands into the Magatsu changes myself because I was un-optimized. Oh well; 4 runs is still enough to get a decent amount of Excubes.
But the JP scheduled ones are like early morning for those of us in the US or Canada. Thats impressive you can join those.

Only oart I am sad about is... I still need Magatsu's leg unit. Oh well, 4 runs per magatsu not counting part 2 should suffice since I only did random MPA anyway.

If anything the drop rates will increase for you. Per run, although if it comes less often...yeah I see your point.

I don't really mind the changes, at most I could have done 6-7 runs anyway. It's not 'ruined'. If anything it's ruined for those OP called 'tryhards'. I don't even think there's any sort of exploit going on... I'm confused. This announcement could have been done without OP calling anyone names.

Its not exactly "ruined", but the appearance rate will be far lower. And yes names needed to be called because there are rude people on this forum who post about how they get 300 excubes during Magatsu and brag about how they are better than everyone else. You can see directly in this thread how those people resort to personal attacks to feel better about themselves. Im not shy to call out others.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 03:17 AM
"final straw" Lol. You cant handle the truth that players like you is exactly the reason why Magatsu appearance rate was nerfed? Guess what. Players like you ruined the game for others. Deal with it. #ohwaitImblacklistedLOL

Are you... really this stupid?

When it comes to game design, an issue like what was happening with magatsu is the fault of developers. They failed at making XH worth the time initially, and lacking foresight to see what the massive influx of cubes would do to player economy. In case you haven't noticed, what SEGA puts where in PSO2 is what makes the players do what we do, and how we do it. Magatsu SH vs XH is like choosing between "do i want several times more money/resources, or do I want 12*s that are likely not as good as 11*s?". SEGA screwed the effort: reward. Players just make the choice of the options SEGA has granted.

Players like him bring these issues to light so shit gets dealt with. Hiding the skeletons does nothing for anyone.

Holinka level balancing right there.

Don't mention that cretin.

Terrence
Mar 3, 2015, 03:26 AM
LOL You all were the first ones to consider this Magatsu 'trick' was an exploit of game mechanics but you used it again and again without giving a shit. And now you say this is SEGA's fault because they fix it ? Easier to spit on SEGA's face instead of facing the truth... You tried your best to break the game but you were screwed. Deal with it. So, this change makes me happy. Not because it is good. Not because it enjoys me. But because it pulls the rug out from under you. GJ SEGA.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 03:34 AM
LOL You all were the first ones to consider this Magatsu 'trick' was an exploit of game mechanics but you used it again and again without giving a shit. And now you say this is SEGA's fault because they fix it ? Easier to spit on SEGA's face instead of facing the truth... You tried your best to break the game but you were screwed. Deal with it. So, this change makes me happy. Not because it is good. Not because it enjoys me. But because it pulls the rug out from under you. GJ SEGA.

1. I'm indifferent of the change. I have more meseta and cubes than I need to spend on any immediate plans, so I really don't care.

2. SEGA failed at giving players decent reason to run XH at all. So yes it is their fault players prefer to do SH because SEGA made it that XH wasn't worth the effort compared to SH. Did players make the content, and the rewards? NO!
To argue otherwise is like saying "it's the players' fault WB is overpowered".

Come on now, this is like 2 + 2. I really can't explain it any easier than this. You've proven yourself a raging idiot in the past, but I really can't spell this out any more for you.

Vatallus
Mar 3, 2015, 03:36 AM

I sometimes wonder how you can breathe. ^^;

Z-0
Mar 3, 2015, 03:37 AM
Somebody is mad they never got to be part of the 200 excube runs. Nobody is going to argue that Magatsu didn't need a nerf (he was extremely broken), but the fix is stupid as it just discourages people from getting better. The fun of Magatsu mostly came out of knowing you were doing well and getting rewarded for your efforts co-operating and strategising. If that's playing PSO2 incorrectly despite it being a team game, well...

Also, just to clear things up, nobody used any sort of "exploits" on Magatsu. All 200 excube runs were legitimate. Just because you weren't part of it doesn't make it wrong.

Atmius
Mar 3, 2015, 03:42 AM
All this means is that magatsu will be even easier to organise, and people with multiple chars will just gear across multiple ships and do 4 per with the same group, for 16 runs an eq.

Sizustar
Mar 3, 2015, 03:50 AM
All this means is that magatsu will be even easier to organise, and people with multiple chars will just gear across multiple ships and do 4 per with the same group, for 16 runs an eq.

It's locked to 4 per account.

Z-0
Mar 3, 2015, 03:52 AM
Not across ships.

Sizustar
Mar 3, 2015, 03:59 AM
Not across ships.

Didn't they also limit ship transfer?

Z-0
Mar 3, 2015, 04:04 AM
No, what you do is have multiple characters on different ships. Since Magatsu will be scheduled only, it will occur at the same time on all ships (or half of them), allowing you to take 5 minutes doing 4 runs on one ship, 5 minutes on another, etc. etc.

Ship transfer is open now I believe.

Xaelouse
Mar 3, 2015, 04:06 AM
So next thing getting nerfed: PBF.

emeraude
Mar 3, 2015, 04:15 AM
So next thing getting nerfed: PBF.
Tech cancelling removed :wacko:

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 3, 2015, 04:23 AM
I must be completely late to the party. There was a way to earn 200 cubes from a Magatsu run? O_O

I think the most cubes i've ever earn from running Magatsu was like 10-13 per 2 full runs =P

Usually my cube collecting EQ's are the TD EQ's specially the third one.

Digital Pain
Mar 3, 2015, 04:29 AM
While I was never a part of an Organised group to run Maggie! ( normally got 4-5 runs with Pug's) I think these changes Sega are introducing are stupid! Why punish groups of people with good organisation? Isn't that kind of the point of PSO 2!? with 12 player mpa's, Aren't people/groups supposed to strive to get better and more efficient.. And how some folks think these organised groups using the right class setups are exploiters really?

I know Sega can't keep the whole player base happy but punishing players who actually take the time and effort to get better and more efficient is silly.. Casual players shouldn't have their hand helds forever.

Z-0
Mar 3, 2015, 04:29 AM
I must be completely late to the party. There was a way to earn 200 cubes from a Magatsu run? O_O

I think the most cubes i've ever earn from running Magatsu was like 10-13 per 2 full runs =P

Usually my cube collecting EQ's are the TD EQ's specially the third one.
Comes from doing SH with an organised MPA setup to kill Magatsu in around 30 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb5G36k11NM

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 3, 2015, 04:40 AM
Ah wow! That's very nice.

I've always done it on XH in random MPA's in B16 that go well for the most part.

On a side note, i've ran TA's with more than a few of the people on this vid I recognize the names =P

and here I thought I was amazing making 300K FUN a month >_<; I usually turn 300K FUN into 50-70M with this "glitch" I could have been at like 1billion already.

I guess I can see why sega decided to remove it (balance it out). Regardless awesome vid and team work.

milranduil
Mar 3, 2015, 04:43 AM
XH until this patch is pointless. Even with current SH pug, you can easily get 100+ cubes.

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 3, 2015, 04:55 AM
Ya that sucks. I don't know why I never thought of going SH on Magatsu. Ever since XH came out that's all I ever run now to be honest. When it comes to EQs and of course when XH is available since not all EQs have XH atm as far as i'm concerned.

JaysonL
Mar 3, 2015, 05:22 AM
Only problem I had was that pubbing was getting annoying as of lately. WB wars increased in frequency. Leading to 6+ members not knowing what to do running around like headless chickens and ultimately, longer runs.

Anyways, I still wouldn't call this a glitch or exploit. Yes, the design was fundamentally flawed but I see this EQ not any different from Vardha, Arms, or Apos. There was nothing limiting you from multiple clears nor the rewards you get from them. Magatsu just had better rewards. But I guess to the point where it was simply excessive. Even with just 4 runs, I doubt any of the other EQs would get you that many EX cubes, Maybe TD? iunno.

On the flip side, one thing that was actually good about this was that it encouraged people to get better. It wasn't telling to become a skilled at the game or anything, just to the point where your character doesn't suck(as much).

jooozek
Mar 3, 2015, 06:27 AM
casual carebears ruining everything as always i see

Xaeris
Mar 3, 2015, 06:34 AM
Personally, I wouldn't say it really encouraged people to get better so much as it encouraged people to get Braver and Gunner leveled. Ultimately, that's why this had to be nerfed: however good the player at the keys/controller is, they can only meaningfully contribute to this method of farming as a handful of class combinations. In a balanced PvE game, you can't have content that encourages players to disregard the existence of half the game's classes.

Still, they could have come up with something less heavy handed than "four runs only."

Z-0
Mar 3, 2015, 06:47 AM
It's very possible to contribute to sub 1 minute runs as any class though. FiBo, BoHu, FiHu, Zanverse (TeGu, TeRa, GuTe), RaBr/BrRa, GuRa were all very good at killing Magatsu quickly. Pretty much anyone would have something that could contribute to belly runs which only took a few more seconds faster than head runs -- there are more strategies than headshot runs.

Only FO is bad at Magatsu, and even then it's not -too bad- with Ragrants spam (or Ilbarta stacks if it's majority FO). Takes like ~40s if you don't suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV7HFZn3kf8

Pretty sure this run here doesn't use Chain.

2ch organises blocks for people to do SH Magatsu on, and the average amount of runs there is 8~12 and those are free-for-all pugs.

Xaeris
Mar 3, 2015, 07:37 AM
Banishing Bow stacking is better than belly running. Well, I shouldn't be telling you, I know you don't need convincing; you always give belly runs second billing when you talk about this. A good player has more playstyle options for belly and, to a slightly lesser extent, palm running, but if the absolute best strategy calls for the exclusion of those options, then that content is encouraging said exclusion.

I look back to my WoW days to see this principle in action. There was a raid tier (several of them actually, I wonder if they ever figured this out) where a few fights could be made simpler, if not trivialized by bringing ranged dps. ...I want to say this was Blackwing Descent. Maybe Icecrown. Whatever. The point is, these fights were perfectly doable in a balanced raid with melee in it, yet, you'd see the top end guilds giving melee the boot to stack ranged and sure enough, that attitude trickled down to the peasantry.

This is what I figure Sega is (poorly) trying to avoid. They don't want their players thinking, "I'll never be more than second best unless I play x class." Personally, I think that's a good goal, even if the execution here was shit, but I can appreciate a difference of opinion on that.

schnee4
Mar 3, 2015, 08:11 AM
hahaha all loser
SEGA use magatu for intended inflating FUN rewards, maybe AC buyer thinked greater incentive..
maybe also more $$$ from abnormal who changed ship for EQ.
new fix all the same, just SEGA sprinkle sugar of baby cry :)

Ordy
Mar 3, 2015, 08:36 AM
Someone should close this thread ... and get the fuck out HnS, no one can read your gibberish.

Achelousaurus
Mar 3, 2015, 08:43 AM
lol
Schneee is actually failry amusing. Gotta say at first I thought he was just a total idiot but now his trolling is getting funny. Kinda like Mr. Bean.

Anyway, This is beyond ridiculous. I rarely got more than 5-6 runs so it doesn#t affect me that much (4XH runs should be fine now) but it's a typical case of sega being sega.
Our game is broken, what do we do?
Tiny fix that changes nothing in the long run and will just piss off a lot of people?
PERFECT!

Probably never ever occurred to Sega to start balancing the builds that allow the kind of damage for 30-40 second Magatsu runs.
Never occurred to sega that this pathetic little fix keeps people from getting tons of Magatsu runs, but the very next time they add a new quest it's just gonna happen again.

Sega also never realizes that it just costs them more money to apply all those halfassed tiny balance fixes and do emergency maintenance instead of sitting down and balancing the game properly.

Sayara
Mar 3, 2015, 09:55 AM
Since the information is also here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227245
and less toxic.

SOmeday I can look to the skies of Shironia and say.
Man Im glad I dont have to worry about locking threads because people are so mean to each other ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽