PDA

View Full Version : All team functions are unavailable on Shared Ships, I.E. challenge lobby and quests

Maenara
Mar 3, 2015, 04:47 PM
gg sega, if that means what I think it means.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 04:54 PM
I think it just means stuff like options for communicating with your team members would be disabled due to some technical limitations within the shared challenge lobby.

If anything, I'm surprised they didn't mention friends list also being out of order within that lobby.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2015, 05:02 PM
Your regular Friends List might be disabled, too, since there does seem to be a Shared Ships Friends List.

Z-0
Mar 3, 2015, 05:14 PM
Shared Ships just sound like Ship 11, Ship 12, etc, except you can access all your characters on them instead of just whoever's on that ship.

schnee4
Mar 3, 2015, 11:42 PM
shared ship have EQ?
magatu hehehe switch ship!

wefwq
Mar 3, 2015, 11:46 PM
shared ship have EQ?
magatu hehehe switch ship!
Didn't you remember that just moving to challenge block will strip all your equipment and level?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 3, 2015, 11:54 PM
Didn't you remember that just moving to challenge block will strip all your equipment and level?

*shudder*

I just had a thought... what if sega epically fucks this up...

I'm going to give it a few days before i set foot in a challenge block.

wefwq
Mar 3, 2015, 11:58 PM
*shudder*

I just had a thought... what if sega epically fucks this up...

I'm going to give it a few days before i set foot in a challenge block.
The only logical step if they managed to make some collosal mistake is server rollback and their typical triboost compensations.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 4, 2015, 12:05 AM
The only logical step if they managed to make some collosal mistake is server rollback and their typical triboost compensations.

The only logical step.

logical

SEGA

I'm not taking my chances.

TaigaUC
Mar 4, 2015, 12:06 AM
Enter Challenge lobby. Set to level 1, all gear and skills gone.
Leave Challenge lobby. Still level 1, all gear and skills gone.

I can totally see this happening. I imagine Maenara did, too.
Also, lack of team functions sounds stupid to me. Then again, so does this shared ships thing.
I don't see a reason or benefit to shared ships for Challenge mode.
I guess they realized they could do it because Challenge mode doesn't save anything, and thought "hell yeah, just throw it in!"

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 4, 2015, 12:08 AM

In that case, I'll use a lvl 1 character I haven't touched because I'm so busy. They all live on ship 2 anyway so it doesn't matter who I use to get those challenge miles.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 4, 2015, 12:11 AM
In that case, I'll use a lvl 1 character I haven't touched because I'm so busy. They all live on ship 2 anyway so it doesn't matter who I use to get those challenge miles.

Oh... will it be account currency like CC, AC , and FUN?

Hell I'll do it on my lvl1 on day one if I could. No risks.

TaigaUC
Mar 4, 2015, 12:12 AM
Unless, of course, the patch wipes your HDD again.
Or the Challenger class overwrites all characters on your account.
Or all the other characters automatically get deleted on joining a Challenge lobby.

With SEGA, none of these are outside the realm of possibility.

Maenara
Mar 4, 2015, 12:18 AM
best case scenario: You get to keep challenger class outside of the challenge ship.

TaigaUC
Mar 4, 2015, 12:20 AM
Or when someone with your name joins a Challenger lobby, your character gets overwritten by theirs.
And I bet anyone caught "taking advantage" of that will get banned.

Macman
Mar 4, 2015, 12:22 AM
Brb making NOL and sitting around cmode lobbies with her.

Maenara
Mar 4, 2015, 12:26 AM
Sega: it has come to our attention that after the patch limiting Magatsu runs to four per Emergency Quest session, it is actually possible to run it five times. As such, the following corrective measures will be enacted:
-All players who run it more than four times in a single session will be permanently banned.
-Applies to players who did so before this announcement.

TaigaUC
Mar 4, 2015, 12:26 AM
I hope the Challenge Mode lobby has chairs so that I can globally lag everyone.

Maenara
Mar 4, 2015, 12:29 AM
I hope it has visiphones so I can lag people by searching names.

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 4, 2015, 12:31 AM
best case scenario: You get to keep challenger class outside of the challenge ship.

If that happened, we would become legend.

wefwq
Mar 4, 2015, 12:53 AM
If that happened, we would become legend.
yfw Challenger class has shittiest stat of all.

TaigaUC
Mar 4, 2015, 06:52 AM
I wonder what happens if you use the Challenge Mode +EXP reward as Challenger class?

Dnd
Mar 4, 2015, 07:03 AM
The worst thing is I'm sat here reading this thread and instead of laughing at the jokes I'm sat here trying to figure out what one is most likely.....

Rehal
Mar 4, 2015, 07:09 AM
I wonder what happens if you use the Challenge Mode +EXP reward as Challenger class?

Can't cause u can't bring anything to challenge lobby (´・ω・`)

Sacrificial
Mar 4, 2015, 07:37 AM
You guys forget that your mag can be deleted and thAt your characters look wil be set back to default.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 4, 2015, 07:48 AM

Each level up: Atk +1 Def +1 Dex +1 HP -10 PP -5

Hey it's called Challenger for a reason :wacko:

untrustful
Mar 4, 2015, 08:43 AM
No joke this happened to me on a private server somewhere in a galaxy far far away.

Achelousaurus
Mar 4, 2015, 09:53 AM

Also, lack of team functions sounds stupid to me. Then again, so does this shared ships thing.
I don't see a reason or benefit to shared ships for Challenge mode.
I guess they realized they could do it because Challenge mode doesn't save anything, and thought "hell yeah, just throw it in!"
Likewise I wouldn't wonder if implementing shared drops for cmode causes shared drops for the entire game.

Brb making NOL and sitting around cmode lobbies with her.
lmao

It probably has no class skills anyway, those are gained in interval area.
So you may be able to use every weapon, but you have nothing but your gear and stats.

Anyway, I think lack of team chat (and maybe friend chat) is cause sega is too lazy to implement cross server communication. Shared ships are probably separate ships from everything else so you cannot talk to your team cause they are on a different ship now.

wefwq
Mar 4, 2015, 10:01 AM
Now that i wonder how "EXP UP for all quest" will works on challenge quest, will it take effect on it or not at all.

Poyonche
Mar 4, 2015, 10:07 AM
Now that i wonder how "EXP UP for all quest" will works on challenge quest, will it take effect on it or not at all.

"Do you know a way to disable EXP boost week/day for challenge quest ?"

"We have to do a special code that takes at least 2 minutes to do."

"Too much works, lets just disable EXP boost week, tell them it was a in order to reduces heavy lag then give them some triboosts so they shut up"