PDA

View Full Version : Tweaker problem, probably... [Solved for now]

Nazuna
Mar 3, 2015, 08:44 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/yWQ3AMK.png[/spoiler-box]

So...yea. I don't know where did I do wrong there. Its been like this everytime there are new patch and always downloading 500-800MB+ of patches while maintenance notes said that the patch is somewhere in 30-50MB. Badly need help .3.

KazukiQZ
Mar 3, 2015, 08:58 PM
Did you ever do the 'Remove Opening Videos' thing? If yes, the Tweaker could be redownloading all of them again due to them not existing in the data files.

And checking my Tweaker, it's also more than what this maintenance update gives which is around 30MB. Mine downloaded update with size of 174MB.

Now, I'm wondering too...=3=

Nazuna
Mar 3, 2015, 09:04 PM
Did you ever do the 'Remove Opening Videos' thing? If yes, the Tweaker could be redownloading all of them again due to them not existing in the data files.

And checking my Tweaker, it's also more than what this maintenance update gives which is around 30MB. Mine downloaded update with size of 174MB.

Now, I'm wondering too...=3=

Well, removing the intro video might makes sense, but 800MB seems overkill for 3 video o3o;

wefwq
Mar 3, 2015, 09:32 PM
Those are badly encoded videos, what did you expect.

Lostbob117
Mar 3, 2015, 09:57 PM
Do you use the large files of the english patch, or maybe the story patch? Those are big files.

Nazuna
Mar 3, 2015, 10:17 PM
Do you use the large files of the english patch, or maybe the story patch? Those are big files.

I use all yes. But I thought Tweaker makes backup of the original JP files upon En patch installs and re-install the backups before checking files for new update.

Lostbob117
Mar 3, 2015, 10:19 PM
I use all yes. But I thought Tweaker makes backup of the original JP files upon En patch installs and re-install the backups before checking files for new update.

Did you use the backup? You might have thought you did, but forgot to set it up. I don't know the specifics for Tweaker, though.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2015, 10:23 PM
Weird, I just updated and only had to download 11MB; running a file check now. But yeah, if you used back-ups, it might be the opening movies.

KazukiQZ
Mar 3, 2015, 10:37 PM
Oh well, sometimes this happens =w=

@Nazuna
What I do each time there's maintenance like this: If there's pop-up saying there's update to be downloaded, I cancel it 1st and then manually restore the back-up(s). Then I proceed with 'Checking for PSO2 Update'.
It's an old habit of mine since before Tweaker got the fancy and easier-to-use update. But, something could be up with backup auto-restore or something else, and manually restoring them could somehow avoid me from the issues.

Nazuna
Mar 3, 2015, 10:46 PM
Oh well, sometimes this happens =w=

@Nazuna
What I do each time there's maintenance like this: If there's pop-up saying there's update to be downloaded, I cancel it 1st and then manually restore the back-up(s). Then I proceed with 'Checking for PSO2 Update'.
It's an old habit of mine since before Tweaker got the fancy and easier-to-use update. But, something could be up with backup auto-restore or something else, and manually restoring them could somehow avoid me from the issues.

So manually like, use the tweaker's option to reinstall the original JP files 1st then proceed to patch? Or there's specific directory that I need to copy and paste the original backup somewhere and put it in the place.

Anduril
Mar 3, 2015, 10:48 PM
So manually like, use the tweaker's option to reinstall the original JP files 1st then proceed to patch? Or there's specific directory that I need to copy and paste the original backup somewhere and put it in the place.
"Restore Backup of JP Files," not "Redownload Original JP Files."

Nazuna
Mar 3, 2015, 11:06 PM
"Restore Backup of JP Files," not "Redownload Original JP Files."

Yea I never used both of the options. Anyway I'll try to use the restore backup option before installing new patch, Thanks everyone.

Sanjifire
Mar 4, 2015, 07:59 AM
I had this issue today. It patched fine last week.