PDA

View Full Version : We can't access the game nor the site from Finland

RikuKH
Mar 5, 2015, 02:23 PM
2 of the 3 of us lost the access completely after the attack thing and we were just recently... maybe about a month ago able to play again, but now it seems to be blocked again.... is there something going on in the servers?

Purucchi
Mar 5, 2015, 03:30 PM
I'm from Finland too. I've had a long break from the game and decided to come back to play, but now I can't get in. Well, previously I had to use the proxy, now I can access the game and the page fine without it, but... I can't log in. And everything is super slow too. Is your problem the same?

Friyn
Mar 5, 2015, 06:51 PM
2 of the 3 of us lost the access completely after the attack thing and we were just recently... maybe about a month ago able to play again, but now it seems to be blocked again.... is there something going on in the servers?

Welcome to the ISP roulette. This month you can't access the game without an alternate method, next month you prolly can. Rinse and repeat.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 6, 2015, 12:29 AM
good
less engleacher

[SPOILER-BOX]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/oh-you-show.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ISP roulet. Apparently, every once in a while, an ISP loses their route to SEGA servers ever since the DDoS last year.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299 if you don't feel like trying to convince your ISP to try to deal with it somehow.

Achelousaurus
Mar 6, 2015, 05:56 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/oh-you-show.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ISP roulet. Apparently, every once in a while, an ISP loses their route to SEGA servers ever since the DDoS last year.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299 if you don't feel like trying to convince your ISP to try to deal with it somehow.
Yeah, I was able to login well after DDoS protection was implemented then one day to the next I couldn't anymore.

And for some time now I can login without proxy again.
As others mentioned before, you could try to ask your ISP about this and maybe they can just throw a switch and it works again. Or not. But worth a try maybe.

Aranoyas
Mar 6, 2015, 06:17 AM
Finnish player here. Who's your ISP? DNA and Saunalahti seem to connect just fine (haven't had an issue with DNA, the connection is flawless to both the game and the site, only tested connecting to the site on Saunalahti). A friend of mine had issues with Sonera. So you basically have three choices; 1. make a new contract with an ISP that doesn't suck, 2. connect via proxy, 3. wait and pray.

EDIT: a friend of mine who just came back from a trip is having issues with Elisa/Saunalahti

:<

RikuKH
Mar 7, 2015, 08:37 PM
Sorry for not replying for a while. Awesome to see other finnish players here. I've had problems twice with DNA now. But the site works again. I'm not sure which providers does my other 2 friends use. I'll ask them later. My other friend never had trouble with the servers and I think he might also have DNA....

now I can access the game and the page fine without it, but... I can't log in. And everything is super slow too. Is your problem the same?

No, we haven't had this problem yet. I mean when we can't access the site, we can't log in. And no slow downs/lag, so I'm guessing you had another kinds of problems.

Aranoyas
Mar 9, 2015, 11:14 AM
*sigh* as of today, I'm no longer able to connect to either the site nor the servers - not even getting a ping through (on DNA). Tried to use my phones and tablets connection (Saunalahti/DNA) via tethering, which were not able to get through either - however my phone is still able to connect to PSO2es servers. Out of three connections I have, none is able to connect to the site / servers. I guess it's hello proxies if this doesn't resolve itself automagically in a couple of days :(

EDIT: none of my friends who are on DNA are able to connect either

Skize
Mar 9, 2015, 11:33 AM
Seems like the route to the server got messed up again. I'm using Charter and I haven't been able to connect normally since yesterday. This ISP roulette is getting kind of annoying lol

RikuKH
Mar 9, 2015, 06:29 PM
Ookay, it doesn't work for me either anymore... It did work 2 days ago for a while.. wait, I'm not sure if I tried the actual game.. but the site did work... and it doesn't anymore. I tried the game too, and it didn't work.

zerojay
Mar 9, 2015, 07:53 PM
I'm in eastern Canada and both of our major ISPs (Bell Aliant and Eastlink) were able to connect directly for at least the last two or three months. Rogers, my cell phone provider, could not.

As of yesterday, I'm no longer able to connect to PSO2 through any of those connections, though it appears that my Montreal-based OVH dedicated server still can, so I guess I'll go through the OpenVPN route to keep my Vita version playable.

silo1991
Mar 9, 2015, 09:42 PM
from mexico i cant log in too since last night , is this the same problem everybody , with the error 249 ?

Purucchi
Mar 10, 2015, 09:25 AM
My ISP is DNA too. This connecting to PSO2 jp server has been pretty bumpy for me. Like, one moment I get in fine and can access the site, then suddenly I can't access the game or the site, then I get on the site but not the game. Now, I'm just sticking to the proxy, since I'm tired of trying to get in without it. That DDoS sure made everything messy.. I haven't tried to connect using my phone, I can connect PSO2es and access the site fine on it though. I doubt that it would help anyway with this.

I sure hope that these problems would just end soon... I'd like to see the day when everyone can just connect to the server with no problem again

Awesome to see other finnish players here.

Yup sure is! Honestly, I felt like an outsider here, when I saw this post it blew my mind away. "OH MY I'm not the only Finnish person here" Haha :-D With this pace we could make our own Finnish player group someday lol