PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Ult mobs weak to fire?

suzaku0zero0
Mar 5, 2015, 11:31 PM
if u take a look at 0:39-0:40 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNYxhDlctY0, you can see a Fo using Fire tech, do you think it means the robots in ult are weak to fire?

Mattykins
Mar 5, 2015, 11:33 PM
These demonstrations are from the same people who show us how hard new EQs are by running in circles with shit gear letting things oneshot them.

Selphea
Mar 5, 2015, 11:40 PM
I thought they went in with 12-13*s during the Maggy and ult Nab demos, although they did do some questionable things like "Zandeon!" *flies aaround, gets comboed after* "kanashii :("

LonelyGaruga
Mar 5, 2015, 11:42 PM
if u take a look at 0:39-0:40 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNYxhDlctY0, you can see a Fo using Fire tech, do you think it means the robots in ult are weak to fire?

I think so, but for completely different reasons. Players play like trash in trailers, they cannot be relied on. Outlined my reasoning before here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3238803#post3238803).

I thought they went in with 12-13*s during the Maggy and ult Nab demos, although they did do some questionable things like "Zandeon!" *flies aaround, gets comboed after* "kanashii :("

They used 11 and 12*s that were going to be implemented in those respective updates for the livestreams. For the trailers for Ultimate Naberius, they used Bio weapons. I forgot what Magatsu's trailer had, but it was either AQ trade-ins or Bio again.

hoangsea
Mar 5, 2015, 11:51 PM
mech = weak to lightning
that's all

Zorua
Mar 5, 2015, 11:55 PM
mech = weak to lightning
that's all

1. Sparzyles are weak to ice
2. Ult Nab mobs are weak to ice instead of fire.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 5, 2015, 11:59 PM
Also, aquatic darkers are confirmed for Ultimate Lilipa. I doubt that both the natives and the darkers will share a weakness.

PokeminMaster
Mar 6, 2015, 12:02 AM
Also, aquatic darkers are confirmed for Ultimate Lilipa. I doubt that both the natives and the darkers will share a weakness.
Oh, were they? Have we seen them in any actual images yet?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 6, 2015, 01:09 AM
Nah, they were datamined for it though. It was the same thing with Ultimate Naberius, there wasn't a single hint of darkers being present in the initial trailer, it wasn't until the second or third trailer showcasing it that they made an appearance.

Not that it's a big deal. It's just the two Wonda and cyclops variants.

oratank
Mar 6, 2015, 01:20 AM
pso1 ult mine weak to lightning right?

PokeminMaster
Mar 6, 2015, 02:38 AM
Well, even on the Normal-Very Hard Mines, the weaknesses varied from enemy to enemy... but yes, Lightning was most common

Ce'Nedra
Mar 6, 2015, 04:04 AM

Depends. The regular Gilchichs for example were weak to fire instead. Ultimate just loves to swap around enemy weaknesses.

Z-0
Mar 6, 2015, 04:35 AM
Ultimate Mines was weak to almost entirely fire in PSO1.

Only exceptions were Sinow Red (Ice) and Baranz (Lightning), if I remember correctly.

milranduil
Mar 6, 2015, 05:16 AM
Ultimate Mines was weak to almost entirely fire in PSO1.

Only exceptions were Sinow Red (Ice) and Baranz (Lightning), if I remember correctly.

Canune (ice).

Z-0
Mar 6, 2015, 05:28 AM
Nobody killed that so doesn't count. :(

Ce'Nedra
Mar 6, 2015, 07:45 AM
Never played FO that much in Mines so I only remembered Gils but yeah, PSO1 ult was a complete mess with elemental weaknesses...and then EP2 adding in Grants and Megid as well for more fun. Kinda wish PSO2 was more like that, guess stuff like LQs and Boosted City EQ are close enough.

GoldenFalcon
Mar 6, 2015, 10:20 AM
I'm honestly okay with Ult Lillipa not being weak to wind... if that means Ult Amduskia will be weak to wind and look super rad

qoxolg
Mar 6, 2015, 12:08 PM
Anyone who casted offensive techs in PSO1 was considered a trash player, because techs did horrible damage in ult and canceled the damage of all other players. Even FOnewearls went the melee route making heavy use of specials.

Z-0
Mar 6, 2015, 12:39 PM
Makes me wonder what PSO2 would be like with Damage Cancel.

Can you imagine?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 6, 2015, 12:42 PM
I'm honestly okay with Ult Lillipa not being weak to wind... if that means Ult Amduskia will be weak to wind and look super rad

That's what I'm suspecting right now.

Ultimate Naberius = fire, weak to ice
Ultimate Lilipa = ice, (presumably) weak to fire
(rest are expectations)
Ultimate Amduscia = lightning, weak to wind
Ultimate Wopal = wind, weak to lightning
Ultimate Harkotan = light, weak to dark
Ultimate Darker's Den = dark, weak to light

By the time Ultimate Darker's Den happens, the planet should have a proper name. Darker's Den is the name of the area, the planet itself is something like ????.

Atmius
Mar 6, 2015, 01:21 PM
Nah, they were datamined for it though. It was the same thing with Ultimate Naberius, there wasn't a single hint of darkers being present in the initial trailer, it wasn't until the second or third trailer showcasing it that they made an appearance.

Not that it's a big deal. It's just the two Wonda and cyclops variants.

Those are lightning weak, which therefore would imply lilipa UQ is wind weak going by the opposing element style of nab UQ (fire darkers, ice enemies).

Xaelouse
Mar 6, 2015, 01:35 PM
There's nothing preventing them from making the native enemies the same weakness as the darkers

Macman
Mar 6, 2015, 02:19 PM
By the time Ultimate Darker's Den happens, the planet should have a proper name. Darker's Den is the name of the area, the planet itself is something like ????.
Darker's Den isn't a planet. It's a wrecked Arks colony turned upside down.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 6, 2015, 03:42 PM
Those are lightning weak, which therefore would imply lilipa UQ is wind weak going by the opposing element style of nab UQ (fire darkers, ice enemies).

There's one way to look at it I guess. Doesn't seem like it'd work very well for other darker categories though.

Darker's Den isn't a planet. It's a wrecked Arks colony turned upside down.

Man, you know what I mean.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 7, 2015, 06:07 AM

Can you imagine?

Oh god...

Sega should just add that to fix Magatsu =w=

milranduil
Mar 7, 2015, 06:13 AM

Can you imagine?

Invincible anga . -.

Poyonche
Mar 7, 2015, 06:40 AM

Can you imagine?

"MISS MISS MISS" *174

Even on Magatsu

Cyber Meteor
Mar 7, 2015, 08:17 AM

Current aquatic darkers are resistant to wind if not hit on weak point (Elder, Hunar, Cyclo/kuklo, Wondas), so i'll heavily doubt they'll be weak to wind. They kept the same weaknesses as standard version for Ultimate darkers, so it'll be probably Lightning and Light.

Also this exactly :

There's nothing preventing them from making the native enemies the same weakness as the darkers

Imo, Wind as a main weakness will be for another planet, let's say for Episode 4 release, we also got bird darkers weak to wind. Besides they are still mechs, made of steel, so Lightning has a great chance to be the main weakness of UQ Lillipa

martinmeegan
Mar 7, 2015, 08:47 AM
I know it won't be this but I'm gonna throw in Ground coming to PSO2 for Ult lillipa. I miss point blank Diga spamming.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 7, 2015, 12:53 PM
Current aquatic darkers are resistant to wind if not hit on weak point (Elder, Hunar, Cyclo/kuklo, Wondas), so i'll heavily doubt they'll be weak to wind. They kept the same weaknesses as standard version for Ultimate darkers, so it'll be probably Lightning and Light.

Imo, Wind as a main weakness will be for another planet, let's say for Episode 4 release, we also got bird darkers weak to wind. Besides they are still mechs, made of steel, so Lightning has a great chance to be the main weakness of UQ Lillipa

Only Falz Arms, Elder, and Hunar (sword only) resist wind, and they resist everything they aren't weak to (though Falz Arms do have no resistance on their weak points). But the idea being presented was that the natives would have the elemental weakness opposite of the darkers. They would retain their lightning and light weakness, and the mechs would be weak to wind (the opposing element of lightning).

How does that not also apply to fire? Fire melts steel, and some of the mechs have clearly demonstrated ice attacks, which is also a shoe-in for fire.