PDA

View Full Version : If you hate gunner and...

AsuravonD
Mar 6, 2015, 02:52 PM
managed to get Anga's 13* tmg to 60% would you use gunner?

yoshiblue
Mar 6, 2015, 02:59 PM
Most likely not, for both aesthetic and functional reasons.

strikerhunter
Mar 6, 2015, 03:08 PM
What Yoshi said.

Dephinix
Mar 6, 2015, 03:10 PM
Hmm, not sure if poll to hate on gunner, or to separate the Gu/Hu from the Gu/Ra, huehuehue,

AsuravonD
Mar 6, 2015, 03:16 PM
I don't hate gunner actually, its more like I want to see how people would respond to such a question instead.

Edson Drake
Mar 6, 2015, 03:37 PM
The design of the 13* weapons is atrocious, but Gunner especially, has a pretty cool camo to take care of that. nevermind it costs 1 billion meseta to get it

But unfortunately it doesn't feel very rewarding to play, even if you can exploit the boss killing usefulness of it. I think the Infinite Fire days were more fun than Elder Rebelion and annoying people with juggling. But at the same, time good riddance on the stylish roll JA.

Vintasticvin
Mar 6, 2015, 04:21 PM
Its not easy being gunnah!

Sgt. Sharina Wize
Mar 6, 2015, 04:33 PM
It's a hard life being a gunner man especially when you don't have Infinite Fire anymore. I miss those good old days of wiping out mobs with easy even before stylish roll JA became a thing.

Neith
Mar 6, 2015, 05:00 PM
No, because I find Gunner incredibly dull. Not even a 13* would change that- it'd just collect dust in the storage :wacko:

hoangsea
Mar 6, 2015, 05:53 PM
just only noobs gunner who spam ER 24/7 and blow mobs out of your melee reach

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2015, 05:55 PM
No, because you'd still have to grind and affix said guns, and fuck that shit.

Macman
Mar 6, 2015, 06:31 PM
During my big Anga farmfest a couple weeks back my group ran across a JP player who threw a huge fit when they found the 13* TMGs.

Personally, I don't -hate- gunner, but I currently find them underwhelming and it'd take two copies of the TMGs to 60 element them for me to seriously consider playing them extensively.

So I guess I vote "maybe"?

Shinamori
Mar 6, 2015, 06:52 PM
I would because, why not? Plus, it would be good for my Gu/Ra character.

schnee4
Mar 6, 2015, 08:36 PM
hahah silly
11*/12*TMG > Areas TMG

Vintasticvin
Mar 6, 2015, 08:46 PM

Teach me how to gunner properly?

Limbo_lag
Mar 6, 2015, 09:23 PM
I'd say it probably depends on a few things, such as the level of your gunner. Test them out first and see if the damage is worth keeping. If you can outdamage your current class, and you don't mind the gunner gameplay, then maybe stick with it.

Personally, I voted no, but thats just my own preference, as I've played gunner to death in the past, and am taking a break from the class.

Gama
Mar 6, 2015, 09:35 PM
i don't hate gunner, i do hate how the main pol makes little sense.

AsuravonD
Mar 6, 2015, 09:45 PM
Given how everyone who has posted thus far were able to give coherent responses, in what way is the main poll lacking?

SHiFT-Di3S3L
Mar 6, 2015, 09:45 PM

Oh good Idea! I'll do that when I start working on gunner! (╯^∀^)╯︵/(。∀。/)

Sparzyle
Mar 6, 2015, 10:44 PM
I only liked GU when S-JA Roll Bonus was buffed enough to make it for a Ranged/Technique Class :7

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 6, 2015, 11:51 PM
During my big Anga farmfest a couple weeks back my group ran across a JP player who threw a huge fit when they found the 13* TMGs.

I can taste the salt from here.

I voted hell no. I like my damage with as little gimmicks/conditionals in the skill tree as possible, especially when the PAs are gimmicks in themselves.

Xaelouse
Mar 7, 2015, 12:27 AM
Ideal TMG > Ares TMG

elryan
Mar 7, 2015, 01:09 AM
Teach me how to gunner properly?

Use Satellite Aim / Elder Rebellion on mobs that cannot be thrown away and during Chain Trigger.

Use Shift Period / Bullet Squall when surrounded by mobs.

Do not use Infinite Fire, instead switch to Assault Rifle's Impact Slider / One Point / Grenade Shell

If Chain Trigger is not available AND you do not have boss aggro, use Assault Rifle's Satellite Cannon.

Maneuver with Dead Approach.

HIT0SHI
Mar 7, 2015, 03:47 AM
Use Satellite Aim / Elder Rebellion on mobs that cannot be thrown away and during Chain Trigger.

Do not use Infinite Fire, instead switch to Assault Rifle's Impact Slider / One Point / Grenade Shell

If Chain Trigger is not available AND you do not have boss aggro, use Assault Rifle's Satellite Cannon.

Noted.

ShinKai
Mar 7, 2015, 04:18 AM
you know it clap your hands?

Anyway, My gunner's in storage at the moment, waiting for the day I can use it and not be super terrible. (I'm a terrible gunner)

I might use those when soloing and bored, but I don't trust myself in a party playing as a gunner, I don't want to be the weakest link when playing with my friends.

I do like playing as a gunner, I just wish I wasn't a terrible one. ;-;

xanthro
Mar 7, 2015, 05:47 AM

I'll note this but I guess my Elder retribution, Dead approach, reverse tap is a bad combo? I have nothing but Zero distance and perfect keep on my skill tree currently. I love gunner but sadly I have had to swap to a more supportive role with Tech/Hu for my bud. (I note that this may not apply to me as I am not much higher then 50 with GU)

Natsu Nem
Mar 7, 2015, 05:49 AM
No, just no. I mastered GU ever since its dark days in EP1 and I can't take GU's designed horribly flawed design any longer.

Why put in all that hard work as a GU just to do an okay job when other classes have much better and easier mobbing and bossing capabilities.

wefwq
Mar 7, 2015, 06:13 AM
Probably no but not because i hate gunner, i just hate leveling another class.

Selphea
Mar 7, 2015, 07:04 AM
*Has Gunner at 75, rainbow race hunter TMGs and rainbow Gunner-usable DBs*

I guess I'm not the target audience of this poll? ^^;

Cyber Meteor
Mar 7, 2015, 08:26 AM
I used to be a Gunner addict, but the playing started to feel to nervous, i got to Ranger when EP3 released and now, i'm enjoying the game more than before and more quietly. But if i ever get those TMG first (if i ever farm Anga lol), since i leveled GU up to lvl 63 to be used as a sub, i'll definitely try them, not changing my playstyle for Gunner anyway. I consider 13* TMG to be one of the best looking 13*(and tmg), the other would be the Double Saber, so yeah.

Dephinix
Mar 7, 2015, 09:01 AM
Diffuse Shell, staple one shot mobbing rifle PA, no gunner uses this? Really?

Kiyumi
Mar 8, 2015, 01:47 PM
GU was the first non-melee class I tried (because it was most similar) and it seems to do far less damage than every other class Ive played. I dont know if I suck or GU sucks, maybe both. I would still use the weapon if it was my strongest though.

HopelessHero
Mar 8, 2015, 02:43 PM
So... I'm a capped Gunner and I find the class really fun to play, and the damage is okay in a normal situation and kickass in specific situations like satisfying multipliers, Showtime or Chain Trigger. Of course I'm definitely not up there with other classes' damage potentials, but I like to think I'm still a reasonably valuable party member.
But... Having read around this forum for a while, I keep seeing the recurring joke that Gunner was horribly nerfed. Was it, like... way better than it is now at some point? I've played this game for two years, but I've only been a Gunner for maybe about half of one.

Cyber Meteor
Mar 8, 2015, 03:04 PM
So... I'm a capped Gunner and I find the class really fun to play, and the damage is okay in a normal situation and kickass in specific situations like satisfying multipliers, Showtime or Chain Trigger. Of course I'm definitely not up there with other classes' damage potentials, but I like to think I'm still a reasonably valuable party member.
But... Having read around this forum for a while, I keep seeing the recurring joke that Gunner was horribly nerfed. Was it, like... way better than it is now at some point? I've played this game for two years, but I've only been a Gunner for maybe about half of one.

It was just the most powerful class along with Braver during super-Shunka days. Basically, it was a Infinite Fire spamming gameplay, this PA was extremely powerful before EP3, you killed mobs in few seconds, and the release of Heel Stab just added a "big group cleaning in one hit" to the list. In short until the release of SHAQ, Gunner was more powerful than Ranger, it's only after the release of SHAQ Photon Art and new skills that made Ranger able to compete again against Gunner. Then came the EP3 Gunner's balancing and their dmg was reduced by a lot (at the very beginning of EP3 it was reduced by half but SEGA changed that to remake them a little bit more powerful), some PA's got buffed, S-roll JA bonus went from a 200% value to 160% to current 110%, so there is also that. I was a Gunner addict during EP2:-P, so i pretty much know how it was before EP3, probably more than during EP3 since i haven't really played that class after seeing the changes made to Ranger.

HopelessHero
Mar 8, 2015, 03:20 PM
It was just the most powerful class along with Braver during super-Shunka days. Basically, it was a Infinite Fire spamming gameplay, this PA was extremely powerful before EP3, you killed mobs in few seconds, and the release of Heel Stab just added a "big group cleaning in one hit" to the list. In short until the release of SHAQ, Gunner was more powerful than Ranger, it's only after the release of SHAQ Photon Art and new skills that made Ranger able to compete again against Gunner. Then came the EP3 Gunner's balancing and their dmg was reduced by a lot (at the very beginning of EP3 it was reduced by half but SEGA changed that to remake them a little bit more powerful), some PA's got buffed, S-roll JA bonus went from a 200% value to 160% to current 110%, so there is also that. I was a Gunner addict during EP2:-P, so i pretty much know how it was before EP3, probably more than during EP3 since i haven't really played that class after seeing the changes made to Ranger.

Oh. That's... kind of deflating. Sucks that I missed those golden days. Wonder if it'll ever be better again.

Good thing I'm leveling Fi/Br in the meantime. \o/

Shunx
Mar 8, 2015, 04:14 PM
I swap between Classes quite a lot, so I have no distinct main class(I only use one character) and I would use it for my Gunner Class if it means keeping up with everything else and killing from a distance.

Bashing ER won't make a difference to me, I'll still use it because it's a decent spread mobbing skill, and all I see is it being bashed because of it's launching with the final hit. If it kills they hey, I'm okay with it.

As for looks if the issue, I already have *Electifinis So I'm good.

Great Pan
Mar 8, 2015, 07:50 PM
No. Hunter master race!

Noblewine
Mar 8, 2015, 08:25 PM
As long as its not a gender specific issue. Maybic.

elryan
Mar 9, 2015, 12:29 AM
It was just the most powerful class along with Braver during super-Shunka days. Basically, it was a Infinite Fire spamming gameplay, this PA was extremely powerful before EP3, you killed mobs in few seconds, and the release of Heel Stab just added a "big group cleaning in one hit" to the list. In short until the release of SHAQ, Gunner was more powerful than Ranger, it's only after the release of SHAQ Photon Art and new skills that made Ranger able to compete again against Gunner.

Yes.

Then came the EP3 Gunner's balancing and their dmg was reduced by a lot (at the very beginning of EP3 it was reduced by half but SEGA changed that to remake them a little bit more powerful), some PA's got buffed, S-roll JA bonus went from a 200% value to 160% to current 110%, so there is also that. I was a Gunner addict during EP2:-P, so i pretty much know how it was before EP3, probably more than during EP3 since i haven't really played that class after seeing the changes made to Ranger.

No...

Sroll JA nerfed from 200% to 110% but many skills except Infinite Fire are doubled in damage.

What does it means? It means:
1. Satellite Aim is now Chain Trigger-able without suffering damage penalty from not performing Sroll JA. Especially if you use Hunter's Massive Hunter + Gunner's Toughness Time skills which allow performing Chain Trigger uninterruptible even when receiving damage.
2. In addition to above points, Elder Rebellion, Satellite Aim and Shift Period now gain damage bonus from Ranger Standing Snipe when performed mid-air because can be performed without Sroll JA.
3. Because Infinite Fire now suck (more or less), Infinite Fire is now replaceable with Assault Rifle One Point / Impact Slider / Grenade Shell for high mobility, longer range mobbing.

tl;dr Gunner becomes better in EP3, just different play-style from EP2.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2015, 12:46 AM
I swap between Classes quite a lot, so I have no distinct main class(I only use one character) and I would use it for my Gunner Class if it means keeping up with everything else and killing from a distance.

Bashing ER won't make a difference to me, I'll still use it because it's a decent spread mobbing skill, and all I see is it being bashed because of it's launching with the final hit. If it kills they hey, I'm okay with it.

Part of the problem is that the animation is long, and most GUs don't kill things with it, where geared melee can put at least 25k into a target without a long attack sequence to do it. Said melee just has to get on target before it gets launched the GU, and their rebellion's head start by virtue of firing range.

The other thing that's hurting GUs are the higher ranged resists on XH/Ult enemies compared to striking resists with the intent to make melee rewarding. The kicker about that is, since IF, and ER have been intentionally left behind in damage to facilitate mid-close range gameplay being more rewarding for GU, they're ideally played like melee, but hit harder by resists. :-?