PDA

View Full Version : Game guard = BSOD?

Skize
Mar 6, 2015, 10:54 PM
So this didn't start until recently, but I'm thinking that it's Game Guard messing with my drivers or something. I've been getting random BSODs from improper drivers to illegal use of the page files. Heck, if I close PSO2 and then shut down my laptop too soon it creates an error, and then my laptop goes to a black screen, where it'll turn off and on repeatedly with nothing showing. It's like my graphics card went out. I had to reset my laptop to factory settings twice now. This also seems to happen only if there's a problem with GG and I don't delete the folder to force it to redownload. Anyone else have Game Guard causing insane problems?

final_attack
Mar 6, 2015, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I did get that kind of problem before on my PC ...... and it magically disappeared (magically appeared out of nowhere too). So too bad I can't help you with that :/

Note : And in my case, I also need to do a file check every time I want to play / done playing. Because if I don't there'll be a Memory error when playing. Even if I did a file check, there's still a chance that error will happened. Forcing the game to close and I had to do a file check again. Happened with or without tweaker. And I'm not using patch too orz

Achelousaurus
Mar 6, 2015, 11:26 PM
GameGuard is well known for all sorts of BS.
It frequently freezes my entire pc for example.

Vatallus
Mar 7, 2015, 02:44 AM
Gameguard is the perfect virus.

cheapgunner
Mar 7, 2015, 09:46 AM
What are the programs I need to close so it doesn't bluescreen? I've been getting bluescreen'd for like 5-6 times now since last night, and I haven't run anything different that I have run for like 5-6+ months and this issue hadn't really popped up rarely if at all? >.>

Skize
Mar 7, 2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I don't understand just how someone could poorly code a program so badly that it BSOD people for random reasons.

@cheapgunner The only thing I can think of is you need to delete the gg folder and have it redownload. That might fix the issue.

TaigaUC
Mar 7, 2015, 05:32 PM
Gameguard is very equals BSOD.

If I recall correctly, companies pay Gameguard a fortune for the ability to destroy customers' lives.

Noblewine
Mar 7, 2015, 05:38 PM
Gameguard is very equals BSOD.

If I recall correctly, companies pay Gameguard a fortune for the ability to destroy customers' lives.

That's stinks. =/
Why do you treat your fans like Shit SEGA..... <.<

LordKaiser
Mar 7, 2015, 06:18 PM
SEGA should change their DRM...

wefwq
Mar 7, 2015, 06:41 PM
It's for "security" measures.
If it can't offer a decent protection against "potential" threat, so that means self-destructing method always used, at least by some who is incompetent to code a better protection.

veraca
Mar 7, 2015, 06:55 PM
On a side note, I got like 3 BSOD in about 2 days trying to play. I went in through the Tweaker to restore GG to default, and after it updated, I haven't had any issues.