PDA

View Full Version : Let's take guesses. How will Sega mess up this update?

EvilMag
Mar 7, 2015, 02:58 AM
Let's take some guesses. here's mine

if you move your character to the shared ship, he/she will be stuck there forever. You have to pay for a ship transfer to get out. 100% tribooster as compensation

oratank
Mar 7, 2015, 03:17 AM
every ship get gray status and sega take c-mode off till next maintain.sega apologise give 100 mile point to everyone

Macman
Mar 7, 2015, 03:17 AM
Going into a challenge lobby replaces all your classes with level 1 challenger classes.

Qualia
Mar 7, 2015, 03:41 AM
Equipping a Nega Photon dropped in c-mode causes everyone in the MPA's game to crash.

Poyonche
Mar 7, 2015, 04:05 AM
When you trade weapons/units/grinders to get something else, you will not get anything and lose all the traded items.

Compensation : 5 miles per account.

Taurus83
Mar 7, 2015, 04:07 AM
probably item will be loss when going to share ship or back to origin ship found out item stored in storage space all gone

Mattykins
Mar 7, 2015, 04:13 AM
A server glitch will erase every single Tri Boost everyone owns permanently

Comp: 1 Tri Boost.

Poyonche
Mar 7, 2015, 04:22 AM
A server glitch will erase every single Tri Boost everyone owns permanently

Comp: 1 Tri Boost +25%.

Fixed for you

Sanguine2009
Mar 7, 2015, 04:28 AM
Mass NOL of anyone who tries challenge mode.
compensation: 1 este pass, affected players are left as is, no server roll back or fixing the losses

Digital Pain
Mar 7, 2015, 05:29 AM
Shared Ships will bring intense load on the servers and blocks will start to disappear, Emergency Maint will ocur that temporarily disables shared ships and Challenge mode. Compensation 1 Tri-boost 100%

Shinamori
Mar 7, 2015, 05:39 AM
^ Probably the most realistic one. In fact, with the exception of disabling C-mode, shared ships would be temporary disabled after a 24 hour maintenance.

Maenara
Mar 7, 2015, 05:59 AM
Shared Ships go down from excessive load, and you can't log in until the shared ship comes back up.

wefwq
Mar 7, 2015, 06:11 AM
Probably something like:
- item pack expansion bought will gone after going back from challenge blocks
- You have to re-equip all of your equipment after coming back to normal blocks
- challenge block crashed numerous time, and they have to disable it for sometime
- name on your blacklist gone for good after coming back from challenge quest

compensation(s):
- triboost 100% x1
or
- triboost 100% x2, free esthe pass x1

Cyber Meteor
Mar 7, 2015, 08:05 AM
Probably something like:
- You have to re-equip all of your equipment after coming back to normal blocks
- name on your blacklist gone for good after coming back from challenge quest

Those two are pretty granted to happen, imo:lol: I'm pretty sure since they are shared ship, bliacklisting inside challenge ship/blocks won't be possible, re-equipement, you already have to do it when switching class which you'll do when getting into Challenge lobby.:-D

EDIT : On a side note, have you even considered Challenge block/lobby/shared ship to be an eleventh server, like a Ship 11? That's my guess about it

Aquanos
Mar 7, 2015, 08:21 AM
what is this shared ships?

Cyber Meteor
Mar 7, 2015, 08:32 AM
what is this shared ships?

Basically, you can play with players from every other ships, but that feature is exclusive to Challenge Quest. Let's say you're a player from ship 2, usually you can only play with players from ship 2, but if you go to the Challenge shared ship, you'll be able to play with players from ship 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10. There will also be challenge blocks on each ship but i don't know if those will be shared.

Terrence
Mar 7, 2015, 08:54 AM
Let's take guesses. How will Sega fuck up this update?
Challenge Mode isn't out yet but we already have bullshit here. :-?
If losing all my characters due to any SEGA's mistake was the price to pay in order to rid this Forum of detrimental bitches... I'd pay it gladly !
Aren't embittered ones like you tired to spit out shit at SEGA's face again and again and again without any argument ? I have mercy upon you.

Keilyn
Mar 7, 2015, 09:08 AM
I think what will happen is that SEGA will not account for the load.

The Combination between those who are logged in for the Arkuma stars in the Ship Competition, combined with the Mixed Ship lobbies, and the many who will play will cause a lot of lag and connection problems...

I feel that there will be a lot of people getting disconnected and perhaps maybe there might be a server crash or two.

Rien
Mar 7, 2015, 09:17 AM
All your inventory items except the one costume you wear disappears permanently upon exiting shared lobby.

Compensation: 1x Tri-boost 100%, 1x Rare 250%

Atmius
Mar 7, 2015, 09:27 AM
Those two are pretty granted to happen, imo:lol: I'm pretty sure since they are shared ship, bliacklisting inside challenge ship/blocks won't be possible, re-equipement, you already have to do it when switching class which you'll do when getting into Challenge lobby.:-D

EDIT : On a side note, have you even considered Challenge block/lobby/shared ship to be an eleventh server, like a Ship 11? That's my guess about it

Unlike the friends list, the blacklist is retained across ships, so I see no issue with blacklist people in the challenge lobbies.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 7, 2015, 10:06 AM
All crafting levels are reduced to level 1 as changing to challenge block is seen as switching ships.

wefwq
Mar 7, 2015, 10:11 AM
like a Ship 11
I'm actually worried about this if those "special blocks" treated this way.
I mean, if there's heavy server load that they don't even know what in the everloving fuck causing that, they tend to disable ship transfer temporarily, so it just like giving a signal that ship transfer cause a lag for ships.
Well, if moving to challenge block are being treated same/similar as "moving to different ship", does that means it'll give server more loads?
I hope they don't fuck it up and somehow decide to disable challenge quest until further fix.

jooozek
Mar 7, 2015, 02:38 PM
SEGA will install linux on our harddrives http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/354/1.0

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 7, 2015, 04:19 PM
Gear permanently disappears from entering and leaving a challenge mode block.

Achelousaurus
Mar 7, 2015, 04:41 PM
Yeah.
In fact I'll wait and see for a few days or a week before doing anything c-mode related.

I fear it's a real possibility that there could be permanent damage and especially the recent Doritos fix proved that Sega may screw up one thing when fixing/implementing another.

TaigaUC
Mar 7, 2015, 05:32 PM
Any compensation is obviously going to be a 100% tri-boost.

Noblewine
Mar 7, 2015, 05:35 PM
The game crashes if you hit the start button on the title screen. *Crosses fingers*
Or you get a lot of error message that prevent you from logging in to play.

otakun
Mar 7, 2015, 06:19 PM
This thread is making me paranoid about c-mode. Might just buy a new character slot so I don't have to worry about messing up my normal characters.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 7, 2015, 10:40 PM
This thread is making me paranoid about c-mode. Might just buy a new character slot so I don't have to worry about messing up my normal characters.

All rewards are bound to character XD

Selphea
Mar 7, 2015, 10:49 PM
You are charged AC for transferring from your current ship to the C-Mode ship.

Compensation: 500 FUN ticket. FUN is more valuable than AC!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 7, 2015, 11:03 PM

Mission accomplished.

Noblewine
Mar 7, 2015, 11:08 PM
Let's celebrate with Nacho and soda!

*The lag causes you to un-equip everything that you have to go into your menu and correct the problem.
*The game kicks you when you hit an enemy
*The lag causes a new PA to be created like Spear hop in PSU that later was named that in PSZ.

untrustful
Mar 7, 2015, 11:32 PM
I predict nothing will happen except normal lag. The kinda lag that you see for magatsu, you'll see for enemies in cmode.

oratank
Mar 8, 2015, 12:15 AM

better make cast for supreme race stats cause we got no mag

Kiyumi
Mar 8, 2015, 01:16 PM
"Tell me about PSOWorld"
"This thread should tell you" *links to this thread*
"Oh I see, so its a bunch of entitled people who incessantly bitch about everything?"
"Yeah pretty much."
"Pleasant."
"Yeah."

otakun
Mar 8, 2015, 01:32 PM
better make cast for supreme race stats cause we got no mag

Made a female cast named C-Tier. ;-)

untrustful
Mar 8, 2015, 01:53 PM
"Tell me about PSOWorld"
"Oh I see, so its a bunch of entitled people who incessantly bitch about everything?"
"Yeah pretty much."
"Pleasant."
"Yeah."

This counts as bitching.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2015, 03:07 PM
"Tell me about PSOWorld"
"Yeah pretty much."
"Pleasant."
"Yeah."

-Bitching about bitching.
-Too stupid to know the difference between entitlement, and expecting SEGA to fail at delivery when it is there job to deliver.

Are we wrong for being jaded?

Hm, let's look at history shall we?

-Server hardware/load causing immense lag
-Free partners being suspected of causing immense lag
-We can't search for multiple affixes from shop because of risk of immense lag
-Blocks crashing
-PSO2 update deleted files from player's hard drives

Kiyumi, shut the fuck up. You're worse than Terrance now.

un1t27
Mar 8, 2015, 03:09 PM
Quit the game if it's such a problem.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2015, 03:14 PM
Quit the game if it's such a problem.

That's not the issue here, white knight.

Better yet, how about you and kiyumi stop posting here if this forum is such a problem?

un1t27
Mar 8, 2015, 04:17 PM
That's not the issue here, white knight.

Better yet, how about you and kiyumi stop posting here if this forum is such a problem?

Keep crying some more please.

The Walrus
Mar 8, 2015, 04:22 PM
Well he does have a point

LonelyGaruga
Mar 8, 2015, 04:30 PM
Keep crying some more please.

Do you have anything useful to say? Don't get me wrong, I don't like this thread. I don't like joking about Sega's incompetence because I don't find it funny. But some people do. So what? Is there somehow something wrong with that? No, not really, that's why I don't post in it. I've got nothing to say. But this. Posts like these, antagonizing people for...what? What did they do wrong, exactly? Nothing, really. So where's your justification in butting in to a clearly for-fun topic with this pointless hostility? Rhetorical question of course, it doesn't exist. If you don't like something, that doesn't necessarily make it wrong. This is one of those cases. What should you do? Ignore it. Plain and simple.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 8, 2015, 04:33 PM
Wait, this was a serious thread?

Dnd
Mar 8, 2015, 04:38 PM
Given segas quite honestly laughable track record with updates, what harm is it being around seeing what they could mess up, if something were going to go wrong.

I mean I donno how its coded nor do i pretend to, but adding XH luther then forgetting to make sure the owl's counter applied its bonuses correctly when its already working on 4 other modes? just screams of really bad testing and QA practices.

Gardios
Mar 8, 2015, 04:47 PM
They probably don't know how to QA efficiently (or, well, at all). Remember, this is the company that had to announce years into the game's lifespan that they've finally started QAing.

Cyber Meteor
Mar 8, 2015, 04:47 PM
just screams of really bad testing and QA practices.

If there was any testing at all:-P. You can also add the Magatsu exploit that took a month to be corrected by SEGA with a banning policy over a week. But here it's a bit different, it's Challenge quest, a very important update, more than an EQ, they'll probably put more effort into the testing like for EP3 release where they actually tested before releasing.

Noblewine
Mar 8, 2015, 07:37 PM
Wait, this was a serious thread?

When I posted I was joking though I know they don't have a good track record when it comes to managing their own game. Honestly, getting upset because of Healthy Criticism is a typical response. Its like talking to someone who loves mainstream anime and gets in your face when you disagree over a simple reason leading to getting into a fist fight over it. =/

Scale of Judgment
Mar 8, 2015, 07:56 PM
When I posted I was joking though I know they don't have a good track record when it comes to managing their own game. Honestly, getting upset because of Healthy Criticism is a typical response. Its like talking to someone who loves mainstream anime and gets in your face when you disagree over a simple reason to where you almost get into a fist fight over it. =/

But you always fight for your waifu if she is defamed, always!

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 8, 2015, 07:59 PM
This thread is fucking gold so please keep this shit going. Reminds me of all the fags that bitched in PSU which had way more issues then this fucking game when it came to update fuck ups x).

Noblewine
Mar 8, 2015, 08:02 PM
But you always fight for your waifu if she is defamed, always!

If I ever played PSO2 I make a male character. I don't care about stats or the outfit. I just use the default clothes. There was a hairstyle I liked and wanted to experiment with and use in-game but my labtop can't handle playing pso2 after my hard drive crashed and wifi shuts itself off.

This thread is fucking gold so please keep this shit going. Reminds me of all the fags that bitched in PSU which had way more issues then this fucking game when it came to update fuck ups x).

I loved psu too but the stuff that happened in-game that was ignored or handled poorly and later on PSP2 (PSP2: Infinity) I had enough. Granted I gave PSZ a chance and actually loved it! Sad the game was short though but the gameplay was fun and challenging. That's all I want in a game. Good game design vs no gamebreaking bugs/likeable character. Graphics should not be an important factor.
This is sega were talking about after all. Who here remembers the incident on PSU where the game devs accidentally added a map that spawned rare enemies every block. It was to test something that was planned to be added in the game later on or a new addition during a current event. The accident caused a uproar and later was dealt with by a reset.

Dugs
Mar 8, 2015, 10:16 PM
Wait, people are joking with some of the things they said? I'm actually fully expecting some of these things to happen, so much that I'm not even going to log on for the first day!

Noblewine
Mar 8, 2015, 10:26 PM
Wait, people are joking with some of the things they said? I'm actually fully expecting some of these things to happen, so much that I'm not even going to log on for the first day!

I was joking and I'm pretty sure other were too. Some of the stuff I meantioned is true though and one of the reasons I'm not playing pso2. =/

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 8, 2015, 11:59 PM

Gear permanently disappears from entering and leaving a challenge mode block.

I wasn't.

I don't trust sega enough after the long list of update hiccups in the past.

I plan to sit out for the first day at least, too. I am legit worried about what they can possibly mess up.

The description of how challenge mode blocks works was something like: "all of your equipment is removed, and your class is set to challenger upon entering a challenge mode block". Any number of things could go wrong as a result of that. Something about a multi-ship-block forcibly removing your gear, and setting your current class is scary when our regular blocks have been known to crash.

As unlikely of a worst-case scenario my post is, it still feels like a possibility, which is what scares me.

Our stuff is server side obviously
Blocks have been known to crash
Servers shit themselves from free partners, multiple crystal breaks at the end of TD/magatsu, and the possible multi-affix shop search

I doubt this multi-ship challenge block will work without a problem. I'm willing to put money on the fact something will go wrong.

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 9, 2015, 12:14 AM
I wasn't.

I don't trust sega enough after the long list of update hiccups in the past.

I plan to sit out for the first day at least, too. I am legit worried about what they can possibly mess up.

The description of how challenge mode blocks works was something like: "all of your equipment is removed, and your class is set to challenger upon entering a challenge mode block". Any number of things could go wrong as a result of that. Something about a multi-ship-block forcibly removing your gear, and setting your current class is scary when our regular blocks have been known to crash.

As unlikely of a worst-case scenario my post is, it still feels like a possibility, which is what scares me.

Our stuff is server side obviously
Blocks have been known to crash
Servers shit themselves from free partners, multiple crystal breaks at the end of TD/magatsu, and the possible multi-affix shop search

I doubt this multi-ship challenge block will work without a problem. I'm willing to put money on the fact something will go wrong.

That's why I'm glad I have a fresh character, with literally nothing at all (they're level 1 in everything and have no MAG) to do this with. And if any of the Apocalypse inducing things we've mentioned really do occur, then server rollback and people lose that day of progress. Then they take away Challenge Mode like they did Black Nyack and fix it.

And for anyone saying SEGA is still too incompetent to do this, imagine people losing all of their precious LAs, outfits, hairstyles, and accessories in addition to their items, weapons, and levels. Do you have any idea how outraged people would be? It would be suicide if SEGA didn't do Server rollbacks.

Noblewine
Mar 9, 2015, 12:59 AM
I was joking but these are good reasons to be worried.

oratank
Mar 9, 2015, 01:01 AM
don't worry sega sure rollback your character but only one condition if you make them believe you are not gaijin.

Noblewine
Mar 9, 2015, 01:06 AM
don't worry sega sure rollback your character but only one condition if you make them believe you are not gaijin.

I'm from Murica so I'm full gaijin. lol

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2015, 01:09 AM

*remembers the reports to claim files on hard drive being deleted*

Imagine if we had to make a convincing email in japanese to get our stuff back...