PDA

View Full Version : There are a lot of small things that SEGA could have done..

Lostbob117
Mar 9, 2015, 06:12 AM
to make the game better. Now, I know you all can name some things that could have been better. However, here's what I'm talking about. Animations and Running Speed for different weapon types.

The animations mainly tie into the run speed for different weapon types. I wish SEGA would make a huge sword, feel more like a huge sword and make it look different than running with say Twin Daggers. Like if they made the run animation go with the weapon type; the game would be cooler. Like say Sword you feel more like a Beserk big guy and Twin Daggers make you feel more rouge like.

Run Speed ties into this too. If they made run speed an actual stat across different weapon types, then you can buff weapons like Sword or Launcher. Not saying they are bad, but to make them more in theme. When you look at the Sword; you might think "Oh I can CC things, and just knock things around". If they made you run slower, they'd be able to allow that kind of buff to swords, and make there be some CD for CC'ing a boss monster. Launchers can get more damage and maybe more range or more knock around. Kind of like Sword; making the weapon types more useful instead of the "Which kills fastest?"

/rant

wefwq
Mar 9, 2015, 06:27 AM
I actually kinda want SEGA to make how male and female has different animation when holding weapons, or at least make it toggleable like how big guy CAST able to swap dashing and running like a peasant fleshbag on esthe.

isCasted
Mar 9, 2015, 06:50 AM
Having different running speed for different weapon types would for sure add a bit more immersion, but then there would be a problem: you could just switch to "faster" weapon if you wanted to run away and then switch back to "slower" one. Not only that makes mechanic somewhat pointless for perfect cases, it creates yet another way to screw over people with worse-than-Japanese connection.

Of course, those problems could be solved. To prevent switch abuse there would have to be switch (or preparation) animations. As for "slow switch because of lag" thing - it's stupid by itself and has to be recoded entirely anyway.

Flaoc
Mar 9, 2015, 07:01 AM
for normal attacks only male and female could have had different animations without any impact on speed or hit count

landman
Mar 9, 2015, 08:38 AM
So, immersion is now better than gameplay? we are already naming ways to circumvent that change, and adding more annoying mechanics so it can't be avoided, to what end? make gameplay more annoying? You have a huge sword and wana walk instead of run? use an analogue controller and walk instead of run. Or go play monster hunter

Achelousaurus
Mar 9, 2015, 08:40 AM
That would be neat. Cause the balance is so screwed already we don't need any more arbitrary reasons to fuck it.

But really, different run speeds depending on weapons is stupid.
We just got rid of this with normal run being faster than double dash.
Now you want it back?
Even if you don't have to do anything, the weapon swapping requires time and with pad ping it's a second and more easily, completely negating the effect most of the time unless you run a long time without any interruption whatsoever.

And during lag weapon swapping can easily take 10 seconds making it not only useless but also quite probably causing a lot of situations where you can't attack at all.

And EQs would revert to earlier where people would dash all the time, leaving non dashers in the dust if they ever took a 10second break to sort inventory or something.
Then you zone out and get neither exp nor items from the bosskill.

We just don#t need more things that end up breaking the game when it's only wornout duct tape and spit holding it together.

Sayara
Mar 9, 2015, 08:55 AM
Casting animations for non cast weapons.
Return to us the foot casting mechgun spells you assholes.

Terrence
Mar 9, 2015, 09:18 AM
Return to us the foot casting mechgun spells you assholes.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Different attack animations for each race and/or gender would be cool indeed.
But the thing I would enjoy would be to glide like a Cast... Without being one !

Sayara
Mar 9, 2015, 09:21 AM
SO what, an outfit with jet thrusters?
Why not allow hover on any X Looks outfit? The human cast outfits (that look ugly as sin btw)

HIT0SHI
Mar 9, 2015, 09:30 AM
Standing animation and running animation to be toggleable between genders.

Kamijou Touma
Mar 9, 2015, 09:36 AM
how about the ability to gift other players items and premium ingame

Lostbob117
Mar 9, 2015, 10:15 AM
Having different running speed for different weapon types would for sure add a bit more immersion, but then there would be a problem: you could just switch to "faster" weapon if you wanted to run away and then switch back to "slower" one. Not only that makes mechanic somewhat pointless for perfect cases, it creates yet another way to screw over people with worse-than-Japanese connection.

Of course, those problems could be solved. To prevent switch abuse there would have to be switch (or preparation) animations. As for "slow switch because of lag" thing - it's stupid by itself and has to be recoded entirely anyway.

So, immersion is now better than gameplay? we are already naming ways to circumvent that change, and adding more annoying mechanics so it can't be avoided, to what end? make gameplay more annoying? You have a huge sword and wana walk instead of run? use an analogue controller and walk instead of run. Or go play monster hunter

I never said walk. I only said go slower than the weapons like Twin Daggers and such. I don't think it would be an annoying add more annoying mechanics. it adds to the gameplay, because it gives more of a feel to uniqueness to a weapon type. Which defines someone's playstyle even more.

That would be neat. Cause the balance is so screwed already we don't need any more arbitrary reasons to fuck it.

But really, different run speeds depending on weapons is stupid.
We just got rid of this with normal run being faster than double dash.
Now you want it back?
Even if you don't have to do anything, the weapon swapping requires time and with pad ping it's a second and more easily, completely negating the effect most of the time unless you run a long time without any interruption whatsoever.

And during lag weapon swapping can easily take 10 seconds making it not only useless but also quite probably causing a lot of situations where you can't attack at all.

And EQs would revert to earlier where people would dash all the time, leaving non dashers in the dust if they ever took a 10second break to sort inventory or something.
Then you zone out and get neither exp nor items from the bosskill.

We just don#t need more things that end up breaking the game when it's only wornout duct tape and spit holding it together.
Like I said, only slower than the lighter weapons. The speeds don't have to be a massive change. the animation may make it seem slower while also staying hardly changed.

Gama
Mar 9, 2015, 10:48 AM
tickets for different standing positions,running animations,normal attacks would be good.

Lostbob117
Mar 9, 2015, 10:53 AM
tickets for different standing positions,running animations,normal attacks would be good.

I wish there was different normal attacks. There is a spot for it even. Wouldn't be surprising if they were considering it.

Noblewine
Mar 9, 2015, 12:07 PM
Fix the lag. Moderate your gamd better.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 9, 2015, 12:19 PM
More animations is always nice. Though, when it comes to attack animations for melee weapons, they'd have to have different hitboxes even if they were the same speed. No sense in, say, a vertical sword swing having the same range as the current, horizontal swings. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just won't be purely cosmetic in the way standing/running/tech animations would be.

I never said walk. I only said go slower than the weapons like Twin Daggers and such. I don't think it would be an annoying add more annoying mechanics. it adds to the gameplay, because it gives more of a feel to uniqueness to a weapon type. Which defines someone's playstyle even more.

Like I said, only slower than the lighter weapons. The speeds don't have to be a massive change. the animation may make it seem slower while also staying hardly changed.

Yeah...no. It's an unnecessary and unwarranted nerf to heavy weapons. There is no reason to make them walk slower. Try the inverse, buffing the walking speed of smaller weapons. Though this is something that hardly matters since you automatically sheathe your weapon after taking a half dozen steps or so.

Macman
Mar 9, 2015, 01:11 PM
I want interesting quests. What happened to all the zany shit PSO had you do like voluntarily jumping into an untested shrink machine, being a stunt double for a movie, or playing a terrible board game around the forest?

landman
Mar 9, 2015, 01:29 PM
I want interesting quests. What happened to all the zany shit PSO had you do like voluntarily jumping into an untested shrink machine, being a stunt double for a movie, or playing a terrible board game around the forest?
Quests that people do once and never again, like the Gesture trial where you have to communicate between Lilipas. How many times have you skipped that trial? :P

Noblewine
Mar 9, 2015, 01:30 PM

I agree about the board game but it was fun if you could get others to play. Or the soccer game on the topnfloor.

Lostbob117
Mar 9, 2015, 01:48 PM
More animations is always nice. Though, when it comes to attack animations for melee weapons, they'd have to have different hitboxes even if they were the same speed. No sense in, say, a vertical sword swing having the same range as the current, horizontal swings. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just won't be purely cosmetic in the way standing/running/tech animations would be.

Yeah...no. It's an unnecessary and unwarranted nerf to heavy weapons. There is no reason to make them walk slower. Try the inverse, buffing the walking speed of smaller weapons. Though this is something that hardly matters since you automatically sheathe your weapon after taking a half dozen steps or so.
This is another thing I was thinking about, but obviously didn't post. Due to forgetting, but you reminding me of it. What if some weapons didn't sheathe, like Talis, Jet Boots, etc. Instead you use jet boots as roller blades.

Lax
Mar 9, 2015, 02:13 PM
Clenched Fists

Kiyumi
Mar 9, 2015, 02:17 PM
You want people to run slower because you think it looks better?

If anything, we need a sprint toggle that costs PP so we can run faster. But if you want to move slowly by all means be my guest.

Lostbob117
Mar 9, 2015, 02:19 PM
You want people to run slower because you think it looks better?

If anything, we need a sprint toggle that costs PP so we can run faster. But if you want to move slowly by all means be my guest.

No, I want to feel as if I'm actually carrying a huge sword to fit a theme. Instead of, you know, all the weapons seem the same in running.

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 9, 2015, 02:26 PM
Clenched Fists

I'm gonna one-up you here. Fingers that can move, allowing way more hand animations.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 9, 2015, 02:40 PM
No, I want to feel as if I'm actually carrying a huge sword to fit a theme. Instead of, you know, all the weapons seem the same in running.

That can be accomplished by simply changing the animation. You don't actually need to have people slow down to accomplish that. Just have the character look like they're exerting themselves more than normal.

Lostbob117
Mar 9, 2015, 02:41 PM
That can be accomplished by simply changing the animation. You don't actually need to have people slow down to accomplish that. Just have the character look like they're exerting themselves more than normal.

True, but if you slow them down, you'd be able to buff the weapon types in other places. Like I've said in the first post.

Macman
Mar 9, 2015, 02:50 PM
Quests that people do once and never again, like the Gesture trial where you have to communicate between Lilipas. How many times have you skipped that trial? :P
Only in a hurry. Egg and mineral collection though...

LonelyGaruga
Mar 9, 2015, 03:05 PM
True, but if you slow them down, you'd be able to buff the weapon types in other places. Like I've said in the first post.

Not really. First you'd need to make it so that walking speed matters. If you walk slower, then Step is faster travel (it already is for sword anyway). If you run slower with the weapon sheathed, you can just switch to a different weapon. If you make it so that weapons aren't automatically sheathed after walking for a bit, then there's no reason not to sheathe it if you want to run somewhere.

And then you have to balance things so that the speed debuff actually warrants buffing sword in other areas. As things are, sword already has a massive disadvantage in terms of its Step speed. It's several frames slower, which is way more meaningful than the balance changes you're suggesting. More importantly, why can't Sega do these buffs without harming walking speed here? It isn't always necessary to nerf an aspect of a weapon to buff other aspects. That's exactly the case here.

Way too many people thinking they know how to balance games here. Really should restrict this kind of talk to just aesthetics.

Jim
Mar 9, 2015, 03:14 PM
There are a lot of small things that SEGA could have done..

Wasn't that the working title for PSO2?

K.O. Kazjivo
Mar 9, 2015, 04:30 PM
Why are katanas placed on the rump rather than the side (like in real life)? The adjustment would be good.

Meta77
Mar 9, 2015, 05:06 PM
putting the game on console, bumping the graphics engine a bit, textures on feet. make the toes seperate, many things could be fixed for pso3. one year

HeyItsTHK
Mar 9, 2015, 05:14 PM
Scratching in bulk. One scratch at a time is nonsense. Let me do 10 at a time or something gosh.

Also choosing and removing multiple client orders.

It's the little things, man.

Edson Drake
Mar 9, 2015, 05:24 PM
Why are katanas placed on the rump rather than the side (like in real life)? The adjustment would be good.

Knuckles are taken off, Jet Boots don't stay, you have to wear/take them off every single time!

K.O. Kazjivo
Mar 9, 2015, 06:17 PM
Knuckles are taken off, Jet Boots don't stay, you have to wear/take them off every single time!

Wrong context. A katana already has to sheath after use. The current katana is placed at the rear of a player rather than the side which is very unusual.

KazukiQZ
Mar 9, 2015, 06:26 PM
^Some katanas are not real katana (rapier, broadsword, shieldsword type) so these can't be placed at the side. But I do agree some katana with real katana characteristic (Agito, Sange, Yasha, Kenei, OrochiAgito, etc.) do need this nice change of placement.

Great Pan
Mar 9, 2015, 07:23 PM
Ability to put up the middle finger.

Edson Drake
Mar 9, 2015, 08:01 PM
Wrong context. A katana already has to sheath after use. The current katana is placed at the rear of a player rather than the side which is very unusual.

No... it's far worse with knuckles/jet boots. With katana at least, when you attack you have the right stance(you hold the saya on your belt). And some of the weapons are huge and it makes sense placing them on your rear for running, like mentioned above.

Now, imagine yourself practicing boxing: everytime you punch, you put your gloves on and 3 seconds after you take them off, only to put them on again. Same with jet boots. But I get your point, if only we could get all of these fixed to our tastes. At least the other weapons are fine.

not going to comment on clipping since that would be beating up a dead horse

ca25nada
Mar 9, 2015, 08:47 PM
A queue for joining full blocks instead of having to spam "E UP ENTER ENTER"

red1228
Mar 9, 2015, 08:56 PM
A queue for joining full blocks instead of having to spam "E UP ENTER ENTER"

Or Premium Users could fill the Premium Space in blocks thats reserved for them, before they start taking up the non-premium space.

Infinity Series
Mar 10, 2015, 04:53 AM
fix bow attack animation pl0x

Achelousaurus
Mar 10, 2015, 05:52 AM
putting the game on console, bumping the graphics engine a bit, textures on feet. make the toes seperate, many things could be fixed for pso3. one year
Not just the feet.
The costume/skin texture are super low res and it looks especially ridiculous when the game runs in 1920x1080 that I get "pixels" the size my characters' eyes.

I just want a proper upright pose.
Something other than this ridiculous JoJo style buttkiller pose.
Either mai waifu looks like has the ass of a little boy or she looks like she is practically living at Kentucky Fried Rappy.

And a way to make your butt stick out without making it also wide at the same time would be nice.

I.e. I want a sexy butt on my waifu without her looking fat.

Or Premium Users could fill the Premium Space in blocks thats reserved for them, before they start taking up the non-premium space.
Yeah, that would be awesome.

Scratching in bulk. One scratch at a time is nonsense. Let me do 10 at a time or something gosh.

Also choosing and removing multiple client orders.

It's the little things, man.
This was mentioned by Sega and will be done.
As well as desynthing 10 discs at a time.
10. I'd rather appreciate if we could desynth all discs in the inventory.

And I'd really, REALLY appreciate if we could hand in quest items from the storage. Makes it so much easier to please Franka. Not to mention Faina.

Chdata
Mar 10, 2015, 08:39 AM
They could've made the new run speed have ninja running.

I hope SEGA some day does something to fix the fact that inventory maintenance in this game makes me quit the game for almost half a year at a time, periodically.

Dnd
Mar 10, 2015, 08:46 AM
There are alot of small things thats sega could have done.....

Like actually QAing and testing the game properly before launching updates which are game breaking

landman
Mar 10, 2015, 09:31 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://oi57.tinypic.com/690znb.jpg
http://oi57.tinypic.com/690znb.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Macman
Mar 10, 2015, 02:20 PM
Making Amduscia TA not a pain in the ass to platform with the ep3 running speed.

Drifting Fable
Mar 10, 2015, 03:12 PM
Making Amduscia TA not a pain in the ass to platform with the ep3 running speed.
^ The primary reasoning as to why I believe the speed increase was a bad idea(shocking coming from me, da?). Sure they addressed the skill gap between dashers and non-dashers, but there's still nearly 2 years worth of content before that wasn't at all designed around this speed buff.

Seeing how weapon sheathing and running, premium space, idle poses have already been mentioned, I guess I'd like to see changes to the weapon pallet system. Sure Sega said no on more weapon pallets, but what about a system where one weapon type doesn't need to take up like 2-3 weapon pallets? I'm only able to specialize in about two weapons as most and still not able to use everything I want to.

But perhaps that a little too large of an order, something smaller would be why in the world does accessory placement not have a rotation option? Never mind how the sliders can only shift an item only a painful few centimeters, but no rotation option? Sega why? :-?