PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Maintenance 03/11/2015 (Wednesday)

Manta Oyamada
Mar 9, 2015, 01:42 PM
Maintenance Details

Date: 03/11/2015 (Wednesday)
Expected Time Duration: 09:00 ~ 17:00 (JST)
Expected Game Patching Time: 11:00 (JST)

PC Details

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=5518

Game Launcher Version: Version 03.00.02
Client Version: ver. 3.0402.0
Update Size: 1.2GB

Vita Details

Client Version: 3.18
Game Update Size: 414MB

Expected New Contents & Changes

Episode 3 Hotfixes
Challenge Quest Mode (Challege Lobby and Shared Ships)
Reduced Meseta Costs for 12★ grinds.
Partial relaxing of the maximum grind risk for 12★
New 13★ Weapons (Challenge Mode Exclusive)
New 12★ Weapons
Mining Base Defense: Despair XH Expansion
The Pitch Black Province XH Expansion
Magatsu Emergency Quest Revamped
Scratch AC Winners Design 2 side B
Episode 3 Deluxe Package Contents (3/19 Pre-patch content)

Z-0
Mar 9, 2015, 01:44 PM
I'd like a source on Magatsu EQ being changed, as SEGA stated it would be in late march. I think whoever wrote the "expected content" list is jumping the gun a bit.

un1t27
Mar 9, 2015, 02:04 PM
I'd like a source on Magatsu EQ being changed, as SEGA stated it would be in late march. I think whoever wrote the "expected content" list is jumping the gun a bit.

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/korean.gif

Shadowth117
Mar 9, 2015, 02:50 PM
What's that quote again? "Don't hate the player, hate the game."?

Yeah. The game is set up to allow monstrous amounts of single target DPS as it is now. And its SEGA's own fault entirely. They've had numerous chances to correct the issues here, but they've just dug themselves deeper and deeper. And so now we have combos like wb+chain+one point+zanverse+ラストネメシス/final nemesis which from a developer's perspective likely shouldn't exist as they do at all.

...but the fact is that they do. That in combination with a lack of motivation to perform well in most areas of the game leaves us with this ridiculous community split of people who shun innovation and skill since they can get by "well enough" with the creative and crazy, if often less efficient, builds that the game also by the same logic allows them to make.

So basically you have people who dislike each other for the same reason because the game isn't providing focus one way or the other.

Edit:
So on topic, looking forward to seeing how c mode pans out regardless of how it goes. The game really needs more going for it though. I'm sincerely doubting my attention is going to be held too long unless there's a lot more than 1 quest to go through and I've had trouble finding the desire to do much more than weekly tacos already for months now.

Edit 2: I see the posts about the Magatsu "exploit" have been deleted now. But for those who didn't see them, I'm sure you can guess exactly what my initial statement here was about.

Taurus83
Mar 9, 2015, 08:23 PM
1.2GB prevent me to play at that day

wefwq
Mar 9, 2015, 09:23 PM
So much for not allowing predownload, good job segoy

TaigaUC
Mar 9, 2015, 09:48 PM
R.I.P. SH Despair. I'll miss you ;_;

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 9, 2015, 10:32 PM
Edit 2: I see the posts about the Magatsu "exploit" have been deleted now. But for those who didn't see them, I'm sure you can guess exactly what my initial statement here was about.

In a nutshell:

Some people saying their goodbyes, and trying to milk SH magatsu while it twas still good.

Valid complaints about magatsu being schedule-only.

A couple of fools who think it's player's fault magatsu is getting nerfed, when SEGA's game designers just fail at balancing rewards:time/effort ratio, and lack foresight.

.Jack
Mar 9, 2015, 10:57 PM
R.I.P. SH Despair. I'll miss you ;_;

I doubt it. 1 SH Despair followed by 1 XH I can see it being the norm in this update running with randoms. Or maybe 2 XH with a good organized MPA.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 9, 2015, 11:42 PM
Farewell LQ aka potentially the only reason why population been so high....

#ByeByeExperience

oratank
Mar 9, 2015, 11:50 PM
ais power scale on difficult nothing gonna ruin xh 2 run if use it wisely (especially timing to photon cannon) but mostly refuse to pilot it.they love to save them to last wave .so random mpa gonna suck it (´・ω・`)

Rehal
Mar 10, 2015, 01:10 AM
Yes gotta save AIS for dat epic beam on last gold rush

ShinMaruku
Mar 10, 2015, 01:21 AM
In a nutshell:

Some people saying their goodbyes, and trying to milk SH magatsu while it twas still good.

Valid complaints about magatsu being schedule-only.

A couple of fools who think it's player's fault magatsu is getting nerfed, when game designers just fail at balancing rewards:time/effort ratio, and lack foresight.
Fixed.
There are very few designers who will ever get balance down. Funnily enough one group is sega but they don't make VF anymore. But any of the online action rpgs? They all fuck up. I mean I weep for some people on DFO.

Digital Pain
Mar 10, 2015, 04:18 AM

According to Bumped the Excube Dispenser changes will indeed be late march, so not this update.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 05:25 AM
That being said though, there was a load of bug fixes for Magatsu anyway so he stops doing stupid stuff like eternal walk after knee break, warping upwards when recovering, etc.

Also a good organised MPA probably won't touch XH. You need 70+ to even play it, and chances are if you're levelling you won't be 70+ (if doing levelling MPA), and SH can do 3 runs which will probably not be possible in XH (but who knows since the quest is just AIS carry for the most part), which is most likely more monies overall since TD weapon drops are impossible to get, I swear. _(:3」∠)_ Despite doing countless 4/5-runs, I've only found like 3 or 4 in my entire life!

Achelousaurus
Mar 11, 2015, 05:40 AM
Wow, that's nice.
I can't even remember a Magatsu run that wasn't riddled with bugs like this.
Especially irritating when he gets up and down repeatedly cause the game cannot decide at which phase he is.

I doubt it. 1 SH Despair followed by 1 XH I can see it being the norm in this update running with randoms. Or maybe 2 XH with a good organized MPA.
I wouldn't count on beating the XH one with randoms though.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2015, 05:33 PM
Not sure where to put this.

One of their bug-fixes indirectly nerfed Magatsu runs. No matter how fast/slow you break the leg, he can only fall when he gets this far in:

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/gz2pZ/5ed6b2f7b7.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Kind of stupid but whatever. Lose a few runs because of it. :/