PDA

View Full Version : Cmode soontm, let's chat while waiting

Lostbob117
Mar 10, 2015, 07:35 PM
So how have you guys been doing on PSO2? I got 80S-Atk from affixes on my sword now.

Also, who's gonna play cmode right away? Sadly, I cannot due to exams.

The Walrus
Mar 10, 2015, 07:36 PM
Not gonna bother playing it until I can tear my friends away from MonHun :/

Lostbob117
Mar 10, 2015, 07:37 PM

Break their DSs. Problem solved.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 10, 2015, 07:39 PM
MH4U is pretty damn good, yeah.

Honestly, I can't fault your friends for not wanting to come back.

Sega isn't really...well, doing a good job of handling their game right now.

In terms of how I'm doing in the game?

Eh, not really finding a whole lot to do. I could level, but man, does it just feel tedious and unrewarding.

Dnd
Mar 10, 2015, 07:40 PM
Been sat playing market star online two while waiting for boost week so I can actually affix and do the stuff i've been wanting to do for awhile now.

Now im kinda even more bored with pso2 being down ~.~

The Walrus
Mar 10, 2015, 07:43 PM
Break their DSs. Problem solved.

B-but they're some of my only friends that I can actually play MonHun with...

MH4U is pretty damn good, yeah.

Honestly, I can't fault your friends for not wanting to come back.

Sega isn't really...well, doing a good job of handling their game right now.

I can't really fault them either...it's just that they play it almost all the time...it scares me ;_;

Shunx
Mar 10, 2015, 07:52 PM

I can't really fault them either...it's just that they play it almost all the time...it scares me ;_;

It'll only get worse.

OT: Currently waiting on a new laptop since mine broke almost a month ago.

Lately I've just been playing Smash and Contest Hall in Pokemon AS since their's not much else to do these days.

LordKaiser
Mar 10, 2015, 07:54 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Va0LdCc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I could not get it since the economy on ship #2 is beyond trash now. A costume that usually goes for 500k - 2 million getting this high... This costume looks good and it's white (this ship has a fetish with the color) but do not merit the 7m. I think that I'll wait for the re-colored lines.

Noblewine
Mar 10, 2015, 07:55 PM
bored and watching King of the Hill. Also saw the commercial for Zelda: Majoras Mask that the narrator can't pronounce Link name right. Lunk! XD

Shinamori
Mar 10, 2015, 07:56 PM
Well, I bought a 7s Lightnig rod and I'm gonna tempt to add 140+ t-atk.

I could not get it since the economy on ship #2 is beyond trash now. A costume that usually goes for 500k - 2 million getting this high... This costume looks good and it's white (this ship has a fetish with the color) but do not merit the 7m. I think that I'll wait for the re-colored lines.

Tell me, about it. On ship4, a tech v 6s weapon fodder is 5M. On ship 2? 31M with elder soul.

Kisai ~ きさい
Mar 10, 2015, 07:58 PM
I remember a few people saying how Sega might screw this up, and there might be a glitch where we won't get our level and equipment back when we return to the normal lobby, so I'm a little unsure about trying it out right away...

How the hell did you get 14 million meseta? o_o

Lostbob117
Mar 10, 2015, 07:59 PM
I remember a few people saying how Sega might screw this up, and there might be a glitch where we won't get our level and equipment back when we return to the normal lobby, so I'm a little unsure about trying it out right away...

You do Dailies and Klotho's COs and you get it pretty easily after 3weeks? Not sure on the exact time.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 10, 2015, 08:07 PM

Well, I'unno, I can put it down when I have to. But in terms of games like this...Monster Hunter is really the best right now, unless you really really like Sci-fi more than the weird low tech/high tech hybrid you get in MH, which while really neat, can be really off-puting. Especially with how clumsy a lot of the weapons in the game are purposefully made.

It helps that MH is actually rewarding.

schnee4
Mar 10, 2015, 08:10 PM
b20 = b01 = bpsow
pleased stayed one location
not want spread cancer
:)

yoshiblue
Mar 10, 2015, 08:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqFS3YyyY08"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqFS3YyyY08

Zorua
Mar 10, 2015, 08:25 PM
Wonder how exactly the shared ships are going to work. Like, do we all just pile into them, will there be organization, and will new players be able to join them? Anyway, seeing people from other ships should be pretty interesting.

wefwq
Mar 10, 2015, 08:51 PM
Good thing maintenance last when i going off to work.
Can't wait to get back to home and try cmode run.

Asellus
Mar 10, 2015, 08:54 PM
I played MH1, MH2 and MHG on the psp before I played it online for two years. I like the series and it was loads of fun but it became very tedious and boring because of how the community played it. It was so much more fun on the psp over x link kai.

GHNeko
Mar 10, 2015, 09:00 PM
+40'd my talis today. only 3 more 11*s to +40 in the mean time.

also managed to pick an official outfit for my team so we can wear it together when we play Team EQs and MPAs and shit.

outside of that, I havnt been doing too much.

I tend to spend a lot of time studying the game as I play it, on top of babysitting members in my team and just fostering a friendly-positive environment while encouraging minmaxing so people can have hold their own outside of the team and have fun while not being shitters.

HeyItsTHK
Mar 10, 2015, 09:03 PM

You're impressed by 14 million?

GHNeko
Mar 10, 2015, 09:08 PM
If they dont play dailies or XQ/TACOs, then yeah its reasonable.

Most of the daily CO money comes from SH on top of that, so if they're not regularly playing on SH, that double explains it.

Every new player I come across freaks when they hear, "oh man i spent 500k on XYZ." or "I just bought this unit for 1.2mil; pretty good deal." because sub-SH meseta rewards are pretty lack luster.

The only high paying sub-SH daily is VH Bal Rodos imo.

Skyly
Mar 10, 2015, 09:11 PM
Dat new tweaker file checking system tho. AMAZING

untrustful
Mar 10, 2015, 09:46 PM
Dat new tweaker file checking system tho. AMAZING

Yes it's simply amazing.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 10, 2015, 09:48 PM
If they dont play dailies or XQ/TACOs, then yeah its reasonable.

Most of the daily CO money comes from SH on top of that, so if they're not regularly playing on SH, that double explains it.

Every new player I come across freaks when they hear, "oh man i spent 500k on XYZ." or "I just bought this unit for 1.2mil; pretty good deal." because sub-SH meseta rewards are pretty lack luster.

The only high paying sub-SH daily is VH Bal Rodos imo.

Quoted for truth. *Salutes*

LordKaiser
Mar 10, 2015, 09:54 PM

How the hell did you get 14 million meseta? o_oI had 34 million but because I was grinding 12* weapons now I'm poor.

Vintasticvin
Mar 10, 2015, 10:11 PM
I'll be looking forward to reading all the Q.Q. of their day one horror story of how their character got all screwed up and expect the mods to fix the error or something.

oratank
Mar 10, 2015, 10:27 PM
I'll be looking forward to reading all the Q.Q. of their day one horror story of how their character got all screwed up and expect the mods to fix the error or something.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.troll.me/images/thumbs-up-jesus-says/hey-cool-story-bro.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dnd
Mar 10, 2015, 10:32 PM

True story if the pso2 mods didnt fix anything screwing with peoples waifus the game would probably die overnight considering c-mode is the only true new bit fo content in forever it seems

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2015, 10:35 PM
The most I had at once ever was 84mil.

The vast majority of it is in the... 17 4s modulator units, 4s soul receptor units, 3 power boosts, a bunch of modulator 4s weapons, a bunch of soul receptor 4s weapons.

Other expenses included buying two dances, a hairstyle, and prepping weapons.

I'm down to 30mil atm, though I probably could be around 50 mil if it werent for the extra stuff.

I know for a fact I have more modulator units than I should need, and I made them at half the price people buy them for, so... I still have more meseta than I need, though I'm still a peasant at the same time.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2015, 10:49 PM
pretty disappointing that people are buying into all these idea's of Sega messing up from that other thread, the hysteria pretty dam bad.

Kisai ~ きさい
Mar 10, 2015, 10:55 PM
How the hell are you all so rich? o_O My record high right now is around 12 million, and that's because I got lucky with some AC scratch.

No way could weekly TACOs and daily orders make you that rich... @_@;

I would kill to have that much meseta.

Dnd
Mar 10, 2015, 10:56 PM
pretty disappointing that people are buying into all these idea's of Sega messing up from that other thread, the hysteria pretty dam bad.

Nah, I think most of it is tounge in cheek given segas track record. But that being said, I remain skeptical that everything will go to plan, ill still play c-mode however on day 1

Edit: Im sat on 16 million atm, but have about 90mills of stuff worth selling and brought a ton of stuff ready for boost weeks. Tacos and xqco's 3 times a week helps alongside dailys. AC stratch rarely when i have left over AC buying premium and the rest is down to luck, really.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 10, 2015, 11:02 PM

Took me a hour to not want to play the game. Loved 3 but so far the beginning of 4 is boring as shit.

Maenara
Mar 10, 2015, 11:11 PM

You would have to be a special kind of stupid to believe that Sega wouldn't adequately compensate and repair any damage caused by bugs related to this.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2015, 11:15 PM
How the hell are you all so rich? o_O My record high right now is around 12 million, and that's because I got lucky with some AC scratch.

No way could weekly TACOs and daily orders make you that rich... @_@;

I would kill to have that much meseta.

Getting lucky. Doing TACOs. Making fodder (though I'm no jack in that regard. He has over a billion meseta because he plays the market harder than the game itself. I'm not kidding about that last part. Think about it :p). Occasional market play, like buying certain tickets that are likely to be a hit, sitting on them for months, and then sell (I missed far more opportunities, than I milked though. QQ dance20 QQ braided updo).

Way back when I sold XQ runs when people wanted weapons, and passes were limited supply. I was a bit late on the XQ sale gravytrain, but I think I made like 13mil running a group of 3 from floor 1-60 twice with my passes, or was it 13mil each time... Either way, I coulda've made twice as much if I done it months earlier I think.

Just the other day, I untekked a 10* katana from aquatic darkers XQ. 6s flict arma. It actually sold for 8mil. The 5s sold for close to 3mil.

I also remember when the 10* media set was new with quarry (it was, and probably still is the unit set to use for tech users that just want power). Got a red ecode quick, and got the... back I think it was. There was only 3 on ship 2's shop, including mine at the time. At first it was 50mil+, but the fools decided to undercut by something absurd like 6 mil intervals every few hours. Ended up only making 16mil from that. They're nowhere near that much now.

The stories go on.

The one thing I will always lament about are grinders being minimum price now. I hear within the first year of the game, people bought grinders for ~15k per. When I started, they were 7k per. Getting a 3 day pass and selling off a few hundred (I was poor in more ways than one) was like xmas. I'm sitting on around 6k grinders now because they're so common, and so worthless. Could still make 6mil if I sold them all, but that's just desperation, and I really don't feel like policing, and re-listing them in the player shops.

I've also taken to investing in things with resale value. For example, instead of getting bio katana, I stuck with susanoguren until something new came along. I then resold susanoguren for about 20mil (I spent quite a bit more on it last year around this time, but it was tolerable because quartz white day farm). The point is, I got back a good portion of the money I put into it. Might not work so well with 13*s now though.

FUN scratch is a good money maker depending too. You can get a shop, grind risk reductions should be at least 30k, and you get them in sets of two. Occasional fun scratch hairstyles can be a few hundred thousand if they're decent (or even millions months later).

Superia
Mar 10, 2015, 11:17 PM
You would have to be a special kind of stupid to believe that Sega wouldn't adequately compensate and repair any damage caused by bugs related to this.

In the event that people actually did make it out of challenge mode while preserving the challenger class, I'm pretty sure that unless it was a ton of people, they'd just get banned for abuse instead of having their characters fixed.

I haven't given it much thought, but there are many scenarios in which people are more likely to end up banned than helped, should the problems not be wide-scale.

Dnd
Mar 10, 2015, 11:21 PM
I hear within the first year of the game, people bought grinders for ~15k per. When I started, they were 7k per.

Yeah, it was around christmas 2013 they started dropping, iirc on ship7 i sold about 300's worth at 17k each at their peak (I could only hold 99 moving ships, afterall). Then they made grinders drop like candy from normal mobs and towers came out and ended up completely crashing them ;;

cheapgunner
Mar 10, 2015, 11:26 PM
I have 50 mil atm and that's mostly form TACOs and XQs and daily orders. I have 4 characters on my account, so making some moolay isn't too hard but time consuming. I'd play the market and make fodders but making fodders and playing the market isn't something i know how to do ( might do it sometime later though ).

Maenara
Mar 10, 2015, 11:31 PM
In the event that people actually did make it out of challenge mode while preserving the challenger class, I'm pretty sure that unless it was a ton of people, they'd just get banned for abuse instead of having their characters fixed.

I haven't given it much thought, but there are many scenarios in which people are more likely to end up banned than helped, should the problems not be wide-scale.

They will be wide scale. Everyone will be doing C-mode. The only people that won't are newbies and those few who've convinced themselves that Sega won't generate really bad PR by not assisting with issues they failed to test for.

---
The most I've had at once is 45m. I generally make a couple million meseta per day but I typically spend it as fast as I get it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2015, 11:34 PM
Yeah that's the other thing: having multiple characters... something I don't do because I don't have the attention span for more than one character, and more than one set of TACOs in a small window of time.

In short; too lazy. I'd fall asleep in the middle of my 2nd go at nab1 TA.

Only reason I got over 80mil meseta at once is because the game was stagnant for like a half a year after last year's white day, and I'm really picky with my phashion star.

Flaoc
Mar 10, 2015, 11:35 PM
its very hard to convince me to even do 1 taco set due to how bored i get during it

ArcaneTechs
Mar 10, 2015, 11:57 PM

I'm saying that all the idea's that people came up with are somewhat being taken too serious, I didn't word it right but I wasn't trying to say Sega wouldn't mess up somehow, that no doubt we can count on but I don't think it would be this severe, either way, free Tri again for compensation

Nah, I think most of it is tounge in cheek given segas track record. But that being said, I remain skeptical that everything will go to plan, ill still play c-mode however on day 1

Well I'm not doubting something would go wrong, at the same time, something like resetting your main/sub class to Lv1 is something i think wont happen

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2015, 11:57 PM
its very hard to convince me to even do 1 taco set due to how bored i get during it

Well they're weekly now. I can't make that excuse anymore.

Kisai ~ きさい
Mar 11, 2015, 12:35 AM
Just the other day, I untekked a 10* katana from aquatic darkers XQ. 6s flict arma. It actually sold for 8mil. The 5s sold for close to 3mil.
You know, I've never cared about rare drops before. Whenever people in my team discussed rare drops, I could never relate. If an EQ happened, and it wasn't Falz, Darkers' Den, Motherbase, or Tower Defense, I'd pass because I wanted EXP. If it was any other EQ, I'd be like, "What's the point?" and the others would be like, "Rare drops!" and I'm like, "Those are never happening for me... I just want levels and meseta."

But hearing that? Now, for the first time, you've actually made me care about rare drops. If it's something really good, maybe I could sell it...

I wish I could do TACOs more often, though. ;_; I'm too nervous to do them with strange Japanese players, because if they find out I'm some American, and can't speak English, I'm afraid they'll try to report me, or something.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 11, 2015, 12:36 AM
Well I'm not doubting something would go wrong, at the same time, something like resetting your main/sub class to Lv1 is something i think wont happen

We're talking about the same game that updated and ended up deleting stuff off of people's hard drives.

And while I don't think anything of that magnitude will happen again...I'm waiting before I play C-mode.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 11, 2015, 12:40 AM
We're talking about the same game that updated and ended up deleting stuff off of people's hard drives.

And while I don't think anything of that magnitude will happen again...I'm waiting before I play C-mode.

still doubt it man, im not gonna be paranoid like everyone else is about C-mode issues that may or may not happen. Sega can always re-load the backup saves in an emergency maintenance if that happened so im not worried about it.....unless they spilled coffee on the back up HD's with the most current saves.... then we can freak out

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2015, 12:44 AM
I wish I could do TACOs more often, though. ;_; I'm too nervous to do them with strange Japanese players, because if they find out I'm some American, and can't speak English, I'm afraid they'll try to report me, or something.Tacos are all soloable. I do it all the time. What level are you?

yoshiblue
Mar 11, 2015, 12:48 AM
Kondibon, our mystical 3* wonder, teach me your ways.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 11, 2015, 12:49 AM
still doubt it man, im not gonna be paranoid like everyone else is about C-mode issues that may or may not happen. Sega can always re-load the backup saves in an emergency maintenance if that happened so im not worried about it.....unless they spilled coffee on the back up HD's with the most current saves.... then we can freak out

Honestly, considering what happened, I can't call it paranoia. There's a precedent for them messing things up. Part of me wonders if they even have extensive back-ups. They didn't bother with a Q/A team for a while, and only formed one after repeat issues.

Either way, in the end, I have plenty of other games to play. Monster Hunter 4U is still awesome, and Episode 3 of Resident Evil Revelations 2 dropped around midnight. Even if I was in a rush to play PSO2 [ha] I have plenty of things to keep me busy.

Kisai ~ きさい
Mar 11, 2015, 12:54 AM
Tacos are all soloable. I do it all the time. What level are you?
I can't solo anything. ^_^;; I'm not that good, and I'll NEVER be high enough of a level. Not to mention, I never follow any of the deeper strategies and tactics of the game.

Kisai's level 69, and I'm desperately trying to get her to 70 for XH. Mayolis's highest level is with Braver at level 50, with Bouncer at level 38.

I've got 2 other characters, but I haven't used them much.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 11, 2015, 12:57 AM
I can't solo anything. ^_^;; I'm not that good, and I'll NEVER be high enough of a level. Not to mention, I never follow any of the deeper strategies and tactics of the game.

Kisai's level 69, and I'm desperately trying to get her to 70 for XH. Mayolis's highest level is with Braver at level 50, with Bouncer at level 38.

I've got 2 other characters, but I haven't used them much.

Have you tried looking for an English speaking Team to be a part of? What ship are you on?

For the record, there's a section of the forums for player match up. Could look there.

EDIT: Here's the link. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2015, 12:59 AM

I've got 2 other characters, but I haven't used them much.Eh? That should work. You don't need fancy leet strats or anything to get S ranks on them. The only thing you might have problems with is the SH taco, the rest should be a cakewalk at your level, even if you just use ex1 gear and hiei units.

I can show you what to do solo if you want.

oratank
Mar 11, 2015, 01:07 AM
may be paranoid or doesn't but waiting one day don't lose anything :cool:

Gwyndolin
Mar 11, 2015, 01:23 AM
People are being so paranoid about challenge mode patch deleting characters, gear, setting off nuclear bombs, and its just so dumb!

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 11, 2015, 01:23 AM
People are being so paranoid about challenge mode, deleting characters, gear, setting off nuclear bombs, and its just so dumb!

Yupppppppppppppp!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2015, 01:29 AM
You know, I've never cared about rare drops before. Whenever people in my team discussed rare drops, I could never relate. If an EQ happened, and it wasn't Falz, Darkers' Den, Motherbase, or Tower Defense, I'd pass because I wanted EXP. If it was any other EQ, I'd be like, "What's the point?" and the others would be like, "Rare drops!" and I'm like, "Those are never happening for me... I just want levels and meseta."

But hearing that? Now, for the first time, you've actually made me care about rare drops. If it's something really good, maybe I could sell it...

I wish I could do TACOs more often, though. ;_; I'm too nervous to do them with strange Japanese players, because if they find out I'm some American, and can't speak English, I'm afraid they'll try to report me, or something.

Not much communication required when you know what to do, and you know what they're going to do by just watching them move. I do TACOs with japanese players if need be. Do them enough, and you won't need to say or understand a word; just actions, and movement.

Kisai ~ きさい
Mar 11, 2015, 01:46 AM
Have you tried looking for an English speaking Team to be a part of? What ship are you on?

For the record, there's a section of the forums for player match up. Could look there.

EDIT: Here's the link. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18
Er... as mentioned earlier, I am part of a team. ^^; Although, I rarely see them doing TACOs, and I'm too afraid to ask because if they're not doing any, I assume they can't do them yet. And I'm on Ship 10. Also, I didn't know about that board for player match ups. That's pretty neat. ^_^

Eh? That should work. You don't need fancy leet strats or anything to get S ranks on them. The only thing you might have problems with is the SH taco, the rest should be a cakewalk at your level, even if you just use ex1 gear and hiei units.

I can show you what to do solo if you want.
I have no idea what "ex1 gear" and "hiei units" means... ;_;

But that would be neat. A guide for solo would be pretty interesting, or even for doing them with other people, since I'm still not entirely sure what to do during TACOs. To be honest, I just kinda follow everyone else. During the Naberius TA, in the snow section, I just manage the buttons in the middle. But I'm always following everyone else, since they know what to do and, well, I don't. ^^;;

That brings me to this point...

Not much communication required when you know what to do, and you know what they're going to do by just watching them move. I do TACOs with japanese players if need be. Do them enough, and you won't need to say or understand a word; just actions, and movement.
As I mentioned, I have no idea what I'm doing, so doing TACOs silently with a group of Japanese players isn't really possible either...

Yupppppppppppppp!
Yup.... puh-puh-puh-puh-puh-puh?

Enforcer MKV
Mar 11, 2015, 02:02 AM
Er... as mentioned earlier, I am part of a team. ^^; Although, I rarely see them doing TACOs, and I'm too afraid to ask because if they're not doing any, I assume they can't do them yet. And I'm on Ship 10. Also, I didn't know about that board for player match ups. That's pretty neat. ^_^

Sorry, I'm half asleep as it is, I thought you said you were on ship ten, don't recall the team though. My fault. Still, might be a good idea to look around, there's all sorts of sources to help. Plus doing them on normal should be fine. You just have to get the pattern down.

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2015, 02:09 AM
I have no idea what "ex1 gear" and "hiei units" means... ;_;

But that would be neat. A guide for solo would be pretty interesting, or even for doing them with other people, since I'm still not entirely sure what to do during TACOs. To be honest, I just kinda follow everyone else. During the Naberius TA, in the snow section, I just manage the buttons in the middle. But I'm always following everyone else, since they know what to do and, well, I don't. ^^;;

Extend level 1, and hiei units are some 9* units you can get from the first episode 3 matterboard.

Following people is actually not the best thing to do in TAs since they usually require splitting up. I can show you how to do them all, once the servers are back up, if you want. My ID is Konditori (I think, it's been forever since I checked). If you can't find that search for Milla Minn instead.
You can also add me on skype if you want.

Terrence
Mar 11, 2015, 03:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8giRN8R.png

Not bad for a first time. Well, not really. We have to HURRY. (PS - Not a single bug...)

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2015, 04:13 AM
500 points for 15 minutes.
360 runs for 180000 points.
15 minutes per run = 90 hours.
90 hours = a week if you play 12 hours a day.

500 points = 1x3000 EXP.
2000 points = 1x15000 EXP.
500 points in 15 minutes, x4 = 2000 points.
15000 EXP per hour.
For comparison, Hans' 60 enemy kill orders give around 30k EXP, for SH.
IIRC Team Orders give 12k from around level 60 onwards.

Correct me if I messed up.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 11, 2015, 08:47 AM
That was a failed run. A successful run should be 1500 points minimum.

Vintasticvin
Mar 11, 2015, 08:58 AM
True story if the pso2 mods didnt fix anything screwing with peoples waifus the game would probably die overnight considering c-mode is the only true new bit fo content in forever it seems

I meant people posting on here thinking the forum mods can fix their waifus. Or some other dumb ignorant crap.