PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Quests Post-Patch Thoughts/Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

nathanielzor
Mar 11, 2015, 04:44 AM
I don't know why there isn't one of these already so yolo. Everybody post their opinions, tips, etc, in regards to the new challenge quests.

Seems like its strongly encouraging teamwork, which is a nice thing. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to make more friends because the casual japs keep dying and ruining the VR in my MPAs. ):

Kisai ~ きさい
Mar 11, 2015, 04:52 AM
I was this close-- *holds up fingers* --to making a thread. But screenshots take priority with me.

I kinda like how it feels like its own separate game. Like, I don't have to worry about what level I am, or who has better rare items than me, or better techs/PAs. It really does feel like a great leveller. Like, imagine a classic beat-em-up game, and you're with your friends about to play some multiplayer, and it's one of those oldschool games that doesn't save progress, like Contra or something. You just push "Start" and you begin. It really does feel like its own game kinda, and I like that. It'll be a great distraction when I want to get away from the stress of rare drops, gaining EXP and meseta, etc.

Rain Walker
Mar 11, 2015, 04:59 AM
Skip bosses which u can skip O3O/

final_attack
Mar 11, 2015, 05:03 AM
Cougar is indeed super strong ....... multiple players killed in 1 sword sweep ._.
I wonder if people didn't trade for units at all at Interval Area.

Bellion
Mar 11, 2015, 05:09 AM
You level up faster thanks to party exp bonus and you get mile point bonuses for being in a party!
Yeah, better get some friends and run this.
Also, finding a Twilight Rune and Nafoie = boss slayer. You feel so OP!

Xaeris
Mar 11, 2015, 05:17 AM
The rng determines quite a bit of how your experience is going to go. I mean, the recycle shop allows you to always salvage your luck into something serviceable, but a run where you find something useful like Homing Emission early on is just always going to go better than the ones you don't.

landman
Mar 11, 2015, 05:26 AM
Drops are shared the whole mission, right? except for heal items maybe?

Xaeris
Mar 11, 2015, 05:27 AM
Items that drop from enemies are exclusive to you, as they've always been. Items that players drop are unique and free for anyone else to pick up, though there'll only be one to pick up. You can tell the difference by the very distinct shine that player dropped items have.

landman
Mar 11, 2015, 05:36 AM
I could have sworn a weapon disappeared in front of me with no distinctive shine, but maybe I didn't see it right.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 05:39 AM
A very easy and cheap setup is - rifle - one point - pp on attack regen increase - vinc units

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 05:52 AM
The quest itself is incredibly awesome and I wish more quests like this would get made. Hand crafted stuff is so much more enjoyable than the random circles that make up the majority of the game.

Also if you get 630'd from the shared ship, you can't log back in. _(:3」∠)_ Keep getting Error 632 or something.

Rakurai
Mar 11, 2015, 05:59 AM
Has anyone actually finished the entire quest yet?

Best I've managed was reaching the control device for the infected gunships in mission 4, where you have to deal with the Fang duo whilst you try to complete the rest of the quest.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 11, 2015, 06:01 AM
Get units. Also pay attention.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 06:05 AM
I'm playing with random japanese and lol... the amount of deaths is awful.

Agastya
Mar 11, 2015, 06:08 AM
The amount of deaths to Cougar is embarrassing. I personally just dive into the tornadoes first thing if my drops give me anything decent to fight the lilis with.

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2015, 06:12 AM
Sounds like people are enjoying it. Guess I'll give it a try when I'm not feeling sick.

Lostbob117
Mar 11, 2015, 06:13 AM
Can't wait to get home.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 06:19 AM
There is a jump pad behind the tower in the cougar fight you can use to skip him. Only reason to even bother with him is hoping the rare box gives something good.

Asuka~
Mar 11, 2015, 06:25 AM
Can't wait to get home.

I can relate. I want to slip class and go home... Another 4 hours left till freedom.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 06:27 AM
Still can't get past Mission 4, the deaths in random MPAs are too real.

milranduil
Mar 11, 2015, 06:33 AM
I'm a bit disappointed how much this depends on 12 people not sucking... people dying to dicahdas and shit like come on...

wefwq
Mar 11, 2015, 06:34 AM
Fuck, even VR energy are full people still picking VR charge 30% instead of killing all neraby enemies first, it's kind of waste of energy.

Rakurai
Mar 11, 2015, 06:53 AM
I imagine the Fang duo is going to be the major roadblock for most groups.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 06:56 AM
Still havent passed the Fangs yet because people like to die.

Maenara
Mar 11, 2015, 06:57 AM
Furthest I've gotten so far is the area in the fourth mission where you have to find all the switches to turn off the darkness trap.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 06:58 AM
I wonder if the red box from Cougar can give weak bullet lol, it gave me trap search once.

Rakurai
Mar 11, 2015, 07:06 AM
I got Elemental PP Restorate Field.

Which is more or less useless for obvious reasons.

Bellion
Mar 11, 2015, 07:09 AM
There are people that still trigger the trap that spawns Mizer which only wastes your time AND prevents you from getting a reward. I don't get what's so hard about jumping over 2 slow as heck lasers.

final_attack
Mar 11, 2015, 07:12 AM
Mangaed to get past Fang duo ...... with randoms ..... once.

After that, failed just after Interval. Right (Rockbear) + Wolga (Left). Managed to kill Rockbear, and can't get past Wolga.

Sanguine2009
Mar 11, 2015, 07:13 AM
really really enjoying it. glad it cant be cheesed like the rest of the game or at least not as much

Dephinix
Mar 11, 2015, 07:22 AM
Items that drop from enemies are exclusive to you, as they've always been. Items that players drop are unique and free for anyone else to pick up, though there'll only be one to pick up. You can tell the difference by the very distinct shine that player dropped items have.

I'm pretty sure it's shared drops for Challenge Mode, and that was even said ahead of time in the broadcast.

sol_trigger
Mar 11, 2015, 07:23 AM
our mpa did well @ cougar but when we encountered dou fang bitcther
it was like

http://strat-talk.com/forum/attachments/sidewinders-bar-grille/59443d1359423731-anyone-ever-wash-their-gig-bag-face_scared_yao_ming.png

wer fucking dead bros

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 07:27 AM
Drops are not shared. Unless you drop them yourself. only thing shared is the mile stones. Wouldnt mind finding a mpa that doesnt suck.

Stickboy
Mar 11, 2015, 07:34 AM
well my game froze upon entering the friggin' shared lobby

help

final_attack
Mar 11, 2015, 07:38 AM
Area map after Fang duo should anyone wondering.

A6 is Wolga, C6 is Rockbear (Barbar Lilipa Sniping you from above the cliff). Failed on Wolgahda.

I'm glad I love R-Atk type.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/gvK0c/0544fdb04b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shinamori
Mar 11, 2015, 07:50 AM
So, who's gonna upload CM music? :V

Dephinix
Mar 11, 2015, 07:54 AM
The main thing in that mission is that people aren't splitting up evenly, or at all, and fail tremendously. Definitely want to try again with item trans working and mpa.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 07:56 AM
Managed to actually get a bow with master shot this run! ... still failed to Fang Bros. Curse you MPA!

Lyrise
Mar 11, 2015, 07:59 AM
Area 5 is absolutely nuts. You have to decide between splitting up, or going back and forth left to right. I made it through 85% of m5.

And for anyone wondering, there's an even bigger mileage reward on completion.

Also another tip: near the end of area 2, there are 2 switches with 2 boxes. You can only pick one. Left is VR enegy, right is a Challendoll. For the sake of your entire team, get the doll, not the energy, because its very very easy to get trolled on Moon Atomizer drops (or lack of them)

Aine
Mar 11, 2015, 07:59 AM
I wasn't really paying attention but I think we got up to Mission 7 before TD3. Our glorious leader is having connection problems at the moment so we'll try again when he gets to a netcafe...

Rakurai
Mar 11, 2015, 08:07 AM
I thought there was only five missions.

Dnd
Mar 11, 2015, 08:07 AM
been playing it with team members in 6~8/12 mpa's and its insanely fun. got to area 5 once as we streamline and get lucky with drops and all...

And nothing seems to be messsed up either, i take my hat off to sega, im impressed

Lyrise
Mar 11, 2015, 08:12 AM
I thought there was only five missions.

There's only 5 missions. But there are 7 areas, 2 are interval rest stops.

landman
Mar 11, 2015, 08:13 AM
Question: are low lvl RA still underpowered? because, so far, the parties that sucked the most were the ones full of people using rifles...

Lyrise
Mar 11, 2015, 08:15 AM
Homing Emission is still as strong as ever. You can also find a skull sorceror rifle in there too, just to add to the rampage a RA can cause. Chances are, they never bothered to upgrade their weaponry.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 08:24 AM
We forced a Grand Cross on me at the first interval area in my party, and compared to everything else it is OP as fuck. If you're playing MPAs, I recommend trying to get 3 or so users with them.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 08:24 AM
imo RA is the best thing if you actually upgrade your gear besides those dual blades

Shinamori
Mar 11, 2015, 08:26 AM
2.4k miles after about 5 none finished runs.

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2015, 08:29 AM
well my game froze upon entering the friggin' shared lobby

help

Freezing is usually the result of patch failing somewhere.
Do a file check and hope it fixes it.

Stickboy
Mar 11, 2015, 08:49 AM
not sure where to post this, but

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/gvNgN.jpg[/spoiler-box]

what the hell is this error

Maenara
Mar 11, 2015, 09:14 AM
Shared Ship's full.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 09:15 AM
Literally full. Every single block is 90-100% prem full. I somehow got into b450 when picking it at 100% full.

wefwq
Mar 11, 2015, 09:15 AM
How do you guys managed to beat 2 fangs after code destruction, damn they're such a waste of time.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 09:16 AM
I haven't managed to beat them yet. Haven't found a MPA that is good enough yet. Last run I managed to get Grand Cross and full Vinc set with my own supplies and was bashing on one of the fangs... still failed.

Stickboy
Mar 11, 2015, 09:19 AM
well that ruined my day, 'cuz i thought it told me to not bring over anything other than my costume, so yeah

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 09:20 AM
well that ruined my day, 'cuz i thought it told me to not bring over anything other than my costume, so yeah

It does that automatically itself.

Shinamori
Mar 11, 2015, 09:20 AM
We forced a Grand Cross on me at the first interval area in my party, and compared to everything else it is OP as fuck. If you're playing MPAs, I recommend trying to get 3 or so users with them.

Grand Cross?

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 09:22 AM
Grand Cross?

The dual blades that cost 12 weapon trade ins.

Limbo_lag
Mar 11, 2015, 09:22 AM
Fantastic. Now we need prem to even play challenge mode.

(Yes I know it'll clear up eventually....*grumblegrumble*)

Maenara
Mar 11, 2015, 09:24 AM
Managed to get this on one of my runs, along with Hien-Tsubaki. Seemed pretty OP but I got it too late for it to be majorly useful.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/iXcBjA6.png[/spoiler-box]

Xaeris
Mar 11, 2015, 09:24 AM
This won't be long lived. Ultimate Naberius was the same way in that it filled like ten blocks when it was released. That lasted, what, a week?

Lostbob117
Mar 11, 2015, 09:25 AM
So, any idea how hard the grind for a 13* will be?

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 09:27 AM
It's easy, always has been.

You do realise 13*s have existed since November? They haven't only just come out.

Limbo_lag
Mar 11, 2015, 09:28 AM
Its 180000 points per 13*, which only has 20% element on it. How long this takes depends on how far your MPA can get to.

LonelyGaruga
13* grinding is incredibly easy. The failure rate is 50% at worst, starting at 4 > 5 or something like that. With a +30% you have 80% success rates. The only issue is that they use Lambda Grinders instead of Grinders.

Lostbob117
It's easy, always has been.

You do realise 13*s have existed since November? They haven't only just come out.

I'm talking about the ones from the shop.

Let me rephrase, how hard will the one from that shop will be to get?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 11, 2015, 09:31 AM
You do realize that "grind" sounded like you were talking about grinding, right?

Anyway, this has been talked to death in the last couple days. It's only a few days, a week at the very worst, to get a 60 element 13*.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 09:37 AM
Failing before Mission 5 only gives you at max about 900 points. You need to find an MPA that can actually get to and/or beat Mission 5.

Lostbob117
Mar 11, 2015, 09:37 AM
Failing before Mission 5 only gives you at max about 900 points. You need to find an MPA that can actually get to and/or beat Mission 5.

How doable is it with 4people?

Maenara
Mar 11, 2015, 09:39 AM
How doable is it with 4people?

It's not.

Lostbob117
Mar 11, 2015, 09:41 AM
It's not.

Are you certain? Also, is there a time limit?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 11, 2015, 09:42 AM
Yes, there is a time limit. That's why it's not very doable with 4 people.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 09:45 AM
Yes, VR energy drains constantly at a steady rate. Also people dying decreases the energy by a %. This is why people dying a lot makes you fail. Especially in Mission 4 where the Gel Wuffs and ohko traps show up.

Dnd
Mar 11, 2015, 09:48 AM
simply being hit also reduces the bar by a noticable chunk, aswell

AzurEnd
Mar 11, 2015, 09:55 AM
After running Cmode for a bit it would seem that Killing Cougar NX might be a good idea...

It nets you a 30~50% Time Refill and those Red Crates 90% of the time seem to have TOGGLE ABILITIES like Fury Stance and even some I didnt see in the Exchange Shop.

Farthest ive made it so far is 60% Through Mission 5 though QQ

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 09:59 AM
Cougar also has a chance to spit out rare weapons. His red box can give trap vision which can help you clear out traps in Mission 4.

Just got rare TMGS from cougar.. but I was rifle build. So I dropped them for the TMG user and a dumb swordie picked them up.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 10:14 AM
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/gvRE0/0eecdd5e78.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Still playing PUGs at the moment, we managed to get 3 Grand Cross users at the first interval area by stealing weapons from ppl (no judge pls!) and it made mission 3 and 4 a joke overall.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 10:16 AM
You playing on shared ship or normal ship? I'm still trying to find an MPA and isn't suck and my friends aren't on atm.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 10:18 AM
I'm on Ship 0 (I hope this catches on!!) on Block 406 or something. ・。・v

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 10:19 AM
I'm in a run atm but I wouldnt mind joining some runs if possible.

edit: I just bugged the map and got respawned.. f me

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 10:20 AM
Ahh I'm in a 4 player party at the moment, sorry. _(:3」∠)_ I might try making an MPA soon and I'll let you know if we don't 12, I suppose.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 10:27 AM
No problem, one of my friends should be on in about 3 hours anyway. Also I just bought the launcher because I figured it had a built in PA. (Since I've seen ZERO launcher PA drops)... Worse mistake of my current Cmode life.

Should of went rifle build again since I couldnt buy a grand cross.

milranduil
Mar 11, 2015, 10:37 AM
Burn draal wiped 10 people instantly from his dumb fire pound after killing gwana. They just all stood in one spot and took it . -.

Stickboy
Mar 11, 2015, 10:42 AM
this requires me to actually play in a proper party, which i don't have at all

Superia
Mar 11, 2015, 10:52 AM
Burn draal wiped 10 people instantly from his dumb fire pound after killing gwana. They just all stood in one spot and took it . -.

Lols yeah he almost swept my whole squad. Was just going ham with those tail swipes.

But yeah playing c-mode makes me appreciate the struggles of bad players. You have unupgraded wep, no skills and usually bad PAs. It's like a Bad Player Simulator or something, but it can be fun.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 10:56 AM
One person should aggro Burn, it's not that hard, just hit him and keep him away from everyone else. I do it if nobody else seems to be.

Dnd
Mar 11, 2015, 10:57 AM
One person should aggro Burn, it's not that hard, just hit him and keep him away from everyone else. I do it if nobody else seems to be.

A rifle with one point is best for this, then swapping to rod for well timed mirage escapes incase you get caught out

Aine
Mar 11, 2015, 11:02 AM
There's only 5 missions. But there are 7 areas, 2 are interval rest stops.

There are 10 missions. Once you clear the first five your princess is in another castle

Raujinn
Mar 11, 2015, 11:18 AM
A rifle with one point is best for this, then swapping to rod for well timed mirage escapes incase you get caught out

Seconding this. In my experience so far this is the best way to get Burn's attention.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 11:22 AM
Heh, how far have you gotten so far? I'm trying to make a 12/12 MPA, and this is the strategy we're going to go ahead with once it gets made:

Mission 1 and 2: Sword/Techs for mobbing, Rifle for bossing. One person gets the two out-of-the-way crystals, others keep pressing on. Split in Area 2 instead of doing it one by one like pugs seem to do. Make sure you collect as many items as you can. Do not use anything TMG or Dagger related, absolutely useless weapons.

In the interval area, force as many people to get Grand Cross as you can. For everyone else, go either Ranger or Force (depending on availability of stuff). DB users focus on mobs, others focus on Lilipans. Not sure if we'll kill Cougar at this point. With enough DB users it should be easy enough, if his drops are worth it anyway.

DB users should get attack PP restorate only from the shop, and a full vinc set if possible.

For mission 4, DB users focus on the majority of things, while others get traps, buttons, gunships, wulfs, you name it. A +9 Katana can drop in the 4th room, which should be saved if it drops as it is necessary for area 5. Cluster can drop in mission 4, but it's not worth buying a launcher in the first interval area as a lot of mission 4 is not cluster friendly. The launcher from interval 2 is better anyway.

For the second interval area, everyone drops their stuff and switches to Katana with Gekka for single targets, and Launcher with Cluster for mobbing. EWH, Dive Roll Shoot (Faster weapon switch from rolls), Katana Gear, should be taken. DB users should hold onto their DBs incase Heavenly Kite drops in area 5. I'm not sure what else drops. In the event not everyone can go Katana/Launcher, people should go Tech with Talis Tech Bonus 3.

And then... I've not got far in 5 so idk after that, but this is my WIP strategy for now. There's probably much better things to do, but this is how we got to Mission 5 in a pick-up group (had 3 DB users and a tech user after interval 1,tech user focused on gunship while we picked everything else off, went by quickly).

Dammy
Mar 11, 2015, 11:29 AM
did 3 runs, got like 1450+700+1400 points

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 11:33 AM
The red box cougar is protecting can drop trap vision which is great in Mission 4. Keyword is can. Cougar can drop rares also. Managed to get the +9 katana once... MPA failed to Fangs as usual.

rashoood
Mar 11, 2015, 11:58 AM
Furthest I managed was the falz hands.... I guess this needs more days until people get used to it

Raujinn
Mar 11, 2015, 11:58 AM
Consistently getting to the 5th mission, varied completion. All pubbie runs

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2015, 12:05 PM
Tried doing PUGs, in a party with a few JP friends.
First 3 runs ran out of time around the start of the Banthers.
4th run got up to Mission 5, and then nobody knew where to go at the split.
All remaining time ran out from the entire multi running back and forth between the two paths.

My strat is basically focus on ranged weapons. Homing Emission everything in the face.
Not sure if it was me, but TMG Bullet Squall felt like it did more damage on bosses than Homing Emission.
I'm sure weapon strength and all that factors in as well, though.

4th run, I got a golden Rihito +9 off a trash mob in the forest. Exciting.

Edit: For the first Vol, there was always someone icing him. Haven't seen Burn Drall yet.

Oh yeah, throw up Shiftaid and Debandaid or whatever if you have a ton.
Doesn't seem like many people are doing that. I'm sure it helps.

Goukezitsu
Mar 11, 2015, 12:19 PM
We got here as a 7 Man. I dunno how much more is left but. it said "Defeat the burn draal" It was lv 70 still so lol. I dunno if that was translation error or what but. Yea thats what it said haha. Theres a caterdraal and a regular catadraan. This was after fighting a cougar nx? in a really tight room with a buncha sparzyle blowing up on stage 5 past the falz arms.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/H3nuu5u.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Even though we got alot further the progress stayed about the same as after you beat banthers.

Edit: I'm stupid. This is saying we got 84.95% through mission 5. So yea we basically almost beat it. Only 15% left which im assuming is that burn draal its asking us to kill haha

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/VESYuoF.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 12:29 PM
Still can't find an MPA that can actually beat Mission 4 lol. I can go without taking a hit since I usually end up as Ranger but it seems other people can't.

I decide to play around a bit and noticed the energy drain on VR is directly affected by the amount of members in the MPA.

Uh, more clear statement would be. More players = more drain over time

Kelwine
Mar 11, 2015, 12:59 PM
Did my first one, got ~80% through mission 4 before we timed out.

I had fun! It's a neat concept, and I kind of liked it!

Superia
Mar 11, 2015, 01:05 PM
We got here as a 7 Man. I dunno how much more is left but. it said "Defeat the burn draal" It was lv 70 still so lol. I dunno if that was translation error or what but. Yea thats what it said haha. Theres a caterdraal and a regular catadraan. This was after fighting a cougar nx? in a really tight room with a buncha sparzyle blowing up on stage 5 past the falz arms.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/H3nuu5u.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Even though we got alot further the progress stayed about the same as after you beat banthers.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/VESYuoF.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The two enemies you mentioned (draal and cougar) got skipped in every MPA I've been in so far. Burn Draal took 1s so I'm assuming he isn't meant to be killed, but as for Cougar NX, time will tell if it is worth killing him or not.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 01:06 PM
Different Burn, there's one further into Mission 5.

Goukezitsu
Mar 11, 2015, 01:17 PM
^ what z-0 said. This is late into Mission 5 and the music changes to the vol dragon theme.

rashoood
Mar 11, 2015, 02:55 PM
emm is it me or its unbelievably laggy ?

Goukezitsu
Mar 11, 2015, 03:08 PM
So talked to one of my friends. Theres a mission 7 and apparently Diabo spawns in it lol.

Oobershire
Mar 11, 2015, 03:21 PM
Furthest I've been able to get with randoms is mission 7

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/L56m0Wd.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 03:34 PM
Just got here.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Nuclear_Knight/pso20150311_143240_000_zpsdqneket4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alma
Mar 11, 2015, 04:06 PM
nevermind

Atmius
Mar 11, 2015, 04:09 PM
That's a 12*.

Alma
Mar 11, 2015, 04:10 PM
ups my bad, must be my eyes playing trcik on me :wacko:

Sp-24
Mar 11, 2015, 04:23 PM
The two enemies you mentioned (draal and cougar) got skipped in every MPA I've been in so far. Burn Draal took 1s so I'm assuming he isn't meant to be killed, but as for Cougar NX, time will tell if it is worth killing him or not.
Cougar should be killed at every opportunity. On top of some xp and bonus miles you can get Trap Search, Step Advance lv.3, Satellite Aim PA and, if some random japanese player is to be believed, Resta and WB from it.

Xaeris
Mar 11, 2015, 04:24 PM
WB? Ha ha, wow. It's probably like level 3 with two bullets, but still.

Sp-24
Mar 11, 2015, 04:27 PM
WB? Ha ha, wow. It's probably like level 3 with two bullets, but still.
Mind you that I haven't seen either of those myself yet. For all I know, somebody was desperate and just made that up to stop the MPA from acting retarded.

Poyonche
Mar 11, 2015, 04:38 PM
When i got those 7* Twin blades, the MPA suddenly decided to kill Cougar

Maenara
Mar 11, 2015, 04:52 PM
Anyone got screenshots of mission 6+?

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 05:25 PM
They're exactly the same as Mission 1-5, they're just a difficulty higher.

Xed
Mar 11, 2015, 05:39 PM
I think from my experience majorly English player best performance is earlier mission 4. They are also insane annoying with their symbol art spam and they never learn.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 11, 2015, 05:48 PM
They're exactly the same as Mission 1-5, they're just a difficulty higher.

Wow that's lame. Higher difficulty how? Enemy levels are higher?

EDIT: By the way, for those that don't know yet, idling long enough in a shared ship prompts it to start a timer to respond before it kicks you out.

Gen2000
Mar 11, 2015, 05:57 PM
This is pretty fun, planning and strategy and even get a new weapon if I play it long enough. Worth coming back to this game play for a while again.

PUG struggle was real getting past Mission 4 but it seem to be getting better as the day go by.

Stealthcmc1974
Mar 11, 2015, 06:03 PM
EDIT: By the way, for those that don't know yet, idling long enough in a shared ship prompts it to start a timer to respond before it kicks you out.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f1/f17ff7c5ef2b35e22d4df1d255bdf97bacd5fce6feffa4a0ae afe1cff9e2e39f.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Mar 11, 2015, 06:04 PM
This is pretty fun, planning and strategy and even get a new weapon if I play it long enough. Worth coming back to this game play for a while again.

PUG struggle was real getting past Mission 4 but it seem to be getting better as the day go by.

It is getting worst for me.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 11, 2015, 06:07 PM
Haven't played yet but found a playthrough that features missions 6 and 7. Mission 6 begins @ 37:00

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhFUOd7V_uI[/SPOILER-BOX]

the_importer_
Mar 11, 2015, 06:15 PM
Played for the first time. We got the the Fang Duo, but ran out of VR energy, sure we could have taken them however, the death rate was pretty low.

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 06:15 PM
Uh, no Mission 6-10 isn't exactly the same as 1-5.

Fijiwater
Mar 11, 2015, 06:17 PM
Uh, no Mission 6-10 isn't exactly the same as 1-5.

they are exact same layout, same general idea, just slightly different.

Lax
Mar 11, 2015, 06:19 PM
Anyone get past mission 7? We timed out at the Caterdraal on the left after clearing the right

The Dispersion Shrike DB from Mission 6 really help

Vatallus
Mar 11, 2015, 06:19 PM
they are exact same layout, same general idea, just slightly different.

You must be doing something different because Mission 6 is way bigger than Mission 1 and has two paths. A long one and a short one that is a boss guantlet with Wolga x2 and Hunar etc.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2015, 07:04 PM
Pugs having hard time on right side on mission 5 with the gel wulf clusterfuck. havent went with that group first hand since left tends to be neglected.

Zeota
Mar 11, 2015, 07:09 PM
Yeah, this definitely lives up to its name and is a nice change from the usual content. I wonder how many will be crazy enough to grind out those 180k miles within the next couple weeks. That's a bit of a reach outside of a dedicated group pulling maybe 18-20k/day that knew exactly what they were doing.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2015, 08:27 PM
So....when you're in caves (forgot what mention) And the Emergency Code is Attack Burn Draal... he's level 70.....or am I missing something :o

yoshiblue
Mar 11, 2015, 08:29 PM
Nah, he's lv 70. Normal goal is to have someone draw aggro while the rest wail on the baize.

Zeota
Mar 11, 2015, 08:30 PM
After the beize blows up, there's a gwanada up ahead that (I think) needs to be dispatched.

nathanielzor
Mar 11, 2015, 08:30 PM
So....when you're in caves (forgot what mention) And the Emergency Code is Attack Burn Draal... he's level 70.....or am I missing something :o
Not every monster in CQ is designed for you to kill it. In the case of the Burn Draal someone should aggro it while everyone else kills the Gwana and moves on. Don't kill it and waste time dying to it. Or you'll never get anywhere.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2015, 08:42 PM
No not the 1st time you see it. There's a another time you go into caves and you Burn Draal pops up with a bunch of mobs from FC with him and a Emergency comes up saying you have to kill Draal.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 11, 2015, 08:50 PM
It doesn't seem to have as much HP as a level 70 Burn Draal normally would. It only takes a couple minutes to kill it. The level is probably for the damage it does and the EXP it gives.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2015, 08:52 PM
It doesn't seem to have as much HP as a level 70 Burn Draal normally would. It only takes a couple minutes to kill it. The level is probably for the damage it does and the EXP it gives.

Only hitting for 1 damage unless we suck lol

LonelyGaruga
Mar 11, 2015, 08:56 PM
Possibly?

Haven't played yet but found a playthrough that features missions 6 and 7. Mission 6 begins @ 37:00

[SPOILER-BOX] CQ run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhFUOd7V_uI)[/SPOILER-BOX]

You can pretty clearly see how quickly they handle Burn Draal in this video...

Sildonia
Mar 11, 2015, 08:58 PM
You need to kill both cater (and the mobs ?) before attacking the Burn Draal, otherwise he'll still have his lv70 def

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2015, 09:13 PM
Hmmm is there a translated list of the skills in Interval Area Recycle Shop?

Rakurai
Mar 11, 2015, 09:28 PM
I can't help but wonder who the final boss is of the second set of missions is.

They could just have it be Diabo Grissith, but that would be kind of predictable.

PokeminMaster
Mar 11, 2015, 09:29 PM
Hmmm is there a translated list of the skills in Interval Area Recycle Shop?
PP Restorate (lvl 3)
<there's one here>
Attack PP Restorate
<not sure about the middle area>
Sword Gear
Twin Machine Gun Gear
Wand Gear

is what I know

FacelessRed
Mar 11, 2015, 09:40 PM
Attack PP Restorate (lvl 3)
I THINK - zero range. should be.
Charge PP Restorate
Wand lovers lvl 5
Sword Gear
Twin Machine Gun Gear
Wand Gear

untrustful
Mar 11, 2015, 09:45 PM
Am I noob for not making it past area 4?

final_attack
Mar 11, 2015, 10:08 PM
Am I noob for not making it past area 4?

Nope. It's still depends on the mpa. Most run I did failed on Wulf. Or time-out on Fang.

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2015, 10:21 PM
Wand + Wand Lovers + Wand Gear seems nice. Hits pretty hard.

Items/skills/etc that you get from the shop have random stats/level, right?

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 11, 2015, 10:33 PM
Best run so far is 58% into Mission 7.

Love the way they did Funji lol

Oobershire
Mar 11, 2015, 11:36 PM
Can't get past the baize on mission 7, everyone dies to diabo.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/kBI27v2.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/vjYHUtQ.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Ws1gzTH.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2015, 11:40 PM
Wands are baws. That is all.

OniRobu
Mar 11, 2015, 11:45 PM
Looking to get on the challenge quest with some peoples anyone got some spare room for me?

Qualia
Mar 11, 2015, 11:55 PM
Any confirmation on the exact weapon potential for the Ideal equipment?

yucachann
Mar 12, 2015, 12:45 AM
Not yet since nobody got it yet. I'm about 10% there on getting it though.

The furthest I have been in on 7 with Diabo.

FacelessRed
Mar 12, 2015, 12:52 AM
anyone got a list for intermission 2 and 3?

I've been ... not doing too well with the choices lol.

LordKaiser
Mar 12, 2015, 12:54 AM
Farthest I had reached so far is on the forest with the 2 Banthers. I don't like that the miles items on the field are shared. This will create problems in the long run.

Rakurai
Mar 12, 2015, 12:56 AM
If you pick up a crystal, then everyone gets bonus miles at the end of the quest.

I don't see how that could cause problems.

FacelessRed
Mar 12, 2015, 12:58 AM
Farthest I had reached so far is on the forest with the 2 Banthers. I don't like that the miles items on the field are shared. This will create problems in the long run.

Wut?

I can't see any reasoning that causes this to be a problem.

So far I've managed to get this:

Intermission shop 01 skill list:

Charge PP Restorate
Wand lovers lvl 5
Sword Gear
Twin Machine Gun Gear
Wand Gear

Shop 02 Skill list:
element weak hit
dive roll shoot
Rapid shoot
Talis tech bonus
--- Incomplete
Shop 03 skill list:
Wise stance
Perfect keeper
elemntal burst
D.Saber wind parry
twin dagger spin move
Knuckle /.. something i forgot. LOL (gear or gear build boost)
--- Incomplete

Feel free to add or correct, because having to go throught he list 1 by 1 and ruining myself to find this stuff out is rough. + its 6 am here.

wefwq
Mar 12, 2015, 02:08 AM
Got glitched on Mission 1 map, i fell into the void and sent back to spawn point, wtf sega.

Rakurai
Mar 12, 2015, 02:52 AM
I wish more people understood how you should properly be distracting the Burn Draal.

If you lure it into the corner, you want to get as far from it as possible the moment it appears underneath you after the second time it digs, as if you're far away from it, it won't start up the endless ground explosions that almost always end up killing some of the players going after the Gwanada.

FacelessRed
Mar 12, 2015, 02:59 AM
Got glitched on Mission 1 map, i fell into the void and sent back to spawn point, wtf sega.

Happened to me too. fell right into the low resolution texture flowers by the cave entrance lol.

TaigaUC
Mar 12, 2015, 04:26 AM
Some of the interval list stuff is on the JP swiki.

The PUGs I've been in keep running out of time on Arms.
I noticed that a lot of people still can't get over the Transmizer tripwire.

I got the flaming rear and arm from the timed lilipa straight rush section.
They gave about 100 armor on each stat, pretty sweet.

Wand still feels like the overall most versatile.
Powerful melee damage, powerful ranged magic damage, and you can turn Wand Lovers off to take advantage of Mirage Escape.
Grand Cross is certainly very strong up until Mission 5 or so, though.

My current strategy:
Get a rifle if possible, with high stats. Z-aim head shot everything.
Pick up and save all items for the first interval. Do not get killed.
Get Scepter, Wand Lovers, Wand Gear, Attack PP Restorate and PP Charge Revival.
Get the Winculm units. Have Gi Zonde, Foie. Use any PP, TATK, SATK Up discs.

IMPORTANT: in various areas with Kartagos spitting lasers, nearby environment objects can block their laser.
Foie can also be used from long range to hit their weak points from long distance (aim so that the edge of Foie hits their head).

Aim to get the timed wall box, as it tends to drop awesome units.
If you can't see, use the map. Shooting Foie down the straight path makes short work of the Darkers.
Kill Cougar, but make sure the cyclones don't throw you over the wall.
JP swiki says that you can let Gwanada Nero and Transzexia beat each other up, so kill the Barbralilipas first.

VERY IMPORTANT: take your time during the first Code Avoid. As long as time won't run out, you can get a full refill after that Code.
When that code starts, don't use turret until sure no Gel Bulfs are following. Can even use the turret to wipe out the Darkers.

wefwq
Mar 12, 2015, 04:46 AM
How do group get past from second Lv 70 vol?
Damn just when i thought victory is near, this dragon spawned right infront of my face.
Also licht katana+tsubaki are really OP.

Xaelouse
Mar 12, 2015, 04:49 AM
Jet Boots are super good
elemental weak hit in interval 2, rapid boost in interval 3, ability to change their element at will depending on the techs you have (fire, ice, and light are all very important)

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 04:49 AM
Damn just when i thought victory is near, this dragon spawned right infront of my face.

The one in Mission 5? You kill it, literally. (Don't worry the game makes him actually killable)

Rakurai
Mar 12, 2015, 05:10 AM
Wonder if it's ever worth taking the long, left route in mission 6.

You get a choice between a Takamikazuchi or a red item container that seems guaranteed to have a 10* weapon it, but it's much longer then the alternative of using the semi-hidden warp portal to the north and fighting Falz Hunar and two Wolgahda, as you need to run a gauntlet of enemies that has a Dark Ragne at the end, whereas you can go to the next mission immediately if you take the alternative.

Rehal
Mar 12, 2015, 05:10 AM

Have 1 or 2 persons hold cater + dransa aggro, 1 person aggro vol, the rest mobbing, then after mob group is done switch to clearing cater + dransa to grab more crystal, then vol . 3.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 05:16 AM
Wonder if it's ever worth taking the long, left route in mission 6.

You get a choice between a Takamikazuchi or a red item container that seems guaranteed to have a 10* weapon it, but it's much longer then the alternative of using the semi-hidden warp portal to the north and fighting Falz Hunar and two Wolgahda, as you need to run a gauntlet of enemies that has a Dark Ragne at the end, whereas you can go to the next mission immediately if you take the alternative.

Tried both routes, personally I prefer the boss gauntlet instead of the long route. Especially since it actually gives a photon cannon to kill Falz Hunar with.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 05:18 AM
Jet Boots are super good
elemental weak hit in interval 2, rapid boost in interval 3, ability to change their element at will depending on the techs you have (fire, ice, and light are all very important)

I was thinking about switching to JB since I learned there is gear for the thing in this mode. But idk.

It sucks that we can't get strike switch since Satk is Challenger's strongest stat, and every little bit of power helps.

Also JP PUGs are pretty good, but christ they do make a lot of mistakes. My last one was the worst JP Pug so far. Right now the 3 JP players and I are carrying a lot of rooms.

I also agree that taking out Cougar in A2 is a high priority thing. Satalite Aim is extremely valuable with ZRA and AtkPPRestorate. Get Elemental Weak Hit with a Lightning TMG and A5 becomes a lot easier.

TaigaUC
Mar 12, 2015, 05:38 AM
Sat Aim drops from Cougar?
So far I've seen Elemental PP Restorate, Na Foie, Step Advance.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 05:40 AM
Yeah. Many times I've walked away from A2 post-cougar fight with Sat Aim.

I've gotten that, EPPR, Nafoie, Step Advance, Twilight Wand, Zanba, Twin 2000H from that fight. Maybe more, but I dont remember.

Rehal
Mar 12, 2015, 05:42 AM
Yes
I've seen Gekka, Master Shoot, Nafoie, Nova drop from him, might miss something else
The red box drop Trap Search, Step Advance, PP field from my experience

Achelousaurus
Mar 12, 2015, 05:54 AM
Wow that's lame. Higher difficulty how? Enemy levels are higher?

Yeah.
Then again I suppose sega is just waiting for the next opportunity to give use the next set.

Anyway, I did 3 runs so far.
3rd was the best, a team run where we got to the end of 4 but the semi darkness with the goldies was tough (luckily no real darkness like PSO1 used to have).

The first two runs were with jp randoms and both timed out in the same place at the end of mission 3.
So many deaths.

It's a ton of fun but I'm not in that much a hurry so I'll take it easy until we get some more info and then I'll probably do some test runs without caring for time, one by one checking out the areas.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 05:54 AM
[spoiler-box]

http://i.imgur.com/NZnFiLp.png

http://i.imgur.com/lbd5C16.png

http://i.imgur.com/ANZ9BNI.png

http://i.imgur.com/hXyymEk.png

http://i.imgur.com/3IzagPk.png

http://i.imgur.com/ystHfLf.png

http://i.imgur.com/DzarOib.png

http://i.imgur.com/0eVAhqy.png

http://i.imgur.com/c91cCjz.png

http://i.imgur.com/GMKFYr4.png

[/spoiler-box]

This was all i could get in the time limit since I still needed to do shopping as well.

http://imgur.com/a/BgWet

here is the album link.

Stages 6-10 net like 10k miles alone.

Assuming you only get 10kmiles per 100%, you would only need to beat c-mode 100% 18 times for a 13*.

Obviously, you'd prob get like 15k per 100% so that cuts it down to 12 runs.

it took me 44 mins to get to stage 6. Averaging 7 mins and 30 seconds with some loose rounding up.

So that's an hour and 30 mins for 10 runs. Let's assume 2 hours per run. That would be 24 hours @ 15k for 180k.

Which falls into what Sega was saying in regards to "A full day of playing" if they meant 24 hours.

Of course I'm making a lot of assumptions and I'm inflating numbers so this could easily take less time.

starwhisper
Mar 12, 2015, 06:05 AM
Pick up groups are very bad in this mode :(
Almost all my runs were crippled by a really incompetent player dieing 3 times or more in the fang area. I mean, a huge majority of japanese players just suck at their game.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 06:13 AM
Shhh.

Dont say anything that would ruin the "GAIJINS ARE HORRIBLE" circlejerk.

starwhisper
Mar 12, 2015, 06:18 AM
yeah I know right ... THEY ARE SO BAAAAAAAAAAD at their own game XD

Poyonche
Mar 12, 2015, 06:21 AM
Pick up groups are very bad in this mode :(
Almost all my runs were crippled by a really incompetent player dieing 3 times or more in the fang area. I mean, a huge majority of japanese players just suck at their game.

What about the english players ? :wacko:

Because you know, gaijins are supposed to be incompetent and to do not know what dodge means. :wacko:

TaigaUC
Mar 12, 2015, 06:21 AM
Because everybody knows 1 day into a difficult new game mode, everyone should be an expert.
I've seen both foreigners and JP sucking, which is to be expected.

And I don't think one person (me) counts as a circle.
I also don't whine about people sucking one day in.

I guess you guys are the type that invites people to try stuff you're already familiar with so you can gloat about how superior you are before anyone has a fair chance.

If you wanna talk about JP sucking at their own game, by all means, point the finger at SEGA.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 06:24 AM
yeah I know right ... THEY ARE SO BAAAAAAAAAAD at their own game XD

Well...there's no need to go that far lol.

They're people just like us and they have their skill ranges too. And I'm also of the opinion that there is a better ratio of good:meh players in the JP side then the foreign side. That and wat TaigaUC said.

Either way, back on topic.

Cougar is something that shouldnt be skipped because the drop rates for the good shit isnt bad. Common enough that at least a quarter of the MPA will always benefit and since we can trade via dropping, that'll help gear everyone up much better and sooner.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 06:31 AM
it has Dispersion Strike built into too!

Terrence
Mar 12, 2015, 06:32 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/hXyymEk.png[/spoiler-box]
イグニス/リヒト (Ignis/Licht) ? Nice new DB (which would make a cool camo using Zieg future abilities).

Cyclon
Mar 12, 2015, 07:04 AM
Wut?

I can't see any reasoning that causes this to be a problem.

So far I've managed to get this:

Intermission shop 01 skill list:

Charge PP Restorate
Wand lovers lvl 5
Sword Gear
Twin Machine Gun Gear
Wand Gear

Shop 02 Skill list:
element weak hit
dive roll shoot
Rapid shoot
Talis tech bonus
--- Incomplete
Shop 03 skill list:
Wise stance
Perfect keeper
elemntal burst
D.Saber wind parry
twin dagger spin move
Knuckle /.. something i forgot. LOL (gear or gear build boost)
--- Incomplete

Feel free to add or correct, because having to go throught he list 1 by 1 and ruining myself to find this stuff out is rough. + its 6 am here.
Edit: Checked a stream, so here's area 3 as well:

Shop 1:
Attack PP restorate
Zero range advance
Charge PP revival
Wand lovers
Sword gear
Twin dagger gear
Twin machinegun gear
Wand gear

Shop 2:
Element weak hit
Dive roll shoot
Rapid shoot
Talis Tech bonus
Wired lance gear
Knuckles gear
Katana gear
Jet boots gear

Shop 3:
Wise stance
Perfect keeper
Elemental burst
DS wind parrying
Twin dagger spin move
Knuckle gear boost
Katana combat
Wand lovers(again)
Rapid boost
Partisan gear
Double saber gear
Dual blade gear

Meji
Mar 12, 2015, 07:05 AM
イグニス/リヒト (Ignis/Licht) ? Nice new DB (which would make a cool camo using Zieg future abilities).Literally DB's (if you know what I mean).

Managed to get to mission 7 right now, got me 3811 points. This is too much fun.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 07:10 AM

Happened to me about 5 times. I stopped using it.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 07:12 AM
I think I'm going to pick up JBs for C-Mode. with Strike Gust and Gran Wave, on top of EWH, Gear, Attack PP Restorate, Perfect Keeper, and Stances

I cant ignore its versitility and damage.

Terrence
Mar 12, 2015, 07:15 AM
Literally DB's (if you know what I mean).
Managed to get to mission 7 right now, got me 3811 points. This is too much fun.
Oops, you're right... Let's not be mistaken and say DB's. ^_^
I never passed Mission 4 with Banther/Banshee at the moment.

wefwq
Mar 12, 2015, 07:25 AM
The one in Mission 5? You kill it, literally. (Don't worry the game makes him actually killable)
Holy Jebus, i should know better when i tried to shot him in the head it make "normal" damage instead of flat 1... and everyone on my MPA went full potato for every monsters so i guess none of them know what to do yet.
Better luck next time i guess.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 07:37 AM
Holy Jebus, i should know better when i tried to shot him in the head it make "normal" damage instead of flat 1... and everyone on my MPA went full potato for every monsters so i guess none of them know what to do yet.
Better luck next time i guess.

Yeah and he has nerfed HP so he'll take as long as a Cata does. That said killing the two Cata and mobs first is usually best. Even more so for the Cata because killing one unlocks a 30%. (Kill both for two 30%s)

On a side note with Challenge Mode has made me love bows. Find the +9 rare bow in Mission 4, get master shot and penetrating arrow.. so nice. Then Mission 6 has Final Nemisis if you are lucky.

wefwq
Mar 12, 2015, 07:56 AM
Yeah and he has nerfed HP so he'll take as long as a Cata does. That said killing the two Cata and mobs first is usually best. Even more so for the Cata because killing one unlocks a 30%. (Kill both for two 30%s)

On a side note with Challenge Mode has made me love bows. Find the +9 rare bow in Mission 4, get master shot and penetrating arrow.. so nice. Then Mission 6 has Final Nemisis if you are lucky.
I see, kinda hard to do on random group.
Yeah, rare bow on mission 4 are really awesome, it's really powerful and gets job done real fast.

btw just discovered that shared ship has anti-afk measures that will display a warning windows with timer on it.
If that window did not closed after timer runs out player will be automatically logged out.
Kinda hope they also implement this on main ship/other blocks.

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 08:04 AM
Has anyone compared the quality of runs between shared ship and 300 blocks?

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 08:07 AM
I've been doing all my runs with public groups. It is hard to find an MPA that doesn't have one person trying to control everything with a "strategy" that is honestly not needed. Farthest I've made it is to Mission 7 twice. Those were runs I did with a few friends so we worked together to gear ourselves and worked on giving each other the PAs and skills we needed for our class. Otherwise right now we usually at least reach mission 5. The Gel Wulf room and Couger Room seems to be the hardest for people to adjust to though.

I'm usually the Ranger/Bow user since I've never managed to get the rare tmgs and SA. Funny thing is none of my 3 characters actually use bows.

wefwq
Mar 12, 2015, 08:18 AM
Has anyone compared the quality of runs between shared ship and 300 blocks?
Block 300 (Ship2) most of time still stuck on Mission 4
It's either on Jello part or fangbros.

Shared ship fare better and can carry each other up to mission 5.
But usually still strungling on cougar or draal.
Most of time, i met with group of people that already know what to do and didn't dies so often or at least their sacrifice still has some value on it.

Well it's about time ship2 will break it's containment to shared ship block.

Maenara
Mar 12, 2015, 08:23 AM
I've been doing all my runs with public groups. It is hard to find an MPA that doesn't have one person trying to control everything with a "strategy" that is honestly not needed. Farthest I've made it is to Mission 7 twice. Those were runs I did with a few friends so we worked together to gear ourselves and worked on giving each other the PAs and skills we needed for our class. Otherwise right now we usually at least reach mission 5. The Gel Wulf room and Couger Room seems to be the hardest for people to adjust to though.

I'm usually the Ranger/Bow user since I've never managed to get the rare tmgs and SA. Funny thing is none of my 3 characters actually use bows.

Like it or not, your MPA IS using a strategy to reach the further missions, whether or not you actually realize it.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 08:26 AM
Like it or not, your MPA IS using a strategy to reach the further missions, whether or not you actually realize it.

And it isn't controlled by one person telling us what to do. It also doesn't involve forcing the whole MPA to use specific classes. Because there is no really useless weapons except probably Launcher if you can't get Cluster Bomb and Gunslashes. There is no reason to split at Mission 2 either like others want to force. Mission 2 has ample time and letting people loot both bosses gives you that many more chances for trade ins when they matter most. After that it isn't hard for people to supply their own trade ins to get stuff at the next shop.

I could keep going, but yes. Our strategy is to have fun and do what we want to do for the run rather then forcing people to pick specific classes for subpar reasons.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 08:31 AM
There's a strategy, but it's being confined into parties rather than a whole MPA strategy. A whole MPA strategy will always get further, but trying to force an entire MPA to do something without prior strategizing is not going to get anyone anywhere. All my furthest PUGs in 4/4 parties have always made sure someone gets X gear, and we give Y gear to others.

The furthest MPAs have made it all the way to Mission 10 (not sure if cleared, I just woke up and haven't looked around) by forcing specific gear on people, with some flexibility from drops of course.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 08:34 AM
The best Strategy is actually not dying OR getting hit. Both of these things cause you to lose VR energy faster. Forcing specific gear on people won't win you the run if players can't handle dodging.

There is more than one valid strategy, but ultimately if players or to be more specific a few players can't keep themselves off the ground then you'll end up losing anyway. Very much emphasis on the dodging part because of the ohko traps or Gel Wuffs that can completely wreck a run.

Using 12 players, while making rooms go faster, also eats up your VR energy faster too. So sometimes it is best to not even take 12 players if you can't hand pick them and your goal is to beat all 10 missions.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 08:39 AM
Oh of course, that's a given I'd assume. :wacko: You'll always get further if people don't get hit/die, but you'll only get furthest with a good strategy for getting through as well.

Reminds me of this time I did a PUG with 7 of my friends (couldn't fill), and this one person kept dying like every room and we timed out at cats because of them, despite the run going extremely quickly overall. <_>

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 08:41 AM
Oh of course, that's a given I'd assume. :wacko: You'll always get further if people don't get hit/die, but you'll only get furthest with a good strategy for getting through as well.

Reminds me of this time I did a PUG with 7 of my friends (couldn't fill), and this one person kept dying like every room and we timed out at cats because of them, despite the run going extremely quickly overall. <_>

Yeah... had a person like that last night also. I counted him dying 5 times in Mission 5 alone. My friends and I sort of just changed blocks after that run when he kept showing up in the MPA prestart. Also had one run where we got to Mission 4 with the gel wuffs.. 75% VR energy gone in 5 seconds. lmao

edit: Any idea how many Mile Points you get for actually passing Mission 10? I know you get a rifle camo but with how Mile Points increase exponentially I'd almost wager it is no less than 10k points.

Maenara
Mar 12, 2015, 08:47 AM
5000 CM for the final mission. 13000~15000 CM for the full run.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 08:49 AM
5000 CM for the final mission. 13000~15000 CM for the full run.

Thank you. :-D ... but now I wonder how Sega even came to the conclusion that a "expert" party could get a 13* in one day. Well yeah I suppose you would get 180k in one day if you won all your runs... for about 15 hours?

Fijiwater
Mar 12, 2015, 09:52 AM
Thank you. :-D ... but now I wonder how Sega even came to the conclusion that a "expert" party could get a 13* in one day. Well yeah I suppose you would get 180k in one day if you won all your runs... for about 15 hours?

You underestimate the amount of life some people lack outside of the computer.
I got 30k points and thought I played way to much.

wefwq
Mar 12, 2015, 09:59 AM
It is their goal (or duty) to make you play their game for a very long time, and it's not like PSO2 has other end-game content to offer.

Gama
Mar 12, 2015, 10:10 AM
ive only played with randoms, the main issue for me is when i have moon atomizers i end up getting killed because it breaks my concentration when i need to rev someone.

even on regular game mode, its usually what kills me.

HeyItsTHK
Mar 12, 2015, 10:24 AM
Never res among immediate danger. Wait until there's a break in the action. Keep camera focused on the enemy as you do so.

wefwq
Mar 12, 2015, 10:26 AM
Never res among immediate danger. Wait until there's a break in the action. Keep camera focused on the enemy as you do so.
Try to tell it to ship2 fellow.
here in ship2, death caused by moon are pretty much a common thing to happen...

Misaki Ki
Mar 12, 2015, 10:35 AM
One person can really make a difference in these, in all the wrong ways.

Death death death death death~

Vintasticvin
Mar 12, 2015, 11:12 AM
My thoughts on Challenge Mode? Funfunfunfunfundunfun from the few runs I did it was amazing how it brought people together for a grand ol time cept for them blasted swipers that yoinks you when you're "passing" something on to someone else but even then its kinda funny looking back on it and making comical short movies of the incident.

Poyonche
Mar 12, 2015, 11:47 AM
When I get a lot of weapons, I just trade in for a 4* rifle or 4* wand, get Attack PP Restorate, Wand skills then give everything left on me to the MPA.

It is funny to see everyone fighting to get those.

Searaphim
Mar 12, 2015, 11:55 AM
Funny how we had the VR meter half full then Gel Wuffs happen and we fail. I guess many people still don't know how to dodge these..

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 12:08 PM
To be fair they are pretty bullshit sometimes, considering there's three and they sometimes move rather erratically.

EvilMag
Mar 12, 2015, 12:09 PM
I've had one spawn on top of me before.

Also try dodging them with high ping. :wacko:

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 12:11 PM
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/gxktg/ca3b411878.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Just chillin', waiting for a party.

Weird because I was actually talking at the time.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 12:12 PM
Any confirmation on the exact weapon potential for the Ideal equipment?

10/14/18% for levels 1/2/3.

It takes 12-14 runs to get 180K mile points if you complete every mission.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 12, 2015, 12:20 PM
10/14/18% for levels 1/2/3.

Just to make sure, this applies to bosses, and subbosses, yeah?

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2015, 12:22 PM
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/gxktg/ca3b411878.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Just chillin', waiting for a party.

Weird because I was actually talking at the time.

Yeah, that's not an idle timer for the autokick. They actually check for whether or not you've started a challenge mission or not. If you haven't started a mission in 20 minutes, you get that.

I've actually gotten that while waiting right at the starting portal too, so by start, they actually mean starting mission 1.

Searaphim
Mar 12, 2015, 12:34 PM
Yeah, that's not an idle timer for the autokick. They actually check for whether or not you've started a challenge mission or not. If you haven't started a mission in 20 minutes, you get that.

I've actually gotten that while waiting right at the starting portal too, so by start, they actually mean starting mission 1.

Wow really? I can see this becoming a problem in the long run, when people get tired of Challenge Quests. Will probably take more than 20 minutes to get a full MPA every single time.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 01:04 PM
Just to make sure, this applies to bosses, and subbosses, yeah?

Not finding confirmation. The potential description says 強敵, which is basically strong enemy. I've seen JP comments indicating that it's any boss enemy recorded in the visiphone (guessing large bosses only) or that it's XH enemies (yeah right). I think it's going to only apply to bosses with large map icons.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 12, 2015, 01:31 PM
Not finding confirmation. The potential description says 強敵, which is basically strong enemy. I've seen JP comments indicating that it's any boss enemy recorded in the visiphone (guessing large bosses only) or that it's XH enemies (yeah right). I think it's going to only apply to bosses with large map icons.

Weird. Woulda've been one of the first things i'd test...

Anyway, props to SEGA for not only putting in this content without breaking the game, but actually make something fun, and challenging for the first time since TD. A chance of failure works wonders for how fun the game is. Making it so every player can't become death incarnate also helps.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I got this one while at the portal too which is why I mentioned it.

Wow really? I can see this becoming a problem in the long run, when people get tired of Challenge Quests. Will probably take more than 20 minutes to get a full MPA every single time.
It doesn't kick you if you click the button, so it's not a problem.

Also been playing some more and we're getting to Mission 7 everytime. We're basically running a gear strategy like this:

As many DB users in Interval 1 as possible, rest should take rare Talis optimally, with some people taking wand, tmg (+ZRA), sword gears to account for potential rare drops.
During Mission 3, kill Cougar, share out rare drops to non-DB users depending on who has what gears/skills and stuff.
During Mission 4, same thing with the rare drops.

At interval 2 you should try to make sure everyone has some sort of rare weapon. In the event that they don't, the 8* wand is the best choice with Ragrants (a lot of them seem to drop in Area 4 from the boss rooms). Buy Cluster Bullet here too.

At interval 3, we generally switch most people over to launcher with Divine / Cluster, since they both do a lot of damage. For Mission 6, I prefer to go west and spawn Tagami rather than go north, as it's far less death prone, plus you get a Blitz set for everyone and a couple of levels at least. North might be better for VR Energy if people don't die and kill quickly though, not sure.

For the missions themselves, most important is to not die, and to make sure things like gunships, traps, wulfs, lilipans are accounted for so people don't suddenly get killed while focusing on something else. Gotta get burn / cater aggros in mission 5 as well. For the mission 5 split, do it 4L:8R, as L is far easier than R.

PS: Diabo spawns in Mission 7 when it's time to kill the Beize, fun times.

Lyrise
Mar 12, 2015, 02:15 PM

As mentioned previously, you click the button and the timer resets. But this only happens in the Cross-ship blocks. If you're hanging out in the blocks local to your ship, you'll never see this prompt.

FSOD X
Mar 12, 2015, 02:24 PM
What's the furthest every one has gotten? Skimming through the thread I see alot of people were ending on 4. Me and my friend got to 6 with random Japanese players.

AzurEnd
Mar 12, 2015, 02:43 PM
What's the furthest every one has gotten? Skimming through the thread I see alot of people were ending on 4. Me and my friend got to 6 with random Japanese players.

Mission 8 is the highest ive currently ever been able to reach and it was with a PUG no less. Consistently been able to get to Mission 6~7 today too.

Launchers and Wands with Gears seem to do ass loads of damage.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 02:45 PM
I tried Wand Gear but it seemed extremely lackluster compared to the other choices, although I've not tried them past mission 5. Always better to use some sort of rare weapon, it seems.

Dycize
Mar 12, 2015, 03:00 PM
You have to take wand lovers with it to really get to the fun stuff.
Doing ~200 damage on basic attacks with the wand at the very 1st interval area is very, very nice. And you still get to cast techs if needed. It's a good all rounder budget choice if you find yourself lacking "funds" early on, and the 2nd interval has the 8* wand with light element for more fun.

Vintasticvin
Mar 12, 2015, 03:13 PM
You have to take wand lovers with it to really get to the fun stuff.
Doing ~200 damage on basic attacks with the wand at the very 1st interval area is very, very nice. And you still get to cast techs if needed. It's a good all rounder budget choice if you find yourself lacking "funds" early on, and the 2nd interval has the 8* wand with light element for more fun.

Dis Wand beast over here

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I feel wands do fairly well in CQs. Haven't gotten far into mission 6 yet though. Got captured by a Funji and was stuck there for at least two minutes fighting Ragne before the VR Energy ran out while everyone else was doing...something. Only seen mission 6 once so far. There were no wands in the third interval area shop, which was a little disappointing, but Perfect Keeper for an easy 10% damage modifier is nice.

Gonna have to get further in CQs to determine the best strategy to use with them, but so far, they seem good for versatility.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 03:49 PM
I only get Wand if you can't get DB or Talis from the first shop, since those are the strongest options, and only bother getting one from the second shop if I don't get a rare weapon from Cougar or the Mission 4 boxes (and nobody has any spare to hand out).

On non-weak enemies, Wands do extremely pitiful damage in missions 3/4 and I found it much easier to just use Ragrants on everything once I dropped it from Mizer/Gwana. The wand in area 5 has good T-Atk for techs though (plus not much variance cuz rare), and going west will be all light-weak before the last room. Past mission 5 though, I don't recommend wand because the shop 3 weapons are all stronger, and you'll be dropping very useful 10*s which are far stronger as well.

Not sure what shop 4 sells as all parties I've been in time out at Diabo since he wrecks kinda hard in random games. Might be a useful wand for Missions 8+.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 03:55 PM
Is the talis really that good? I've been avoiding it because the early techs don't match well with it. Might start going for that instead if that's the case.

Dycize
Mar 12, 2015, 03:59 PM
Yeah, at shop 3, you really want one of the new weapons.
The partizan + gear with slide shaker is simply fantastic.
I wish that shop had more options tho.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 04:00 PM
I think the only time I got Talis, I also got the Vinc set, but my techs did a good amount of damage considering I could also stay at ranged and not die. Foies were at least 300 regardless of weakness IIRC, and Foie can be aimed to mob well.

If you manage to drop Ragrants/Nafoie, congrats also since they do a lot, especially Ragrants.

I'd have to get the Talis again to get some numbers for you, since I'm usually the DB user in my parties to make 3/4 go quickly.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 04:17 PM
Yeah that doesn't really seem like that big of a deal then. I'm doing about 250 per hit with 4* wand melee and Vinculum set. 250 counting strikes + Gear together, of course. I'm using both Ragrants and melee for when PP empties out or I can't get a clear Ragrants shot, like when Fang pair is jumping around. Wand melee is 360-424 power backed by an 18% modifier on level 5 Wand Lovers, so yeah. Ragrants probably tops it out (level 3 is 1025 power), but not by that much.

Vatallus
Mar 12, 2015, 05:12 PM
So at Mission 6 Taga is probably the best option if you have the time since he'll give you around 5 levels and two rare units that are affixed and grinded.

Poyonche
Mar 12, 2015, 05:24 PM
The thing I like in C-Mode is that it learns (and learnt to me) how to play with Foie.

Now I am going Talis lol.

Yden
Mar 12, 2015, 05:30 PM
Hmm. How would challenge mode fair for a straight exp farming method with the exp tickets compared to the other ways?

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 05:32 PM
Dreadfully. It's 604K miles to get to level 50 from 1, and that's only 25% of max level or something.

Skyly
Mar 12, 2015, 05:45 PM
Is getting the Grand Cross DBs pretty much based on luck? I managed to get them finally but the MPA I was in only managed to get to the forest rofl. Worst one yet... And I also seen someone with the Heavenly Kite PA. What mission does that drop in.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 12, 2015, 06:11 PM
Only 'luck' involved is if people feed you the weapons for trade-in. You could ask.
I don't remember seeing any DB PA disks at all from playing yesturday.

About wands, 1st interval area, the 3rd, 4th, and last skill disks is PP charge revival, wand lovers, and wand gear. Hope someone drops a gizonde, and hope i bum a ragrants before banthers. Proceed to beat faces.

2nd interval, grab rare wand, ragrants if you dont already have it, element weak hit (1st skill disk), make enemies cry. With just 3ish wand users+ragrants spam on the left side of mission 5, those goldras are so free. Though, you'll want more than 3 people fighting the arms.

Selphea
Mar 12, 2015, 06:16 PM
Hmm. How would challenge mode fair for a straight exp farming method with the exp tickets compared to the other ways?

It's good for one ticket to get a head start but after that you get better XP/time by twinking imo.

Searaphim
Mar 12, 2015, 06:35 PM
My god... some people are real dead weights at this, had to revive the same dude 4 times -.-

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 12, 2015, 06:54 PM
My god... some people are real dead weights at this, had to revive the same dude 4 times -.-

It usually happens to people who think rolling as pure melee up to banthers is a good idea. As much as I love my katanas, I have more sense than using the riskier, less rewarding method in challenge modes (and fighting level 23 enemies with lvl~10 stats as melee is generally unsafe.

Not saying to not do it though. I parry cheesed the banther with the +9 kenei/licht after I got his attention while everyone else was free to do whatever, and of course people want like 3 grand cross users in their MPA.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 07:00 PM
People die to Fang pair way too much. See like 4-5+ deaths a run from them alone. It's pretty ridiculous considering how easy it is to not get hit by them, melee or not. And they don't even OHKO!

Maenara
Mar 12, 2015, 07:00 PM
Sword is pretty amazing in this. If you get Zanba, a fully charged Rising Edge does 2~3k to weakpoints by A4.

landman
Mar 12, 2015, 07:10 PM
I had luck with the groups I played today, reached mission 8 for the first time and the previous one it was mission 7. I can't wait for the item translation to have all skill discs translated because I waste too much time doubting in the third rest area =D

What are the names of the blocks and their description? I'd like to know why some of them are full and others don't have a soul.

BIG OLAF
Mar 12, 2015, 07:11 PM
So is Challenge nothing but impatient tryhards or what? I'm not interested in Challenge at all, but I'm curious to know how party setups and the "community" for it works.

Cyclon
Mar 12, 2015, 07:14 PM
I feel that knuckles have pretty high single target burst damage in this. It's quite useful during area 5 since it is pretty boss-heavy, though proper positioning is mandatory as could be expected.

Also people die because even as melee, everyone typically goes for the vinculum set, which gives very little survivability. Basically people are way too used to going for damage over everything, but the balance is a bit different in c-mode.

Edit:

I had luck with the groups I played today, reached mission 8 for the first time and the previous one it was mission 7. I can't wait for the item translation to have all skill discs translated because I waste too much time doubting in the third rest area =D
There's a translation of these on page 18 of this thread. Just in case.

Bellion
Mar 12, 2015, 07:14 PM
There are carefree blocks, aim for the highest/furthest blocks, use certain strategy(time to learn Japanese!) blocks, and others that I haven't seen because too busy to play CQ atm.

landman
Mar 12, 2015, 07:18 PM
There's a translation of these on page 18 of this thread. Just in case.
Great, I only see 5 pages :wacko: I willl randomly check...

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 07:21 PM
Also people die because even as melee, everyone typically goes for the vinculum set, which gives very little survivability. Basically people are way too used to going for damage over everything, but the balance is a bit different in c-mode.

I'm getting Vinculum set and don't have any trouble with fighting Fang pair with wands. I'm not exactly standing a mile away and using Foie, either. I'm in melee range and not getting hit. This isn't an excuse.

AlphaBlob
Mar 12, 2015, 07:25 PM
We're talking about the same people that have trouble jumping over slow moving laser in Mission 3, all hope is lost..

Cyclon
Mar 12, 2015, 07:27 PM
Great, I only see 5 pages :wacko: I willl randomly check...

Shop 1:
Attack PP restorate
Zero range advance
Charge PP revival
Wand lovers
Sword gear
Twin dagger gear
Twin machinegun gear
Wand gear

Shop 2:
Element weak hit
Dive roll shoot
Rapid shoot
Talis Tech bonus
Wired lance gear
Knuckles gear
Katana gear
Jet boots gear

Shop 3:
Wise stance
Perfect keeper
Elemental burst
DS wind parrying
Twin dagger spin move
Knuckle gear boost
Katana combat
Wand lovers(again)
Rapid boost
Partisan gear
Double saber gear
Dual blade gear

I'm getting Vinculum set and don't have any trouble with fighting Fang pair with wands. I'm not exactly standing a mile away and using Foie, either. I'm in melee range and not getting hit. This isn't an excuse.A random lunge from the Fang you're not attacking can get anyone. It shouldn't happen but it's hard to see coming when it does. You also die in one hit to any trap, and generally have way less room for mistakes.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong as people get more used to the missions though, but for now I'll gladly sacrifice 40 s-atk for the survability spike set provides for melee. For everyone else it's kind of a no brainer though...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 12, 2015, 07:35 PM
Also people die because even as melee, everyone typically goes for the vinculum set, which gives very little survivability. Basically people are way too used to going for damage over everything, but the balance is a bit different in c-mode

This is true. I guess I'm a little weird for paying more attention to the dot set at first instead of the affixes. Yes, I did not realize vinculum was on the psy units at first because I didn't want to be made of glass, so I bought dot without a second thought.

But yeah if you intend to go heavy melee, I recommend the dot set. At the cost of 40 s atk and some PP you get strike resist and HP. Sure some people could be ninjas, but if you're getting clawed by banthers and you're rocking the vinculum units, please stop using them.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 07:38 PM
The traps aren't even in the area with Fang pair. And their lunge only does about 170-180 with full Vinculum. Now, I have gotten hit once from off-screen on like, my second run or so, but my current strategy ensures that this doesn't happen anymore because I can keep both Fang Bans on screen while attacking the control tower. Fang Banshee can't attack through the control tower so it's trivial to destroy it while some other people pull Banther's aggro, then focus on Banshee.

The DEF sets don't even help you take an extra hit anyway, so I don't see much value in them. Allegedly, the fire set has enough DEF to take a Gel Wulff hit, which is useful, but that's about it.

Also, ATK matters way more than it normally does since everyone's ATK scores are way lower than they are at 75/75 with full equipment. I saw one of my team members take twice as long to break a circle trap with the same weapon because they weren't going for Vinculum set.

Skyly
Mar 12, 2015, 08:03 PM
Dam.. Got the the forest again but the party decided to north to the Wolgahdas and Hunar and we couldn't kill hunar fast enough :(. The Tagami spawns to the left are far better.. Ended up getting the 3rd rest area DBs and picked up a Justice Crow PA from a Wolgahda

Cyclon
Mar 12, 2015, 08:04 PM
The traps aren't even in the area with Fang pair.Indeed, but then again I wasn't really responding to your comment in the first place. That wasn't really clear, sorry.

Honestly, I can't speak too much on the precise survivability difference between the two sets, so there's not much more to add. Yes, attack matters a lot, but one person dying will screw everyone a lot more than one person dealing 10% less damage, and healing items are limited and very expensive. And everyone isn't amazing at this game of course. So writing off additional defense as pointless right now seems hazardous to me.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure I recall surviving a gel wulff hit several times with just the spike set, which can only have happened in mission 4 since I always go left in 5. Not certain though...