PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Various Interview tidbit - Ultimate Lilipa stone gurantee 13*

Sizustar
Mar 11, 2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks to Evil Mag for one of the link.
Not feeling well, think I got the flu, so I won't do a full translation, someone else can do it.
But these are the main point that I think players are interested in.

From G-Heaven.net

Beside the Ultimate Lilipa all enemy having a chance to drop 13*, there will be 13* stone exchange weapon that can be gotten from Ultimtate Lilipa

Source:
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2015/03/150312a.html

Regarding Ultimate Lilipa

Kimura: ULT was first only on Planet Naberious, the new ULT is on Planet Lilipa, because of the introduction of Mech enemy we are naming it "Ultimate Mecha" Something like a lifeform or a mech, will I get in trouble for saying too much?

Sakai: There will be enemy like "Z*id*<Zoids liger thing>

Kimura: Regarding 13* drop, in Nab ULt, only the Anga and other boss have a chance to drop 13*, in Ultimate Lilipa, all enemy have a chance to drop 13*, so we hope player will do this mission alot.

Regarding Nagisa

Kimura: Although Nagisa will appear ingame, you don't need to buy the physical box to play with her(get her NPC) her outfit is a bonus for buying the physical box, so in a sense we are using her to advertise the game.

Sakai: In short, if you want Nagisa clothe, buy the box

Regarding AIS and Megatsu

Sakai: This time you will be in AIS contineiusly(Regarding AIS vs. Megatsu phase 2)

Kimura: So, even if your HP reach 0, you will respawn in a AIS in about 5 second, so I think this might be a easy mission

Regarding 15th Annivesary event

Q. Will that Boss make people relive that memory?

Sakai: I can't say, it will spoil the fun, but I designed that boss

Kimura: If we say mroe, we'll get killed~

Regarding Sega restructring

Q. Sega will change it's name to Sega Games in April, will that affect PSO2 in anyway?

Sakai: We won't have any change, nor staff change

Kimura: Any change? I think it's too late to change the logo, maybe on future box product will have logo change?

Regarding PSO2

PSO2 have been running for 2 1/2 year, do you consider it a success?

Sakai: I think it's a big success, we've consitently been in the Top 1, or 2 earner in Sega, and is now one of it's piller in profit, even after we suffer some mistake and compensation, we are still making a profit, the parent company told us to "Please continue doing your good work"

Regarding Collab

Sakai: Although we've done collab with Anime, and game, I think it will be fun to do collab with real stuff or real companies.

Q. Can you be more specific or example?

Sakai: I mean, like a collab like what we did at the last thank event, and say we do a event with various school uniform ingame, or Airline, and have the air hostess uniform ingame... I'm not a uniform complex

Source:
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/20150311_691829.html

Kimura: WE HAVE NO PLAN TO BUFF GU

Regarding Episode 3, GU becomg too powerful after the Episode balance change, but at it's current situation, although it is a harder class to play, if you put in work, it can be as strong if not stronger then other class, this is our goal.

I know that there are player not happy with the current way of Gu, but if they try it out, I think they can accept it

Although there are 8 job class in PSO2, during Episode 2, a vast majority of player are GU, after the balance change in Episode 3, although we got alot of complaint, the current number of player that play all the class is now more balanced, so I feel this is the best situation currently

Regarding C-mode
Kimura: Actually, beside clearing C-mode, and picking it up in C-mode, there are other ways to get Miles, becasue if you only get 1000+ miles per run, it will take too long

We did say on the March 1st Live broadcast that if you get 12 strong player, you can get enough miles in 1 day, it isn't luck, but by clearing "goals"

We are trying to see if not relying RNG, but on player skill to get rare item.

Source:
http://www.gaming-city.com/matome/2015031001

TOZ collab, we initiated it

It's suprising that you have a collab with TOZ, which side initiated contact?

Kimura: We started it, during the Playstation Awards 2013 fesstival, we had alot of chance to talk to other people int he game industry, we got the chance to talk to the producer of the Tales Of serie, and after going out to drink we heard about TO having a 20th annivesary TOZ product, so we asked

It is a suprise to collab with them, right?

WHAT IS THE 15th ANNIVESARY BOSS!?

Kimura: I CAN"T TELL YOU~~

Sakai: Although It's PSO, It might be the Dreamcast version of PSO boss? That's all I can say.

Other stuff.
Sakai: Even if it is only a dream, I want to do collab with Uniforms, I've asked Kimura multiple time, but he keeps on shooting it down, Uniform from all the highschool, corporation, Police and the Self defense force should be fun to wear in game, I think.

Source:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/021/1021028/

Z-0
Mar 11, 2015, 06:39 AM
All enemies drop 13* in Ult Lilipa, huh. I hope that means they'll drop Ares and whatever the best 13*s are, because if they put the best ones (assuming there are new ones) on a boss only, welp. :wacko:

Selphea
Mar 11, 2015, 06:56 AM
Can't deny that demographically Gu is still commonly played, but i don't think demographics directly correlate to the performance of a class. Or at least, overall demographics.

Taking top 1% of IR teams over the course of a few months might work, or top 1% of Arks GP timings. Ah well at least now we know their criteria for measuring class balance.

sol_trigger
Mar 11, 2015, 07:27 AM
I'm not a uniform complex

fire this man for justice pls

Maenara
Mar 11, 2015, 07:31 AM
Sakai: This time you will be in AIS contineiusly(Regarding AIS vs. Megatsu phase 2)

Kimura: So, even if your HP reach 0, you will respawn in a AIS in about 5 second, so I think this might be a easy mission

are you fucking kidding me

Misaki Ki
Mar 11, 2015, 08:38 AM
Those poor fighter weapons!

Xaeris
Mar 11, 2015, 08:45 AM
I know that there are player not happy with the current way of Gu, but if they try it out, I think they can accept it

It just so happens that my long career playing online games has made me fluent in game dev. Here, he appears to be saying, "gunner is fine, learn to play."

On a more serious note, I do wonder about their data. It's very easy to look at data and draw a sound, but completely wrong conclusion. They say that gunner has a fair representation among the played classes, which, hey, is believable. Though, if all they're doing is looking at who has a gunner leveled to 75, they're including the people who play gunner exclusively to hit the cube pinata.

Shinamori
Mar 11, 2015, 08:50 AM
It seems like they're planning to add 13* to other bosses in ULT forest.

Zorafim
Mar 11, 2015, 09:41 AM
This game is one of Sega's biggest earners? And they're treating it like this? I was under the assumption that this game was one of their side projects, considering how little effort seems to be put into this game. But it's one of the major sources of income?

Shunx
Mar 11, 2015, 10:15 AM

I stopped reading here and couldn't stop laughing.

Regarding Episode 3, GU becomg too powerful after the Episode balance change, but at it's current situation, although it is a harder class to play, if you put in work, it can be as strong if not stronger then other class, this is our goal.

Although there are 8 job class in PSO2, during Episode 2, a vast majority of player are GU, after the balance change in Episode 3, although we got alot of complaint, the current number of player that play all the class is now more balanced, so I feel this is the best situation currently

Is that really their only answer, that sounds like poor decision making.

Sizustar
Mar 11, 2015, 10:39 AM
This game is one of Sega's biggest earners? And they're treating it like this? I was under the assumption that this game was one of their side projects, considering how little effort seems to be put into this game. But it's one of the major sources of income?

In the various earning report, PSO2 and mobile division(Chain Chronicle) are the top earner for Sega, which is also why in the recent restructring, they are saying they are putting more resource to it.

So hopefully, Sakai and the PSO2 team, can finally get the new server machine they've been asking for.

Sizustar
Mar 12, 2015, 02:50 AM
TOZ collab, we initiated it

It's suprising that you have a collab with TOZ, which side initiated contact?

Kimura: We started it, during the Playstation Awards 2013 fesstival, we had alot of chance to talk to other people int he game industry, we got the chance to talk to the producer of the Tales Of serie, and after going out to drink we heard about TO having a 20th annivesary TOZ product, so we asked

It is a suprise to collab with them, right?

WHAT IS THE 15th ANNIVESARY BOSS!?

Kimura: I CAN"T TELL YOU~~

Sakai: Although It's PSO, It might be the Dreamcast version of PSO boss? That's all I can say.

Other stuff.
Sakai: Even if it is only a dream, I want to do collab with Uniforms, I've asked Kimura multiple time, but he keeps on shooting it down, Uniform from all the highschool, corporation, Police and the Self defense force should be fun to wear in game, I think.

Source:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/021/1021028/

Rain Walker
Mar 12, 2015, 03:40 AM

why does this thing have to be in cap
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/cries-in-spanish.jpg

Digital Pain
Mar 12, 2015, 04:00 AM
15'th Anniversary boss "may be one from the Dreamcast" I was thinking it was going to be Gal Gryphon but he was added in Episode 2 of PSO which if I recall wasn't released on Dreamcast.

Poyonche
Mar 12, 2015, 04:11 AM
So what we gonna get ?

-Dragon -De Rol Le -Vol Opt -Dark Falz ?

TaigaUC
Mar 12, 2015, 04:19 AM
I suspect PSO2 is a top earner specifically because they invest so little into it.

landman
Mar 12, 2015, 05:21 AM
They are trying to make it a surprise but welp, datamining said Gal long ago lol (unless it was fake.. could it be fake and they just added the file to troll us?)

Sizustar
Mar 12, 2015, 01:20 PM
From G-Heaven.net

Beside the Ultimate Lilipa all enemy having a chance to drop 13*, there will be 13* stone exchange weapon that can be gotten from Ultimtate Lilipa

Source:
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2015/03/150312a.html

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 02:37 PM
This is great.

According to this, you get stones from clearing the quest too. I just hope that it doesn't take 6 months to farm enough for 1 20 element 13* weapon, and can be done in a reasonable amount of time if you don't drop what you want.

I'm also hoping the trade-ins are just as good as the current / whatever will be the best 13*s. (by that I mean I hope it's the same stuff)

Dnd
Mar 12, 2015, 02:42 PM
yo dawg we heard you like collecting stones so have some more stones to go with your stones while clogging up your storage even more

While im happy we get to work towards another 13* sooner or later thats assured, this stone stuff has to stop its getting insane now

Para
Mar 12, 2015, 02:48 PM
Needs more kancolle collab talk.

Neith
Mar 12, 2015, 02:54 PM
Strange that they mention Dreamcast PSO when we thought the PSO boss was going to be Gal Gryphon (which was new in GC/Xbox PSO from what I remember). Vol Opt or Falz would be interesting; hopefully not the PSO Dragon or De Rol though as we have similar bosses already.

Glad to see they're thinking more about Ultimate Lilipa; Ultimate Naberius is almost deserted aside from locked Anga runs so it's almost impossible to find parties who'll kill Diabo (unfortunately I wanted Yamigarasu which doesn't drop from any of the regular Ultimate monsters!). Hopefully it works out and people stick with this one.

EvilMag
Mar 12, 2015, 02:56 PM
So Ideal 13*s already gonna be outclassed next month?

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 03:51 PM
They're already outclassed as they are.

Maenara
Mar 12, 2015, 04:15 PM
Ideal weapons have 18% for bosses.

NovaanVerdiano
Mar 12, 2015, 04:32 PM
Ideal weapons have 18% for bosses.

Is this confirmed?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 12, 2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah. They're 10/14/18% for levels 1/2/3.

Xaeris
Mar 12, 2015, 04:41 PM
That's an excellent development, regarding the stones. I wish they had gotten off their butts about killing Anga farming sooner, but hey, better late than never.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2015, 04:55 PM
Is this confirmed?
Ya, Quadrillion spammed the fuck out of CM and got Ideal to check the latent:

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/gxHo8/2b333d18b2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

From Qualy's twitter (https://twitter.com/pso2_akn/status/576042500797825024).

ZER0 DX
Mar 12, 2015, 06:01 PM
hopefully not the PSO Dragon or De Rol though as we have similar bosses already.

Pretty sure it will be Gal Gryphon and more likely than not they just forgot it wasn't in the Dreamcast version. Not really uncommon for that to happen with game developers apparently.

However, if that turns out to actually not be the case I can almost guarantee it will be a modified Vol Dragon reskinned to look like the PSO Dragon, or a modified Bal Rodos reskinned to look like De Rol Le.

Chances are probably higher for Dragon though considering it's the first boss of the game, Sakai designed it and uses it as his signature, and even threw a near carbon copy of it into PSP2i. He really likes that Dragon for some reason.

Also, speaking of that PSO anniversary thing, either they're keeping incredibly quiet on what all is planned, or they really only have that one Boss and that will be it, in which case that would be incredibly disappointing. There are so many things they could pull off for the 15th anniversary like adding in the outfits, Pioneer 2 or PSO lobby team room themes, the actual planet of Ragol with it's various locations and everything considering space and time travel seems to be a thing, etc. Only having one boss for an anniversary event seems to be kind of a waste. Granted, even though it's been done to death and PSO2 already has its own versions of pretty much all the areas on Ragol, (although with a completely different aesthetic) I wouldn't mind seeing another MAG-style mission in a similar way to how PSU did it. Which reminds me, we probably won't even get a VR run through mission of Gurhal for PSU's 10th anniversary which is coming up next year. Would be nice to see some areas from that game again.

Macman
Mar 12, 2015, 08:01 PM

So Sega sees people playing "bow braver feat.: chain trigger" as "gunner is too powerful"?
LMAO good fucking god.

wefwq
Mar 12, 2015, 09:25 PM
This is great.

According to this, you get stones from clearing the quest too. I just hope that it doesn't take 6 months to farm enough for 1 20 element 13* weapon, and can be done in a reasonable amount of time if you don't drop what you want.

I'm also hoping the trade-ins are just as good as the current / whatever will be the best 13*s. (by that I mean I hope it's the same stuff)
They won't make it any easier than cmode grindfest.
Maybe even more tedious since ultimate enemies are tank as fuck.

I wish :-(

Padoca85
Mar 12, 2015, 10:08 PM
yo dawg we heard you like collecting stones so have some more stones to go with your stones while clogging up your storage even more

While im happy we get to work towards another 13* sooner or later thats assured, this stone stuff has to stop its getting insane now

^this

Sizustar
Mar 13, 2015, 05:45 AM

They say they will possible have more information on such thing at the live broadcast~

Achelousaurus
Mar 13, 2015, 08:38 AM
are you fucking kidding me
I'm fine with this.

I don't expect this to go any different from Advent, turning into a cube (or other reward) shower soon enough.
So it's just about "how many runs can I get" and now about tackling a fun challenge.

So this just makes it harder for randoms to fuck up your runs.

All enemies drop 13* in Ult Lilipa, huh. I hope that means they'll drop Ares and whatever the best 13*s are, because if they put the best ones (assuming there are new ones) on a boss only, welp. :wacko:
Yes =/

It just so happens that my long career playing online games has made me fluent in game dev. Here, he appears to be saying, "gunner is fine, learn to play."

On a more serious note, I do wonder about their data. It's very easy to look at data and draw a sound, but completely wrong conclusion. They say that gunner has a fair representation among the played classes, which, hey, is believable. Though, if all they're doing is looking at who has a gunner leveled to 75, they're including the people who play gunner exclusively to hit the cube pinata.
Pretty sure a lot of people actively use GU for ct, so it's not even having lvled it for later used once good again but actual active usage. Just not with its main purpose in mine as tmg slinging John Woo character. Sega just doesn't care about it.

Maybe if as much time has passed as between hu being mostly used for fury stance and hu being used for its weapons Sega will finally realize it must be changed.

It seems like they're planning to add 13* to other bosses in ULT forest.
Yeah. Or they derped.

Monster parts are worse though. Well over a hundred already.

But stones sound as epic as cm, I just hope the weapons are as good as Ares or better.
Quite disappointed in ideal weapons with there 3-7% more dmg than Anga weapons on bosses.

Chdata
Mar 13, 2015, 08:55 AM
Maybe there's still GU left, because some people joined when GU was op, and now it's their only leveled up class?

final_attack
Mar 13, 2015, 09:24 AM
Probably, rather than looking at classes used by players, it's better to look at weapon category used?

I'm still using Tmg Gu as main though. I do have other classes leveled (on another char, most capped. Only Hu and Fo left, I think, but not much time to level them due to irl things :( ) and I do play with them sometimes ..... But still main Tmg Gu for maximum enjoyment and usability (not really enjoy or good enough with other weapon types other than Tmg. Equipment other than Tmg is kinda lacking too ....... around +60 ~ +95 Atk Affix on both units and weapons. Not much money to spare. Currently saving up to prepare for *13 tmg should I ever get it) :wacko:

Oh, they'll give *13 on shops too? Wanna see how long it'll take to get those and wondering how good those will be (compared to the dropped one, hopefully the same) ....... Hopefully not too much time to find / get ...... because, again, not much time playing due to irl :wacko:

Sizustar
Mar 13, 2015, 09:24 AM
Maybe there's still GU left, because some people joined when GU was op, and now it's their only leveled up class?

Well, maybe they are counting PSo2es?

Since TMG is one of the OP weapon in PSO2es.

Loveless62
Mar 13, 2015, 09:25 AM

I am pretty sure Sega is doing this on purpose. The more problems you have with storage, the more pressure you feel to get premium for more storage space, right?

isCasted
Mar 13, 2015, 09:39 AM
I am pretty sure they said that they are aware of the storage problem and they are thinking about it. Who knows what's really on their mind, though... Having a guarantee is still better than never knowing if that thing would ever drop; it's better to know that your effort is not for nothing.

Ever since EP3 balance changes I wanted to see one thing: a video of someone from balancing team showing how they actually intended GU to be played. Isn't it strange that nobody from 3.5 million Player IDs figured out "the trick" that makes GU strong in conditions when CT can't be used?

Gama
Mar 13, 2015, 11:00 AM
FO is op and most people suck at it.

so yeah, if youre good as gu youll beat most people.

Hrith
Mar 13, 2015, 11:02 AM
I'm glad they're trying hard to make Ultimate worth playing for good players, too. I hope this works.

Agastya
Mar 13, 2015, 12:37 PM
gunners are fine, stop clicking infinity fire all day with your ra subclass and hitting body shots and maybe you'll start killing things.

HeyItsTHK
Mar 13, 2015, 02:06 PM

Treating it like what? The game is exceptional from a casual standpoint. There's plenty to be done on the higher end of course, but I can only assume the higher end is a strong minority, after all they haven't had a jump event (where you make a new char and it's auto high level) yet :whacko:. Only other big MMO in Japan from what I can tell is FF14.

Ever since EP3 balance changes I wanted to see one thing: a video of someone from balancing team showing how they actually intended GU to be played. Isn't it strange that nobody from 3.5 million Player IDs figured out "the trick" that makes GU strong in conditions when CT can't be used?

It's on the site ain't it? Dead Approach, Reverse Tap -> x for mobbing (and heel shot is still good), CT (and wb) on bosses. I actually like playing Gu/Ra, real easy to hit weak point and headshots without being precise (though Sat Aim should knock down instead of launch) and you get all that sweet ranger utility. It's not the powerhouse it used to be, but it's not as boring and dreadful as it used to be either. Best class? Nope, but still good. The design is a mid to close range r-atk class, if that's not for you play something else.

But why bother when you can just hold and release buttons as a Fo, amirite?

gunners are fine, stop clicking infinity fire all day with your ra subclass and hitting body shots and maybe you'll start killing things.

pretty much.

Rakurai
Mar 13, 2015, 10:54 PM
Aerial Satellite Aim spam is the true way to play Gunner.

Unfortunately, most of them don't seem to realize that.

landman
Mar 14, 2015, 05:10 AM
Someone seems very obsessed with uniforms... then give us the biker uniform, the morotcycle cop one, the navy and the construction worker to go with the cowboy hat and the native american feathers lol

Maenara
Mar 14, 2015, 08:01 AM
I'm fine with this.

I don't expect this to go any different from Advent, turning into a cube (or other reward) shower soon enough.
So it's just about "how many runs can I get" and now about tackling a fun challenge.

So this just makes it harder for randoms to fuck up your runs.

It stops being any fun once you realize how well you play has literally no effect.

I can't believe you'd be willing to sacrifice entertainment value just to get more virtual currency in a game whose sole purpose is to provide entertainment.

Edson Drake
Mar 14, 2015, 08:05 AM
Someone seems very obsessed with uniforms... then give us the biker uniform, the morotcycle cop one, the navy and the construction worker to go with the cowboy hat and the native american feathers lol

Y.M.C.A. Repca.

Z-0
Mar 14, 2015, 08:31 AM
It stops being any fun once you realize how well you play has literally no effect.

I can't believe you'd be willing to sacrifice entertainment value just to get more virtual currency in a game whose sole purpose is to provide entertainment.
Just because there's no penalty for failing doesn't mean that playing well has no effect. If you pay attention, it's actually the people who play the best who have the most virtual currency. Besides, games like PSO2 are all about effort/reward. Most people love being rewarded for effort, it's like the entire point of MMOs.

Tactical stuff like Challenge Mode has always existed in PSO2, it's just everyone chooses to ignore it because it doesn't look the way they want it, and those who haven't have everything you probably want. I have over a billion in assets easily from "playing well", doing extra TDs, Magatsu, 2~3 minute TAs in order to farm modulator, and all that garbage.

The game does not have to be about "not dying" in order to be fun and have a skill ceiling which rewards players.

That being said though, Magatsu 2 will probably end up being one run only, and can only do 4 chars max per ship, so playing well like Elder/Luther might not be as important for rare hunting.

Maenara
Mar 14, 2015, 08:34 AM
Or it could be once per account, just like phase one of the same EQ, except that the first phase limits you to four.

Achelousaurus
Mar 14, 2015, 01:45 PM
Probably, rather than looking at classes used by players, it's better to look at weapon category used?
You can ask Sega nicely if they might reconsider or try to tell them how to play their game.
Either way I don't think they give a damn unless it's a noticeable percentage of the Japanese players doing this.

I am pretty sure Sega is doing this on purpose. The more problems you have with storage, the more pressure you feel to get premium for more storage space, right?
Yeah. Pretty sure it's one of the reasons we didn't get mass desnyth yet and if we do it sounds like it's only 10 discs at once.

I'm glad they're trying hard to make Ultimate worth playing for good players, too. I hope this works.
I hope, too.
But I am quite sure their idea of difficulty is just to increase the clusterfuck which is mostly annoying and only difficult as a side effect.

Treating it like what? The game is exceptional from a casual standpoint. There's plenty to be done on the higher end of course, but I can only assume the higher end is a strong minority, after all they haven't had a jump event (where you make a new char and it's auto high level) yet :whacko:. Only other big MMO in Japan from what I can tell is FF14.
Yeah, for a casual it's a never ending candy ride. New content almost every week.
Every month or so a relatively big update and every few months something massive like cmode, ult, etc.
Possibly this is also the reason they don't care so much about balance or details. Keeping people playing is much easier than getting new players, so they make much more of an effort to reel in new players instead of pleasing veterans.
We will continue playing either way.

Nah, I meant I don't expect this to have much entertainment value in the first place.
I was so hyped for Magatsu but then it turned out to be total shit. And not even only the glitches and lags. I was hyped for being able to jump up and whack him but turns out at first his knees are far out of melee range and after the jump boost he is still way out of melee range. And it's nothing but stop & go.
Time right when to attack and when to dodge, nothing else.
This is why I don't think Magatsu phase 2 is gonna be much more, and if it's not very fun and only there for rewards, might as well get them more easily.

Just because there's no penalty for failing doesn't mean that playing well has no effect. If you pay attention, it's actually the people who play the best who have the most virtual currency. Besides, games like PSO2 are all about effort/reward. Most people love being rewarded for effort, it's like the entire point of MMOs.

Tactical stuff like Challenge Mode has always existed in PSO2, it's just everyone chooses to ignore it because it doesn't look the way they want it, and those who haven't have everything you probably want. I have over a billion in assets easily from "playing well", doing extra TDs, Magatsu, 2~3 minute TAs in order to farm modulator, and all that garbage.

The game does not have to be about "not dying" in order to be fun and have a skill ceiling which rewards players.

That being said though, Magatsu 2 will probably end up being one run only, and can only do 4 chars max per ship, so playing well like Elder/Luther might not be as important for rare hunting.
Yeah. I can't think of a single EQ in this game that is any real challenge. In the end it always comes down to "how fast can I do to get more runs to get more stuff"?

This game isn't really about challenges after a certain level (aside from cmode ofc) but just about GOING FAST.
Pretty sure it's cause the first PSO was made by Team Sonic.

Or it could be once per account, just like phase one of the same EQ, except that the first phase limits you to four.
I think it's probably like Elder or Luther. Phase 1 was only limited cause people did it so much they were swimming in cubes, but while you can technically do Elder/Luther on every character you have (up to 12) and now don't even need to do Doritos for Luther (and presumably arms for Elder), it's not something that has a huge effect on the game.
Neither has drop rates high enough for it and I think Magatsu phase 2 will probably end up like TD1, a few easy to get cubes and a few strong, hard to get weapons but not remotely as many as phase 1.

In the first place I think phase 1's drops are Sega just overcompensating as always.
Magatsu only dropped shit and many didn't do him at all. So raise his drops or all the r&d and ad time and effort put into him is kinda wasted.
And whenever parts of the game are wasted cause too few people do them, it also means people get bored cause there was no new content they liked for a while.
Make the new content you have more appealing and suddenly people play again. Even better, getting so many drops from a single eq means running out of space easily, so people are inclined to buy storage with AC.

PS: No, I don't do concise. Or rather, I would have to go back and edit my posts to be concise.