PDA

View Full Version : English Challenge Block?

loool
Mar 11, 2015, 02:22 PM
Ok, which one is it?

the_importer_
Mar 11, 2015, 02:38 PM
Hmm that's right, ships can play together in these things.

AlphaBlob
Mar 11, 2015, 02:51 PM
411 anyone? Seem pretty empty lol.

Sp-24
Mar 11, 2015, 04:17 PM
We really need to decide on this so people know what block to avoid.

Maenara
Mar 11, 2015, 04:22 PM
I say it's 450, since that's a nice round number.

Vintasticvin
Mar 11, 2015, 04:36 PM
No, stay on b1 AFKing like pros. We don't need trash littering Cmode blocks.

Aquanos
Mar 11, 2015, 05:06 PM
im confused on who's bad anymore...B1 calls PSOW players bad...and PSOW calls B1 bad?
and gaijin's call each other gaijins? I MEAN...ok...

Gama
Mar 11, 2015, 05:37 PM
not sure if "trash" afkers would go to c mode lobbies. whats the point.

Keilyn
Mar 11, 2015, 05:39 PM
I tend to not use Gaijin as a word, because it has become derogatory and enough has been proven as such due to the "us or them" philosophy. Japanophiles try to claim its a shortened word of Gaikokujin, but plenty of Japanophiles do not know the language.

Gaijin has two kanji, the first meaning outside, and the other meaning person. Combined it means a person from the outside. A foreigner to the in-group itself in an "Us or them"philosophy that is very dangerous to "master-race" philosophy of putting down every person that does not see their way as a reflex action. The entire "you aren't part of us, since you aren't one of us, therefore we are us, and you are them" which I seriously hate.

The actual word taught in compulsory education is Gaikokujin, which is three Kanji, Gai (for outside), Koku (for nation), and Jin (person). Combined the three read as "A person from an outside nation" which is the REAL DEFINITION of what a foreigner actually means.

When Japanese refer to me as such in colleges, I tell them "I can speak in your language, can you speak in mine?" I rather not start trouble, but I won't let people get away with all their shit either. Especially since im close to finishing my training to become a full teacher. (In this state for people to become teachers you need state certification, state licensure, and a masters degree in Education to actually get your own classroom as well as a full practicum.)

FSOD X
Mar 11, 2015, 06:12 PM
Instead of arguing and going into long dialogs about the word gaijin why dont you guys just pick a block?

Someone suggested 411 or 450. Sounds good to me.

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2015, 06:18 PM
I tend to not use Gaijin as a word, because it has become derogatory and enough has been proven as such due to the "us or them" philosophy. Japanophiles try to claim its a shortened word of Gaikokujin, but plenty of Japanophiles do not know the language.
I think literally everyone here uses the word gaijin in a derogatory or ironic way. I don't know why you would think otherwise.

Chdata
Mar 11, 2015, 06:20 PM
And that stems from Japanese using Gaijin with a negative connotation.

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2015, 06:26 PM
And that stems from Japanese using Gaijin with a negative connotation.Yeah I know. I was just confused as to why somone would think anyone here wouldn't know that.

Vampy
Mar 11, 2015, 06:30 PM
On the subject of an english player block can you not? We are already viewd poorly we don't need that to transfer in to shared blocks either if you plan to have an "english" speaker block stay on your ship of choice.

the_importer_
Mar 11, 2015, 06:50 PM
I don't give a shit about this Gaijin issue for 2 reasons:

1- I can't read what they type, so I can't be offended
2- Words don't mean dick to me, show me your strenght on the battlefield

Chrysheight
Mar 11, 2015, 07:06 PM
I've played with JP players all day. I actually got further playing with Maenara, Stealth and many others. Regardless, JP players aren't bad. I'll be playing where ever.

AlphaBlob
Mar 11, 2015, 10:10 PM
Pretty sure we hate ourselves more than the JP players hate us. This hate toward english player is getting ridiculous...

HeyItsTHK
Mar 12, 2015, 12:21 AM
Pretty sure we hate ourselves more than the JP players hate us. This hate toward english player is getting ridiculous...

WELCOME TO THE PHANTASY STAR ONLINE WORLD

landman
Mar 12, 2015, 05:25 AM
It's certainly convenient to be able to chat in Challenge mode, but since the mission is always the same, I guess a few pre-translated phrases should be enough in time (right now I would be ok with something like: "can anyone share a spare gi-zonde disk?" :wacko: )

Rakurai
Mar 12, 2015, 05:35 AM
It gets kind of sad to see the same players getting killed by the same silly things like the traps in mission 4 on multiple runs.

I hope organized groups will become more of a norm in the future, because I don't think I'll be getting my weapon any time soon with how bad the average group I've been in is.

Pirrip
Mar 12, 2015, 05:35 AM
411 hype

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 05:38 AM

I admit I laughed pretty hard. GGs.

That being said;

I'm surprised PSO2 doesnt just link to tumblr. The self-hate is so god damn strong. I'm wouldnt be surprised if tumblr pitied this place.

Pirrip
Mar 12, 2015, 06:18 AM
wouldnt be surprised if tumblr pitied this place.

We do. Everyone with a tumblr knows about PSO-World and how it's a black hole of scrubnificent weeaboo trash.

Sincerely,
One single piece of scrubnificent weeaboo trash on tumblr.

P.S. The PSO2 community on tumblr is almost non-existent. Aside from a few fan-blogs, there's almost nobody on tumblr who knows or cares about PSO2. Just sayain.

Also, 411 confirmed.

Edson Drake
Mar 12, 2015, 06:24 AM
Not B420? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Disappointed...

GHNeko
Mar 12, 2015, 06:27 AM
We do. Everyone with a tumblr knows about PSO-World and how it's a black hole of scrubnificent weeaboo trash.

Sincerely,
One single piece of scrubnificent weeaboo trash on tumblr.

P.S. The PSO2 community on tumblr is almost non-existent. Aside from a few fan-blogs, there's almost nobody on tumblr who knows or cares about PSO2. Just sayain.

Also, 411 confirmed.

This is infinitely amusing.

Not B420? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Disappointed...

Too close to B20. Sorry. Denied.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Mar 12, 2015, 07:18 AM

+1

I would give you a cookie if I knew you.

SamuraiBooma1
Mar 12, 2015, 01:30 PM
Not B420? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Disappointed...

^ -_- lolol

n_n
Mar 12, 2015, 01:48 PM
im confused on who's bad anymore...B1 calls PSOW players bad...and PSOW calls B1 bad?
Both are bad.

Vintasticvin
Mar 12, 2015, 02:17 PM
I like how the english are all seperated cause if they were all the "kiddies" would come back out from wherever and go on a crashing spree just so they can read the forums of English players freaking out while the attacker/s rub one out.

Cyclon
Mar 12, 2015, 04:12 PM
Welp, both 411 and 450 are completely empty at the moment. So that's nice.

landman
Mar 12, 2015, 07:16 PM
In the end if you know what to buy seems like communication is not that important, at the most to ask for a PA disk. Chat translator makes wonders, Japanese players say west? you go west.

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 12, 2015, 07:51 PM
Lol is this a troll thread? cuz OP you didn't even spell Challenge correctly . xD xD

loool
Mar 12, 2015, 11:51 PM
Lol is this a troll thread? cuz OP you didn't even spell Challenge correctly . xD xD

Yes. It is a troll thread to see how bad PSO-World community is... disappointing.

mctastee
Mar 14, 2015, 12:24 AM
I will pick whatever block has the most people. Deal with it.

mctastee
Mar 14, 2015, 12:25 AM
Yes. It is a troll thread to see how bad PSO-World community is... disappointing.

No one is better at hating us than we are.

wefwq
Mar 14, 2015, 12:42 AM
No one is better at hating us than we are.
Can't be helped since vocal EN population are actually really sucked at the game.

Cerebral Assassin
Mar 14, 2015, 01:31 AM
"Looks like we made it in One Piece.™"

yo tell yo guys to chill hahaha

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 14, 2015, 04:00 AM

ah i see, but lol funny, it was corrected,

kuromechan
Mar 14, 2015, 04:32 AM
So glad that Shared Ship is Afker free. idlers maybe not

Chdata
Mar 14, 2015, 04:52 AM

But if we were complacent with being a burden to better players everyone would be worse off overall, so it's fine.

GHNeko
Mar 14, 2015, 06:34 AM
But if we were complacent with being a burden to better players everyone would be worse off overall, so it's fine.

That's horrible reasoning holy shit.

"Let's hate ourselves because if we dont, then everyone suffers."

That shit accomplishes nothing but breed virtrol and ire. It's not even productive. If anything, it's more COUNTER-productive than productive because a community that lacks malice and is actually engaging and supportive breeds better players than not.

Why?

The correct answer is not being complacent with low skill, but fostering a community environment where improving one's skill is something people would want to actually do as a result of interacting with the community.

But of course that means the community would have to do WORK to achieve this goal, god forbid.

No game is worth being a god damn knobbleknocker towards other people over. Unless there is something tangibly huge on the line, there is no rationale that would be even remotely reasonal to support this line of thinking.

Christ. The fuck is up with this train of thought? Seriously?!