PDA

View Full Version : I miss this game :(

Genoa
Mar 11, 2015, 06:00 PM
Found one of my old external hard drives and found my PSU screenshot folder... oh man :(

Despite starting my Phantasy Star feels with PSO V2...
And playing all through PSO GC
And playing all through PSOBB
And playing on private servers for PSOBB long after the official servers were taken down...

I miss playing PSU the most?
I tried analyzing why I felt this way, and I believe I have come to the conclusion it was not the game alone.
With PSO, I mostly played by myself for years (All through V2 and GC). It wasn't until BB that I started playing online. And even when I was online, I primarily played with some close-IRL friends and the occasional PSO-Worlder.

But I played PSU the day of launch and played it till the very end of it's life on PC/PS2 servers. And I played with many different PSO-Worlders and IRL friends alike.

I met many fun and interesting people in the PSU community.
And for someone who primarily plays current mainstream MMORPG's out there... I can say (for my personal experience) that the PSU community was the best I have experienced.

I have quit many other games before simply due to the lack of a decent community. Even if I found a small click to play with... the seemingly abundant population of herpderps superseded the good, crushing my replay value.

On PSU I played as Geno, but mostly on my various "Special K" toons...
And I miss all the people I met and played with... I wish I could play PSU online again. (I am aware of some.... future cannot-speak-of-on-forums stuff) :x

I miss you guys :'(

Noblewine
Mar 14, 2015, 09:51 PM
I miss the online mode too. The events and people I befriended while online made the game fun.

DreXxiN
Mar 19, 2015, 01:39 AM
That of which we shall not speak just went public...so hopefully things develop from here. :P

.Jack
Mar 19, 2015, 05:58 PM
Yup, it's back online somewhere. I dunno if it's allowed to link where to but you can Google it :-)

Noblewine
Mar 19, 2015, 09:02 PM
Lets get hype for the return of psu! :0

*crossing finger it succeeds this time*