PDA

View Full Version : Public Autowords on Death?

Mattykins
Mar 14, 2015, 06:10 PM
Now I, like many people, I'm sure, find public autowords a little silly. That said, I want people to notice me when I die, so I put my death autowords in public.

That said again, my autowords are a little silly (Ever do an MPA with someone who broke their "little loli neck" or the like? That was me) and I secretly wonder if people blacklist me for it in quests where I happen to die a few times more than usual.

I know I'll come to regret asking you people this, but I wanna know the consensus on this issue.

Sayara
Mar 14, 2015, 06:13 PM
Since the map givesd you a (!) when you're dead now You got a bit more priority to be revived, or seen i guess. Also 20FUN woot!!!

I only use a public autoword when im typing ありがとう。 Otherwise my autowords are party mode only... or just entirely off

Scale of Judgment
Mar 14, 2015, 06:13 PM
男性アーチャーボイス /vo20 [Unknown to death...Nor known to Life.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzJiHk2qpk&feature=player_detailpage#t=144

BIG OLAF
Mar 14, 2015, 06:16 PM
Nope, fuck ya autowords. That's why SEGA added the red exclamation alerts both on the map and over your head.

Sayara
Mar 14, 2015, 06:18 PM
男性アーチャーボイス /vo20 [Unknown in death...Nor known in Life.]

This voice is hillarious. What even

red1228
Mar 14, 2015, 06:18 PM
Dying a lot would be bothersome, but having a death-autoword I actually support.

I frequently get "tunnel vision" in this game & sometimes don't notice the empty HealthBars of my party members or see the " ! " on the mini-map (really wish there was an option to enlarge the map bigger than its standard size, but smaller than the Screen-Obstructing "Press N to enlarge" size. Zoom on the standard size doesn't work out to my liking either).

So I appreciate a slightly-obnoxious AutoWord that lets me know you just ate dirt & need assistance. There's been a couple of times where I'm suddenly fighting a boss or two alone & other players' corpses are bitching at me to revive them.

K.O. Kazjivo
Mar 14, 2015, 06:29 PM
I'm okay with it as long as I don't see it every two seconds. i.e. person does not know how to dodge and dies every two seconds.

Shinamori
Mar 14, 2015, 06:31 PM
”ムーンお願いし” is what I use.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 14, 2015, 06:35 PM
This voice is hillarious. What even

Happens to be the voice of a famous male character in Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-JuwdmoIM

Punisher106
Mar 14, 2015, 06:40 PM
I got three different autowords that I have set to public when I'm facerolled.

1. ムーン… お… 願い… (<hp>)
2. そんな… (<hp>)
3. *SA of what you see when you die in Touhou, complete with a "ピチューン"*

I have a couple of other SAs for when I'm revived, basically going "あ、ありがとう! (<hp>)" or a SA of Ran saying thank you.

Frankincense
Mar 14, 2015, 06:45 PM
Keep them short and to the point. NO SYMBOL ART. Not all of us can run the game in 1080p+ all the time. The screen is cramped enough as it is without symbol art or three lines of dramatic/perverted/"clever" dialogue telling me how you keep dying every five seconds. (Ever notice the long/graphic ones are usually the people who die most?)

All other autowords should be kept to party. My team actually has a rule against public autowords (incapacitation being the exception) because this is so annoying and reflects poorly.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 14, 2015, 07:07 PM
Nope, fuck ya autowords. That's why SEGA added the red exclamation alerts both on the map and over your head.
That implies anyone in the MPA isn't having hardcore tunnel vision.

schnee4
Mar 14, 2015, 07:16 PM
autoword ok!
see you face each 5 second = no!

LonelyGaruga
Mar 14, 2015, 07:18 PM
男性アーチャーボイス /vo20 [Unknown in death...Nor known in Life.]

As someone also using Archer voice, I am shamed by your horrible misusage of that line. It should be reserved strictly for badassery, like using skills or Photon Blasts. Dying is the least badass thing you can do! Way to go. Also, it's to, not in. You even linked the voice clip, how'd you mess that up? For shame.

More on topic, I'm OK with symbol art autowords, except for when the same person dies every 10 seconds. Then it's annoying because it tells me this person is a failure as a player. But that's their fault, not the autoword's.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 14, 2015, 07:23 PM
As someone also using Archer voice, I am shamed by your horrible misusage of that line. It should be reserved strictly for badassery, like using skills or Photon Blasts. Dying is the least badass thing you can do! Way to go. Also, it's to, not in. You even linked the voice clip, how'd you mess that up? For shame.

More on topic, I'm OK with symbol art autowords, except for when the same person dies every 10 seconds. Then it's annoying because it tells me this person is a failure as a player. But that's their fault, not the autoword's.

Dying can be badass...Unless there is no such thing as " Blaze of Glory."
But I did misquote. Will fix that.

Autowords are great. It shows me what that character is up to since their name is attached to it. The more I remember, the more I'll avoid in case of someone dying like Kenny.

yoshiblue
Mar 14, 2015, 07:27 PM
Come back with your shield or on it.

TaigaUC
Mar 14, 2015, 07:39 PM
I don't mind death autowords.
I do mind other ones, like people spamming whenever they pick up a rare.
Or on every single Tech. The rate for Tech Autowords is way too high.

The biggest problem is when autowords cover the screen and I can't aim.
I can't believe SEGA still hasn't fixed that shit.

When I'm with JP people I'm not familiar with, I tell them to let me know if my AWs are irritating and I can turn them off.
One JP friend politely asked me to turn them off once because of aiming issues.
I usually turn them off when partying with people I don't know, though.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 14, 2015, 08:47 PM
Dying can be badass...Unless there is no such thing as " Blaze of Glory."

You face plant and become useless. That. Is. Not. Badass!

Hysteria1987
Mar 14, 2015, 09:44 PM
autoword ok!
see you face each 5 second = no!

Basically this. I don't mind public autowords most of the time, especially if they're interesting and characterful, but the constant faces just get in the way a bit too much.

That said, all of my autowords are party-only. If I want to say something to someone, I got a bunch of text shortcuts that says what I want to say in Japanese and in English.

Noblewine
Mar 14, 2015, 10:03 PM
I liked auto words since they were useful in some situations but it did get old after awhile.

Keilyn
Mar 14, 2015, 10:15 PM
...another reason why I stopped playing Techer Main outside of pure MPAs and think twice about the skill that allows players you revive to carry your buffs.

Everyone competes for the FUN POINTS which means a techer who could revive and give out buffs gets shafted as well as many moons go to waste when you see two to three players in challenge throw moons at the same time hoping they can get the 20 FUN points.

wefwq
Mar 14, 2015, 10:53 PM
I dunno, i have autowords set upon death before SEGA added red ! mark features thing and never bother to remove it since it's just a simple <hp>.

The things that i hate from autowords is when people tried to set big as shit symbol arts to their autowords, using cutins, and full length cringeworthy dialogue, since it's just feels like begging for attention.
And for some reason, setting rare drop autowords to public chat slightly trigger me, especially if it's a symbol art one.

SamuiNe
Mar 15, 2015, 02:01 AM
A few lines of text for the autoword is fine, but not w/ SA or cut-in.

Some might get creative on the autoword.
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/gAVRb/69b0ced44d.png[/spoiler-box]

Atmius
Mar 15, 2015, 02:26 AM
It's kind of pointless to censor out your own name when you have what your character is called right there in your sig.

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 15, 2015, 03:58 AM
someone i seen in a mpa uses 10+ public autowords for facts about the game and hints and tips for every autoword action..... lol

Azure Falcon
Mar 15, 2015, 06:40 AM
Upon death and revival are the only two autowords that I think should be set, in particular I prefer it if people actually use a symbol art for the death one as it can be incredibly tough to notice a small text bubble when the screen is being drowned out with special effects. People still keep ignoring and trampling over corpses even with the big exclamation marks anyway.

Personally I just use an SA that implies I'm dead and then a quick text Thanks/ありがとう for revival, but then I only die when it is a move that hits for more than 1k HP through Deband anyway.

Rain Walker
Mar 15, 2015, 07:14 AM
I don't understand why some of you hate public autowords on death oAo It's quite useful until someone uses it to troll people o3o

Sayara
Mar 15, 2015, 08:02 AM
...another reason why I stopped playing Techer Main outside of pure MPAs and think twice about the skill that allows players you revive to carry your buffs.

Everyone competes for the FUN POINTS which means a techer who could revive and give out buffs gets shafted as well as many moons go to waste when you see two to three players in challenge throw moons at the same time hoping they can get the 20 FUN points.

Just make sure you didnt get Reverser Field :wacko:
The problem with public autowords probably stems from people who did alot of Portable 2. where autowords triggered every single time you did the action so it got cluttery and annoying.

And sometimes peoples imaginations are lackluster :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Mar 15, 2015, 08:04 AM
I don't understand why some of you hate public autowords on death oAo It's quite useful until someone uses it to troll people o3o

Because they're redundant and unneeded to anyone who pays attention to the map at regular, intelligent intervals.

...which, I'm guessing, ain't very many people, unsurprisingly.

Terrence
Mar 15, 2015, 08:18 AM
Since we have the option to do AW/CI/SA for many actions, death one in particular, I really don't understand why we shouldn't use it. Because it bothers a few people we don't even give a shit about ? I agree we have to be careful and avoid flooding the screen but let's take an example. During the fight against Anga Fundarge, if we don't mention the incompetent ones we can clearly see dying in front of us because they're unable to avoid the Mega-Megid attack, we can't always stare at the map and/or have the camera in front of the red marks to know who's dead. So, an AW, a SA or a CI may come in handy to alert us. That's why all my teammates auto put a SA up (big red Moon Atomizer) if they fall.

Cyclon
Mar 15, 2015, 08:20 AM
Well I do enjoy my double-kos by the mean of rising edge to the face of an almost dead boss lunging at me.

Choice 2 pretty much. I find autowords quite obnoxious most of the time, but in the case of death they have a practical purpose so I tolerate them, as long as they're short and without cut-ins.

Totori
Mar 15, 2015, 08:21 AM
We need more auto words everywhere!

Dephinix
Mar 15, 2015, 08:31 AM
Was gonna rage rant, but nah. Honestly, besides death auto, don't put everything in area chat. Keeping a lookout on hp/pp and the mini-map shouldn't
be an incredibly difficult task either. Just a quick look every five seconds, bam.

@Terrence: If it bothers that Ranger that's graciously applying weak bullet for the mpa, you might want to reconsider who you give a shit about.

Maenara
Mar 15, 2015, 09:00 AM
The only lines I've put ever put in all-chat were rare pickup, death, revival, AIS activation and emergency trial happening, E.G., "[{red}<et1>{def}] at {blu}<pos>{def}!"

I've since stopped doing the rare pickup since rares have become so common, and I've relocated emergency trial happening to party chat because the emergency trial named by the <et1> macro is frequently subject to 'lag' of sorts. I instead use a shortcut word if I want to point out an E-code.

wefwq
Mar 15, 2015, 11:27 AM
someone i seen in a mpa uses 10+ public autowords for facts about the game and hints and tips for every autoword action..... lol
I seen "this" one kind of guy like on another month, but this guy filling his autowords with error message... kinda amusing having him running around, though.

Superia
Mar 15, 2015, 02:23 PM

I feel like there's a way. Maybe if you like...

If you are somehow the only member of the MPA to survive Loser's time stop and then you use limit break for no reason and moon to res everyone but get killed right after.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 15, 2015, 02:36 PM
Well I do enjoy my double-kos by the mean of rising edge to the face of an almost dead boss lunging at me.

I feel like there's a way. Maybe if you like...

If you are somehow the only member of the MPA to survive Loser's time stop and then you use limit break for no reason and moon to res everyone but get killed right after.

No, because this is deliberately doing something dumb. Fake badassery, in other words.

Sp-24
Mar 15, 2015, 02:54 PM
A death autoword is generally a good idea. Death autoword with a cut-in should be an instant blacklist.

Great Pan
Mar 15, 2015, 07:53 PM
I just went LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKINNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSS in my death autoword.

moorebounce
Mar 15, 2015, 09:20 PM
I don't mind death and revived autowords at all. That other crap is what gets on my nerves.

Achelousaurus
Mar 16, 2015, 05:26 AM
A death autoword is generally a good idea. Death autoword with a cut-in should be an instant blacklist.
Cut-ins are actually a lot of fun. In theory anyway. In praxis their location so that 4 will block 90% of the important part of the screen makes them excruciatingly annoying and I avoid them at all costs.

At the moment I only got simple death / revive autowords and nothing else.
I got a short cut to et 1 / et 2 at pos for the time when I'm alone triggering it.

Sometimes SAs can be nice, after all there are a lot of amazing ones and it's one of the best features of this game.
But constant spam makes them annoying again.

HeyItsTHK
Mar 16, 2015, 06:11 PM
Because they're redundant and unneeded to anyone who pays attention to the map at regular, intelligent intervals.

...which, I'm guessing, ain't very many people, unsurprisingly.

You'd be surprised at how many people don't even seem to notice their map, heck I'm pretty sure most have it set to the default small compass one.

Anyways I only have 2 death autowords, my very first one which is a symbol art of dead Yamcha in a crater. Who doesn't love dead Yamcha? Japan has that on shirts for crying out loud. The other is "S.O.S! Send help for 20 Fun Points!" I used to do it with a cut in cause it had funny angles, but now it always shows the same one so I removed it.

In general autowords (with cut ins and SAs even) don't bother me too much unless too many go off at the same time because some genius thought it was smart to have cut ins occupy the most important spots in all four quadrants. It's like wearing Hilbert Arms while in a turret.

Macman
Mar 16, 2015, 10:16 PM
All this talk about autowords and you all forget the true evil that Sega still hasn't addressed: NPCs flooding your chat log window even though you have auto-words set to not show up there. :disapprove:

My body feels lighter.

ShinMaruku
Mar 16, 2015, 10:49 PM
None of you have played with my characters. :P

BIG OLAF
Mar 16, 2015, 11:11 PM
You'd be surprised at how many people don't even seem to notice their map, heck I'm pretty sure most have it set to the default small compass one.

Wouldn't be surprised at all.

None of you have played with my characters. :P

Fortunately.