PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix wants you! ! ! baby

Noblewine
Mar 14, 2015, 09:54 PM
They want to hear their fans oppinions so what are they.....

Mine is quit shitting on the Mana franichise for starters. :/
No more remakes. Try going back to your old roots.

Palle
Mar 14, 2015, 11:59 PM
I'm stretched thin enough as it is... can't they be happy with taking my money?

Noblewine
Mar 15, 2015, 08:08 PM

If you enjoy crappy/half assed storytelling and over the top curscenes. :/
Minor/wrong improvements to gameplay

Palle
Mar 15, 2015, 08:45 PM
If you enjoy crappy/half assed storytelling and over the top curscenes. :/
Minor/wrong improvements to gameplay

I take it you have not tried FF14 since 1.0

Noblewine
Mar 15, 2015, 08:59 PM
No, I havent and dont plan to. :/

Outrider
Mar 16, 2015, 11:03 AM
Give us the Chrono Trigger sequel we've all been asking for:

Robo & Johnny: Buddies on the Run

PhotonDrop
Mar 16, 2015, 02:57 PM
You want no more remakes but you also want more remakes? :???:

Noblewine
Mar 16, 2015, 07:24 PM
You want no more remakes but you also want more remakes? :???:

Not necessarily PD, I prefer they go back to their old roots like Bravely Default for example. I dont know much about the story but atleast the gameplay/story felt like its roots was similar to Final Fantasy or other RPG's during the NES/SNES era.

Zorafim
Mar 16, 2015, 09:00 PM
That's not going to happen. They switch out teams throughout the years, so that the same game series is probably being made by different people. If they did another Chrono sequel, it would either be done completely differently, or feel like a cheap knockoff.
That's what I've learned as a gamer, at least. If you want to play another classic Final Fantasy, you'll have to find something made by people who grew up with them.

Palle
Mar 17, 2015, 12:50 AM
Give us the Chrono Trigger sequel we've all been asking for:

I already got the one I asked for.

http://cdn.wikimg.net/chronowiki/images/thumb/f/f3/StarkyModel.png/76px-StarkyModel.png

yoshiblue
Mar 17, 2015, 01:55 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics A3,

But its like Dissidia where a bunch of final fantasies are involved. Using only a bunch of side characters who just want to go home.

NoiseHERO
Mar 17, 2015, 06:10 AM
That's not going to happen. They switch out teams throughout the years, so that the same game series is probably being made by different people. If they did another Chrono sequel, it would either be done completely differently, or feel like a cheap knockoff.
That's what I've learned as a gamer, at least. If you want to play another classic Final Fantasy, you'll have to find something made by people who grew up with them.

If toriyama's artstyle is back(can't be too hard I mean he does dragon quest) and music is the same artists, and trigger's battle system is used as a base. I guess that'd be enough to shut me up.

Also as much as I'm not a FF7 fan, a remake for that is way over due.

But yeah what's deal with chrono name drops all over than survey.

And why's this thread in FKL I don't wanna get beat up by memesters for liking old square games.

Zorafim
Mar 17, 2015, 09:14 AM
What's with there not being a remake of FFVII? I thought it was the most popular one, and it's the one that could benefit the most from a graphical upgrade. Every FF before it has been remade, a third of them in 3D.

Outrider
Mar 17, 2015, 04:33 PM
Just to be clear: there should probably never be another entry in the Chrono series. They can't get the original team back again and everything they've done with the series since then (Chrono Cross, the new content in the DS release) keeps pulling the game further and further from the original.

A lot of people love Chrono Cross and it's got a lot of good stuff in it, but doesn't do a great job at being a sequel to Chrono Trigger.

It also doesn't help that for the most part, the only person who seems to keep returning for Chrono projects is Masato Kato, who is... well, he's pretty easily the weakest link in the "Dream Team." Basically, if you ever wondered what Chrono Trigger would be like without Yuji Naka's whimsy, you can look at the pointlessly dour events of Chrono Cross.

I'm not trying to be too hard on the game, though. It took me a while to figure out what the deal was with Chrono Cross and the fact that it basically craps all over the first game didn't help. But it's actually a pretty neat game and it does a lot of really interesting stuff with its gameplay and narrative. It's also gorgeous and has some excellent music, which never hurts.

It just probably would have been better if it was never presented as a sequel to Chrono Trigger. All of its weakest moments are when it's trying to connect with or continue on from the original game.

Noblewine
Mar 17, 2015, 07:31 PM
Welp people already know what happened when fans of Chrono Trigger tried to make their own version. :/
I understand Square Enix is in a rut but they really need to try harder.

Who remembers Blue Dragon.

Outrider
Mar 18, 2015, 11:36 AM
I have not heard great things about Blue Dragon. Everybody keeps telling me I should play Lost Odyssey, though.

Zorafim
Mar 18, 2015, 11:38 AM
I looked up the soundtrack to Blue Dragon, since I heard Nobuo composed it. I was not impressed.

Noblewine
Mar 18, 2015, 09:11 PM
And why's this thread in FKL I don't wanna get beat up by memesters for liking old square games.

Because Square Enix has an inflated ego. :/
Blue Dragon is a good example of what I mean.

Adriano
Mar 18, 2015, 09:18 PM

I refuse to log back in until heavensward has been released.

Palle
Mar 19, 2015, 12:56 AM
I refuse to log back in until heavensward has been released.

Already conquered every corner of Eorzea, dismantled the Garleans, and subjugated the Ishgardian papacy?

You lying son of a bitch, get back on the damn server.

Outrider
Mar 19, 2015, 01:30 PM
Because Square Enix has an inflated ego. :/
Blue Dragon is a good example of what I mean.

Blue Dragon was not a Square Enix game.

Noblewine
Mar 19, 2015, 05:59 PM
Welp I feel stupid right now. Though the three that worked on CT were involved in Blue Dragon, right?

Outrider
Mar 23, 2015, 12:25 PM
Yeah, sorta. Hironobu Sakaguchi, Akira Toriyama, and Nobuo Uematsu served similar roles for both Chrono Trigger and Blue Dragon. It's worth mentioning, though, that Uematsu only did some of the music for Chrono Trigger. It's largely Yatsunori Mitsuda who was responsible for the soundtrack, with Uematsu finishing it up.

He's also one of only two leads who worked on Chrono Cross in the same capacity that he worked on the original Chrono Trigger and pretty much hit it out of the park in both cases. As I mentioned before, Masato Kato took over as head writer with Chrono Cross (versus working with Yuji Horii of Dragon Quest fame on Chrono Trigger who also may have written most of the main story beats). I'd be shocked if that wasn't the key difference between why Chrono Trigger is so upbeat and fun and Chrono Cross is so needlessly dour. Maybe it's just the character designs, but I think the tone and story of Chrono Trigger have a lot more Dragon Quest in them than most people realize.