PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Returning and need help deciding (class)

Pso2Deity
Mar 16, 2015, 11:30 AM
So I have been gone from PSO2 due to no one to run with but now have a few friends. My question is out of

assault
launcher
twin machinegun

Is the most dps/fastest to work with?

and which one is highly recommended?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you for reading

Lostbob117
Mar 16, 2015, 12:25 PM
Challenger is pretty good and fun.

Pso2Deity
Mar 16, 2015, 02:24 PM

ouo.... remind me again what class runs that? LOL sry v.v

Anduril
Mar 16, 2015, 02:31 PM
ouo.... remind me again what class runs that? LOL sry v.v
Challenger is a new class exclusively used in the newly released Challenge Quest.
As for your original question, I'm assuming you played Gu/Ra or Ra/Gu? You might want to take a look at the recent posts in the Ranger and Gunner threads to get some idea as to how they play now.

One Shot, One Kill (A Comprehensive Ranger Guide/Discussion) (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226372)
Gunner Stuff Discussion ™ (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200779)

Pso2Deity
Mar 16, 2015, 02:40 PM
Challenger is a new class exclusively used in the newly released Challenge Quest.
As for your original question, I'm assuming you played Gu/Ra or Ra/Gu? You might want to take a look at the recent posts in the Ranger and Gunner threads to get some idea as to how they play now.

ive played as launcher so far but i felt it was slow... was thinking about trying to find a faster pace class and saw some gameplay of twin subs but didnt know if that was ideal lol

Shunx
Mar 16, 2015, 03:22 PM
TMG is good, but it's mostly midranged/Close Combat. The DPS you can rack with Chain Trig and Satellite aim is laughable with Weak Bullet(200k per Sat Aim hit with 100 Chain on Apos)

Rifle are mainly DPS, however don't expect to build PB quickly. You're also one of the main damage sources with Weak Bullet. One point can hurt with Weak bullet and Sat Cannon is best for still mobs that have WB applied to it.

Overall from my exerience, I like Gunner, but without Chain Trig you'll have problems keeping those damage numbers up.

Rifles and TMGs are the same speed

Rifle is safer as you're at a distance, while TMGs, the only thing keeping you safe is your timing with Stylish Roll.

Also iirc, Ulti mobs(or maybe just the boss) have resist against R-ATK, so yeah.

Anduril
Mar 16, 2015, 03:25 PM
ive played as launcher so far but i felt it was slow... was thinking about trying to find a faster pace class and saw some gameplay of twin subs but didnt know if that was ideal lol
Okay, here's a quick, rudimentary overview.

Gunner with TMGs is a close-to-mid range fighter whose main strength is its Chain skill which is used to get high amounts of damage on single targets. It does have a couple of crowd control Photon Arts, but it is primarily about taking on one target on at a time.

Assault Rifles can be used as Ranger or Gunner, but only Ranger (as main or sub class) has access to the ever useful Weak Bullet which creates a weakspot on enemies that does (I believe) three times damage. Assault Rifles also benefit from Ranger's Standing Snipe skills that give boosts in damage by attacking while not moving (3 second trigger); this combined with the PA Satellite Cannon can mean high damage on single or closely grouped targets when fully charged. But much like TMGs, Rifles are mostly single target weapons, though they do have access to some multitarget PAs.

Ultimately, the best thing you can do is find what works for you best and look around for Skill Trees that closely fit and give benefits to how you play.

Pso2Deity
Mar 16, 2015, 03:36 PM
ty both for your explanations and suggestions. I appreciate it a lot

wefwq
Mar 16, 2015, 07:29 PM
Yeah, their stat gain per level are superior.
10/10 would recommend.

GHNeko
Mar 16, 2015, 08:45 PM
has access to the ever useful Weak Bullet which creates a weakspot on enemies that does (I believe) three times damage.

255%; not 300%.

Yeah, their stat gain per level are superior.
10/10 would recommend.

I'd main challenger if I could.

Sega pls give Challenger outside of C-Mode.